Decisive strike need a weakness

Survivors use decisive strike to repair when they are rescued from the hook it seems to me an abuse for this reason my proposal to add a small inconvenience if the survivor decides repair a gen.


After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and usable for 40/50/60 seconds.

While Decisive Strike is active, when grabbed by the Killer, succeed a Skill Check Skill Check}} to automatically escape the Killer's grasp and stun them for 5 seconds.

Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike.Successfully stunning the Killer will result in you becoming the Obsession.

Repair a generator disables Decisive strike automatically for the next 60 seconds.

Increases the odds of being the Obsession.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

Comments

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Decisive_Strike

    Here is it the wiki.

    And actually yes, this piece of text says: "Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike".

    But it doesn't say something like for the whole game.

    I'm not a main survivor so I don't know this for sure, but I remember that I tried the perk once they changed it, and I kinda thing I used it twice tho, once per unhook.

    It will be nice if somebody can confirm me this please.

    If you DON'T press the skill check button at all and let the skill check "expire" your DS is saved. Basically if you decide to use it, and hit the skill check, or miss the skill check, that's it.. If you "save it for later" you can use it next time when you meet the conditions.


    On a side note here's a spreadsheet of survivor perk usage from about 270 games at red ranks.

    https://imgur.com/zr1U4jM

    DS was used in 87% of matches.

  • @Buttercake said:

    Weakness is failing the check.

    Not even. Anyone over 10 hours isn't going to fail the DS skill check.

  • The 3 changes I really want to see are not working if you're taken out of a locker, deactivating if you recover from the dying state by yourself, and deactivating if EGC starts

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    It had weaknesses. Long ago before the Obsession mechanic was changed:

    - The skill check was smaller (Overcharge Lv 3)

    - DS was affected by Unnerving Presence and Enduring

    - You risked getting tunneled because of DL or remember me.

    -The killer could also juggle you.

    Since these were changed,... Well.

    i don't miss juggling.

  • it was my last point.

    Edit: I was brain afk. Sorry I was thinking of something else. I don't miss it either.

  • @TreSen said:

    The 3 changes I really want to see are not working if you're taken out of a locker, deactivating if you recover from the dying state by yourself, and deactivating if EGC starts

    1. Only in combination with a Mori nerf. DS out of the locker is the only chance not to get intantly tunnel moried. And Tunnel Moris are pure cancer.
    2. I don't use Unbreakable anyways, so I'm fine with that.
    3. I can understand where this comes from, but I am not a fan of that. If the exit is on the other side of the map, you won't get out without DS. I could imagine more players leaving someone behind once EGC starts, because it could be too riky to get the person out without DS. Even if you use BT. Think of Azarov's Resting Place, when both exits are on the far side of the map....
  • @sad_killer_main said:

    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Decisive_Strike

    Here is it the wiki.

    And actually yes, this piece of text says: "Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike".

    But it doesn't say something like for the whole game.

    I'm not a main survivor so I don't know this for sure, but I remember that I tried the perk once they changed it, and I kinda thing I used it twice tho, once per unhook.

    It will be nice if somebody can confirm me this please.

    It is only ONCE per match. You Do or you Don't.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1537516#Comment_1537516

    it was my last point.

    Edit: I was brain afk. Sorry I was thinking of something else. I don't miss it either.

    lol it's ok.

  • Oh yeah ... Let's totally nerf a perk that gives survivors a chance to NOT BE TUNNELLED.

    If DS was changed and killers were free to IMMEDIATELY re-hook survivors without any consequence, the game would surely lose players.

    I know I wouldn't play if I were tunnelled out of the game every single match with nothing I can do LOL not everyone is a god at looping

  • @Folklore said:

    DS need a buff if anything. Killers need to stop trying to crap on good survivor perks just because they want to win. If DS deserves a nerf then so does BBQ, or Noed.

    image.png


  • @IamDwight said:

    Oh yeah ... Let's totally nerf a perk that gives survivors a chance to NOT BE TUNNELLED.

