Okay Seriously. Where is all the hype for FNaF coming from?

I've heard the idea tossed around for about as long as I've been playing DBD. Typically as a joke. But the last couple of weeks the hype for a Five Nights at Freddy's chapter has been getting pretty intense. My 11 year old son won't shut up about it. Which tells me he's been watching some youtube videos of people talking about it. WHY? Why all the sudden does this seem to be such a hot topic? Is it because of the Clown elephant and Legion bunny costumes that people seem to think this is the direction the game is going and now FNaF is a real possibility? I deeply, truly, passionately do not want FNaF in this game. Am I alone in this? I would love to hear from the Devs stating that it will never happen so the topic can be dropped.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I feel like it came after the Robbie skins for Legion. People who didn’t recognize the character kinda associated it with a FNAF style. On top of that, Pyramid Head opened the door for video game characters to join the game.

    At least this is what I guess happened. I personally wouldn’t like a FNAF chapter but I won’t rag on those who do.

  • Well... Kids are growing up. Just wait 5-10 years for Enderman request in DBD2...

  • 100% it's the rabbit Legion costume. They see something that looks like a mascot and go "WELL THAT MEANS FNAF IS OK."

    No, Silent Hill is ######### iconic. Fnaf is kids garbage.

    I really wish they'd condense it all into a megathread, because the ######### isn't even in the game and they're just flooding general discussion with "i think fnaf is really scary, and 5th grade is hard."

  • Little kids who watched pewdipie and Markiplier play FnaF when they were twelve and now they are 18.

  • @Dreamnomad 100% with you, man. I would be incredibly disappointed if that was one of the serious contenders to be included in the game. I would much rather see Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd than that crap

  • @anarchy753 said:

    100% it's the rabbit Legion costume. They see something that looks like a mascot and go "WELL THAT MEANS FNAF IS OK."

    No, Silent Hill is ######### iconic. Fnaf is kids garbage.

    I really wish they'd condense it all into a megathread, because the ######### isn't even in the game and they're just flooding general discussion with "i think fnaf is really scary, and 5th grade is hard."

    That made me chuckle, thanks for that.

  • @DeanWinchester said:

    I feel like it came after the Robbie skins for Legion. People who didn’t recognize the character kinda associated it with a FNAF style. On top of that, Pyramid Head opened the door for video game characters to join the game.

    At least this is what I guess happened. I personally wouldn’t like a FNAF chapter but I won’t rag on those who do.

    It was a thing long before the Robbie skins, it mostly just stems from the hype for more licensed Killers. That, and some Fnaf fans just want it to happen. I've mostly seen the community be indifferent about it, but it also sometimes goes from no to yes depending on who's commenting.

  • I hope not. Rumors hint that Candyman will be the killer and I hope that is true. No I don't want FNAF in this game either. It would be too goofy.

  • Something like fnaf in dead by daylight doesn't fit at all,and where do you know we gonna ge that?God I hope not,it would be awful.Give me candyman,alice madness,wendigos from until dawn,slenderman,even the one from the grudge would be better.

  • Okay seriously. Why is an 11 year old even interested in DbD? I mean I know there are kids in that age that can process it well enough but there are reasons why this game has an age restriction..

  • @Mooks said:

    Okay seriously. Why is an 11 year old even interested in DbD? I mean I know there are kids in that age that can process it well enough but there are reasons why this game has an age restriction..

    Please who even listens to age restrictions

  • @Mooks said:

    Okay seriously. Why is an 11 year old even interested in DbD? I mean I know there are kids in that age that can process it well enough but there are reasons why this game has an age restriction..

    I mean I used to play M rate games all the time back in the 360 days. Its not uncommon, especially these days, for kids to be playing M rated games now. But that's another can of worms to discuss, I don't personally want to start said discussion either.

  • Either someone copied all those "liberate" movements from the USA, in that they were all spawned by people with a vested interest in the concept, or it's just one of those things that pops up every now and then.

