ruin is to op
small game perk designed to "find ruin" but not so good at finding
survivor cant not holding anymore.
killer has no weakpoint now.
small game perk designed to "find ruin" but not so good at finding
survivor cant not holding anymore.
killer has no weakpoint now.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's easy to counter, just do gens, eventually you will complete later someone or yourself probably will find the totem
This and you just need to get more experience with map layout to know where good locations are most likely. But Ruin can actually be to your advantage since you'll get more bp over a longer period but also the killer will sometimes guard it like a guard dog and ignore the gens.
Ruin is dependent on either not being found (its pretty lit up like most active totems) or the killer camping it, which doesn't really help a killer that cant move fast enough between it and the gens.
It's annoying as heck sometimes but as the suggestions have told you so far, practice will improve your reaction time, as will finding and cleansing that pesky totem.
Huntresses lullaby with 5 tokens scares me more....
Why are you making several threads about the same "complaint"?
It'll take some practice if you go with the former, but once you master it, you won't even notice Ruin anymore.
Good luck, man.
Oh boy.
There's nothing wrong with Ruin. Hex perks in general need a buff.
Learn how to hit skillchecks
Tried playing all totem build on hag. The stress was killing me.
Tap - see LF coming - shack loop - gen done - LF leaves - repeat. Funny as hell.
Poor Leatherface, he just wants you to be his friend !
TOTH is pointless since SWF is a thing
IT GOT NERFED ON PTB. Are you happy?
Not really a nerf per say, more of a bug.
What happened to it?
I see no mention of Hex: Ruin in the patch notes for PTB.
That middle sentence you wrote. Have you ever written a sentence before?
You don't really have to worry about Ruin when you Gen Tap which is what most of my friends and I do until we find ruin. Yes it's a little slower but you literally just hold the repair button until you see your character set into the repair animation about 3-4 seconds then let go and do it again, this avoids skill checks altogether and basically makes ruin and lullaby useless for the most part.
For all of the folks who get (Hex:) Ruined on Coldwind Farm let me share with you the potential totem spawns I know of (These are put in order to the frequency I've seen them)
1.) Inside of a Jungle Gym, specifically the small "nook" area that spawns usually behind a locker.
2.) Between the haybales in the haybale loops.
3.) At the base of the dead-cow tree.
4.) In the corn fields.
5.) In the nook between the harvester ramp and the harvester platform.
6.) At the bottom of the killer shack's solid wall.
I'm tired of facing Ruin on every killer I go against at rank 9, let's nuke these totems!
honestly everytime i use ruin it gets found instantly, but when it doesnt i usually have a good game, its not overpowerd. its a god damn hex perk
I've just powered through it on large maps, especially if I kill 1-3 on my side and don't find it. It's especially amusing when I'm able to solo 3 gens (takes forever) on one side of map. But on the other side the killer is chasing 1 person and they can't find the hex Ruin nor get a single gen done .Then you finally either get all 5 gens done and they kill it but leave the Noed totem up.
I don't think ruin is OP.. just boring to play against as i see it so often.. They more you play as survivor the better you will get at skillchecks and remembering where the totems spawn
Ruin is perfectly fine where it is and i say that as a survivor main. Yes its annoying and slows down gens if you aren't exactly on the mark, but a killer is SUPPOSED to make your life difficult. Go on a ruin hunt or practice getting better at the skill checks (i still haven't gotten there yet so no, im not saying 'git gud')
Honestly, if they nerf ruin then they need to nerf flashlights, because i understand they are just as annoying for killers as the ruin is for us.
This is just a personal opinion, which does not mean i am right and you are wrong, but honestly, we need to stop crying for nerfs on anything that makes the game just that little bit more difficult for us and find workarounds. I used to think the hag was overpowered until i discovered the power of simply crouching.
I don't think Ruin is OP, but it certainly changes the dynamics of the match. When I realize its on, I don't even bother doing a gen unless I have a toolbox and a teammate. Otherwise, as soon as I see its on, I just spend the rest of the time looking for it.
Since they do effect the game so much, I don't think skillchecks should be necessary when it can sometimes be damn hard to find the things. But, I think if you cleanse it, the killer should be able to take just as much time as it takes to cleanse one, to relight another. This would give them the option to MOVE the totem if they don't like the initial placement, and doesn't totally defeat a perk slot if its found right away. The killer would need to make a choice, just like the survivors, if they want to take the time to re-light totems.
i see what you mean, alot of times the ruin has a ######### spot but when it gets a good spot survivors have a really hard time, but i think thats just how hex perks work sometimes its trash for the killer, sometimes its trash for the survivors, sometimes its ok ish for both sides.
Lol
Ruin is the perk that teaches you to hit great skill checks.
Once you do, it's just an issue if server lags or not.
Eventually it will only take you 80 seconds to do gens with ruin, opposed ~70 with skillchecks.
Can't find ruin in 10 seconds? don't look for it.
ps: only use Ruin on hex builds to make survivors look for totems. Doesn't matter if they have ######### spots, survs seem to flock to it like there's no tomorrow once they see it. Hag rejoices
Skill checks are client-side.
You know, when you are killer you are already using a spot for a perk who can the minute you are playing be down by survivor with totem. With ruin, you're lucky or unlucky. Ruin allows you to slow the game and give you more time to chase, hook, maybe kill more survivors. When you have some gen rusher it can become pretty indispensable to have ruin. You know what to do as a survivor when the killer have ruin. -Go find the totem. -If you don't find it or the killer is just....camping the totem (haha, yeah, that happened) you just have to do gen.
I meant if server lags the "start" of skillcheck can be offset to the point of non existing.
More so, if it does, you can experience severe fps drops and other stuff.
No, skillchecks are client side, they are not affected by lagg.
The onyl thing you will notice is that you only start repairing the generator 1 sec later after holding M1 (extreme example), but it doesnt affect skillchecks
i am a survivor main who sees it alot mostly isnt found until halfway threw the game. yes it is annoying but killers could say the same about DS or SC
Ruin is irrelevant. I had a trial with Ruin and two generators popped before I managed to find the totem. I didn't even start to look until long after two other totems were cleansed and neither were Ruin.
So your just... Bad at the game then...
Hit great skillchecks or find the totem, it's not very difficult to counter and even if you can't hit great skillchecks you won't lose all that much time.
You know what DOES have weakpoints? You’re argument