Should we get a new game-mode with cross-play? 2v6?

With cross-play nearly around the corner, match-making should be incredibly fast.

I could only hope that the DEVs would introduce something fun like a 2v6 or something similar. Or a sandbox?

Mine 2V6 idea is this:

Game-mode: Nightmare | 2 v 6

2 Killers. 6 Survivors. 6 Generators.

  • Pre-Survivor disconnect handicap = -1.5 generators to complete. Meaning 1 less gen and 1 gen half progressed.
  • Pre-Killer disconnect = -Player has disconnected. Continue to main menu.

Playing w/ friends is possible too, selecting the game-mode adds 2 more survivor slots and as killer, adds a slot to invite a killer pal to join in!

Maps: Autohaven Wreckers, Badham Preschool, Coldwind farm, Midwich elementary school, and The MacMillan Estate. (cause they big).

Comments

  • Prolly more survivors just because 2 killers are extremely strong. Ive put extreme thought into just thinking about how strong killer combinations are, even creating a category called “A killer and their win button (nurse)”. Plague unironically becomes an amazing killer in a 2v(whatever) mode, because she enables other killers so well.

  • Depends of how many gens would be on the map... could be hard to do gens with 2 killers only patrolling half of the map.

  • Lol imagine plague and hag

  • @mostlyghostly said:

    Lol imagine plague and hag

    Plague and Freddy :)

  • Yeah, the maps would need to be increased in size by probably 2 to 2. 5 times the size they are now due to terror radius and perks etc

  • The legion No stop deep wounding lok

  • Imagine getting tunneled then camped to death by 2 killers while 5 of your friends leave without you.

  • awful idea, extremely unbalanced. Y'all cry about camping and tunneling, think what would happened with 2 killer that could actually make camping and tunneling uncounterable.

  • @JesterClown said:

    Prolly more survivors just because 2 killers are extremely strong. Ive put extreme thought into just thinking about how strong killer combinations are, even creating a category called “A killer and their win button (nurse)”. Plague unironically becomes an amazing killer in a 2v(whatever) mode, because she enables other killers so well.

    Yeah two killers can corner a survivor, making pallets useless vaults useless etc

  • after consulting about this, I think the idea of this mode would be a sort of “survive as long as possible” and a BP farming mode, games on average would give double bp, escaping would give like x4 the usual bp

  • Yes, we should. It would make killer feel less stressful and make the game more interesting.

  • @YaiPa said:

    awful idea, extremely unbalanced. Y'all cry about camping and tunneling, think what would happened with 2 killer that could actually make camping and tunneling uncounterable.

    @JesterClown said:

    Prolly more survivors just because 2 killers are extremely strong. Ive put extreme thought into just thinking about how strong killer combinations are, even creating a category called “A killer and their win button (nurse)”. Plague unironically becomes an amazing killer in a 2v(whatever) mode, because she enables other killers so well.


    2 killers is strong but so is 6 Survivors and 6 gens. If you think about it, killers can only really target 1 survivor at a time NOT including slugging. With 2 killers, that leaves 4 survivors on the loose. Though I agree that it wouldn't be easy for survivors to escape. It's definitely doable, specially with SWF.

    Not to mention, 2 more suvivors have a input as to what offerings and items to bring. With that, the game could take a hard turn for killers.

    Though, you can argue that 1 killer can patrol hooked survivors and 1 killer patrols gens but even at that, it wouldn't workout well. At that point, it would be a regular DBD game.

    @Frareid88 said:

    Yeah, the maps would need to be increased in size by probably 2 to 2. 5 times the size they are now due to terror radius and perks etc

    @Maperson said:

    We already talked about this, i like the Idea but maps are not designed for that

    Of course! Maps would absolutely need to be increased by at least twice its size. 6 survivors would fill up the map and a extra killer would be even more hectic. I also think each map should add 2 more pallets and one more T and L loop or shack.

