Will Pgtw receive the ruin treatment?

I'm genuinely scared for this perk, as it's use rate is probably really high like old ruin was, but I guess this means slowdown is really important, cuz without one, you're at a disadvantage.

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you think they will nerf pop at some point?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461986#Comment_1461986

    You shouldn’t get too caught up in the panic of using a perk just because it’s active.

    What’s better here?

    An area you want to control only to find the survivors have done stuff all progress on them? (Yet you’re making progress with downs and hooks)

    Or an area you want to control that you could almost lose, and at best you’ve reduced one of those gens from 99% to 74%?

    There’s simply nothing to be gained by leaving an important area that the survivors have hardly done repairs in to find a gen you MIGHT be able to use pop on, when its probably a gen that doesn’t matter if the survivors repair, AND it’s at the cost of freely giving the survivors access to the area you were previously keeping control of.

    But if you're not using the perk, then the perk is going to waste. But if you just use the perk on the first gen you find because you are strapped for time, then the perk is going to waste as well in a different way. That was the problem with the old Pop: More often than not, the perk was wasted either because you ran out of time to find something good to kick or because you resigned yourself to inefficiently using it before the timer ran out. 30 seconds was not enough time to reliably make good use of it.

    And the way you describe it? I want the second one. I want to control an area that I am at risk of losing so I can potentially gain it back.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461986#Comment_1461986

    So my point is that if you’ve downed someone, hooked them, pop activates, and the area you’re controlling has very little repair progress on any of those gens, that’s still a very good outcome for the killer.

    I'd say that is not necessarily true, depending on the situation.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462009#Comment_1462009

    I’m not saying it isn’t great to get to a gen just in the nick of time and take 25% progress off of it. Of course that’s handy. But that shouldn’t be any random gen “just because”. As I said, if an area is being controlled the killer should already have a rough mental map of gen progress in the area, and already know exactly which gen they’re going to after every hook.

    I’m saying that the focus is kills and downs, and yes gen stall can assist that goal. An ultimately ideal situation is that an area is being controlled so well that Pop hardly needs to be used except for mid/late game. Just because pop activates and all of the important gens in a prioritised area have no repair progress doesn’t detract from the fact that the killer is doing extremely well at that point. This doesn’t mean pop was “wasted”, it just means it wasn’t needed at that point, which is as equally as good having pop activate when you’re near a nearly completed important gen.

    Sorry, but I don't see it that way. I don't buy that a Killer should already know which gen they're going to kick when Pop goes live. Sometimes that is very much the case. I don't believe it plays out that way as often as you seem to imply.

    The focus is on kills and downs, and that ran at odds with the old Pop having such a strict window to use it. Having to use Pop inefficiently or potentially not use it does not necessarily mean that the Killer is doing well because it is possible that a different area becomes a high priority and you might not be able to survey the area you are in, confirm that nothing there really needs to be popped, go to the area that needs attention, survey that area, and then find the gen that would benefit the most from being popped in the time frame of the old PGTW. So to me, it could very realistically mean that Pop was wasted.

  • It definitely needs looking into. When combined with BBQ on a killer like Freddy, it is overpowered and very unfair. At a minimum, it should have a difficult skillcheck before removing progress. You shouldn't be able to blanket remove objective progress for simply doing your own objective. It is like the Freddy rework was rushed without considering existing perks.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It definitely needs looking into. When combined with BBQ on a killer like Freddy, it is overpowered and very unfair. At a minimum, it should have a difficult skillcheck before removing progress. You shouldn't be able to blanket remove objective progress for simply doing your own objective. It is like the Freddy rework was rushed without considering existing perks.

    Ignoring the fact that Killers don't get skill checks, what is the Killer skillfully trying to do? Kick the gen hard enough?

  • I hope not, PGTW rewards the player for doing well and hooking a survivor compared to ruin which was "oh cool you equipped me". Pop is quite literally the only good gen regression perk left in the game, and most mid to low tier killers in high ranks NEED it in order to consistently do well. Unless they buffed most killers to compensate or a new good regression perk is added, I think the community would lose their #########. Because the ruin nerf made sense, while it sucked and most players needed to adjust to play without it, there was a concrete understandable reason for the nerf, if Pop got nerfed it would just be a kick in the nuts at this point.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    They said they changed Ruin because it wasn’t fair on newer players who couldn’t hit skillchecks. PGTW doesn’t make hitting skillchecks more difficult so I can’t see why they’d need to change it.