  • Well if you let your young children play mature games, don’t wonder why they ask for content they are also interested in for that game..

  • A crossover with FNAF would be a goldmine for BHVR, there's not doubt about that. Scott Cawthon is quite a generous and humble man so he'd be quite cooperative when it comes to these type of things. Springtrap would be the perfect choice as a killer.

    Also you absolutely cannot underestimate FNAF's sheer popularity, they have tons of merchandise and even an upcoming movie. That alone would give more than enough opportunity to do a FNAF chapter. Heck, I'd say FNAF is even bigger than DbD. And don't hate on the franchise just because lots of children happen to follow MatPat & Co. on their videos, the series is pretty much liked by all ages.

  • @Canas said:

    A crossover with FNAF would be a goldmine for BHVR, there's not doubt about that. Scott Cawthon is quite a generous and humble man so he'd be quite cooperative when it comes to these type of things. Springtrap would be the perfect choice as a killer.

    Also you absolutely cannot underestimate FNAF's sheer popularity, they have tons of merchandise and even an upcoming movie. That alone would give more than enough opportunity to do a FNAF chapter. Heck, I'd say FNAF is even bigger than DbD. And don't hate on the franchise just because lots of children happen to follow MatPat & Co. on their videos, the series is pretty much liked by all ages.

    Huge backlash.Probably never gonna be added.

  • Backlash? What backlash? Are you telling me people would seriously uninstall DbD just because a franchise they happen to dislike gets added to the game? Now that's just plain silly. What matters is pandering to the audience which is going to buy your game and content by giving them a character they're familiar and maybe even fond of. They already have the money of everyone else, this is about expanding.

  • @Deadsea said:

    I hope not. Rumors hint that Candyman will be the killer and I hope that is true. No I don't want FNAF in this game either. It would be too goofy.

    this game is already very goofy. But I agree that the next killer should not be from FNAF, also I doubt the next one is candyman, I think the Devs make like 2-3 original killers before they get a licensed one

  • Backlash.As in actual big backlash here.

    Why would you want a ''game'' if you could even call it that.

    Ok a ''thing'' that is marketed towards kids being in a M rated game?

  • What do all people have against FNAF recently?

    I personally didnt play it, but its a interessting concept and the plot that has to be puzzled together and leaves huge room for interpretation is something i like in every franchise that has it.

    But as a new killer in dbd i have other more urgent wishes, but i just hate that "its for kids" argument. Its such a childish point of view.

  • @Peace said:

    What do all people have against FNAF recently?

    I personally didnt play it, but its a interessting concept and the plot that has to be puzzled together and leaves huge room for interpretation is something i like in every franchise that has it.

    But as a new killer in dbd i have other more urgent wishes, but i just hate that "its for kids" argument. Its such a childish point of view.

    • Good concept? Sure, I guess. Already done to death (and better) by others? Definitely.
    • For kids? Maybe not, but most fans I've seen are children. However, I'm willing to chalk this up to a vocal minority.

    "Room for interpretation" is, IMO, synonymous with lazy writing. It's a way to pretend your writing is clever because it raises a bunch of supposedly interesting questions when you know damn well you have no answers and gave it no thought whatsoever. It's a good way to create a "hardcore" fanbase by making people endlessly debate which of their headcanons is best, but it's not compelling writing (again, IMO) if you take a step back and realize that there are no answers.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1430976#Comment_1430976

    • Good concept? Sure, I guess. Already done to death (and better) by others? Definitely.
    • For kids? Maybe not, but most fans I've seen are children. However, I'm willing to chalk this up to a vocal minority.

    "Room for interpretation" is, IMO, synonymous with lazy writing. It's a way to pretend your writing is clever because it raises a bunch of supposedly interesting questions when you know damn well you have no answers and gave it no thought whatsoever. It's a good way to create a "hardcore" fanbase by making people endlessly debate which of their headcanons is best, but it's not compelling writing (again, IMO) if you take a step back and realize that there are no answers.