    If DS was changed and killers were free to IMMEDIATELY re-hook survivors without any consequence, the game would surely lose players.

    I know I wouldn't play if I were tunnelled out of the game every single match with nothing I can do LOL not everyone is a god at looping

    At least I would play more killer, especially when they finally get the MMR to work properly.

    Or I would bring in more keys.

  • No reason to really nerf DS honestly, a lot of new survivors still need a way to escape when they get caught quickly and those ranks are where it's mostly used.

  • @pandorayr said:

    Survivors use decisive strike to repair when they are rescued from the hook it seems to me an abuse for this reason my proposal to add a small inconvenience if the survivor decides repair a gen.

    After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and usable for 40/50/60 seconds.

    While Decisive Strike is active, when grabbed by the Killer, succeed a Skill Check Skill Check}} to automatically escape the Killer's grasp and stun them for 5 seconds.

    Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike.Successfully stunning the Killer will result in you becoming the Obsession.

    Repair a generator disables Decisive strike automatically for the next 60 seconds.

    Increases the odds of being the Obsession.

    The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

    Decisive Strike has a weakness; If I don't get found, downed and picked up by the killer within 60 seconds of the unhook then I've wasted one of my four perk slots for nothing in return. Not tunneling or slugging is the counter and has always been the counter, and even then, slugging still creates pressure that benefits the killer.

    This is why high-rank killer streamers are very nonchalant about DS; They know it's out there, they've adapted their game to suit it... It's a lot like NoED in that sense, in that it requires a different play style from survivors and yet people piss and moan about it all the time.

  • @ChirpingCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/179499/decisive-strike-need-a-weakness

    Decisive Strike has a weakness; If I don't get found, downed and picked up by the killer within 60 seconds of the unhook then I've wasted one of my four perk slots for nothing in return. Not tunneling or slugging is the counter and has always been the counter, and even then, slugging still creates pressure that benefits the killer.

    This is why high-rank killer streamers are very nonchalant about DS; They know it's out there, they've adapted their game to suit it... It's a lot like NoED in that sense, in that it requires a different play style from survivors and yet people piss and moan about it all the time.

    Yeah, you love to see how high-rank killer streamers say nice things about people that jump into lockers. Totally adapted and absolutely fine about it. Should note that none of those streamers also use NoED, as well as majority of high-rank non-streamers.

  • @Buttercake said:

    Weakness is failing the check.

    not hard to land it...

  • i still cant understand that if you unhook yourself and you can use ds, literally if theres one surv left and they unhook next to gate and get downed again, ds literally lets them get away and i cant do anything about it. tell me how that isnt broken?

  • If only BHVR would see that the majority of players complain about this perk.

    Why do forums even exist?

  • @pandorayr said:

    Survivors use decisive strike to repair when they are rescued from the hook it seems to me an abuse for this reason my proposal to add a small inconvenience if the survivor decides repair a gen.

    After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and usable for 40/50/60 seconds.

    While Decisive Strike is active, when grabbed by the Killer, succeed a Skill Check Skill Check}} to automatically escape the Killer's grasp and stun them for 5 seconds.

    Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike.Successfully stunning the Killer will result in you becoming the Obsession.

    Repair a generator disables Decisive strike automatically for the next 60 seconds.

    Increases the odds of being the Obsession.

    The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

    Also a Mori is another weakness

  • @MegHasCuteFeet said:

    If only BHVR would see that the majority of players complain about this perk.

    Why do forums even exist?

    Are you sure it's a majority and not just a few whiners? To be fair if bhvr looked at all these complaints seriously... Well if it was me in charge I'd shut the servers down and call it balanced

  • @DougDimmaDomed said:

    i still cant understand that if you unhook yourself and you can use ds, literally if theres one surv left and they unhook next to gate and get downed again, ds literally lets them get away and i cant do anything about it. tell me how that isnt broken?

    Since nobody addressed this... you do know it's literally impossible for there to be 1 survivor left on the hook, right? So there is no way for a survivor to escape the hook if they are the last.