    Wait, is that.. someone who may just think BVHR acts logically? You poor, sweet summer child.

  • @Maperson said:

    Why would they? PGTW rewards good plays, devs said they nerfed ruin bcs it did a lot without killer doing anything

    I don’t understand why people miss this as it’s so obvious. Exactly my thoughts on this.

  • old ruin was nerf because newer players couldn’t hit skillchecks if this was the case overcharge may get nerf but that skillcheck not hard to hit.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462054#Comment_1462054

    Ignoring the fact that Killers don't get skill checks, what is the Killer skillfully trying to do? Kick the gen hard enough?

    There's nothing skillful in turning 360 degrees after hooking someone, seeing an aura, blinking there instantly, removing objective progress. Rinse and repeat.

  • Same I'm also scared for pgtw and all the huntress mains

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462062#Comment_1462062

    There's nothing skillful in turning 360 degrees after hooking someone, seeing an aura, blinking there instantly, removing objective progress. Rinse and repeat.

    I mean what would the skill check represent? The Killer is just whacking the gen the same way they always do.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462194#Comment_1462194

    I mean what would the skill check represent? The Killer is just whacking the gen the same way they always do.

    The skillcheck is for the survivors, like the overcharge perk.

  • I think it's potentially stupidly strong, but you can only use it 12 times potentially, so it has a finite use(albeit that its final use the game is already over). But I think limiting it in some way, like adding a cooldown timer to it, would discourage killers from hooking so they can use it, pushing towards the late game, giving up gens because they can't use the perk...

    I dunno, it's something that would need to be continuously tested for a while to really see how it would affect games. It's really strong when you get hooks back to back to back, just keep popping generators and refreshing pop. But it's basically useless if you only manage to hook a couple people throughout the game. I guess it's dependent on experience and feast or famine.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462202#Comment_1462202

    The skillcheck is for the survivors, like the overcharge perk.

    What? You're just suggesting that Pop Goes the Weasel functions identically to Overcharge.

  • Better not till after BT, DH, DS, and IW all get the ruin hit. Then and only then will I be okay with PGTW getting hit.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462208#Comment_1462208

    What? You're just suggesting that Pop Goes the Weasel functions identically to Overcharge.

    They could be creative and make the skillcheck different or have different ways of presenting itself to make it more challenging.

  • No.

    Ruin was changed, due to its inconsistency not only throughout a single trial, but between the ranks aswell.

    old Ruin was quite literally 100% RNG reliable to even take effect when it was active and it harshly punished Survivors who were newer to the game, while basically having no effect on high level players who could hit their greats consistently.


    PGTW on the other hand is the definition of a consistent, reliable perk. it can not be taken away from the killer, the killer can control when and where he wishes it to take effect and it actively rewards good and skillfull gameplay.

    there is nothing inconsistent about this perk that COULD be changed


    also, the new Ruin is a lot more consistent and, just like PGTW actively rewards good players who can force Survivors off of gens. it is - in my opinion - a lot better than its previous version, due to its now existing consistency. consistency is a key factor in DbDs gameplay, inconsistent things usually end up not standing a chance in high level play - just like old Ruin.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460552#Comment_1460552

    "They said they changed Ruin because it wasn’t fair on newer players who couldn’t hit skillchecks."

    . If anything new players should be able to run around and do a totem, reeasons like "new players miss skill checks" only believed by the gullible.

    I was new at this game when old ruin existed, and trust me, those skill checks were impossible. Finding totems back then was difficult too, considering I didn't even know what hex perks were

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    I doubt PGTW will ever get changed, as a survivor main I do see it as a balanced perk. You have to win a chase, successfully hook, and then make it to the gen you want to hit before it gets finished to pop it. PGTW promotes good and fun gameplay, no matter how irritating it is to have your gen instantly regressed by 25%. And now there is a perk that directly counters it, so anyone who really has a problem with PGTW should just run Repressed Alliance (or whatever that new gen blocking perk is called)

    I mean it is BHVR so you never know

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462223#Comment_1462223

    They could be creative and make the skillcheck different or have different ways of presenting itself to make it more challenging.

    How?

  • I highly doubt Pop will get nerfed. Also, new Ruin is quite good. Prioritizing gens and pressuring people off them is absolutely devastating when Ruin is up.

