Spirit's Power Tweaks

First I want to say that I main spirit. Solely because I love Japanese horror and regardless of her strength or how the community saw her I was set on maining Spirit since her announcement. I will also say that she is too strong still and to easy to learn so I've come up with some changes to Spirit in order to make her ability less unpredictable for survivors.

Initially my thought was to have Spirit's husk glow ominously when she is actually phasing. Though thats a small part of the annoyance going against her. Its that you dont know how to play against her while she is phasing. So then I though about Spirit leaving afterimages at certain intervals during her phasing kinda like spirits passive phasing. After every lets say 2 seconds of phasing Spirit's husk will move to wherever her current location is. That way if she is cutting you off or trailing you it would be a bit more obvious.

I would like to hear anyone else's thoughts on possible Spirit tweaks.

Edit: Seeing the comments it seems that too many people are here under the notion that she is either absolutely fine the way she is and even was or she is fairly easy to evade. If you are going to comment please watch the videos below so you can be a bit more educated on the issue I am raising here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMRKm7Jz-08&t=10s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZyG29POXJw


Comments

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527149#Comment_1527149

    I play both sides equally but I don't really play as her. The vault animation wasn't hard to figure out if she was vaulting or not. And sure maybe the collision was a needed change but like I said not much else was needed. Her addons that were changed were about it. How can you assume a bias???? Yes she's strong very strong at that, but killers are truly meant to make things difficult. Are you expecting to run every killer for a very long time??? All you need to do is get in their head they are human just like you and can be counter played. You figure her out and use her weaknesses against her. Whether it be tracking or her trying to predict you. its 50/50 but there is still counter play out there. The goal is to stay up as long as possible because eventually you're going to get caught right? You cannot be predictable. The original ways of reading killers isnt going to work on her. focus on her stain not her.

    I am absolutely allowed to assume something given your previous comment and the comment you quoted. Its very reasonable to assume you favour the killer side from that post. You can say you dont and that is fine I wont press that matter.

    "All you need to do is get in their head they are human just like you and can be counter played."

    hoowwwww this doesnt make sense are we talking about the same killer here? Spirit? get in her head? Spirit?

    I could also just say you are right about all the counter plays you just mentioned. Though nothing you said wouldn't still be true if her husk glowed or her husk marked her location at certain intervals. I never wrote that there are no counterplays to Spirit and I also never wrote anything about her not being able to lose a match. Im merely asking for a tell during a chase forget everything else please and I mean if you liked Spirit back when she was a lot stronger then great.

  • @sekkima said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1525947#Comment_1525947

    And why should I give up a really good loop just because she stands still?

    So you don't get hit.

  • Anyway, they will almost certainly receive another nerf and you know it 🤷‍♀️

  • @sekkima said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527586#Comment_1527586

    Anyway, they will almost certainly receive another nerf and you know it 🤷‍♀️

    Only nerf spirit will see may be another look at her addons. I don't think they will nerf her basekit.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1528154#Comment_1528154

    Only nerf spirit will see may be another look at her addons. I don't think they will nerf her basekit.

    Knowing the devs they probably wont listen to the complaints that many people really want which is a better way to evade her during a chase. It'll just be a random surprise thing that no one asked for.

  • @behave_pt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527205#Comment_1527205

    I am absolutely allowed to assume something given your previous comment and the comment you quoted. Its very reasonable to assume you favour the killer side from that post. You can say you dont and that is fine I wont press that matter.

    "All you need to do is get in their head they are human just like you and can be counter played."

    hoowwwww this doesnt make sense are we talking about the same killer here? Spirit? get in her head? Spirit?

    I could also just say you are right about all the counter plays you just mentioned. Though nothing you said wouldn't still be true if her husk glowed or her husk marked her location at certain intervals. I never wrote that there are no counterplays to Spirit and I also never wrote anything about her not being able to lose a match. Im merely asking for a tell during a chase forget everything else please and I mean if you liked Spirit back when she was a lot stronger then great.

    There are def things you can do to counter her and i wont sit here and argue with someone who obv already has their mind made up. If you are unclear if she is phasing or not at a pallet bounce to the next tile. If you know for a fact she is phasing do things she isn't expecting. Pulling the pallet on the front side instead of going through it. Fast vault then immediately slow vault back through. There are other ways but those are quick ones.

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527383#Comment_1527383

    There are def things you can do to counter her and i wont sit here and argue with someone who obv already has their mind made up. If you are unclear if she is phasing or not at a pallet bounce to the next tile. If you know for a fact she is phasing do things she isn't expecting. Pulling the pallet on the front side instead of going through it. Fast vault then immediately slow vault back through. There are other ways but those are quick ones.

    I decided to look up videos by trusted veteran players of dbd because so far everything I said has been mostly what I have deciphered from this issue. Turns out for the most part my views align with their thoughts on the subject.