    In terms of the maps, the ones I chose are best imo just because of it's size and design.

  • You cant just throw numbers of players and gens around this would need some heavy testing. No matter what a killer can still only chase one person at a time in theory, so 2 killers still chasing 2 leaves 4 players to jam on gens.

    I am all for a gladiator mode but need heavy testing on the numbers before comment further

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    You cant just throw numbers of players and gens around this would need some heavy testing. No matter what a killer can still only chase one person at a time in theory, so 2 killers still chasing 2 leaves 4 players to jam on gens.

    I am all for a gladiator mode but need heavy testing on the numbers before comment further

    I agree but I figured the most stable game would be the numbers I put. It use to be 7 gens but I decided to make it 6 gens just cause of the insanely difficult combos. For example, Ghost face and Micheal Myers or perhaps The pig and plague.

    Not saying this would come out this year or anything but I 100% agree that it should at least be tested to see what potential it has.

  • People think killers are miserable, isolated and depressed lonely people sitting in their cellars counting their 4ks, but really we are team players too. I want to team up with another killer and dance in the fog with my broithers and sisters as we all battle in the new, probably never gonna happen game mode.

    But we can all dream bros, gimme a hug I think I need one.

  • One concern I just thought of, would be the Exit Gates. If Killers cooperate with each other, each can just block one Exit Gate (bodyblock it from being opened) and just hold game hostage forever. I guess 3 Exit Gates would be a must?

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    People think killers are miserable, isolated and depressed lonely people sitting in their cellars counting their 4ks, but really we are team players too. I want to team up with another killer and dance in the fog with my broithers and sisters as we all battle in the new, probably never gonna happen game mode.

    But we can all dream bros, gimme a hug I think I need one.

    Being a survivor main, I honestly think killer is more fun with the right killers.

    Oni is fun to me, Ghostface is amazing, and Nurse is my main. I do hope someday this would happen.

    We have the player count for it! Cross-play would fill the game-mode up!

  • maybe make 4 exit gates, one on each length of the square map?

  • @Karaage said:

    One concern I just thought of, would be the Exit Gates. If Killers cooperate with each other, each can just block one Exit Gate (bodyblock it from being opened) and just hold game hostage forever. I guess 3 Exit Gates would be a must?

    Yes. 3 Exit Gates and perhaps, 2 hatches?

  • God I didn't think as far as end game. Yeah...3-4 exit gates would be fair. LOL

    (leave it to BHVR to figure out. lol.) @Peanits

  • @DrDeepwound @Cixon

    Other concern I thought of, is that increasing Exit numbers is not possible on some maps, like Lery's, Stranger Things, Silent Hill, The Game, due to how these maps are structured. Redoing the maps could be too much work just for a fun gamemode, so they might be disabled?

    And having just 1 hatch should be enough, might be unfun for last survivor if one killer bodyblocks the hatch instead of closing it and powering up exit gates, but it's not gamebreaking and not a hostage situation.

  • @Karaage said:

    @DrDeepwound @Cixon

    Other concern I thought of, is that increasing Exit numbers is not possible on some maps, like Lery's, Stranger Things, Silent Hill, The Game, due to how these maps are structured. Redoing the maps could be too much work just for a fun gamemode, so they might be disabled?

    And having just 1 hatch should be enough, might be unfun for last survivor if one killer bodyblocks the hatch instead of closing it and powering up exit gates, but it's not gamebreaking and not a hostage situation.

    new big arena battle maps rectangles or squares could be made I imagine since we going down the rabbit hole

  • @Karaage said:

    @DrDeepwound @Cixon

    Other concern I thought of, is that increasing Exit numbers is not possible on some maps, like Lery's, Stranger Things, Silent Hill, The Game, due to how these maps are structured. Redoing the maps could be too much work just for a fun gamemode, so they might be disabled?

