Caging is useless now.

You cage a survivor, he's insta saved but you don't even know where he is. You can lose all your momentum because of this lack of information. Thanks BHVR for making the new killer trash. At least give him a buff on another aspect of his power to compensate. It seems like he's just a weaker huntress now

Comments

  • How about you cage a survivor and then go patrol gens instead of going back to the cage to tunnel him?

  • Usually I know where the cage will be before I even send them to it, and that's only with a rather limited playtime on him. Poking around to pinpoint it exactly shouldn't take too long. The relocation part sounds spectacular though, for the killer, and you have to remember it's still a free hookstate against ds. Seriously relocating hook survivors is such an interesting ability to have.

  • Us Legion mains know all too well how the story goes man.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    How about you cage a survivor and then go patrol gens instead of going back to the cage to tunnel him?

    Because as a killer, you have to kill as soon as possible. Hooking everyone 2 times before killing is the worst tactic possible.

  • Another licensed killer I won't even bother buying

    My advice is that you should always wait for the hotfix before buying a licensed chapter

  • They did "fix a bug" and there's a noise notification when a save from a cage happens now, but I do agree that the lack of information is absolutely massive.

    @Respectfulnancymain said:

    How about you cage a survivor and then go patrol gens instead of going back to the cage to tunnel him?

    I personally used the auras of the cages to make it easy to discern where survivors were. If a save happened super quickly and there was a gen nearby, it's safe to assume the saver was on that gen and I should go there to disrupt the now two people working on a gen. If I cage one person and hook two others in quick succession, it is safe to assume the cage is the target of the fourth survivor, but with the change it is now impossible to contest the cage until after the save has happened. It's drastically reduced his ability to apply pressure when using the cages in scenarios when you wouldn't be tunneling.

  • No, it just means you can't tunnel and camp the person in the cage anymore. The whole mechanic is about to prevent boring tunnelling. You could even camp the cage and nobody was able to save. So now you can't abuse it anymore and it's finally as it should be.

  • @Yautja_Warrior said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/167750/caging-is-useless-now

    No, No it's not.

    This change is to stop camping PH players like yourself.

    If you're complaining about not knowing where survivors are at then run bbq? Oh wait I thought majority of killers already ran it.

    FYI BBQ dosn't works with cages

  • He was always weaker than Huntress. Funny how people managed to win just fine as PH without having to resort to cage camping or tunnelling. Real shame anything had to be done in the first place.

  • To be honest you shouldn't have to go tunnel. If you want that info, hook them. But let me guess, you prefer cages because you dont like BT and DS.

  • So my q is, do survivors still get to see the yellow gen w his perk? Haven't been able to play for awhile. If that's the case, then that's complete bs.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    How about you cage a survivor and then go patrol gens instead of going back to the cage to tunnel him?

    Reformed yet? No more ToXiC nancymain?

  • @clem1710 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404371#Comment_1404371

    Because as a killer, you have to kill as soon as possible. Hooking everyone 2 times before killing is the worst tactic possible.

    Did I tell you to hook everyone twice before killing? No I did not

    You do realize that you're gonna find him again later on in the match right?

    If you love tunnling so much then dont use the cages --__--

  • Oh my god I cant tunnel survivors anymore, the killer must be trash now. - Killer mains, always.

    How about not playing like a scumbag?

  • I didn't even really use the cages like 90% of the time, I would just keep everyone tormented to see them easier because of the barbed wire and also to final judgement them on their death hook. Only in the very late game is when I would usually use cages when there's only like 2 survivors left. I've been using BBQ and Pop a lot for the points and gen regression and it's been working out for me with plenty of wins. Cages aren't as needed as much as everyone seems to think.

  • @Nurgling7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/167750/caging-is-useless-now

    Someone who actually gets it. Thank you. Bad Survivors too busy crab raving that they can rush uncages without thought now.

    Found the boring tunnelling killer that even writes ggez against solo players in the after chat. Disgusting.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You're forgetting that just last patch they fixed the loud noise indicator for cage saves.

    Not a big deal though

  • good thing they nerfed a B tier killer within 2 weeks but dont do anything significant to any of the c/d tier killers

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404381#Comment_1404381

    Did I tell you to hook everyone twice before killing? No I did not

    You do realize that you're gonna find him again later on in the match right?

    If you love tunnling so much then dont use the cages --__--

    "Don't use cages"

    Cages are his damn power. If I can't use them they are indeed useless

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    How about you cage a survivor and then go patrol gens instead of going back to the cage to tunnel him?