    Interesting concept, yes. Its not overly on top or something, but was enough to watch through all games and i looked 1 or 2 plot videos where they puzzled everything together. And yea.. thats it.

    I understand your point of view with the lazy writing, i see that as a problem in many games or especially in horror movies, often its just bad writing and doesnt make much sense. The worst series i personally faced was "lost" just horrible the more i watched it.

    However in short what i liked is, that if you puzzle together the few hints that are given in the first 4 games, theres a nice little story behind it with that purple guy and that they are out of order depending on when they are set in time. The gameplay in itself is just a unfair puzzle and i wouldnt waste my time with that.

    I wouldnt recommend myself a hardcore fan, its just that argument i cant really take serious. Like people gotta bring up actual reasons to bring the conversation forward, instead running in circles with the "its for kids" "no its not" "its for kids" "no its not".

    Id like to see an alien chapter with ripley btw.

  • @Canas said:

    A crossover with FNAF would be a goldmine for BHVR, there's not doubt about that. Scott Cawthon is quite a generous and humble man so he'd be quite cooperative when it comes to these type of things. Springtrap would be the perfect choice as a killer.

    Also you absolutely cannot underestimate FNAF's sheer popularity, they have tons of merchandise and even an upcoming movie. That alone would give more than enough opportunity to do a FNAF chapter. Heck, I'd say FNAF is even bigger than DbD. And don't hate on the franchise just because lots of children happen to follow MatPat & Co. on their videos, the series is pretty much liked by all ages.

    Would definitely not say Fnaf is bigger then Dbd not by a longshot, thing is there are far better licenses to go after then..Fnaf..ugh

  • This whole community really hates FNaF.

  • The hype comes from the same place as the Hellraiser and Candyman chapter predictions...the 23 hours a day play DBD streamers.

  • @Peace said:

    What do all people have against FNAF recently?

    I personally didnt play it, but its a interessting concept and the plot that has to be puzzled together and leaves huge room for interpretation is something i like in every franchise that has it.

    But as a new killer in dbd i have other more urgent wishes, but i just hate that "its for kids" argument. Its such a childish point of view.

    Ironically, you pretty much hit the nail on the head without realizing it. The genius of FNAF is the background lore that requires lots of deductive reasoning and even then can't be proven no matter how good your theory gets which in turn causes demand for more content and more lore reveal. Anybody who enjoys theorizing and searching for clues and data is going to love this kind of thing. Meanwhile people who don't like to think are going to hate this kind of content. It's why a significantly large amount of people so anti-FNAF have such stupid reasoning. Saying how the game is made for children when it's so blatantly obvious that's not the case. Saying the lore is stupid and thoughtless when it's more complex than the lore for pretty much every character in this game. Saying it's all about jumpscares and things with jumpscares have no place in DbD which would also mean pretty much all the licensed content in this game has no place in DbD.

    Of course, there are the people who don't want FNAF who are capable of making actual logical arguments like how there's a bunch of other licensed characters that should come into the game before FNAF or how there's no good survivor choice for a FNAF chapter. But those people are generally rather just not interesting in such a chapter rather than adamant about having it never added to the game.

  • They will not do another licensed killer. Not seen them do 2 in a row. Maybe next licensed killer in 6 months? (After 2 original killers).

  • @MeatBycicle said:

    Little kids who watched pewdipie and Markiplier play FnaF when they were twelve and now they are 18.

    I still watch PewDiePie and Markiplier to this day, what's your point?


    Memento mori. Unus annus.

  • @TheHentity said:

    There is no hype, dont confuse 10 new accounts spamming nonsense with hype

    @FregglesFred said:

    This whole community really hates FNaF.

    Well, actual evidence seems to claim otherwise.

    Springtrap from Five Nights at Freddy's 3 in Dead by Daylight

    In somewhere around 2 weeks, it got over 36,000 signatures and is continuing to climb at a pretty steady rate. It's quickly on its way to surpassing the average active player count for the game. You can pretend you're right and everybody thinks what you think and anything else can't possibly be true, but reality isn't going to conform to your self centered delusions.

