Do you think hatches should be removed?

On paper it sounds like a good idea- allowing the last survivor an easier way out- but way too many times I've killed 3 survivors only for the fourth to instantly use hatch. Some of the few times I've managed to get a 4k forced me to run NOED and mori, which made me feel pretty dirty, and also forced my to camp the hatch which reduced everyone's enjoyment of the match. Maybe it should have a much easier generator which only becomes available when 3 survivor die, or the hatch can be locked by the killer before three survivors die/ escape. What do you think

Comments

  • @Голубой said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481382#Comment_1481382

    Who even cares if someone types "ez"? Lmao ..that's such a babyish thing to rage at. Just like people who get triggered by people who teabag.

    Its just sorta poor sportsmanship. People often forget that the killer is a player too. Just as some killers face camp ruining the fun for one person in particular. I think their point was its frustrating

  • hatch is fine but gen do pop fast.

  • @Chromeskull said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481375#Comment_1481375

    I kinda get what you're saying, but it is still so annoying to succesfully track down and kill 3 survivors, only for one survivor who did nothing but camp the hatch all game to escape.

    You can’t camp the hatch all match. It doesn’t spawn in until late game either way due to how many generators need to be repaired.

    I don’t mind the hatch. Most of the time the killer gets it anyway, and opening doors is slow as hell. Basically once hatch is closed it’s usually game over.

  • I think they should be removed because it robs the killer of having the satisfaction of getting the 4k when they've worked for it by allowing someone to literally get away through either product of chance, or by throwing the game (i.e. hatch-camping, or hatch-tech). It's a feelsbad for the killer, with no alternative mechanism or counter.

  • @Chromeskull said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481375#Comment_1481375

    I kinda get what you're saying, but it is still so annoying to succesfully track down and kill 3 survivors, only for one survivor who did nothing but camp the hatch all game to escape.

    lol track every one down. bbq and no skill

  • I am up for it as long as the basement which is the opposite mechanic for the killers, is removed too

  • @Haku said:

    I am up for it as long as the basement which is the opposite mechanic for the killers, is removed too

    I'll second that.

  • I don't have Leatherface and never use bbq.

  • Can't remember how many times I read that face camper a surv at the end it's ok because you can ensure 1k. But killers think that an opportunity for a 1 surv to escape (and it's probably a kill anyway) it's not ok. Killers are so selfish.

  • Not unless it's replaced with a different mechanic with the same purpose (ending the match and/or kickstarting the inevitable end of the match through EGC).

    @SloppyKnockout said:

    The only change hatch needs is it shouldn't appear, ever, until only one person is left. This would fix keys as well. Two birds, one stone.

    I like this idea. Eliminates the "hatch camping" and makes it entirely luck-based assuming both the survivor and the killer knows where the hatch can spawn. The only issue with it is that the 4-man hatch escape achievement exists and I'm not too sure if achievements/trophies can just be changed or not.

  • Hatches arent a problem at all for me. Maybe they could change that it only appears for the last survivor so camping is impossible but thats as far as I would go.

    Keys are a problem, they ruin matches where you play completely fair and outplay the survivors and then they just 2 or 3 man escape and on the other hand often completely screw over those who arent part of the 3 man swf cause then suddenly the endgame started while you were still trying to do gens and you are alone vs the killer.

    On the other hand I think Mori is just the same, happened way too many times that you get hooked first just to get immediately tunneled after unhook and mori in the face, no chance to ds, nothing, dead after 2 minutes with 3k points. Should imo be removed or changes that you can for example not mori anybody who has been hooked in the last few minutes OR you cant mori anybody who wasnt healed to full health in between, which would also mean survivors can decide between healing and risking a mori or not healing, which would imo be a fun added aspect.

    In the end (for me) the game isnt really that fun on either side atm. As killer you get gen rushed way too many times and it often feels like you didnt even make a mistake but a good survivor can just loop you for long enough so that 3 gens are done when you get the first hook or many survivors will just dc if you get them fast or if you play a killer they dont like which gives you a no win situation of playing against 2 or 3 survivors where you can either farm with them or kill them and get flamed for it. On the other side, especially in red rank, killers are sweating so hard (I think to some degree because getting gen rushed is annoying as hell), 80% of the game you have either mori,a camper or a tunneler. And playing fair as killer often feels unrewarding.

    In the end like I said the hatch isnt the issue that the current dbd meta has, who even cares if you have a 4k or a 3k and the last guy escaped through hatch, you know you won either way. But maybe the killer should be rewarded for a hatch escape, similar to like a dc is handled.

  • @Zephinism said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1482235#Comment_1482235

    You have over 4000 comments on this forum and you think in this current patch, 4.1, gens are faster than ever to complete?

    Penalties for stacking gens were increased.

    Toolboxes were nerfed.

