Stop demanding spirit nerfs

Yeah I get it shes hard to go against big deal she has counter play you guys just are too stubborn too utilize it! You just killed Billy stop trying to kill Spirit.

Comments

  • As a killer main, Spirit is ridiculously easy to do well with.


    The first game I played with her I got my adept with no add-ons. At rank 2.


    She doesn't necessarily need a nerf, but she needs something.

  • I think Freddy needs to be next. Specifically the oblivious status. So many of them proxy camp and tunnel, as survivor you shouldn’t have to run across the map to wake yourself up and then back again before you’re allowed to use BT.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Name a good counter or more against a Spirit who runs Stridor and listens for footsteps / breathing.

    1. Just playing immersed. Sorry your loopy loops wont have much effect on a good Spirit.
    2. If you pay attention she has tells when she begins her phase. Her animation resets its extremely easy to spot if youre paying close attention to her
    3. Have basic map awareness and know where to run and when.
    4. Always keep an eye out for vaulting windows this is her BIGGEST counter as most windows she will always have a difficult time keeping up with.
  • @handfulofrain said:

    As a killer main, Spirit is ridiculously easy to do well with.

    The first game I played with her I got my adept with no add-ons. At rank 2.

    She doesn't necessarily need a nerf, but she needs something.

    No shes perfectly balanced people don't like her because the most common method of play, looping has no effect on a good Spirit.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    I think Freddy needs to be next. Specifically the oblivious status. So many of them proxy camp and tunnel, as survivor you shouldn’t have to run across the map to wake yourself up and then back again before you’re allowed to use BT.

    I would ask for a minuscule Freddy nerf but I don't cause I know if one small thing goes down its possible it'll have the biggest impact on his performance.

  • The only tweak she needs is a bigger visual tell when she’s phasing. Nothing crazy, but enough to prevent the stupid “standing still mindgame” at pallets for attentive survivors.

    NOTHING else needs to be nerfed. She already has a cooldown on phasing and she’s 110% movement speed.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    The only tweak she needs is a bigger visual tell when she’s phasing. Nothing crazy, but enough to prevent the stupid “standing still mindgame” at pallets for attentive survivors.

    NOTHING else needs to be nerfed. She already has a cooldown on phasing and she’s 110% movement speed.

    I mean she already has a tell you just need to be attentive.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438053#Comment_1438053

    I mean she already has a tell you just need to be attentive.

    Yeah, not a reliable one - especially on console where the graphics and framerates are inferior to PC.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Name a good counter or more against a Spirit who runs Stridor and listens for footsteps / breathing.

    Mind games..stridor hampers her ability to accurately gauge distance

  • Imagine thinking in 2020 Spirit has Counter Play.

    Your play gets countered by headphones.

  • Any fair player doesn't want Spirit's kit to be nerfed nor or they demanding for nerfs. Most players if not all players who are actually good at this game didn't even ask for a Billy nerf. However, we do acknowledge that there needs to be some tell when she's using her power.

    The counters to spirit are actually stupid and a lot of it boils down to a guess better situation. Oh you can stealth or run and walk to trick the spirit. Those simple ass tricks don't work on a good spirit. The only real counter to her is to hope that they're bad or have no good headphones so those tricks actually work on them.

  • If Billy goes..they ALL must go!!!!!! Mwh-ha-ha-ha 😈

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438084#Comment_1438084

    so.... name a mind game / counter, something other than "mind game" it's too vague.

    Well considering the devs are trying to make more mind games rather than safe pallets so..I mean consider what you have..1..shes blind, 2, scratches are delayed..knowing this can allow you to use them misleadingly..especially since you'll know when stridor is in game as you'll be louder as a whole than normal, she cant phase forever so she will usually choose a point to come out..usually early to try and counter survivor jukes..now..using these , you can cause her to lose distance and meter..prolonging the chase

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438055#Comment_1438055

    Yeah, not a reliable one - especially on console where the graphics and framerates are inferior to PC.

    Its perfectly reliable. Console doesn't stop animations trust me I literally used to mainly play on Xbox which is where I learned her counters.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Imagine thinking in 2020 Spirit has Counter Play.