    "There are def things you can do to counter her and i wont sit here and argue with someone who obv already has their mind made up."

    ok...... but this is me:

    "I never wrote that there are no counterplays to Spirit and I also never wrote anything about her not being able to lose a match."

    There is no argument here because I havent taken the opposing side to what you have been saying. I will say you cant necessarily "counter" the Spirit with what you suggested those are merely things survivors do to trick her. I will also point out that these scenarios do not guarantee anything. Im curious to know how many hours you have in the game and which role do you play the most as well as average rank.

  • @behave_pt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1531883#Comment_1531883

    I decided to look up videos by trusted veteran players of dbd because so far everything I said has been mostly what I have deciphered from this issue. Turns out for the most part my views align with their thoughts on the subject.

    "There are def things you can do to counter her and i wont sit here and argue with someone who obv already has their mind made up."

    ok...... but this is me:

    "I never wrote that there are no counterplays to Spirit and I also never wrote anything about her not being able to lose a match."

    There is no argument here because I havent taken the opposing side to what you have been saying. I will say you cant necessarily "counter" the Spirit with what you suggested those are merely things survivors do to trick her. I will also point out that these scenarios do not guarantee anything. Im curious to know how many hours you have in the game and which role do you play the most as well as average rank.

    I have over 7k hours rank one on both sides. So what is your argument then?? Trick her out play her counter play her all the same to me. Yes there are spirits where it feels almost impossible to beat but you can figure out their faults and use them against her. I play rank one spirits ALL the time and escape and pip against them. I just honestly think she just needed a few tweaks to her addons and of course ill agree with you on the collision factor but all in all I do enjoy playing against a good spirit.

  • Spirit does not need any base kit changes; however, her movement speed add ons are way too strong, and need to be changed.

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1535642#Comment_1535642

    I have over 7k hours rank one on both sides. So what is your argument then?? Trick her out play her counter play her all the same to me. Yes there are spirits where it feels almost impossible to beat but you can figure out their faults and use them against her. I play rank one spirits ALL the time and escape and pip against them. I just honestly think she just needed a few tweaks to her addons and of course ill agree with you on the collision factor but all in all I do enjoy playing against a good spirit.

    Dont worry everything I said was cordial. Though you must understand, you have the potential to last as long in a chase against a spirit as a rank 15 survivor more often than not. Thats simply not good game design. You also have to understand that you are missing my overall point which is the chase. If you survive against the spirit good for you but you arent telling me you are consistently looping Spirits with your methods. If your argument just boils down to you like her now then that should not change with my tweaks. I feel an inevitable Spirit rework anyways and I doubt im going to find you in the discussions saying how you are going to quit the game after 7k hours because of the Spirit changes. lxl

  • @SquillDBD said:

    Spirit does not need any base kit changes; however, her movement speed add ons are way too strong, and need to be changed.

    fair

  • @behave_pt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536081#Comment_1536081

    Dont worry everything I said was cordial. Though you must understand, you have the potential to last as long in a chase against a spirit as a rank 15 survivor more often than not. Thats simply not good game design. You also have to understand that you are missing my overall point which is the chase. If you survive against the spirit good for you but you arent telling me you are consistently looping Spirits with your methods. If your argument just boils down to you like her now then that should not change with my tweaks. I feel an inevitable Spirit rework anyways and I doubt im going to find you in the discussions saying how you are going to quit the game after 7k hours because of the Spirit changes. lxl

    No I wont stop playing for that. I just don't see a need to change her again. I also feel that a chase should be that hard as a survivor I enjoy the challenge. But no way in hell would let a killer getting nerfed lol. MY views are different from yours and i respect it. I in no way have any ill will against you for you thoughts either. I just honestly love when i out play her as i know she is the queen of mind games.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1519435#Comment_1519435

    Of course!

    To begin, Nurse technically has zero counters (except rushing gens to end the game as fast as possible, and a good Nurse can snowball easily and stop that). There are no perks that actually counter Nurse, unlike Spine Chill and Iron Will to counter Spirit. Dead Hard really isn't even a counter to Nurse, because it only buys you a little bit more time, or none at all (Nurse can wait after a blink and lunge-attack further than Dead Hard's range).

    So, while Nurse can go through pallets, windows AND floors (Saloon, The Game, Hawkins), Spirit already loses in that aspect. She still has to mind windows, pallets, and can't teleport though floors or obstacles. Spirit is also hard-countered by Iron Will, since she mostly relies on hearing to catch Survivors with her power, and Spine Chill also lets you know if Spirit is heading in your direction while she's phasing. And yes, Stridor works well with Spirit, but it still is hard to play against Iron Wills with Stridor.

    Also, Nurse's power only takes 3 seconds per blink to recharge (1.5 seconds with double recharge addons!), while Spirit's power takes a whopping 15 seconds to recharge (and if I calculated correctly, it can only be lowered to 10.7 seconds with double recharge addons). Also, Spirit's power can only be used once the meter is full, while Nurse doesn't have to have both blinks ready to use her power.

