To people who say killers like Deathslinger should be this strong in the 1v1

It's really just a selfish argument. You have to remember that the only fun part of the game for the survivors is the interaction with the killer. It's bad for the health of the game if the deathslinger is able to kill the survivor with no real counterplay.

The biggest issue is that the counters to deathslinger are just general or situational really. 'Split up and do gens'. 'Find long wall loops'

I think every killer in the game needs to have a balanced 1v1, so that the survivor can get away if they outplay the killer, but the killer can kill the survivor if they outplay them. I then think the killer needs some sort of movement or pressure ability, because the game will just go by too fast otherwise. Hillbilly is a PERFECT example of this. He has a strong movement ability and good potential to instadown. Deathslinger is way to strong in the 1v1 but too weak in the 1v4.

TLDR: Killers should have their power equally strong in the 1v1 and the 1v4, not too strong in the 1v1 and too weak in the 1v4 like DS.


EDIT: Why does everyone here assume I'm a survivor main. I barely even play survivor at all. Also most of you are ignoring that i WANT DEATHSLINGER TO GET A BUFF

Comments

  • People who say he hasn't got counterplay tend to want easier counterplay that any mediocre rank 10 can pull off. I've had matches where I faced really good loopers that managed to read my shots and prolong the chase for a while, just because Deathslinger requires different mindset when outplaying him in chase doesn't mean he's got no counterplay.

    If claiming that good deathslinger will never miss his shots no matter what survivors do then killers like nurse, spirit or even doctor are far superior in chase then deathslinger is. Adapting to deathslinger's chase mechanics is hard, that's why people want him nerfed to make it easier for them.

  • Deathslinger is definitely one of the least fun killers to go against, because he really can just shoot you and reel you in. Any Deathslinger that gets juked is a Deathslinger that made a mistake, which sounds a lot stupider than it is in reality. He's not a killer you can get a read on, and he's not a killer that needs to read the survivor. Just close the gap and shoot them if they get too close to a pallet or vault a window. It takes a lot more skill than I make it sound, but at the end of the day so does Nurse, and everyone hates a good Nurse as well.

  • @mostlyghostly said:

    It's really just a selfish argument. You have to remember that the only fun part of the game for the survivors is the interaction with the killer. It's bad for the health of the game if the deathslinger is able to kill the survivor with no real counterplay.

    The biggest issue is that the counters to deathslinger are just general or situational really. 'Split up and do gens'. 'Find long wall loops'

    I think every killer in the game needs to have a balanced 1v1, so that the survivor can get away if they outplay the killer, but the killer can kill the survivor if they outplay them. I then think the killer needs some sort of movement or pressure ability, because the game will just go by too fast otherwise. Hillbilly is a PERFECT example of this. He has a strong movement ability and good potential to instadown. Deathslinger is way to strong in the 1v1 but too weak in the 1v4.

    TLDR: Killers should have their power equally strong in the 1v1 and the 1v4, not too strong in the 1v1 and too weak in the 1v4 like DS.

    ikr, the deathslinger should get his gun removed and both of his legs snapped of because you cant have a killer killing survivors efficiently

  • So now survivors are targeting deathslinger? I thought it was Freddy and spirit

  • @mostlyghostly said:

    It's really just a selfish argument. You have to remember that the only fun part of the game for the survivors is the interaction with the killer. It's bad for the health of the game if the deathslinger is able to kill the survivor with no real counterplay.

    The biggest issue is that the counters to deathslinger are just general or situational really. 'Split up and do gens'. 'Find long wall loops'

    I think every killer in the game needs to have a balanced 1v1, so that the survivor can get away if they outplay the killer, but the killer can kill the survivor if they outplay them. I then think the killer needs some sort of movement or pressure ability, because the game will just go by too fast otherwise. Hillbilly is a PERFECT example of this. He has a strong movement ability and good potential to instadown. Deathslinger is way to strong in the 1v1 but too weak in the 1v4.

    TLDR: Killers should have their power equally strong in the 1v1 and the 1v4, not too strong in the 1v1 and too weak in the 1v4 like DS.

    It's opinionated whether you like versing certain killers or not. Unless they're objectively broken like old legion, they don't really need changes unless a lot of the community complains about it. There are lots of people like me who enjoy versing slinger, and lots who obviously don't. He's a fun thrill to verse in my opinion.

