How’s the MM system going for you guys?

Just had my first match, seems pretty decent.


UPDATE:


Match 1: Trapper - Rage Quit with 3 gens left; All Red Ranks.

Match 2: Clown - Rage Quit with 4 gens left;

D89DF076-3FD4-48AD-AEE4-E8A112F1075A.jpeg


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • So trash, just look at this https://prnt.sc/ttbhww Unplayable, he is still a red rank killer, they made it worse

  • Terrible. I played like 5 matches and all of the teammates I got were clearly new to the game and the killer was actually good in 2 matches only.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @JerFIL said:

    So trash, just look at this https://prnt.sc/ttbhww Unplayable, he is still a red rank killer, they made it worse

    Holy sh**.


    @arslaN said:

    Terrible. I played like 5 matches and all of the teammates I got were clearly new to the game and the killer was actually good in 2 matches only.

    Are you Red rank?

  • 4 matches on survivor where I had a total of 3 teammates that weren’t allergic to gens. Holy $#!7 Batman this is hot garbage. I’m rank 5 btw

  • I'm a rank 1 Doctor main and I faced a rank 17, rank 19, rank 6 and a rank 8. They all had below 300 hours, with the rank 19 having 30. I haven't seen Survivor yet but I doubt it'd be much better.

  • @DwightsBrokenArm said:

    I have never seen so many rainbow tallyscreen in the past few matches than anytime before. It's trash, as expected.

    My first match was all Red ranks. I’m loading into my second now. I shall see if it gets colorful for me.

  • I'm questioning if it even exists at this point. From my understanding, it was 'tracking' us long before it got activated live, so killers were at some kind of skill already for matching. So, my thinking was, I've never touched Nurse once in my playtime, so why not use this to practice her at last and finally learn her since I've always wanted to, but being placed against Red ranks over and over wasn't a option. So taking that into account, my Nurse should be 0 skill matching newbies. Now, before that's taken from context, I've not used her, so I'm essentially a newb myself with her. But no. 4 matches, all mega coordinated gen slammers, healing within 10 seconds of being hit. So yeah, seems 'Skill based MM' works great so far!

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I'm questioning if it even exists at this point. From my understanding, it was 'tracking' us long before it got activated live, so killers were at some kind of skill already for matching. So, my thinking was, I've never touched Nurse once in my playtime, so why not use this to practice her at last and finally learn her since I've always wanted to, but being placed against Red ranks over and over wasn't a option. So taking that into account, my Nurse should be 0 skill matching newbies. Now, before that's taken from context, I've not used her, so I'm essentially a newb myself with her. But no. 4 matches, all mega coordinated gen slammers, healing within 10 seconds of being hit. So yeah, seems 'Skill based MM' works great so far!

    dedicated servers, sounds, hit detection, auras, anti-cheat, nurse bugs, cosmetics bugs, vaulting, pallet stuns, hits through pallets, the list goes on and on. These devs can’t fix the simplistic of things and to think they can develop an MMR system for a non-static rng based game..... please. This will fail like everything else. They have to hire some competent coders first

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I'm questioning if it even exists at this point. From my understanding, it was 'tracking' us long before it got activated live, so killers were at some kind of skill already for matching. So, my thinking was, I've never touched Nurse once in my playtime, so why not use this to practice her at last and finally learn her since I've always wanted to, but being placed against Red ranks over and over wasn't a option. So taking that into account, my Nurse should be 0 skill matching newbies. Now, before that's taken from context, I've not used her, so I'm essentially a newb myself with her. But no. 4 matches, all mega coordinated gen slammers, healing within 10 seconds of being hit. So yeah, seems 'Skill based MM' works great so far!

    From my understanding of what I was told by a friend, the system is supposed to start reading and coordinating your skill after the MM update was released. I don’t think it takes your previous numbers and adds it. Therefore, I don’t understand why you’re getting matched with Red ranks you/super high skilled Survivors if you’ve never played with nurse or don’t have the highest skill with her.


    Its confusing.

  • Everyone saying it's trash after 5 matches when dev said it takes at least 10 to balance your rating... Good job!

  • @jisp3r said:

    Everyone saying it's trash after 5 matches when dev said it takes at least 10 to balance your rating... Good job!