    Your play gets countered by headphones.

    Imagine in 2020 thinking Spirit OP and not knowing basic counter play

  • @Slickstyles said:

    Any fair player doesn't want Spirit's kit to be nerfed nor or they demanding for nerfs. Most players if not all players who are actually good at this game didn't even ask for a Billy nerf. However, we do acknowledge that there needs to be some tell when she's using her power.

    The counters to spirit are actually stupid and a lot of it boils down to a guess better situation. Oh you can stealth or run and walk to trick the spirit. Those simple ass tricks don't work on a good spirit. The only real counter to her is to hope that they're bad or have no good headphones so those tricks actually work on them.

    Putting a direct tell of where her location is will directly bring her too F tier lol the fact survivors cant see her is what makes her good.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438088#Comment_1438088

    Imagine in 2020 thinking Spirit OP and not knowing basic counter play

    I never said OP.

    I said no counter play.

    What's your idea of "basic Counter play" please tell me, as Spirit main, please, I'm waiting and I'll literally tear each counter play of yours down.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438075#Comment_1438075

    Its perfectly reliable. Console doesn't stop animations trust me I literally used to mainly play on Xbox which is where I learned her counters.

    Please show me video evidence of this perfectly reliable tell.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438149#Comment_1438149

    I never said OP.

    I said no counter play.

    What's your idea of "basic Counter play" please tell me, as Spirit main, please, I'm waiting and I'll literally tear each counter play of yours down.

    Im a Spirit main too boo you ain't special <3 Ive already listed she has a tell when shes phasing, you know her limitations when shes in phase, you have to have basic map knowledge, and you need to be able to identify the Spirit's play style. Guessing and mind games are a very minuscule part of her actual counter play.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438147#Comment_1438147

    Please show me video evidence of this perfectly reliable tell.

    I mean I really can't cause theres not that many videos of youtubers going against actually good Spirits

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438091#Comment_1438091

    Putting a direct tell of where her location is will directly bring her too F tier lol the fact survivors cant see her is what makes her good.

    I said some tell, not a direct tell. That's just putting words in my mouth. Some tell could be letting survivors know when she starts to phase OR leaving a trail of black pools of blood or something. Either/or. It doesn't have to be both.

    I'd prefer the trail because in the same way survivors try to mindgame with their scratchmarks, you can mindgame with the trail you leave behind. Survivors need more information to work with rather than be punished for an educated guess.

  • okay. what are her counters then?

    and dont say “play immersed” because that just insinuates that she has no counterplay in a chase.

  • @Slickstyles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438154#Comment_1438154

    I said some tell, not a direct tell. That's just putting words in my mouth. Some tell could be letting survivors know when she starts to phase OR leaving a trail of black pools of blood or something. Either/or. It doesn't have to be both.

    I'd prefer the trail because in the same way survivors try to mindgame with their scratchmarks, you can mindgame with the trail you leave behind. Survivors need more information to work with rather than be punished for an educated guess.

    Ive repeated countless times she already has a tell when she starts her phase her entire animations reset.

  • @Mew said:

    okay. what are her counters then?

    and dont say “play immersed” because that just insinuates that she has no counterplay in a chase.

    You can read up Ive listed them so many times already

  • I’d rather have Spirit nerfed than Billy. But Devs know best.

  • The thing is, people want Spirit changed, nobody asked for Billy nerfs

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438012#Comment_1438012

    1. Just playing immersed. Sorry your loopy loops wont have much effect on a good Spirit.
    2. If you pay attention she has tells when she begins her phase. Her animation resets its extremely easy to spot if youre paying close attention to her
    3. Have basic map awareness and know where to run and when.
    4. Always keep an eye out for vaulting windows this is her BIGGEST counter as most windows she will always have a difficult time keeping up with.
    1. yep. this isn’t a counter to her, because you’ll eventually get found no matter what. now what happens when you get chased?
    2. her animation reseting is random, it doesn’t happen all the time. also, if you’re that close to be able to notice her animation reseting/her body glowing you’re gonna die, anyway
    3. this wont help against a spirit? if you’re injured without iron will or she has stridor, you’re going down no matter what. (and even if you do have iron will, the spirit just needs good headphones to hear your footsteps. same thing happens)
    4. this doesnt even make sense either... like, you do know that survivors make noise when vaulting things, even when slow vaulting? also gotta mention that survivors just make noise in general (like footsteps and breathing)


    none of the things you listed are actual counters to her. they’re just guesses that take no skill or are “just play immersed lul”

    this is why spirit deserves some sort of nerf so the survivors can actually do something skill based against her rather than rolling a dice on if they get hit or not