    A lot of people are just bandwagoning Scotts argument. He clearly states that it's his opinion in his video - which is fine. Its also fine to have the same opinion as him. But I refuse to believe that out of the blue all of these slinger haters have the EXACT same argument and all verse these "god" deathslingers, of which there are barely any.

    Literally, I see people ask "why do you not like slinger?", and they just link Scotts video LMAO.

    Ok, so, the only killer who even is slightly objectively broken is spirit, for obvious reasons, but the rest is just opinionated. I hate Myers and Pig but you don't see me asking for adjustments.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185077/to-people-who-say-killers-like-deathslinger-should-be-this-strong-in-the-1v1

    Sorry no.

    If you have NO fun doing any other part of the game as survivor, and that is your sole argument for why you should have a fairer chance during a chase, then you’re playing the wrong game.

    That killer your up against is a player too. If no matter which killer is chosen the game were designed around survivors having it too easy during a chase, killers will just give up in droves, and you will have NO game to play at all.

    That survivor you’re up against is a player too. If no matter which killer is chosen the game were designed around killers having it too easy during a chase, survivors will just give up in droves, and you will have NO game to play at all.

    Both sides are players. Both sides should be considered and balanced around. Against killers like DS and PH you might as well have survivor bots for all the input they have during a chase (just hold W lul). In fact, replace survivors with bots and most of the killer mains on this forum would probably be happier tbh.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185077/to-people-who-say-killers-like-deathslinger-should-be-this-strong-in-the-1v1

    It's opinionated whether you like versing certain killers or not. Unless they're objectively broken like old legion, they don't really need changes unless a lot of the community complains about it. There are lots of people like me who enjoy versing slinger, and lots who obviously don't. He's a fun thrill to verse in my opinion.

    A lot of people are just bandwagoning Scotts argument. He clearly states that it's his opinion in his video - which is fine. Its also fine to have the same opinion as him. But I refuse to believe that out of the blue all of these slinger haters have the EXACT same argument and all verse these "god" deathslingers, of which there are barely any.

    Literally, I see people ask "why do you not like slinger?", and they just link Scotts video LMAO.

    Ok, so, the only killer who even is slightly objectively broken is spirit, for obvious reasons, but the rest is just opinionated. I hate Myers and Pig but you don't see me asking for adjustments.

    I just want spirit to scream or do something when she phases, i also don't like the passive phasing to much either as it is just dumb luck if she changes direction on a small loop as it happens for a free hit...

  • @mostlyghostly said:

    It's really just a selfish argument. You have to remember that the only fun part of the game for the survivors is the interaction with the killer. It's bad for the health of the game if the deathslinger is able to kill the survivor with no real counterplay.

    The biggest issue is that the counters to deathslinger are just general or situational really. 'Split up and do gens'. 'Find long wall loops'

    I think every killer in the game needs to have a balanced 1v1, so that the survivor can get away if they outplay the killer, but the killer can kill the survivor if they outplay them. I then think the killer needs some sort of movement or pressure ability, because the game will just go by too fast otherwise. Hillbilly is a PERFECT example of this. He has a strong movement ability and good potential to instadown. Deathslinger is way to strong in the 1v1 but too weak in the 1v4.

    TLDR: Killers should have their power equally strong in the 1v1 and the 1v4, not too strong in the 1v1 and too weak in the 1v4 like DS.

    This game is not a 1 vs 1 game, it’s 4 vs 1. If you can easily counter a killer, then the killer won’t have a chance to win. Deathslinger creates pressure by quickdowns. Even tho that’s usually not enough.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561138#Comment_1561138

    I just want spirit to scream or do something when she phases, i also don't like the passive phasing to much either as it is just dumb luck if she changes direction on a small loop as it happens for a free hit...

    I wouldn't mind an indication when phasing for add on nerfs and base kit buffs.

  • I swear I'm going to eat my shoe the next time someone mentions Billy as the perfect standard for balance. I thought he was too strong before the nerf and he still destroys me equally hard after the nerf. I only play solo queue and as soon as one person goes down he just snowballs with BBQ and Infectious Fright and it might not be instantly gg but it quickly reaches a point where the only option is a one man hatch escape.