    BNP was nerfed. (Remember when it used to insta complete a gen?)

    I love hyperboles as much as the next guy, but c'mon.

    You are correct, I have over 4000 posts on this forums and have been playing since day 1 and I understand that gens can be completed faster than ever. I'm also speaking on average because the dark days of 4 BNP instantly completing 4 generators are too painful for me to want to recall.

  • @FattiePoobum said:

    There should be 2 hatches

    wait hear me out

    There should be 2 hatches, 1 lets the survivor escape , the other leads the survivor to be hooked in the basement, the survivor dosnt know which is which, so you have a 50/50 chance of escaping.

    This will mean having a key doesn't mean an automatic escape.

    this idea is freaking awesome

  • Yes, and if there's only 1 surv left one of the doors open automatically and the other one last 1 minute.

  • What does that do to you though other than clearly hurt your ego, just ignore and move on...

  • Nope. Hatch is fine. Just get rid of keys.

  • @Chromeskull said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481375#Comment_1481375

    I kinda get what you're saying, but it is still so annoying to succesfully track down and kill 3 survivors, only for one survivor who did nothing but camp the hatch all game to escape.

    Who cares, you don't even need 4k. Play for points, relax and have fun.

  • @Chromeskull said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481392#Comment_1481392

    Its not just that though. Its the fact that a brain dead survivor suddenly thinks they're the best because they camped a hatched, then said you had no skill after you manage to capture and kill him

    And? Who cares as well, let them do them and you do you, stop sweating jesus christ.

  • @Halun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481375#Comment_1481375

    It 100% is competitive lol.

    But still, no. If changes need to be made to balance hatches, so be it. But they don't need to be removed entirely...

    It's only really competitive if you're a try hard. If you only play to have fun and for blood points and your team then it's far from competitive. Especially if you don't cry about the small things like someone typing ez in chat lmfao.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481392#Comment_1481392

    The people who react to tbags are babyish but the ones who tbag arent? Oh boi

    Hmmm, not once in that quoted comment did I see them say the ones who do it aren't...

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481692#Comment_1481692

    Oh boi go reread every of my responds to you.

    I guess i just stop talking to you.

    Omg you sound stupid AF!! What are you 12?...

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481375#Comment_1481375

    the number of time i black pip because the last survivor escape with the hatch is stupid. if i had that single hook i would have pip but because the survivor camp the hatch i lost i know im not the only one those thing happen so when you say theres no harm with the last survivor finding the hatch i cant agree with you

    If you don't get 1 pip and only one survivor escaped by the hatch, you're doing something terrible wrong in your game bro lol.

  • @Snapshot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1482139#Comment_1482139

    Why should one survivor get an additional chance escaping? Isn't that unfair to the killer? Also this would make slugging one survivor and looking for the last unnecessary which is both boring for the survivor slugged AND the killer...

    Because who cares and just play for fun not for sweating 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481382#Comment_1481382

    And you are personally affected by that?

    The alternative is having that survivor hide for an hour because there is no end of the game.

    Stop being hurt by anonymous peoples words on a video game.

    Wow, this comment is extremely insensitive. Telling people to "stop being hurt" won't do anything. Some people like me are more sensitive than others.

  • @Sonrelight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1482073#Comment_1482073

    But... That Already happens, Mr. Dev. I don't expect many of you to understand as you're more Survivor sided then Blizzard favored Alliance back in 2005, so I'll try to explain the best I can as a Killer main

    Listen, whenever there are 2 Survivors left and they KNOW they're outmatched, the morons play hide and seek because they're trash, waiting for the other to die so the one left can just hop down hatch.

    How is that fair at all to punish the Killer for OUTPERFORMING the Survivors, which is his goal?

    Why don't you all add either a countdown timer (if no gens are worked on within 3 mins, the Survivors automatically lose because they're clearly holding the game hostage) or if you wanna be a lil more fair, have Crows hover and FOLLOW survivors that are pressing forward every 30 seconds so they're not declared AFK

    Like really... You guys made a great game, but you keep punishing Killers, who are the harder role to play and master in your game. You keep nerfing our killer powers and our add-ons while Survivors still get to abuse keys and have free escapes out Hatch for playing badly.

    Meanwhile your Killer playbase are dropping like flies because what the hell is the point of playing Killer anymore if all we ever get is punished for outplaying the Survivors?

    I can't even count the amount of 3ks I've gotten where I should have had a 4k, but the last trash Survivor had hatch open up right by them and immediately escape once it's activated.

    Ridiculous and ofc Survivor crybabies are going to rally against this post, but they're in denial regardless because they play the easier role.

    Do you Devs want to have to implement Killer bots and effectively kill your game? Because you're quickly going down that path. Be thankful for 4 years alive in a dog eat dog industry, cause if you all don't change, DBD may not make it to 5.