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Imagine thinking in 2020 Spirit has Counter Play.

    Your play gets countered by headphones.

    Just don't be a meghead and be aware

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438184#Comment_1438184

    Ive repeated countless times she already has a tell when she starts her phase her entire animations reset.

    They reset inconsistently. I have friends who are rank1 spirits and we've tested literally everything to counter spirit. If you don't believe me, this video says the same exact thing.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHy-NA2qaY

    If you said that the tell was shards glowing, I'd agreed but it's hardly visible from closeup and not visible at all from a distance. It's not a good enough tell and none of it is practical in a chase. Stop making excuses for something that's clearly broken so you can continue to abuse its mechanic.

  • @xavyq said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438036#Comment_1438036

    Do you hear yourself. Looping. A key part of the game. Has no effect against a good spirit. There isn't much counterplay to her. I read your 4 counterplay things and those are so wrong it's not even funny. Spirit can hear EVERYTHING. I have seen many people play spirit. You can hear a survivor with iron will breathing. WHEN THEY ARE IN A LOCKER. Being immersed DOES NOT WORK. Also, she does not change her animation when she starts to phase. If it did, the animations would look awkward and wouldn't sync. Have basic map awareness? Your just joking at this point right? And then you said keep an eye out for vaulting as it is her biggest counterplay🤦🏽‍♂️ How do you go from be immersed and DON'T LOOP to VAULT WINDOWS AND LOOP😂. Vaulting windows is not a huge counterplay. In fact. It isnt. AT ALL

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438031#Comment_1438031

    Everything you said I just...cant process. Be Immersed = STAY OUT OF CHASE. And if you MUST be in a chase then go for windows. Sorry that a different play style is just so outrageous for you. "WHAT?!?! LOOPING SHOULDN'T COUNTER EVERY KILLER?!?! OP!!!! KILLER OP!!!!!!!"

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438020#Comment_1438020

    No shes perfectly balanced people don't like her because the most common method of play, looping has no effect on a good Spirit.

    @kate_best_girl

    I'm not denying that there are legit people who just don't like facing her, but that doesn't mean she isn't "easy" to play as.

    You can stand still and practically watch the survivor move to a bad spot, I wouldn't necessarily call that a skill. Regardless of the very minuscule cues that she has, doesn't take away that factor.

    You can hear survivors while they are wounded to a point where you start questioning if not being able to see really means anything at all.

    Those two combined with Omega Spirit should really not be a thing.

  • @Mew said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438031#Comment_1438031

    1. yep. this isn’t a counter to her, because you’ll eventually get found no matter what. now what happens when you get chased?
    2. her animation reseting is random, it doesn’t happen all the time. also, if you’re that close to be able to notice her animation reseting/her body glowing you’re gonna die, anyway
    3. this wont help against a spirit? if you’re injured without iron will or she has stridor, you’re going down no matter what. (and even if you do have iron will, the spirit just needs good headphones to hear your footsteps. same thing happens)
    4. this doesnt even make sense either... like, you do know that survivors make noise when vaulting things, even when slow vaulting? also gotta mention that survivors just make noise in general (like footsteps and breathing)

    none of the things you listed are actual counters to her. they’re just guesses that take no skill or are “just play immersed lul”

    this is why spirit deserves some sort of nerf so the survivors can actually do something skill based against her rather than rolling a dice on if they get hit or not

    I cant get over you how you bandwagon riders just cannot understand. Vaulting is something that'll eat up a good second of her phasing time this is obviously about being IN A CHASE not outside one. Having basic map awarness so you know what windows and pallets are where and what area to run too that'll eat up most of her phasing time. Animation reseting really isn't that inconsistent considering I've dominated Spirit's using it all game soooo. Its funny that the very idea of not looping a killer is so far fetched to you all.