    Wait, that’s illegal

  • @clem1710 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404418#Comment_1404418

    "Don't use cages"

    Cages are his damn power. If I can't use them they are indeed useless

    I said "if you like tunneling then dont use cages" not just "dont use cages"

    maybe quote the full sentence next time?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404452#Comment_1404452

    It kinda is though? Generally speaking people will end up saving before you even have a chance to get over to the cage proper. All this does is discourage people from running straight over to a cage to tunnel/facecamp someone. If you use your brain, and I know that's hard for a lot of you around here, you can still determine a lot of information just by how the cage mechanic works and where the loud noise indicator goes off.

    I'd much prefer that they just fix the facecamp issue and make hook perks work in cages, but this change is fine too. Deal with it.

    No it's trash, they introduce a killer who is designed for tunneling and now they make him bad at what he is supposed to do.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    How about you cage a survivor and then go patrol gens instead of going back to the cage to tunnel him?

    agree...

  • @clem1710 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404468#Comment_1404468

    No it's trash, they introduce a killer who is designed for tunneling and now they make him bad at what he is supposed to do.

    No killer is "designed to tunnel." Their mechanics are exploited by tunnelers. If you guys didnt tunnel everyone out of cages, he wouldnt have gotten the nerf. Almost every ph were playing like that because they think he was "designed to tunnel." You got him nerfed yourself.

  • @clem1710 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404468#Comment_1404468

    No it's trash, they introduce a killer who is designed for tunneling and now they make him bad at what he is supposed to do.

    Except i don't believe he was designed for tunneling. By design, his cages put the survivor on the exact opposite end of the map from you. That means camping or tunneling a rescued survivor requires you to consciously go to where the cage is so you can be there upon rescue.

    It seems to me the idea was to create pressure by giving the Killer a way to "hook" survivors instantly without having to pick up and carry them. Unless the cage spawns literally next to another survivor someone still has to break away for the rescue.

    Is a trade off. You get increased momentum at the cost of making the person you caged easier to rescue.

  • @clem1710 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404468#Comment_1404468

    No it's trash, they introduce a killer who is designed for tunneling and now they make him bad at what he is supposed to do.

    Do you really think the developers sat down and said let's make a killer designed around tunneling? That's what their intention was? Come on, man...

    The killer is really good. You can avoid DS completely and get consistent hits on those who make use of windows and pallets.

  • No surprise they removed his power. Survivors always complain about new killers instead of learning how to counter them. And devs can't stand their ground as usual.

  • @DBD78 said:

    No surprise they removed his power. Survivors always complain about new killers instead of learning how to counter them. And devs can't stand their ground as usual.

    Exactly, this news should not come as a shock to anyone. I almost feel sorry for those who bought pyramid head, but I don't because fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

  • Are we completely forgetting that survivors can't stop you from caging someone, no flashlight, no pallet stuns, no taking hits, no breaking hooks... Cages aren't useless they are just more tactical. I am also assuming cages spawn in the same way.

    Also to the [BAD WORD] who haven't realized, you can actually use the new warping mechanic in your favor to move the cage around?

    Basically there are three reasons to hate these balance changes that I can think of

    • I want my free tunnel
    • I want my free camp
    • And maybe the most reasonable is, Information of where survivors are. Assuming they haven't changed spawn logic, you already know this. They are the furthest they can be from you. The bottom left tells you when they have been saved. You gain all the same information without the ease of tunneling and camping.
  • @clem1710 said:

    You cage a survivor, he's insta saved but you don't even know where he is. You can lose all your momentum because of this lack of information. Thanks BHVR for making the new killer trash. At least give him a buff on another aspect of his power to compensate. It seems like he's just a weaker huntress now

    Not really, you just need to be more thoughtful on when you use tge cage and not try and rely on tunneling to win. If for instance you use tge cage to avoud ds thats better than slugging in some situatiins. If you down the person near the gens you want to save you can send them across the map away from those gens.

  • You do realize that caging still completely negates DS, Borrowed Time, Kindred, and pretty much every other hook perk right? It's way too oppressive for the killer to be able to camp so effectively at that location with pretty much 0 counterplay. It especially sucked for Solo Survivors.

  • @mouse0270 said:

    Are we completely forgetting that survivors can't stop you from caging someone, no flashlight, no pallet stuns, no taking hits, no breaking hooks... Cages aren't useless they are just more tactical. I am also assuming cages spawn in the same way.

    Also to the [BAD WORD] who haven't realized, you can actually use the new warping mechanic in your favor to move the cage around?

    Basically there are three reasons to hate these balance changes that I can think of

    • I want my free tunnel
    • I want my free camp
    • And maybe the most reasonable is, Information of where survivors are. Assuming they haven't changed spawn logic, you already know this. They are the furthest they can be from you. The bottom left tells you when they have been saved. You gain all the same information without the ease of tunneling and camping.