    And finally, map pressure. Nurse is a 3.85 speed Killer, but can take range + recharge speed addons to help her traverse maps more efficiently (I myself don't use range addons but I can see how they would help), while Spirit is a 4.4 speed Killer with a power that can help her traverse the map, but takes forever to recharge... unlike Nurse's blinks. Not to mention that Spirit's power gives audio cues throughout her phasing, letting you know how close she is to you. Nurse does give audio cues when she blinks, but it doesn't matter too much when she just blinks on top of your location. Plus, Nurse always has vision when using her power, and Spirit does not.

    The reason that people say Nurse is not as powerful as Spirit is because most Nurse players are bad. The times that I've played against good Nurses have been brutal, and they wipe my entire team in minutes. I played against a red rank Nurse on Fractured Cowshed who decimated my team with ease, using a recharge addon and range addon, and all of the tricks that people claim to work had no effect. Run towards her? She'd just cut the blink short and hit you anyway. Make distance? She'd use one blink for positioning and then the second blink to land on top of you. There was no counterplay possible. I also played against a decent Nurse on the Chapel, and even though she wasn't great at Nurse, she was using double recharge addons and was able to catch you just by spam blinking.

    As I said before, I'm a red rank Nurse main and I actually play Nurse just to have an easy game, because Survivors really can't do anything when you use Nurse's blinks properly. I used to pick Nurse against SWF teams just so I couldn't be bullied! I've also played quite a bit of Spirit in red rank, and, honestly, the only reason that Survivors die so easily to Spirit is because they're extremely predictable. They don't use structures and windows, they run out in the open for no reason, and they don't even try to mindgame when Spirit is using her power. I think that if more people would actually dedicate the time to learning how to play against a Spirit, they would have better games against her.

    I would also like to mention that you can hear Spirit's footsteps while she's phasing, and they're loud as heck... 😛

    Sorry for the wall of text, but I really did want to elaborate as to how Spirit has more counterplay!

    Nurse does have counterplay. However, if you are facing a really good nurse, you must be a really good survivor to be able to stand a chance. Which makes sense doesn't it ? In order to beat a high skill level player you are supposed to be one, or am i speaking nonse here?

    Imo she is the best killer-survivor we have so far. She is extremely difficult to play to this level, i'm even thinking you haven't face this kind of nurse so far.

    To be able to make accurate blink predictions when LOS is lost (which is what separates a god nurse from a superb) you don't only require to play her to a close to perfect level but yet also understand a lot how survivors think and act under certain situations. And even then, if you face someone that understands nurse to this level you can still get juked. So it is an endless situation where the better player comes on top. Chances are if you struggle against a nurse either she is better than you, or you are not that good. I already stated that to play nurse to this level is actually really difficult, so to be able to counter her should be as difficult as well. Which is fine, youshouldn'tt be able to beat better players than you.

    Spirit on the other side, might need some tweaks but not nerfs, and she can still be countered. Most survivors don't bother playing killer to a high level, so it makes sense they don't understand how to play around these killers (which are the only ones that allow someone to outplay you, the others are just a chase simulator honestly).

  • Forgot to add, she can still get hurt a lot no matter how good she is by some maps. Those extremely large ones. But i think no killer actually stands a chance in these maps. At least not against good organized teams. Chances are these maps will get tweaked however (hopefully)

  • @konchok said:

    I main her as well and while I love her, I think she needs some tweaks.

    Mother Daughter rings down side should be that she can't hear sounds while phasing. That would be a justified downside to a mega 75 percent increase in speed while phasing.

    She should have louder footsteps while phasing. Her footsteps are currently one of the ways that good survivors track a phasing spirit. This should be easier for all survivors.

    And really that's it. The louder footsteps would give perceptive survivors exactly what they need to be able to counter her.

    I actually really like this idea

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1519639#Comment_1519639

    This. I play nurse just bc I like going against her and assume other people do too. I usually feel guilty for playing her like I used to tho- infectious slugging and one hook everyone to death. Now I just use recharge and wooden horse.(for some reason my weapon loves trees lmao) but yeah, a good nurse has no counterplay, and that's ok. Shes the hardest killer to play and she absolutely SHOULD be the strongest. I say spirits the second strongest, but that isn't ok. She isnt hard to learn at all. I don't think thats very fair.

    When I go against a good nurse I don't get angry about it because I know that they deserved the kill because they put time and effort into learning her and are reaping the rewards. But to as Spirit all they really need is <10 games as her and stridor. And outplaying spirit isn't rewarding compared to outplaying good nurses.

  • @BingBongBoi_69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1524739#Comment_1524739

    When I go against a good nurse I don't get angry about it because I know that they deserved the kill because they put time and effort into learning her and are reaping the rewards. But to as Spirit all they really need is <10 games as her and stridor. And outplaying spirit isn't rewarding compared to outplaying good nurses.

    Exactly this.

1 2 ›