    He's the only killer in the game that feels too strong to me. I personally feel like a killer should have a weakness, whereas Billy has it all. He moves extremely fast and if you make a single mistake, you're dead. In this case, Deathslinger's weakness is his mobility, and his strength lies in his chase. That seems more balanced to me.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    So now survivors are targeting deathslinger? I thought it was Freddy and spirit

    I'm a killer main lol. I also think deathslinger should be buffed overall, just in other ways

  • @VicThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185077/to-people-who-say-killers-like-deathslinger-should-be-this-strong-in-the-1v1

    This game is not a 1 vs 1 game, it’s 4 vs 1. If you can easily counter a killer, then the killer won’t have a chance to win. Deathslinger creates pressure by quickdowns. Even tho that’s usually not enough.

    The 1v1 is the ONLY part of the game for the survivor where they interact with the killer. You have to make it fun for them and the killer

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561151#Comment_1561151

    A killers sole way to play is hunt, chase, and hook/kill survivors.

    Survivors have a variety of ways to contribute to the game to boost chances of escape from the trial. Chases should always be in favour of the killer. The killers are MEANT to be a threat. They’re a threat because your odds as survivor escaping the killer are MEANT to be low.

    Survivors willingly choosing to bait the killer into the single part of the game they’re MEANT to have the least success in: the chase, because they find that the only thing fun, that’s on them. They can’t use that as a basis for an argument to even the odds in chase against a killer.

    If they want even odds 1v1, go play street fighter.

    If the chase is the only thing they find fun, they’re playing the wrong role. Play killer.

    This game became popular BECAUSE chases are fun. If the survivor role gets boiled down to “hold M1 on gens and hold W until downed” then the game will die. Survivors need to want to play the survivor role for the game to actually function, 4 times as many of them are required.

  • Lameslinger needs a proper Terror Radius. I'm sick of running into him before I have any idea he's close. Otherwise I have no problem with him.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185077/to-people-who-say-killers-like-deathslinger-should-be-this-strong-in-the-1v1

    Sorry no.

    If you have NO fun doing any other part of the game as survivor, and that is your sole argument for why you should have a fairer chance during a chase, then you’re playing the wrong game.

    That killer your up against is a player too. If no matter which killer is chosen the game were designed around survivors having it too easy during a chase, killers will just give up in droves, and you will have NO game to play at all.

    Well, I barely play survivor that much but I assumed holding m1 on gens and then escaping isn't the fun part of the game for the vast majority of people. I've never heard anyone say that they enjoy that more than the chase

  • @mostlyghostly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561121#Comment_1561121

    Well, I barely play survivor that much but I assumed holding m1 on gens and then escaping isn't the fun part of the game for the vast majority of people. I've never heard anyone say that they enjoy that more than the chase

    Fine, then I'll say it. :p I enjoy the suspense of doing generators because the killer might show up at any time. I'm constantly looking around trying to see if he's coming or not. I also simply enjoy escaping because it makes me feel like I won, even if I didn't have to engage in a single chase all game.

  • Predrop the pallet and he is forced to break in most circumstances. And you need to be ready to call any bluffs.

    A lot of deathslingers will either always shoot or always bluff. If you notice he raises his gun to just get you to dodge and lose distance you call the bluff and keep going.

    On a lot of loops the time you can shoot a survivor is like a split second. Knowing that split second as a survivor let's you dodge preemtivaly

    I likefacing deathslingers cause how different you need to play against them. If you play against Deathslinger like you play against other killers then the problem lies with you

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Predrop the pallet and he is forced to break in most circumstances. And you need to be ready to call any bluffs.

    A lot of deathslingers will either always shoot or always bluff. If you notice he raises his gun to just get you to dodge and lose distance you call the bluff and keep going.

    On a lot of loops the time you can shoot a survivor is like a split second. Knowing that split second as a survivor let's you dodge preemtivaly

    I likefacing deathslingers cause how different you need to play against them. If you play against Deathslinger like you play against other killers then the problem lies with you

    Your counters require the DS player to make a mistake. If a DS always shoots or always fakes, then he's not playing well

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561138#Comment_1561138

    I just want spirit to scream or do something when she phases, i also don't like the passive phasing to much either as it is just dumb luck if she changes direction on a small loop as it happens for a free hit...

    She do already have phasing sound. If you conplain about no sound while on terror radius thats called mindgame she could be trolling you or surrounding the pallet.