  • I think it was mostly Silent Hill being added. Before that, we just got horror movie icons. Now we could get video game characters as well. I don't personally believe that fnaf will be added, but it's a real possibility now.

  • I believe it's all of the children that are currently out of school for summer break.

  • @skarsguts said:

    I believe it's all of the children that are currently out of school for summer break.

    you say that like kids haven't been out of school for multiple months now already

  • I'm a 30 year old man that has only played the first FNAF game, but have seen MatPat's lore videos on the whole series. All the edge lords hating on FNAF because "kids play the games" are completely discrediting the horror story within the franchise. The lore is honestly the best part and is extremely well-written by Scott. It's tiers above "spooky man in mask hunts teens for fun". Get off your high horses 🙄

  • I’m not a fan of FNAF in general but nobody should ever shut someone’s idea’s down.Yes it’s very unlikely that FNAF would ever see the light in DBD but all idea’s are welcomed.I mean if someone doesn’t like someone else’s idea’s they shouldn’t post any rude/sarcastic comments.Just remember if you have nothing to contribute to a thread refrain from posting.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431240#Comment_1431240

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431702#Comment_1431702

    Well, actual evidence seems to claim otherwise.

    https://www.change.org/p/springtrap-from-five-nights-at-freddy-s-3-in-dead-by-daylight

    In somewhere around 2 weeks, it got over 36,000 signatures and is continuing to climb at a pretty steady rate. It's quickly on its way to surpassing the average active player count for the game. You can pretend you're right and everybody thinks what you think and anything else can't possibly be true, but reality isn't going to conform to your self centered delusions.

    And how many of those "36,000" signatures are composed of consistent players as opposed to random FNAF fans coming out of the woodworks to support their franchise?

  • @TheHentity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431753#Comment_1431753

    jeez you have some issues there man, frustrated that you are a fan of something that appeals to 12 year olds exclusively or something?

    Honestly its like a brony or however its spelled desperately trying to convince the world that My Little Pony is not for 8 year old girls.

    ANYWHO, yeah 36000 signatures, quickly on its way to surpass the average active player count for the game...nothing at all fishy about that huh?

    Dude, what the heck? That was completely unprovoked. He attacked an argument and you attacked him. There was 0 justification for that. You can have your opinions about FNaF; I won't stop you, but if it gets to the point where you attack other people then I feel like that becomes an issue.

  • @TheHentity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431938#Comment_1431938

    I doubt most of them are even people to be honest.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431898#Comment_1431898

    Yeah because thats the story of anything currently in dbd...

    But go ahead, what is so "extremely well-written" then?

    You can do your own research. You use google I assume?

  • @TheHentity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431945#Comment_1431945

    " You can pretend you're right and everybody thinks what you think and anything else can't possibly be true, but reality isn't going to conform to your self centered delusions."

    You want to reconsider perhaps?

    I can agree that what he said wasn't the most nicely worded thing ever either, and I'd recommend he'd reword that in a less hostile manner, but that doesn't really justify attacking him in return.

  • This place is probably one of the most "anti-FNaF" parts of the DbD community I've seen. The Reddit seems more accepting of the idea, and YouTube especially.

    If you want FNaF, that's great. If not, no big deal. But for the love of all things holy, please make sure that you give the game a fair chance before stating your opinion.

    At this point, I'll probably stop defending a FNaF chapter. Not because I no longer support the idea, but rather because I see a lot of the same points recycled, a lot of which are subjective or unprovable, so I'll let people stay true to their opinions. I'll always support the idea, and so will many others.

    I've always been happy for people who got to see their dream license come to DbD, all that I ask is that, if FNaF gets added, you guys do the same for me.

  • I don't want to see in the game too! FNaF is COMPLETELY another horror game. Will they add Purple Man or something? Okay, it's a good idea but it just destroys the atmosphere of whole game.

  • It's not hype, it's more that 1 or 2 people created discussions about it then everyone decided to keep it alive by creating their own discussions.