    Where did they say that exactly? Please send a link.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I'm questioning if it even exists at this point. From my understanding, it was 'tracking' us long before it got activated live, so killers were at some kind of skill already for matching. So, my thinking was, I've never touched Nurse once in my playtime, so why not use this to practice her at last and finally learn her since I've always wanted to, but being placed against Red ranks over and over wasn't a option. So taking that into account, my Nurse should be 0 skill matching newbies. Now, before that's taken from context, I've not used her, so I'm essentially a newb myself with her. But no. 4 matches, all mega coordinated gen slammers, healing within 10 seconds of being hit. So yeah, seems 'Skill based MM' works great so far!

    Q: For Killer specific MMR: How will ratings work for newly released Killers? (e.g. Do you start from 0, or is it based on your other ratings?)

    Every time you start playing a Killer that you haven’t played before (either because they have just been released, or because you have decided to try something new to you), your rating with that killer is weighted based off your ratings with other killers. If your Rating is relatively high with your other killers, then your default rating with a new killer will be weighted upwards somewhat. Regardless of where this weighted rating ends up, the system zeros in on a 90%+ accuracy within ~10 matches. The intention is to give you a head start towards playing balanced (and fun!) matches as quickly as possible.

    You don't start at 0 if your other killers are a higher MMR, so that's a thing. I don't think it should be to a point where you, a brand new Nurse, are paired with higher ranks, though. That kind of defeats the purpose of the varying killer rankings in the first place.

  • @jisp3r said:

    Everyone saying it's trash after 5 matches when dev said it takes at least 10 to balance your rating... Good job!

    This is only for new accounts! You need to read the dev's comment again. They said if you have been playing before then it does not start at default and the new MMR system should already be working for you right away (for a lot of players it's not).

    IMG_9053.jpg


  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1506050#Comment_1506050

    Where did they say that exactly? Please send a link.

    @Peanits said:

    Recently, we've asked you for questions about the 4.1.0 update. We've gathered a few of the most upvoted questions and had them answered by the team. We're hoping to update this post with answers to more questions sometime next week.

    Q: Why change the auras?

    The auras were the source of quite a few technical headaches. The rework of the aura system was intended to give our programming teams cleaner code and a more stable aura system. Unfortunately, this had some unintended side effects on visibility. We heard your feedback and are working to improve their visibility. We will have a temporary fix in place shortly as we continue to work on a more permanent solution.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QDX60AP52KH3/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Q: What was the thought process behind the Mother’s Helpers and Black Grease add-ons?

    The thought process behind both add-ons was to have a miniature version of the Hillbilly’s perks, specifically “Enduring” and “Lightborn”. So, we tried giving something to the killer for being stunned or for being blinded/having a flashlight pointing at you.

    We understand that these add-ons weren’t very popular, so we’ll be making changes to both of them (along with many other add-ons) in the next update.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6FU6E577A57S/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Q: Where is the Server Side Hit Validation?

    The server side hit validation was originally planned to be tested out during the PTB. Unfortunately, there was an issue with how servers were selected on the PTB which caused most players to experience high latency, so testing the hit validation on that build would have been counter-productive. We will be running a limited test of the hit validation system on the Live version of the game in the coming weeks in order to gather feedback and data about its performance, with the hope of finalizing the feature in the near future!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Y7W4XR5JR7UR/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Q: You’ve said that you want legendary outfits to have unique animations/sounds. Why doesn’t the Minotaur outfit?

    To clarify, we have only mentioned that we would like to do so in the future.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RR6NXEG9EWWR/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Q: Why does Knock Out require a basic attack now?

    There were a few killers/builds on which knock out could be particularly powerful. To mitigate that, we’ve made it basic attacks only. We’ll be monitoring the perk to see how it performs.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LAU4R21G9XV8/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Q: Why is the game freezing every 10 seconds?

    There was an issue in the most recent update which caused a hitch whenever the friends system would attempt to sync. For the time being, we have greatly increased the amount of time between syncs to prevent these hitches from happening as we work on implementing permanent solution. This temporary fix is already in effect and does not require a game update. In the meantime, you can force your friends to list to update by restarting the game.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/49TJ6REWV3IK/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    Q: For Killer specific MMR: How will ratings work for newly released Killers? (e.g. Do you start from 0, or is it based on your other ratings?)

    Every time you start playing a Killer that you haven’t played before (either because they have just been released, or because you have decided to try something new to you), your rating with that killer is weighted based off your ratings with other killers. If your Rating is relatively high with your other killers, then your default rating with a new killer will be weighted upwards somewhat. Regardless of where this weighted rating ends up, the system zeros in on a 90%+ accuracy within ~10 matches. The intention is to give you a head start towards playing balanced (and fun!) matches as quickly as possible.