    Dude who gives a flying f if one survivor escapes, stop being a try hard, if you can't get 4k it doesn't matter, you don't need 4k for a pip and you certainly don't need 4k if you're just playing for bps or fun. It's like killers think if they don't get 4k they suck or failed or something. Calm down and have a shower from all the sweating you do.


    Edit: what easier role? Don't most play both killer and survivor?? Seriously calm the f down, just looking at your huge novel I can tell you're an extreme try hard lol.

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481776#Comment_1481776

    Its easy 1 dc 2 kill themself on first hook the hatch spawn on the last survivor this is a depip its rare but it happen. But in most case i could have pip but because the hatch spawn on the survivor i black pip cause i miss 1 hook or the chase this could give me

    Nothing to do with what the other person was talking about, they said they got 3k and one gets hatch.....

  • @Kabu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481392#Comment_1481392

    Would you feel the same way if someone gave you the middle finger then called you trash or ez in real life? A teabag/ez is meant to be insulting. It's an F U.

    Something to keep in mind is that someone giving you the middle finger might not bother you but it would definitely bother others.

    Exactly so learn to calm down and not take things people say to heart lmao. In real life it's completely different as most ppl are keyboard warriors and wouldn't say crap all to anyone in real life. Also typing ez or git gud is no where near the same thing as giving someone the middle finger. You clearly are a young one who has some growing to do.

  • @Pryometrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481382#Comment_1481382

    What does that do to you though other than clearly hurt your ego, just ignore and move on...

    For the third time..it was a joke.

  • @Chromeskull said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481555#Comment_1481555

    I know killers and survivors can be brain dead, I didn't say it was just survivors

    Just because dbds match making sucks at times doesn't mean someone is braindead, not everyone is a master try hard, some are new, some may even have disibilites who play and it therefore makes things like skill checks or remembering map layouts harder than it is for other players.


    Worry about yourself and not others lack of skill or comments and you'll start having a lot more fun.

  • @Chromeskull said:

    I would like to point out that aside from the title, I am not straight up saying to remove them, or that some people use and deserve them. What I am saying when survivors who do nothing but sit on the hatch until it opens solely for free bloodpoints get a free escape. Maybe survivors who have fixed 2 or more gens or at least participated in chases and saving other survivors will be able to open hatch.

    If a survivor does that though who cares, should make you laugh because you know if they didn't camp the hatch they could have actually pipped and gotten a hell of a lot more bps out of it. Chances are they got less than 7k in bps and they definitely would have depipped.

  • @Pryometrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1482390#Comment_1482390

    Because who cares and just play for fun not for sweating 🤷🏼‍♂️

    all people care about is sweating survivors and killers,killers don't need to 4k every match and all survivor don't need to get out every match more who learn that better this game will be.

  • @PlaysByShady said:

    I think they should be removed because it robs the killer of having the satisfaction of getting the 4k when they've worked for it by allowing someone to literally get away through either product of chance, or by throwing the game (i.e. hatch-camping, or hatch-tech). It's a feelsbad for the killer, with no alternative mechanism or counter.

    Sad when you need 4k to get satisfaction, you can pip and earn a lot of bps without even getting 1k lmao.

  • If you had to explain that 3 times, your skills at telling jokes are atrocious 😁

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1482167#Comment_1482167

    Wow, this comment is extremely insensitive. Telling people to "stop being hurt" won't do anything. Some people like me are more sensitive than others.

    If you get hurt over someone saying ez then you are going to have a very sad and sheltered life my friend 🤷🏼‍♂️.

    If you really are that sensitive then maybe you should turn off the pre-game/post-game chat no?

  • @Pryometrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487190#Comment_1487190

    If you had to explain that 3 times, your skills at telling jokes are atrocious 😁

    Guess so. Thought it was a good one. I agree that the hatch should exist and I see the reason.

  • @Pryometrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487168#Comment_1487168

    If you get hurt over someone saying ez then you are going to have a very sad and sheltered life my friend 🤷🏼‍♂️.

    If you really are that sensitive then maybe you should turn off the pre-game/post-game chat no?

    That's not the point. Telling anyone to just "stop being offended" is rude and insensitive. I don't get offended by EZ.

  • @Zeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487234#Comment_1487234

    Guess so. Thought it was a good one. I agree that the hatch should exist and I see the reason.

    I was being sarcastic that's why I added an emoticon, and to show how texting can be hard to pick up on humour or sarcasm lol.


    I agree with you for sure! 🤜🏻.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487243#Comment_1487243

    That's not the point. Telling anyone to just "stop being offended" is rude and insensitive. I don't get offended by EZ.

    Not when it has to do with a fictional game world. Don't play online games if that's the case. Also don't be the pc police, we have enough of them already. Learn to let things roll of your shoulders and life will be better.