  • Theres literally no reason for it to be a hex perk. In order for it to activate you need to hook someone and that can be work sometimes so no it doesnt need no nerf. It is such an excellent perk for killers and it helps completely with genrush.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460560#Comment_1460560

    I’m not gullible but I know all my friends who started playing the game were awful at hitting skill checks and Ruin made it almost impossible for them. It was easy to bypass at high ranks but not at lower ranks so I personally understand why it was tweaked. I actually think the current Ruin is stronger because it actually puts more pressure on survivors.

    The current ruin is weaker. Old ruin could get cleanse 30 sec into the match you had value out of it new ruin get cleanse 30 sec into the match you have zero value out of it. If both ruin last until the end you had more value overall with the old ruin new ruin you have some value if you can chase 4 survivor at the same time sadly this is a 4v1 game. If new ruin was not a totem i would agree that the new ruin is strong but the way it is right now its a bad perk and thana is probably better overall

  • @FabsRinas said:

    I'm genuinely scared for this perk, as it's use rate is probably really high like old ruin was, but I guess this means slowdown is really important, cuz without one, you're at a disadvantage.

    What are your thoughts on this?

    Do you think they will nerf pop at some point?

    I Just want overcharged to get a buff to where the skill check is smaller please

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    Most likely will get nerfed after devs have implemented early game stall.

    So in other words, hopefully it gets nerfed after it's no longer needed.

  • Oh ffs, Pop is the most balanced perk in the game and it's usage must be earned. What needs to be nerfed is the fact that survivors are rewarded with free Sprint burst upon being hit.

  • @FabsRinas said:

    I'm genuinely scared for this perk, as it's use rate is probably really high like old ruin was, but I guess this means slowdown is really important, cuz without one, you're at a disadvantage.

    What are your thoughts on this?

    Do you think they will nerf pop at some point?

    Doubtful. Pop is fine as is. It doesn't hinder new players like ruin did. Idk the whole story on they changed ruin, but it wasn't pick rate. Tbh tho, I want old ruin back as a survivor main bc then genrushing takes SKILL.

  • They probably will since they are biased survivors servants

  • @Maperson said:

    Why would they? PGTW rewards good plays, devs said they nerfed ruin bcs it did a lot without killer doing anything

    By that logic they should nerf the doctor. 3/4 his kit does everything for you.

  • I think eventually they will have to reduce the amount of gen perks you can get. Otherwise they will always run into this problem. When one gen perk is good for slowing down the match getting 2 of these will be always ridiculous.

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464550#Comment_1464550

    Name it? As far as I know you need to land shock on survivor?

    How difficult

  • I honestly don't see why PGTW would get nerfed. It is a nice balance and reward perk. Get a hook, slow down a gen. It has nothing to do with crippling survivors the way old Ruin did.

    No, it should not be nerfed. It is a very balanced perk.

  • Why would it need a "ruin" treatment?

    This perk literally rewards you for hooking someone. Ruin does not.

  • I agree actually, but many people liked the original and the amount of player input is not a good excuse for the change seeing that there are many useful things in the game that require little to no player input to achieve good results.

  • Survivors recently got a perk to counter Pgtw with Cheryl Mason, the one you can block the gen with. Leave it alone. If we gonna talk about perks that are being used 'too much' what about Adrenaline, Descicive, Bbq Chilli, Dead Hard, and all the other 'crutch' meta perks?


    Sorry but if you change perks because people use them too much you should probably question your capabilities of actually creating good balanced perks, instead of just making stuff up to take a step back and cover your mistakes.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    They said they changed Ruin because it wasn’t fair on newer players who couldn’t hit skillchecks. PGTW doesn’t make hitting skillchecks more difficult so I can’t see why they’d need to change it.

    Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460552#Comment_1460552

    "They said they changed Ruin because it wasn’t fair on newer players who couldn’t hit skillchecks."

    . If anything new players should be able to run around and do a totem, reeasons like "new players miss skill checks" only believed by the gullible.

    Ruin had pretty much no effect on experienced players. The only people it harmed were newbies.

  • Its a very underrated perk. Saves you slightly under 18% progress against ruin if you have to go save someone else and protects from a PGTW hit and subsequent regression.

    Two of the most common gen defense perks makes repressed alliance a good perk to consider.

  • @Zeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464643#Comment_1464643

    Its a very underrated perk. Saves you slightly under 18% progress against ruin if you have to go save someone else and protects from a PGTW hit and subsequent regression.

    Two of the most common gen defense perks makes repressed alliance a good perk to consider.

    Right, I wasn't saying you were wrong. But you were making it sound like you thought op was asking for a nerf, and suggested a counter to it.

1 2 ›