  • @mostlyghostly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561121#Comment_1561121

    Well, I barely play survivor that much but I assumed holding m1 on gens and then escaping isn't the fun part of the game for the vast majority of people. I've never heard anyone say that they enjoy that more than the chase

    You forgot the important part say on endchat GGEZ thats the funny part dont you see the SWF

  • @Gylfie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561203#Comment_1561203

    Fine, then I'll say it. :p I enjoy the suspense of doing generators because the killer might show up at any time. I'm constantly looking around trying to see if he's coming or not. I also simply enjoy escaping because it makes me feel like I won, even if I didn't have to engage in a single chase all game.

    I promise if you keep playing that will go away.

  • I hate saying this but it really just is the truth but, git gud

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561174#Comment_1561174

    This game became popular BECAUSE chases are fun. If the survivor role gets boiled down to “hold M1 on gens and hold W until downed” then the game will die. Survivors need to want to play the survivor role for the game to actually function, 4 times as many of them are required.

    So we should nerf already bad killers just because you can't learn how to play against said bad killer?

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    So now survivors are targeting deathslinger? I thought it was Freddy and spirit

    ScottLund made a video about Deathslinger being unfun and now its meta to complain about him.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561136#Comment_1561136

    ScottLund made a video about Deathslinger being unfun and now its meta to complain about him.

    Yeah ngl not a huge fan of scott jund

  • @DontNerf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561194#Comment_1561194

    So we should nerf already bad killers just because you can't learn how to play against said bad killer?

    This is a terrible response, for several reasons. Firstly, when did I say anything about nerfs in my comment? Secondly, I’m not looking at this from a personal “I don’t like X killer” perspective, I’m interested in making the game more enjoyable for everyone. Believe it or not but there are many of us who play both sides and are capable of understanding that the game experience needs to be good for both killers and survivors if the game is going to thrive.

  • @VicThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185077/to-people-who-say-killers-like-deathslinger-should-be-this-strong-in-the-1v1

    This game is not a 1 vs 1 game, it’s 4 vs 1. If you can easily counter a killer, then the killer won’t have a chance to win. Deathslinger creates pressure by quickdowns. Even tho that’s usually not enough.

    My point is that it's not healthy for his only source of pressure to be quick downs. He should have more counterplay and also get a secondary pressure ability

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185077/to-people-who-say-killers-like-deathslinger-should-be-this-strong-in-the-1v1

    Sorry no.

    If you have NO fun doing any other part of the game as survivor, and that is your sole argument for why you should have a fairer chance during a chase, then you’re playing the wrong game.

    That killer your up against is a player too. If no matter which killer is chosen the game were designed around survivors having it too easy during a chase, killers will just give up in droves, and you will have NO game to play at all.

    I say in my post I want DS to get a buff. He's not a good killer in terms of strength or design. I just want him to be more balanced instead of having all his strength in the 1v1 and none in the 1v4

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561290#Comment_1561290

    This is a terrible response, for several reasons. Firstly, when did I say anything about nerfs in my comment? Secondly, I’m not looking at this from a personal “I don’t like X killer” perspective, I’m interested in making the game more enjoyable for everyone. Believe it or not but there are many of us who play both sides and are capable of understanding that the game experience needs to be good for both killers and survivors if the game is going to thrive.

    I agree it does have to be fun for both sides, so why does Deathslinger need changes? The entire point if facing him is understand how he plays plus this game isn't a 1v1 its 4v1 so of course the killer should be the power role.

  • I disagree with Scott on Deathslinger but to be fair his argument isn’t that Deathslinger is too powerful, he specifically says he thinks he’s average. What Scott says is that the counterplay to Deathslinger isn’t interesting to do. He would say that the counterplay is simply throw pallets early when injured, since Deathslinger is weak across pallets, and otherwise make “random” jukes and hope it throws off his aim. His argument would be that he wants a clearer visual cue from Deathslinger of what his intentions are so he can react to them as they happen rather than “guess” and “hope Deathslinger makes a mistake”.

    And I think that’s where Scott is wrong. Just because the ball in in Deathslinger’s court to miss a shot in the open doesn’t mean there isn’t a mental game going on between him and survivors over the course of play. Not just jukes but planning routes to take optimal advantage of terrain, strategically spreading out from other survivors to make the killer waste additional time getting from chase to chase, having a sense of when to vault or not vault or drop a pallet, knowing whether to crouch or if an obstacle can block a shot, and so on. The fact that he is a ranged killer alone opens up a ton of potential strategies that aren’t common for melee only killers, and that you can actively take advantage of his chain being broken by terrain is a unique tactical opportunity as well. A killer doesn’t need to literally telegraph his attack right before it happens to be fun to play against but that is essentially Scott’s argument in that video.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185077/to-people-who-say-killers-like-deathslinger-should-be-this-strong-in-the-1v1

    Sorry no.