  • This change is stupid, it's the equivalent of giving killer a perk that is disabled whenever a killer chases and injures a survivor.

    DS has been nerfed plenty of times, survivor perks help survivors survive just like killer perks help killers kill, the perk is fine.

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Decisive_Strike

    Here is it the wiki.

    And actually yes, this piece of text says: "Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike".

    But it doesn't say something like for the whole game.

    I'm not a main survivor so I don't know this for sure, but I remember that I tried the perk once they changed it, and I kinda thing I used it twice tho, once per unhook.

    It will be nice if somebody can confirm me this please.

    You can only use the perk once, if you don't attempt to hit the skillcheck the perk won't be consumed but the moment you actually use it or fail the SC it's disabled for the whole match.

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1535647#Comment_1535647

    If you DON'T press the skill check button at all and let the skill check "expire" your DS is saved. Basically if you decide to use it, and hit the skill check, or miss the skill check, that's it.. If you "save it for later" you can use it next time when you meet the conditions.

    On a side note here's a spreadsheet of survivor perk usage from about 270 games at red ranks.

    https://imgur.com/zr1U4jM

    DS was used in 87% of matches.

    Those numbers are wrong, here's the official statistics of most used perks.

    T8VE1J9V3G07.jpg 2YVQMEWUS0KN.jpg


  • @jzinsky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1557742#Comment_1557742

    Are you sure it's a majority and not just a few whiners? To be fair if bhvr looked at all these complaints seriously... Well if it was me in charge I'd shut the servers down and call it balanced

    There's 40k players in DBD and about 2 dozen in the forums that complain about it, they're not the majority. They most likely ate a stun then go to the forums and have a cry.

  • @Folklore said:

    DS need a buff if anything. Killers need to stop trying to crap on good survivor perks just because they want to win. If DS deserves a nerf then so does BBQ, or Noed.

    I agree with that, there are so many strong killer perks and add ons that survivors have to deal with, and Killers want to nerf one of the few good survivor perks. It's a bit hypocritical, they're all for complaining about DS or BT, but BBQ, NOED, Iridescent Head, Moris, etc, we don't talk about that.

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/179499/decisive-strike-need-a-weakness

    Wow. Tbh, your idea sucks. DS is supposed to protect survivors from tunneling killers. Lowkey this is just a post making it so you can tunnel. If survivor repairs after getting unhooked, who cares. That's what they need to do to get their objective complete. It's not fair that you wanna take away the only protection we have from tunneling killers. And for the record, if you run back to the hook because they got unhooked, you are a tunneling because you are going back after the person you hooked. DS does not need to deactivate when jumping on a gen. If repairing does stop the progress of DS, then that's the only thing that needs to change. Deactivating is just an excuse to get your tunnel kill.

    I think I got an aneurysm from "And for the record, if you run back to the hook because they got unhooked, you are a tunneling"....

    No it is not.

    "Tunneling" (as stupid and piss-baby of a term as it is) would be if you ran back to that hook and THEN proceeded to immediately chase the unhooked victim, completely ignore ample opportunities to pursue another viable Survivor in the vicinity.

    It isn't just 'boo hoo i got chased down again and the killer didn't stay on the other side of the map while I self-cared back up'. And "for the record", it also isn't tunneling if you get unhooked and the killer makes it back and you are the only Survivor left in the area -- you didn't get out of the area and you are now the only viable target within their vicinity. You are not being 'tunneled' in that case.

    You want a DS true weakness though: disable the use of self-care while DS is active - you should be focusing on getting away from and staying away from the killer after all; which would mean you are not being "tunneled". Continue to tick DS duration while Survivors work on generators; disable completely if they are part of a repair that completes a generator. That way the perk stays purely an anti-"tunneling" perk and isn't just another in the Survivor's toolbox of many second chance perks.

  • What happes if they are hooked during the deactivation part do they lose it completely or does it just reset we gotta be 100% clear on our thoughts to perk changes its like making a wish to a genie one slight miswording and these devs make it op.

1 2 3 4 ›