    Last topic

  • It's going to take a few matches before things start to even out. Please don't go by the player ranks in the tally screen because they are not indicative of a players MMR. I can confirm that it should take around 10 matches before it starts to even out and the system will then be able to assess the correct MMR score.

  • @Mandy said:

    It's going to take a few matches before things start to even out. Please don't go by the player ranks in the tally screen because they are not indicative of a players MMR. I can confirm that it should take around 10 matches before it starts to even out and the system will then be able to assess the correct MMR score.

    How high can the MMR get if I may ask? I'm not understanding it

  • @stargazer9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1506050#Comment_1506050

    You need to read the dev's comment again. They said if you have been playing before then it does not start at default and the new MMR system should already be working for you right away (for a lot of players it's not). However for new accounts it takes 10 matches for your MMR to settle.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/52FK3GSISN3K/img-9053.jpg

    He didn't specify for how long they have been collecting data... Also you can't assume every killer plays a lot of matches everyday.. Because a person can be good and be tired of the game and play 2 or 3 matches a day or even less..

  • Thanks, I somehow missed that Q&A entirely and someone told me that the system was calculating our skill before it was activated.

  • I'm rank 4 and just went against a rank 20 trapper with no perks...

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'm rank 4 and just went against a rank 20 trapper with no perks...

    You must be very bad as survivor then KEKW

    just kidding ;)

  • lul.PNG

    It's amazing, I get a rank 17 with 1 perk to go up against a rank 1 nurse with pop. I only survived because of my key.

  • My 1st match was all purple rank survivors vs. rank 19 killer.

  • @Mandy said:

    It's going to take a few matches before things start to even out. Please don't go by the player ranks in the tally screen because they are not indicative of a players MMR. I can confirm that it should take around 10 matches before it starts to even out and the system will then be able to assess the correct MMR score.

    Sorry but you guys have not been clear with us regarding the new MMR system and how it will work. If you see my comment above you will see Almo's response and he said that it will take around 10 matches for NEW accounts only. For old accounts and players who have been playing before it should start working for them as soon as the new MMR system goes live. We don't know what to believe. So far players with over 2000 hours have been playing against new players with less than 50 hours. How does that make sense? Can you please explain?

  • @Snapshot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1506107#Comment_1506107

    You must be very bad as survivor then KEKW

    just kidding ;)

    I was just telling my friend this... either I'm hot garbage, or the rank 20 is a god. Shame he dced and I couldn't see his real potential... can't blame him.

  • @Mandy said:

    It's going to take a few matches before things start to even out. Please don't go by the player ranks in the tally screen because they are not indicative of a players MMR. I can confirm that it should take around 10 matches before it starts to even out and the system will then be able to assess the correct MMR score.

    That’s not true though. I’ve played at least 75-100 games since the 4.1.0 patch on Xbox and the ranks are atrocious.

    You say “ranks in the tally screen are not indicative of players MMR.” However, EVERY single yellow and green rank in my lobbies have had less than 10 days (some even just a few minutes) played and they couldn’t be any better than the rank that they’re currently at.

    So in conclusion I can confidently confirm that MMR is NOT working as intended.

    These are what the average games look like on Xbox to a 5000 hour gamer with over 12,000 kills. I have piles upon piles of screenshots like this over the past weeks by the way.

    00145F70-E8E9-431A-82F8-E8B37BCC20AE.jpeg


  • It's cool, but I can't play the game, because I have a problems with my net 😔

  • Constantly losing pip's today due to MM. Wait 20 mins for a lobby, play against rank 2 when I am rank 15.....real fair........love it.....now I remember why I quit playing.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1505983#Comment_1505983

    From my understanding of what I was told by a friend, the system is supposed to start reading and coordinating your skill after the MM update was released. I don’t think it takes your previous numbers and adds it. Therefore, I don’t understand why you’re getting matched with Red ranks you/super high skilled Survivors if you’ve never played with nurse or don’t have the highest skill with her.

    Its confusing.

    I don't understand it myself. I get Nurse is a tough one to learn, so I was of course making so many obvious mistakes, but it was the fact survivors knew exactly where Gens were, the best loops to use, etc. Seemed a little too high skilled if I was supposed to be matched against a lower skilled team if I've never played Nurse. It's just putting me off learning Nurse all over again honestly.

  • this meant to be better?