    If you have NO fun doing any other part of the game as survivor, and that is your sole argument for why you should have a fairer chance during a chase, then you’re playing the wrong game.

    That killer your up against is a player too. If no matter which killer is chosen the game were designed around survivors having it too easy during a chase, killers will just give up in droves, and you will have NO game to play at all.

    Beside the chase whats the other fun part of DbD then? I hope you have something better then hiding or doing gens.

    They’re a threat because your odds as survivor escaping the killer are MEANT to be low

    Really? Who says that? You? I only heared about a 50/50 metric but thats it. Stop making random assumptions just because you want them to be that way. Maybe you play the wrong game.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    So now survivors are targeting deathslinger? I thought it was Freddy and spirit

    Don't worry, they'll get to them once Kekslinger gets a nice red bar around his power icon. And then they'll get back to Nurse and Billy.

  • @Chappy04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185077/to-people-who-say-killers-like-deathslinger-should-be-this-strong-in-the-1v1

    ikr, the deathslinger should get his gun removed and both of his legs snapped of because you cant have a killer killing survivors efficiently

    So that's why there relentlessly trying to get legion "reworked" now

    I understand now

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561136#Comment_1561136

    Don't worry, they'll get to them once Kekslinger gets a nice red bar around his power icon. And then they'll get back to Nurse and Billy.

    I'M LITERALLY SAYING I WANT HIM BUFFED. READ MY POST

  • @Zani22 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561129#Comment_1561129

    So that's why there relentlessly trying to get legion "reworked" now

    I understand now

    I WANT DEATHSLINGER TO BE BUFFED. READ MY POST

  • If you change his 1v1 he is nerfed. That's just fact. He is probably the only killer that if you change one thing about him he is now clown tier.

    You're also changing an entire killer not because they're too weak, but that you don't like them. With no consideration of the fact that people play and main slinger like me.

    Also slinger is actually quite good, id put him just above billy.

  • please only talk about yourself. For me, running round in circles is not "the only fun part" of the game. I prefer the hide-and-seek part. There is more than one way to play the game, even if you dont like the other ways.

  • Please before making nerf posts think about the 1v1 and 4v1 aspect while yes deathslinger has a strong 1v1 aspect he doesn’t have a very good 4v1 aspect so a nerf is not what is best for them unless they also receive a buff like 115% speed or a movement ability which I’m sure everyone would prefer current version over any of that

  • @Kebek said:

    People who say he hasn't got counterplay tend to want easier counterplay that any mediocre rank 10 can pull off. I've had matches where I faced really good loopers that managed to read my shots and prolong the chase for a while, just because Deathslinger requires different mindset when outplaying him in chase doesn't mean he's got no counterplay.

    If claiming that good deathslinger will never miss his shots no matter what survivors do then killers like nurse, spirit or even doctor are far superior in chase then deathslinger is. Adapting to deathslinger's chase mechanics is hard, that's why people want him nerfed to make it easier for them.

    Alright so let's play a custom and show me that counterplay. All the "reads" they did was you missing. The survivors have no input when it comes to slinger it's all on the killer.

  • You arent a huge fan of scott because he like one of my friends is one of the only killer main who takes survivors fun into consideration its downright disgusting that people are ok with this killer.

  • @sulaiman said:

    please only talk about yourself. For me, running round in circles is not "the only fun part" of the game. I prefer the hide-and-seek part. There is more than one way to play the game, even if you dont like the other ways.

    Yeah but not everyone likes sitting in a Bush that's boring and the majority of the community likes the chase. And like I said I dont want to sit and be stealthy I want to play.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561492#Comment_1561492

    If you change his 1v1 he is nerfed. That's just fact. He is probably the only killer that if you change one thing about him he is now clown tier.

    You're also changing an entire killer not because they're too weak, but that you don't like them. With no consideration of the fact that people play and main slinger like me.

    Also slinger is actually quite good, id put him just above billy.

    So I did guess correctly slinger main witn an obvious bias even though he has no way to counterplay.

