Okay Seriously. Where is all the hype for FNaF coming from?

I've heard the idea tossed around for about as long as I've been playing DBD. Typically as a joke. But the last couple of weeks the hype for a Five Nights at Freddy's chapter has been getting pretty intense. My 11 year old son won't shut up about it. Which tells me he's been watching some youtube videos of people talking about it. WHY? Why all the sudden does this seem to be such a hot topic? Is it because of the Clown elephant and Legion bunny costumes that people seem to think this is the direction the game is going and now FNaF is a real possibility? I deeply, truly, passionately do not want FNaF in this game. Am I alone in this? I would love to hear from the Devs stating that it will never happen so the topic can be dropped.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Mooks said:

    Okay seriously. Why is an 11 year old even interested in DbD? I mean I know there are kids in that age that can process it well enough but there are reasons why this game has an age restriction..

    I don't really want to de-rail my own thread but plenty of young kids play violent video games. My son doesn't really play very much but he'll watch me on occasion. As far as violent games go, DBD isn't all that bad imho. The mori's are the most gory thing and they don't happen all that often. The stuff that bothers my son the most about the game is the impossibility of everything. How survivors can have a hook impale them and they are fine a minute later. How survivors repair generators with their bare hands (no tools). How the Huntress gets blood all over the screen when she hits someone with a hatchet from 20 meters away. Those are the kind of things that upset him about DBD.

  • There’s not many killers that I wouldn’t be okay with and I can’t think of any off the top of my head besides real-life killers since they shouldn’t be glorified in any way.

    Springtrap would be a fine addition. I’d rather have Xenomorph, Jason, etc...but I see no problem with Springtrap.

    People who use the excuse “FnAf Is FoR cHiLdReN” are just making excuses. DBD has it’s fair share of squeakers and adding a FNAF chapter isn’t gonna overrun the game with any more 9 year olds than there already currently is.

  • @branchini1979 said:

    They will not do another licensed killer. Not seen them do 2 in a row. Maybe next licensed killer in 6 months? (After 2 original killers).

    The data-mines show the files for next two killer can only be purchased with auric cells (Licensed)

    and they did Leatherface Freddy Pig in a row.

  • @MeatBycicle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431749#Comment_1431749

    That you are the type of person who is asking for this.

    Wow, I asked for this? When?

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    I've heard the idea tossed around for about as long as I've been playing DBD. Typically as a joke. But the last couple of weeks the hype for a Five Nights at Freddy's chapter has been getting pretty intense. My 11 year old son won't shut up about it. Which tells me he's been watching some youtube videos of people talking about it. WHY? Why all the sudden does this seem to be such a hot topic? Is it because of the Clown elephant and Legion bunny costumes that people seem to think this is the direction the game is going and now FNaF is a real possibility? I deeply, truly, passionately do not want FNaF in this game. Am I alone in this? I would love to hear from the Devs stating that it will never happen so the topic can be dropped.

    I'm assuming you just see FNaF as a jumpscare fest. And to a certain degree, that is correct. For the older games. The more recent media is not jumpscare laden and in fact is much more scary than it was. You could also argue that Stranger Things is geared towards children, but that is in the game. FNaF has extended past games with books and other things. People don't want spring trap in the game because he is a walking talking ooga booga man, it's because he was a serial child killer stuck in a rotten mascot suit. The idea of springtrap is that what drives people in. I would love a FNaF chapter.

  • The buying power of people who grew up with fnaf is going up.

  • Probably just a content creator said something so thier fan boys and girls are licking their butts to get the attention on their chat 🤣

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/170724/okay-seriously-where-is-all-the-hype-for-fnaf-coming-from

    I'm assuming you just see FNaF as a jumpscare fest. And to a certain degree, that is correct. For the older games. The more recent media is not jumpscare laden and in fact is much more scary than it was. You could also argue that Stranger Things is geared towards children, but that is in the game. FNaF has extended past games with books and other things. People don't want spring trap in the game because he is a walking talking ooga booga man, it's because he was a serial child killer stuck in a rotten mascot suit. The idea of springtrap is that what drives people in. I would love a FNaF chapter.

    I think I can safely say that Stranger Things has a much wider fan base than FNaF. The cast is young but I don't think the intended audience is children. On the other hand I've never heard an adult talk about FNaF other than perhaps mentioning their child plays it in the same sentence.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1433057#Comment_1433057

    I think I can safely say that Stranger Things has a much wider fan base than FNaF. The cast is young but I don't think the intended audience is children. On the other hand I've never heard an adult talk about FNaF other than perhaps mentioning their child plays it in the same sentence.

    The target audience for fnaf is young adults, hence why you don't see many older adults talking about it.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1430976#Comment_1430976

    Ironically, you pretty much hit the nail on the head without realizing it. The genius of FNAF is the background lore that requires lots of deductive reasoning and even then can't be proven no matter how good your theory gets which in turn causes demand for more content and more lore reveal. Anybody who enjoys theorizing and searching for clues and data is going to love this kind of thing. Meanwhile people who don't like to think are going to hate this kind of content. It's why a significantly large amount of people so anti-FNAF have such stupid reasoning. Saying how the game is made for children when it's so blatantly obvious that's not the case. Saying the lore is stupid and thoughtless when it's more complex than the lore for pretty much every character in this game. Saying it's all about jumpscares and things with jumpscares have no place in DbD which would also mean pretty much all the licensed content in this game has no place in DbD.

    Of course, there are the people who don't want FNAF who are capable of making actual logical arguments like how there's a bunch of other licensed characters that should come into the game before FNAF or how there's no good survivor choice for a FNAF chapter. But those people are generally rather just not interesting in such a chapter rather than adamant about having it never added to the game.

    Actually that was my point, nice that this forum always proves my wrong in thinking the people here are overly toxic or childish.

    Enough said about FNAF, but the whole DbD plot in itself has to be kind of puzzled together and delivers great points to discuss about. Like the entrys in the rift.

    So this is also why i play DbD, but would never play FNAF, because not only the lore, but the gameplay in itself appeals to me. So, you really put everything together i thought about. Great work. 😀

1 2 ›