  • @DwightsBrokenArm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1506113#Comment_1506113

    #########, play with your food on Nurse? The MMR system probably thought this killer is brain dead lul

    It was a streamer who does viewer requested builds. The guy had like 5,000+ hours or something.

    Pretty much everyone went down in under 15 seconds, my gen gets popped like 3x times in a row and someone suicides on 2nd hook. Then the last guy, who went into the basement, sat there struggling on hook for the full minute while the nurse looked for me even though we had 3 gens left.

    Not the worst match i've ever played, but close. I think ill just stick to killer for a while.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1506088#Comment_1506088

    That’s not true though. I’ve played at least 75-100 games since the 4.1.0 patch on Xbox and the ranks are atrocious.

    You say “ranks in the tally screen are not indicative of players MMR.” However, EVERY single yellow and green rank in my lobbies have had less than 10 days (some even just a few minutes) played and they couldn’t be any better than the rank that they’re currently at.

    So in conclusion I can confidently confirm that MMR is NOT working as intended.

    These are what the average games look like on Xbox to a 5000 hour gamer with over 12,000 kills. I have piles upon piles of screenshots like this over the past weeks by the way.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MCLR115N8J5L/00145f70-e8e9-431a-82f8-e8b37bcc20ae.jpeg

    This is just embarrassing for BHVR.....

  • @Mandy said:

    It's going to take a few matches before things start to even out. Please don't go by the player ranks in the tally screen because they are not indicative of a players MMR. I can confirm that it should take around 10 matches before it starts to even out and the system will then be able to assess the correct MMR score.

    Do Disconnections affect your MMR for a match?

  • No change. Still hillariously borked as hell. my last 3 matches on 3 different killers:

    image.png


  • @Mandy said:

    It's going to take a few matches before things start to even out. Please don't go by the player ranks in the tally screen because they are not indicative of a players MMR. I can confirm that it should take around 10 matches before it starts to even out and the system will then be able to assess the correct MMR score.

    Thanks for the clarification Mandy!

  • Just played Clown for a daily and a rank 2 killer currently.

    I got a rank 16, 8, 7, and 6. The rank 16 D/C after I downed him. The survivors were really bad, not what I am used to that's for sure.

  • mmr.PNG

    Edit: A picture says more than a thousand words.


  • I can not believe it.

    Now the new system is worse.

    The only explanation that I find is that nobody has mmr and you can get together with any player.

  • @C_Frank said:

    I can not believe it.

    Now the new system is worse.

    The only explanation that I find is that nobody has mmr and you can get together with any player.

    That’s what it looks like. Maybe that’s why matchmaking is faster also :\

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    First game, played doc, I play him sometimes when I want BP, had one rank 17 and a console player, I think, he had a "planet" kinda icon near his name, 3Kd and he called me an hacker, apparently I'm recorded now.

    The planet icon is a Microsoft store player.

  • First 3 games were really great /s (just cut out ranks and matche's kills when I played my main killer rank 1, not like they had perks anyway)

    shorter.png

    Killing rank 20s who are supposedly on my level has never been so much fun /s.

    I never thought I'll miss old ranking system so much.

  • It’s just that we don’t know who is right or what to believe. Everything about this new MMR system is vague.


    Mandy says: “It's going to take a few matches before things start to even out. Please don't go by the player ranks in the tally screen because they are not indicative of a players MMR. I can confirm that it should take around 10 matches before it starts to even out and the system will then be able to assess the correct MMR score.”


    Almo said: “I can confirm, your MMR will not start at a default if you've already been playing, since MMR has already been running in the background though it's not been used to create matches. If you have a new account, it will start at a default, and it settles after about 10 games.”

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/177502/when-mmr-starts-will-we-all-be-at-zero/p1


    So as you can see, even the devs aren’t giving accurate info.

  • it's pretty much guaranteed that at least 1 survivor will be at white rank even against the red killer

    it does spice up the game a little for me, but I doubt those new players will have any fun experience

  • are we entering a timeline where ranks were actually preferable?

    btw MMR in a game like dbd omegalul

  • LVL 20 Killer (never play killer and when I do it's for 'fun' / memeing - but new players forget or don't know what 'fun' is so I don't play nice anymore.."

    First lobby was two LVL 9s and two LVL 5s.

    Wat?

    I DCed after being looped flashlighted lopped looped ran ran lopped flash lighted palleted palleted palleted Eff it. It's worse than ever.

‹ 1 2 3