  • @xavyq said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438084#Comment_1438084

    No it doesn't. Of course when you first use it's gonna be weird. Most Spirit mains who use stridor have been using stridor for 500+ hours have adjusted to the noise and distance.

    It's still not perfect..besides..if you freak out as she gets close it's very disorienting

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438308#Comment_1438308

    I cant get over you how you bandwagon riders just cannot understand. Vaulting is something that'll eat up a good second of her phasing time this is obviously about being IN A CHASE not outside one. Having basic map awarness so you know what windows and pallets are where and what area to run too that'll eat up most of her phasing time. Animation reseting really isn't that inconsistent considering I've dominated Spirit's using it all game soooo. Its funny that the very idea of not looping a killer is so far fetched to you all.

    @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438036#Comment_1438036

    @kate_best_girl

    I'm not denying that there are legit people who just don't like facing her, but that doesn't mean she isn't "easy" to play as.

    You can stand still and practically watch the survivor move to a bad spot, I wouldn't necessarily call that a skill. Regardless of the very minuscule cues that she has, doesn't take away that factor.

    You can hear survivors while they are wounded to a point where you start questioning if not being able to see really means anything at all.

    Those two combined with Omega Spirit should really not be a thing.

    Omega spirit has been dead for MONTHS

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438308#Comment_1438308

    I cant get over you how you bandwagon riders just cannot understand. Vaulting is something that'll eat up a good second of her phasing time this is obviously about being IN A CHASE not outside one. Having basic map awarness so you know what windows and pallets are where and what area to run too that'll eat up most of her phasing time. Animation reseting really isn't that inconsistent considering I've dominated Spirit's using it all game soooo. Its funny that the very idea of not looping a killer is so far fetched to you all.

    ah yes. i have a different opinion so im on a bandwagon. totally not my thoughts after maining her for months after she released 🤷‍♀️

    what are you talking about vaulting? obviously i know you were referring to being in a chase. window vaulting wont do anything against a half decent spirit when they can hear you. I said slow vaulting because thats what i thought you were referring to. What do you mean by “vaulting” because again, any half decent spirit can easily down a survivor vaulting something because she can’t be looped

    again, having basic map awareness doesnt matter when the spirit can instantly phase on top of a survivor without any sort of tells. dropping a pallet or vaulting a window literally wont do anything when the spirit can already be going around it.

    if you were able to dominate a spirit then they obviously weren’t a good spirit.

    and for looping, what else do survivors have in the game to show their skill? nothing. why else would anti loop killers be hated when the biggest part of the interactions between survivors and killers are in a chase?

  • @Mew said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438349#Comment_1438349

    ah yes. i have a different opinion so im on a bandwagon. totally not my thoughts after maining her for months after she released 🤷‍♀️

    what are you talking about vaulting? obviously i know you were referring to being in a chase. window vaulting wont do anything against a half decent spirit when they can hear you. I said slow vaulting because thats what i thought you were referring to. What do you mean by “vaulting” because again, any half decent spirit can easily down a survivor vaulting something because she can’t be looped

    again, having basic map awareness doesnt matter when the spirit can instantly phase on top of a survivor without any sort of tells. dropping a pallet or vaulting a window literally wont do anything when the spirit can already be going around it.

    if you were able to dominate a spirit then they obviously weren’t a good spirit.

    and for looping, what else do survivors have in the game to show their skill? nothing. why else would anti loop killers be hated when the biggest part of the interactions between survivors and killers are in a chase?

    You vault to waste her phasing time further the faster she gets out of phase the quicker shes an M1 110 killer for 15 seconds which is a free 15 seconds of basically an easy chase before you gotta use your brain again. Also yeah because everyone has a hate boner for Spirit again out of no where now that Billy is nerfed because top tier killers just CANT exist otherwise they're too OP and must be nerfed. Anyday now you'll all be saying "NERF TRAPPER! I SHOULDNT NEED SMALL GAME TO COUNTER TRAPPER!" lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Name a good counter or more against a Spirit who runs Stridor and listens for footsteps / breathing.

