Why isn't there a Locker based Killer?

Imagine a little troll that can teleport between lockers across the map and hide in lockers to become undetectable. And do Surprise attacks similar to Head On.

It would be super meme and funny and could probably actually be viable if it was balanced right. A locker teleporting Killer might have more map control then a Freddy or Demo actually

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Cool idea but most survivors dont use lockers so his power wouldnt catch many people. It would be great for map pressure though. Offensive however, once people know who the killer is they will stay away from lockers. Its better to go hunting rather then hoping they come to you.

  • I remember someone suggesting that locker teleporting could be a power of the Clown as part of a clown's magic trick (at the expense of rendering the exit locker temporarily unusable).

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Cool idea but most survivors dont use lockers so his power wouldnt catch many people. It would be great for map pressure though. Offensive however, once people know who the killer is they will stay away from lockers. Its better to go hunting rather then hoping they come to you.

    To be fair, you could make the Undetectability last a couple of seconds after leaving a locker similar to how Demogorgon has a couple of seconds of Undetectability after tunneling. Because lockers are fairly well spread over the map he would, like you said, have potentially excellent map movement and occasionally might get the drop on someone who is within about 5-10 meters of a locker.

    I'm not sure if this is enough of an ability to be a good killer, but it's definitely a good start. 🙂

  • Hah, that was one of my ideas for the Nightmare rework.

    When they announced Nightmare would appear from blood at Generators, i was hoping he could also appear from Lockers.

    And the animation would him be casually walking out while blood floods out, as if the entire Locker was full.


    Of course, idk how balanced that would be, but the thought of a Locker opening and blood just splashing everywhere was kinda hardcore to me.

  • I really wanted a Ghostface add-on that would let him hide and Stalk from lockers.

    Instead we just get 18 different flavors of Slightly/Moderately/Considerably increase X, Y, Z. Sigh...

    At least Chewed Pen and Address Book are good.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    I really wanted a Ghostface add-on that would let him hide and Stalk from lockers.

    Instead we just get 18 different flavors of Slightly/Moderately/Considerably increase X, Y, Z. Sigh...

    At least Chewed Pen and Address Book are good.

    You forgot about Go Cart Ghost Face. If you stack the best crouching add-ons, you actually move slightly faster than the normal walking speed and can chase Survivors while crouching

  • When GF was released, people wondered if he could walk into lockers and then spring out if them, but it never happened. Would actually be a good idea suggested by the OP. Imagine walking past a locker near a gen and wondering if it is already occupied and a killer will jump out.

  • I think this idea has potential. I think the Killer, lets call him Gordygone Spleenripper, is some kind of faerie tale monster that looks like a small goblin (Redcap) normally but explodes into a hideous, large monster at the right time. I think he should be able to teleport through existing Lockers, going in one and be able to come out another. We have other Killers that teleport around, so I don't think the code could be that hard. The power should also give it a sort of Head On attack where it explodes from a Locker and can either grab (short range) or slash with its claws (lunge). Other than that, make it a standard M1 Killer at 115% that shrinks down into goblin form when it goes into lockers (cute animations) and grows into large grotesque version of itself when it comes out. That is enough of the base power, let's call it Closet Monster.

    Perk-1: Forbidden Knowledge

    The goblin knows what's in your heart and in your pockets. It automatically knows all secret Offerings. At Level-1 It knows the Add Ons of two random Survivors, At Level-2 it knows three, and at Level-4 it knows what all four Survivors added on.

    Perk-2: Unseelie

    The goblin can invoke Unseelie magic, and like Hag, places its cryptic marks on the ground. Those that touch them lose any items carried and its add ons. The lost items are teleported inside the Chest in the Basement which is normally empty. If there is no room for more items, the mark won't work again until there is room, i.e. someone clears a chest. At Tier-1 of this Perk it uses the one chest in the basement. At Tier-2 a second chest appears in the basement to steal more items. At Tier-3 a third chest appears. The marks, like Hags, can be destroyed with flashlights.

    Perk-3: Widdershins

    It can cause proxy versions of itself to be walking around (complete with fake auras and terror radius) on the map. These monster Bots will emerge from Lockers nearest Generators being repaired and run toward them as if to attack and will follow/chase the closest Survivor. They last for 20 seconds. At Tier-1 there is one monster, another at Tier-2, and three at Tier-4. So it is possible to have four Gordygones running on the map creating confusion.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576524#Comment_1576524

    You forgot about Go Cart Ghost Face. If you stack the best crouching add-ons, you actually move slightly faster than the normal walking speed and can chase Survivors while crouching

    Is it really faster? I thought it was just slightly under 115%.

    Personally, I'm partial to stacking the colognes for longer Exposed duration. I tend to run Enduring and Spirit Fury on him, so I can try to build it up and proc it before the Exposed runs out, but if they're actually beneficial I should use the Crouch speed add-ons more.

    I thought they were just for memeing.

  • I was hoping for the Boogeyman and he could transport between lockers and see outside if a survivor is near. If he teleports into a locker with a survivor then it’s an insta grab.

  • have you met huntress?

  • When people were pushing for Springtrap to be the next killer, people suggested having a locker-based power.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576530#Comment_1576530

    Is it really faster? I thought it was just slightly under 115%.

    Personally, I'm partial to stacking the colognes for longer Exposed duration. I tend to run Enduring and Spirit Fury on him, so I can try to build it up and proc it before the Exposed runs out, but if they're actually beneficial I should use the Crouch speed add-ons more.

    I thought they were just for memeing.

    Base crouch- 90%. Leather Knife Sheath (+5.6%). Drop-Leg Knife Sheath (+8.4%). 104% movement speed.

    It is slower, but since there's no delay with M1 attacks and crouching seriously messes with Survivors while looping because you're shorter than Hag. Also, the smaller hitbox makes it much harder for you to be revealed from Night Shroud.

    So it's surprisingly viable. And very meme. I spend half the game laughing as I get a 4k. Maybe not an all the time build but its spicy to mix into your gameplay

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576560#Comment_1576560

    Base crouch- 90%. Leather Knife Sheath (+5.6%). Drop-Leg Knife Sheath (+8.4%). 104% movement speed.

    It is slower, but since there's no delay with M1 attacks and crouching seriously messes with Survivors while looping because you're shorter than Hag. Also, the smaller hitbox makes it much harder for you to be revealed from Night Shroud.

    So it's surprisingly viable. And very meme. I spend half the game laughing as I get a 4k. Maybe not an all the time build but its spicy to mix into your gameplay

    Double crouch addons

    Nemesis+PWYF+Shadowborn+Nurse's calling/other detection perk.

    Crouch the whole game.

    I've heard some people referring to that build as "Smolface" or smth, I personally call it "Crouchface". Very funny and meme, get 3 tokens of PWYF and your train has no brakes 119% movement speed. Also, cuz you are smaller and have bigger FOV, you feel S P E E D

  • Ever wait in a locker waiting for your teammates to do something? Same principle with locker killers. You're going to waste a lot of time doing nothing.