    One can say that to another as a suggestion or a tip without being concidered rude and insensitive.

  • I'd rather remove hatch and let the killer start egc anytime by interacting with the gates

  • I dont think hatch is as bad as people like to think it is. 4/5 times if im the last survivor its hard to find the hatch because killers get the upper hand being able to move around the map faster and they dont have to worry about being seen so they usually find it first. Then trying to open a door you are more than likely to get caught just as the door is about to open especially if your up against a nurse,hillbilly or spirit. I play both survivor and killer equally.

  • @Jhoffmantx said:

    I dont think hatch is as bad as people like to think it is. 4/5 times if im the last survivor its hard to find the hatch because killers get the upper hand being able to move around the map faster and they dont have to worry about being seen so they usually find it first. Then trying to open a door you are more than likely to get caught just as the door is about to open especially if your up against a nurse,hillbilly or spirit. I play both survivor and killer equally.

    Unless you have bills left behind perk 😁 muahahahaha lol


    I do have to agree though, I've clocked 30 hours since I started playing again a few days ago and I've gotten hatch twice, once by a nice killer who took me there and second was after doing 3 generators and 3 or 4 hook saves and heals I was the last one left and just happened to run by hatch while evading the killer 🤷🏼‍♂️.

  • @Pryometrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1484980#Comment_1484980

    Sad when you need 4k to get satisfaction, you can pip and earn a lot of bps without even getting 1k lmao.

    It's sad that you lack the capacity to consider that different people want different things out of the game. Some people don't care about the pips or bps...

  • @PlaysByShady said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487227#Comment_1487227

    It's sad that you lack the capacity to consider that different people want different things out of the game. Some people don't care about the pips or bps...

    Resulting to insults, you really are a kid. Grow up. If you want 4k then get better or stay mad ya try hard lol. Also I get that people do want just kills and not pips and bps, they're called try hards and sweaty people.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1482167#Comment_1482167

    Wow, this comment is extremely insensitive. Telling people to "stop being hurt" won't do anything. Some people like me are more sensitive than others.

    And you assume I'm not?

    Hate to tell ya, but I get tilted super easy for stupid #########, and when I recognize it's happening, ya know what I do? I stop playing, and take a break from it until I can get myself under control and understand a "gg ez" wont ruin my day.

  • @Pryometrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487362#Comment_1487362

    Resulting to insults, you really are a kid. Grow up. If you want 4k then get better or stay mad ya try hard lol. Also I get that people do want just kills and not pips and bps, they're called try hards and sweaty people.

    Wait, wait, wait... firstly, I responded completely in kind to your comment. You projected an unfounded opinion onto me, and I responded with a qualified response to you. There was no insult there, it's an observation that appears to objectively hold true - because if you were capable of respecting the fact that not all people play for pips or bps, it'd nullify your entire comment.

    Secondly, don't tell me to grow up. I've probably got hair in my backside that's older than you!

    You want to call people try-hards or what-not. You go ahead. It doesn't change the point in the slightest. It just means you've come up with a term that you consider derogatory for people who want something else from the game, and you're the one who then projects the idea that others are sad.

    Please... don't buy auric cells, you need brain cells.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487168#Comment_1487168

    And you assume I'm not?

    Hate to tell ya, but I get tilted super easy for stupid #########, and when I recognize it's happening, ya know what I do? I stop playing, and take a break from it until I can get myself under control and understand a "gg ez" wont ruin my day.

    Finally someone else with some common sense. I myself get very triggered, usually in real life though where I can't walk away from it usually, so I definitely keep that crap out of my gaming which is my relax time.

  • @PlaysByShady said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487371#Comment_1487371

    Wait, wait, wait... firstly, I responded completely in kind to your comment. You projected an unfounded opinion onto me, and I responded with a qualified response to you. There was no insult there, it's an observation that appears to objectively hold true - because if you were capable of respecting the fact that not all people play for pips or bps, it'd nullify your entire comment.

    Secondly, don't tell me to grow up. I've probably got hair in my backside that's older than you!

    You want to call people try-hards or what-not. You go ahead. It doesn't change the point in the slightest. It just means you've come up with a term that you consider derogatory for people who want something else from the game, and you're the one who then projects the idea that others are sad.

    Please... don't buy auric cells, you need brain cells.

    Born in '86. Let's exchange info Mr. Tough Keyboard Warrior.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Pryometrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1487401#Comment_1487401

    Born in '86. Let's exchange info Mr. Tough Keyboard Warrior.

    Here, I'll start 😉.

    Difference between you and I, I'm not a keyboard warrior. Also making fun of someone's mental disability is disgusting.

    If you're ever in Barrie Ontario, I live on Carlton Rd L4M5J6 😘.

1 2 3 4