  • @TheHentity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431955#Comment_1431955

    Google will tell me what you think is so "Extremely well written"?

    Do you have a blog about it so that I will find when I google it?

    This is about you making claims, this is YOUR opinion on it, and considering how easily you reduced the story of known characters currently in dbd to being so basic its ridiculous, im quite interested in what you consider so, again, "extremely well written".

    You've already proven my point. You have no knowledge of the game's lore and have already made up your mind on the franchise as a whole. It's not my job to educate you lol.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    I've heard the idea tossed around for about as long as I've been playing DBD. Typically as a joke. But the last couple of weeks the hype for a Five Nights at Freddy's chapter has been getting pretty intense. My 11 year old son won't shut up about it. Which tells me he's been watching some youtube videos of people talking about it. WHY? Why all the sudden does this seem to be such a hot topic? Is it because of the Clown elephant and Legion bunny costumes that people seem to think this is the direction the game is going and now FNaF is a real possibility? I deeply, truly, passionately do not want FNaF in this game. Am I alone in this? I would love to hear from the Devs stating that it will never happen so the topic can be dropped.

    To explain. Silent Hill is a video game franchise which came with the rabbit costume for legion. So some people think it would be nice to get some FNAF. Granted, they're way of trying to convince people is to spam the forums and annoy everyone. But I don't personally care either way, I would rather we get it maybe two or so years down the line, that way we get some of the bigger licences and FNAF mature more. Sidenote, you don't actually let your kid play the games do you? If so you've got quite the tough kid.

    TLDR: People see a small chance and keep annoying everyone.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    I've heard the idea tossed around for about as long as I've been playing DBD. Typically as a joke. But the last couple of weeks the hype for a Five Nights at Freddy's chapter has been getting pretty intense. My 11 year old son won't shut up about it. Which tells me he's been watching some youtube videos of people talking about it. WHY? Why all the sudden does this seem to be such a hot topic? Is it because of the Clown elephant and Legion bunny costumes that people seem to think this is the direction the game is going and now FNaF is a real possibility? I deeply, truly, passionately do not want FNaF in this game. Am I alone in this? I would love to hear from the Devs stating that it will never happen so the topic can be dropped.

    It started on plebbit. Then they started posting in these forums after some artists made some mockups of fake material. Then the youtuber "The King" saw it either from here or probably plebbit. Now everyone's talking about it and I just don't care about it.

  • @TheHentity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432017#Comment_1432017

    I have knowledge, at this point Im thinking its you who is lacking a bit or driven in a corner when called out on your own (seemingly bs) claims.

    Gotta love how you think your opinion on what is or isnt well written is an "education" for other people, talk about a high horse....

    You made a statement, Im asking you to follow up on that and I get absolutely nothing, soooo are you afraid or ashamed that maybe what you want to bring forward as being so "extremely well written" is actually just generic, done to death, crap?

    Like I love the movie Event Horizon, plenty of it is mighty silly but the concept that what we perceive/imagine is Hell is actually a place that is just really far away from here that can be reached with a space ship, that to me was pretty excellent and thought provoking writing for that movie, but again plenty of it is bad and I can go on about a lot of things in this same manner.

    So again, I ask you to put your money where you mouth is and provide some of that "extremely well written" story of FNAF.

    Again you prove my point. Why would I try to convince you of something that is subjective? I can't convince you the game's lore is "extremely well-written", but to me and many others, it is.

    I'm referring to you not having knowledge of the game's lore. If you are judging the game by it's gameplay and young audience without knowing what it's actually about, that's on you.

    I don't feel driven into a corner at all. I'm just not going to sit here and explain the entirety of FNAF lore to someone who already has made up their mind.

    If you actually care to learn about it, there are plenty of youtube videos available to you.

  • @DeadHardMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431753#Comment_1431753

    And how many of those "36,000" signatures are composed of consistent players as opposed to random FNAF fans coming out of the woodworks to support their franchise?