    Iron will.

  • @handfulofrain said:

    As a killer main, Spirit is ridiculously easy to do well with.

    The first game I played with her I got my adept with no add-ons. At rank 2.

    She doesn't necessarily need a nerf, but she needs something.

    THANK YOU. This is what I've been saying and I get absolutely destroyed for even thinking it on the forums.

  • They also never say anything about the point that some of her skins take away these so called "obvious" tells.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Name a good counter or more against a Spirit who runs Stridor and listens for footsteps / breathing.

    Having a great team to work in the background because its a 4v1 game and spirit is only good at 1v1 parts, also spine chill or stack off the record and iron will there are ways around it so if you dislike it that much use them before complaining.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438012#Comment_1438012

    Having a great team to work in the background because its a 4v1 game and spirit is only good at 1v1 parts, also spine chill or stack off the record and iron will there are ways around it so if you dislike it that much use them before complaining.

    Stridor counters Iron Will on Spirit. Also you're basically saying to beat a good Spirit you need SWF.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    Yeah I get it shes hard to go against big deal she has counter play you guys just are too stubborn too utilize it! You just killed Billy stop trying to kill Spirit.

    Its not hard to play against Spirit, but only a guessing game. No real dynamic interaction, no strenth measurement, nothing. Playing against a Spirit has nothing to do with skill thats the problem. It does not matter if you are the best survivor in the world or the worst, its all in the Spirits hand if she wins or not.

    Same problem with Nurse and Deathslinger.

  • She just needs one of two things. 1 is a small graphics change to let survivors know shes phasing. Or 2 is you can't hear while phasing at all. Id prefer 1, but 2 is good too.

  • OP has a biased opinion & will defend Spirit to the death. Truth is, Spirit does need some changes. She doesn’t have any counter play. You think she’s phasing? Nope, she isn’t. Think you can mind game at pallets? Nope. She can hear you.

    Hide in a locker? Oh, she can hear you breathing in there too. Run and then backtrack? Well, she can still hear you & figure out your trick. You’re basically screwed against a good Spirit.

    I don’t think she needs to be nerfed into oblivion but she could use some tweaking.

  • She’s low risk, no effort with high reward. I don’t even play killer much at all and I can get 4K with her easily.

    She needs to be changed. In a chase with Spirit, you’re almost guaranteed to lose because she doesn’t have a solid counter. So, what, just hope to never be found? Boring.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438164#Comment_1438164

    I mean I really can't cause theres not that many videos of youtubers going against actually good Spirits

    Well it wouldn’t matter what the skill of the Spirit it, this is simply a visual mechanic that you claim is easy to spot. Just post a random video of someone going against Spirit and timestamp a section of the video and what I should look for.

  • @DeanWinchester said:

    OP has a biased opinion & will defend Spirit to the death. Truth is, Spirit does need some changes. She doesn’t have any counter play. You think she’s phasing? Nope, she isn’t. Think you can mind game at pallets? Nope. She can hear you.

    Hide in a locker? Oh, she can hear you breathing in there too. Run and then backtrack? Well, she can still hear you & figure out your trick. You’re basically screwed against a good Spirit.

    I don’t think she needs to be nerfed into oblivion but she could use some tweaking.

    "I dont think she needs to be nerfed into oblivion I just think we need to remove the one part about her that makes her viable and reduce her to B or low C tier because I dont wanna learn her."

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438814#Comment_1438814

    "I dont think she needs to be nerfed into oblivion I just think we need to remove the one part about her that makes her viable and reduce her to B or low C tier because I dont wanna learn her."

    Did I say that? No. You’re putting words in my mouth. I said she needs some tweaking. Keep on coming with the salt, princess.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438561#Comment_1438561

    Stridor counters Iron Will on Spirit. Also you're basically saying to beat a good Spirit you need SWF.

    Wouldnt hurt to be swf also stridor doesnt counter iron will stacked with no mither or with the active effect of off the record,

‹ 1 2 3