    And having just 1 hatch should be enough, might be unfun for last survivor if one killer bodyblocks the hatch instead of closing it and powering up exit gates, but it's not gamebreaking and not a hostage situation.

    A lot of things would have to be re-arranged to fit the game-mode, not just the maps. I believe it would be 100% worth it because it would increase player count. Just think of how many people would talk about this game-mode? A lot.

    If done well, everyone would have a blast. They can start with only new 2 maps or extend existing maps. I don't think it would be MUCH work but it would need to be tested.

    The game is capable of multiple killers and survivors. There's videos of glitches like this so that wouldn't really need to be implemented.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    People think killers are miserable, isolated and depressed lonely people sitting in their cellars counting their 4ks, but really we are team players too. I want to team up with another killer and dance in the fog with my broithers and sisters as we all battle in the new, probably never gonna happen game mode.

    But we can all dream bros, gimme a hug I think I need one.

    want that hug?

    image.png

    provided the gif will gif

    edit: gif will not gif so have a picture instead

  • I would love to kill survivors with my gf. She mains Spirit and I know how to use Oni so the combo would be fantastic!

  • @Cixon said:

    I would love to kill survivors with my gf. She mains Spirit and I know how to use Oni so the combo would be fantastic!

    This is the Kill With Friends we really need.

  • For those of you saying the game isn't ready for this kind of game-mode:

    With the current state of the game; I agree.

    However, when cross-play releases comboed with player hit detection and chainsaw killer changes?; I disagree.

    • Cross-play; PC avgs 48.1k-53.3k players including windows store. With console, this would easily be around 105k players.


    • Player hit detection; This feature is suppose to detect if a hit should've counted or not. This combats latency and will fix the outcome of a match against a laggy killer/survivor.


    • MMR system; Though this feature hasn't been talked about much recently, MMR is an exact quantification of a player's skill level. Unlike the current ranking system, this new system calculates everything from wins, gens, hooks, and ten other things. It's a complex algorithm that fluctuates freely on a players wins or losses. This should fix matchmaking for good.

    With that being said. I think it's clear to say that a new game-mode should AT LEAST be considered to keep up with the slow pace of updates.

  • @DrDeepwound

    Sorry, didn't notice the hug part, but Chika got You


    Untitled Image


  • It would be unbalanced mess.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Cixon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437244#Comment_1437244

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436247#Comment_1436247

    2 killers is strong but so is 6 Survivors and 6 gens. If you think about it, killers can only really target 1 survivor at a time NOT including slugging. With 2 killers, that leaves 4 survivors on the loose. Though I agree that it wouldn't be easy for survivors to escape. It's definitely doable, specially with SWF.

    You can argue that 1 killer can patrol hooked survivors and 1 killer patrols gens but even at that, it wouldn't workout. Gens would be popped left and right specially with only 6 gens.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437090#Comment_1437090

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437071#Comment_1437071

    Of course! Maps would absolutely need to be increased by at least twice its size. 6 survivors would fill up the map and a extra killer would be even more hectic. I also think each map should add 2 more pallets and one more T and L loop or shack.

    In terms of the maps, the ones I chose are best imo just because of it's size and design.

    no, just read a thread about people complaining about tunneling. Killers do not care about losing pips or losing games. Even if the whole team escapes that one survivor will ######### about it. also looping would be a mess with 2 killers.

    accept it, it's a huge issued idea, which wouldn't be possible unless major gameplay changes.

  • Add a stacking movement speed debuff to the killers if they remain within 32m of eachother for too long called Noncompliance since the killers wouldn't work together in most circumstances. Increase map size, and double gens and doors amounts. Should work well enough and may make some useless perks workable and even create a new meta.

  • Would need a total rework of games maps and mechanics for it to be possible.

  • @Koukdw said:

    Would need a total rework of games maps and mechanics for it to be possible.

    agree. not sure about mechanics tho..

  • We do need a place in DBD where we can just relax, not sweat the ######### out, as you don't know if the other side will sweat too