  • I agree, outplaying should always be possible and deathslinger does need a buff. Like I've said, opportunities to outplay the killer are what make survivor exciting and it's terrible to take that away. To those of you saying "killers have too many counters! Survivor is a cakewalk", killers having the ability to be outplayed doesn't necessarily make them weaker. In fact aspects of their power that have room for skill based interactions, like Billy's saw and Oni's mallet are often considered the strongest aspect of a killer.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561114#Comment_1561114

    Alright so let's play a custom and show me that counterplay. All the "reads" they did was you missing. The survivors have no input when it comes to slinger it's all on the killer.

    All the "reads" you do vs nurse is only her missing. I already know that you don't care about current counterplay and dismiss it as "unfair guesses" so I won't bother discussing anything with you on this topic.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561856#Comment_1561856

    All the "reads" you do vs nurse is only her missing. I already know that you don't care about current counterplay and dismiss it as "unfair guesses" so I won't bother discussing anything with you on this topic.

    No with nurse you can always lose los use your camera to see where theh aim then run accordingly. Your input actually makes nurse job harder and you can win chases.

    I wont dismiss counterplay if you show me. Would you like to play a custom and provrnyour claim or keep saying things you cant back up?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561969#Comment_1561969

    No with nurse you can always lose los use your camera to see where theh aim then run accordingly. Your input actually makes nurse job harder and you can win chases.

    I wont dismiss counterplay if you show me. Would you like to play a custom and provrnyour claim or keep saying things you cant back up?

    You only see the direction she'll blink, not the exact spot. Thanks for supporting my claim that your imput only makes her job harder but overall it's still on her if she predicts you correctly and god nurse will never miss you no matter what you do or where you are, right.

    You will dismiss it as "DS missing" so there's no point in wasting time on that.

  • I mean you are right Deathslinger doesn't really have counterplay in a 1v1. You just have to think of it like that: Is that even something bad?

    This game is a 1v4 game, so the one killer should be equal as strong as all 4 survivors together. And that also means that a survivor should bot be able to 1v1 the killer. And these killers are just doing exactly that, you cant 1v1 them. But if all survivors work together and work on gens and try to waste as much time as possible, than Deathslinger is just a weak killer and I think he shouldn't get changed. For example other killers like clown are easily to 1v1, they are just M1 killers, the only thing that clown can do is make survivors drop pallets early. With his bottles survivors often have to early drop pallets.

    At the same time I can totally understand that its just no fun at all to play against Deathslinger, many times you die to him even tho he isn't really better than you. Even I hate Deathslinger and I never play him because of that, as a survivor I even just DC sometimes. I ratherly play against Spirit than Deathslinger.

    But I mean should he really get changes? Think about it. It's not the killers job to make you have fun, the killer is not suppost to be your day care. I just don't think he should get changes or anything like that, they could nerf his 1v1 to give survivors some more counterplay against it. But than they should also buff his map presure if they should change something.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561978#Comment_1561978

    You only see the direction she'll blink, not the exact spot. Thanks for supporting my claim that your imput only makes her job harder but overall it's still on her if she predicts you correctly and god nurse will never miss you no matter what you do or where you are, right.

    You will dismiss it as "DS missing" so there's no point in wasting time on that.

    You dont know the exact spot but you can make an accurate guess to hoe far shes blinking by how long she holds it. But overall you can outplay her by using her power against her. Unlike slinger your input doesnt make is job harder nor can you counter him.

    A god nurse can still miss. I played tur jaynif you know him people claim hes a good nurse I still outplayed him I see the direction he blinks I go the opposite way. You cant do that with slinger.

    I'm gonna play slinger you would be survivor so you can show me the counterplay. It's funny how you are so bent on not doing the 1v1 because you know your skills dont back up your claim of slingers counterplay.

    So either take up my offer or stop claiming he has counterplay it only proves you cant back it up.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561978#Comment_1561978

    You've just described the counterplay to Deathslinger, congratulations.

    Yeah but I also said general counter though los breaking works for every killer nurse it's just really good with and also you can see where they blink you have information to work on but unlike slinger its insta shoot.

  • @mostlyghostly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561213#Comment_1561213

    Your counters require the DS player to make a mistake. If a DS always shoots or always fakes, then he's not playing well

    And if they are playing well, shouldn't they be rewarded for it?

‹ 1 2