LOVE the new idea for built in Blood Warden
I, like many killers i'm sure, really like Blood Warden as a perk. The issue is that there are usually better perks to equip. However having a built in BW would be really nice because it would just feel better for the killer at the endgame point to hook someone, which then entices the survivor for the save, which then allows you to get other survivors etc.
On top of that, having BW activated as long as someone is on the hook, as opposed to a one time use for the first hook for 60 seconds is also real nice.
Not much really to say for me other than do it. JUST DO IT!!!
All credit goes to Shia Labouf
Comments
Agreed. I think it's a wonderful idea for endgame, for both killers and survivors. It'll force survivors to prioritize leaving the match, which will mitigate matches being held hostage, and will also entice the killer to step away from the final hook, as they'll be able to hook someone else and prolong the BW effect.
It could make for some really clutch plays on both sides.
Wonderful idea as long as your positioning isn't given away to the killer. Sure, don't let Survivors escape when someone is hooked, but don't give me up if I'm hiding near the exit.
I am curious though, If BW does get built in for all killers, that would surely mean that Freddy will need a new perk.
I think that would be interesting to see.
The position wouldn't be given away, as long as the survivor is on the hook the bloodwarden effect would stay up
so a quick save or use of a perk to jump off and everyone escapes scot free. still a tiny bit better then nothing.
Yupp I mean it makes the end game more interesting cause there is more at stake
It would still make it better than BW is right now though, plus it wouldn't require you to use a perk slot for it
A killer could use it to snowball the match in their favor at end game. If they can catch a second person and hook them, that BW effect will stay active even if the first person is unhooked. There's no time limit in this version. So long as someone is hooked, nobody can leave.
That totally sounds as a free kill to me...
There would still be some counter play to it though, if the killer does hook someone and camps them with BW active, then all the other 3 survivors need to do is wait at the gate and then leave when it is done. It may indeed mean the inevitable demise of 1 survivor, but in that respect nothing will have changed because a killer will usually camp a survivor anyway if the gates are powered.
What this adds though is the option of a snowball effect. If a killer chooses to, they can leave the hook, find another survivor without fear of them escaping, and then hook them while the first gets rescued. The BW would still be active but it makes it less of a necessity to camp the survivor, just to get any reward for your labour.
Wait is this something that the devs are actually considering or is this just a discussion between people that like the idea?
There is a part of the Q and A where I believe Horvath talks about BW becoming built in to help the endgame for killers. They all seem quite keen on the idea as well!
Oh that's interesting.
This is how I feel sadly...
You never know, they talk about lots of ideas so you never know what they will come up with next
I have been running BW instead of Ruin at R1 lately.
Its main benefit is the element of surprise. If it was always a thing everyone would just leave before you can get the survivor to the hook or hide.
I admit this could potentially become a problem, but at the same time it may also become a form of pressure on the survivors that, if they don't get out of the gate quick enough, they aren't going anywhere.
I actually like this idea a lot.
I have always said this. This game needs more mechanics for both sides.
The game should be in phases. Find gas for the generators for the early game, repair generators for the mid game, and this BW effect for the late game could be interesting.
If they are gonna give killers mechanics like this, I actually am okay with giving survivors inbuilt kindred effect etc.
Maybe they can give survivors scoring events like no one left behind. So it forces them to stay in the game and work for the extra bloodpoints etc.
That is actually EXACTLY what I was thinking, if BW gets built in, then Kindred being built in also seems less crappy for the killer because at least both sides have something to be concerned about.
May not even happen judging by all the ideas that went into the trash can...
This will also be good against swf because if one of them get caught 9/10 they all will try to save.
My only concern from a killer POV what happen if the survivor you hooked was on their last hook. Would the Gates just automatically be block for 60 seconds or what?
I'd be cool with seeing Blood Warden built in but I'd question what replacement perk would Freddy get? Blood Warden would be good as a base mechanic though because SWF tend to ruin the entire aspect of this perk anyway. One survivor in an SWF gets eliminated and then they just tell their party the entire killer loadout. Then if someone gets downed as the gates are powered the survivors just 99 the gate until they see the hook notification.
I don't think BW should be a basic ability of killers, it should stay as a perk, but they do need to make the perk better and easier to proc. If someone is on a hook when gates are open it should work, you shouldn't have to wait until they are open to use it.
As a survivor main I love the idea of it being in the base game. I think it would make the game 'healthier' there would be less BM because survivors would actually be too scared to stay around. Also it gives a great sense of urgency, that you have to actually escape from something rather than just wait around until you're forced out of the game