    Isn't that just proving to the Devs of DbD then that they SHOULD consider this if it'll get them that many new players/opportunities to sell cosmetics based off this series?

    @TheVVitch said:

    I'm a 30 year old man that has only played the first FNAF game, but have seen MatPat's lore videos on the whole series. All the edge lords hating on FNAF because "kids play the games" are completely discrediting the horror story within the franchise. The lore is honestly the best part and is extremely well-written by Scott. It's tiers above "spooky man in mask hunts teens for fun". Get off your high horses 🙄

    Dude, I've never even touched a single title in the series but I've watched hours of mystery/lore dive videos on it. The amount of attention given to detail is honestly insane. When I got to Game Theory guys video and he went on a tangent about the paycheck and did the math I was ######### busting up because who the ######### really does that amount of work to create a world so grounded and consistent? The creator of FNAF, apparently.

    @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431240#Comment_1431240

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431702#Comment_1431702

    Well, actual evidence seems to claim otherwise.

    https://www.change.org/p/springtrap-from-five-nights-at-freddy-s-3-in-dead-by-daylight

    In somewhere around 2 weeks, it got over 36,000 signatures and is continuing to climb at a pretty steady rate. It's quickly on its way to surpassing the average active player count for the game. You can pretend you're right and everybody thinks what you think and anything else can't possibly be true, but reality isn't going to conform to your self centered delusions.

    Much thanks for posting this, gonna go sign it now.

  • @TheHentity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431753#Comment_1431753

    jeez you have some issues there man, frustrated that you are a fan of something that appeals to 12 year olds exclusively or something?

    Honestly its like a brony or however its spelled desperately trying to convince the world that My Little Pony is not for 8 year old girls.

    ANYWHO, yeah 36000 signatures, quickly on its way to surpass the average active player count for the game...nothing at all fishy about that huh?

    Stating that Five Nights at Freddy's appeals to 12 year olds exclusively is stupid for two reasons. First, for some ridiculous reason you set a very limited target that's a pratical impossibility for any game to hit let alone FNAF. Second, any actual gameplay documentation is almost always from somebody significantly older than 12. Implying MLP and FNAF have similar target age audiences is just even more proof of close minded delusion.

    Yeah, nothing fishy about that many signatures for me because I'm focused on reality rather than my close minded little world where everybody must like what I like and hate what I hate.

    @DeadHardMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431753#Comment_1431753

    And how many of those "36,000" signatures are composed of consistent players as opposed to random FNAF fans coming out of the woodworks to support their franchise?

    I'd wager it's probly around half right now, but the FNAF fans are probly going to overtake the DbD players soon if they haven't already. But that's actually all the more reason for DbD to introduce an FNAF chapter.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    I've heard the idea tossed around for about as long as I've been playing DBD. Typically as a joke. But the last couple of weeks the hype for a Five Nights at Freddy's chapter has been getting pretty intense. My 11 year old son won't shut up about it. Which tells me he's been watching some youtube videos of people talking about it. WHY? Why all the sudden does this seem to be such a hot topic? Is it because of the Clown elephant and Legion bunny costumes that people seem to think this is the direction the game is going and now FNaF is a real possibility? I deeply, truly, passionately do not want FNaF in this game. Am I alone in this? I would love to hear from the Devs stating that it will never happen so the topic can be dropped.

    Actually Matt Cote when asked didn’t shut it down so it’s a possibility

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1430792#Comment_1430792

    I still watch PewDiePie and Markiplier to this day, what's your point?

    Memento mori. Unus annus.

    That you are the type of person who is asking for this.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/170724/okay-seriously-where-is-all-the-hype-for-fnaf-coming-from

    It started on plebbit. Then they started posting in these forums after some artists made some mockups of fake material. Then the youtuber "The King" saw it either from here or probably plebbit. Now everyone's talking about it and I just don't care about it.

    I've never heard of plebbit before. That explanation makes as much sense as anything though. Thanks for the answer.

‹ 1 2