    The futhest point is sometimes hard to guess if you cage someone in the center of the map

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404480#Comment_1404480

    Except i don't believe he was designed for tunneling. By design, his cages put the survivor on the exact opposite end of the map from you. That means camping or tunneling a rescued survivor requires you to consciously go to where the cage is so you can be there upon rescue.

    It seems to me the idea was to create pressure by giving the Killer a way to "hook" survivors instantly without having to pick up and carry them. Unless the cage spawns literally next to another survivor someone still has to break away for the rescue.

    Is a trade off. You get increased momentum at the cost of making the person you caged easier to rescue.

    With this nerf, 9 times out of 10, it's a free insta save for survivors, with no risk, no info for the killer, nothing.

  • @mouse0270 said:

    Are we completely forgetting that survivors can't stop you from caging someone, no flashlight, no pallet stuns, no taking hits, no breaking hooks... Cages aren't useless they are just more tactical. I am also assuming cages spawn in the same way.

    Also to the [BAD WORD] who haven't realized, you can actually use the new warping mechanic in your favor to move the cage around?

    Basically there are three reasons to hate these balance changes that I can think of

    • I want my free tunnel
    • I want my free camp
    • And maybe the most reasonable is, Information of where survivors are. Assuming they haven't changed spawn logic, you already know this. They are the furthest they can be from you. The bottom left tells you when they have been saved. You gain all the same information without the ease of tunneling and camping.

    Counterpoint, since I've been arguing that third bullet for an hour now. If I'm in the center of the map, say Crotus Penn, I have no clue where that cage went. Sure if I'm on one part of Azarov's dumbell shape I know they went to the other, but from the middle of a map? You have no idea.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    Another licensed killer I won't even bother buying

    My advice is that you should always wait for the hotfix before buying a licensed chapter

    Why because of a little change it’s like if you won’t buy Freddy cause they removed his hat pyramid head is fine I bet he will be just the same before the change

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Has anyone even considered that this was not done because of complaining, but because of info the devs see on their side? They can see kill counts, hook counts, match lengths, etc. Maybe the information they’ve been collecting and looking at showed that pyramid heads who hang around the cages too long have abnormally high kill rates compared to all other killers. Perhaps this is an attempt to balance him so he lines up better with average results of other killers.

    Yeah, you mean the same kind of info they get when they say that legion is fine because he has a good killrate, or that 4 man swf represent only 5% of the matches? Nice

  • @clem1710 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404544#Comment_1404544

    The futhest point is sometimes hard to guess if you cage someone in the center of the map

    @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404544#Comment_1404544

    Counterpoint, since I've been arguing that third bullet for an hour now. If I'm in the center of the map, say Crotus Penn, I have no clue where that cage went. Sure if I'm on one part of Azarov's dumbell shape I know they went to the other, but from the middle of a map? You have no idea.

    The problem you have here is this, yes the devs are never going to punish killers for camping/tunneling, they have actually said quite the opposite and defended it as a playstyle killers are allowed to use. HOWEVER many of the devs have said that the don't want to reward players for this playstyle. Yes their are perks that help you, but there are many more that discourage it (BBQ, BT, DS, Make You're Choice, Devour). All of these perks reward you for being away from the hook not near it.

    The problem with Triangle head is two fold, one his cages don't care about hook related perks, so all of these perks that encourage killers to not camp/tunnel don't apply to him. So you had many killers abusing this. I know it wasn't everyone, but it was enough to make a point.

    Now before I get accused of being a survivor main that just cry's, I would like to say I do hope they come back around and make another choice, which is: The survivor screams when released from a cage. This way a killer can know that 1 someone was rescued and where that rescue roughly happened. This still provides killers with information but at the same time discourages tunneling and camping cages.

  • @clem1710 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404418#Comment_1404418

    "Don't use cages"

    Cages are his damn power. If I can't use them they are indeed useless

    You can still use them. Just not to CAMP AND TUNNEL.

  • @clem1710 said:

    You cage a survivor, he's insta saved but you don't even know where he is. You can lose all your momentum because of this lack of information. Thanks BHVR for making the new killer trash. At least give him a buff on another aspect of his power to compensate. It seems like he's just a weaker huntress now

    Caging was pretty much always useless, I've faced many who would hook twice and insta kill while they could've caged

  • @mouse0270 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404561#Comment_1404561

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404565#Comment_1404565

    The problem you have here is this, yes the devs are never going to punish killers for camping/tunneling, they have actually said quite the opposite and defended it as a playstyle killers are allowed to use. HOWEVER many of the devs have said that the don't want to reward players for this playstyle. Yes their are perks that help you, but there are many more that discourage it (BBQ, BT, DS, Make You're Choice, Devour). All of these perks reward you for being away from the hook not near it.

    The problem with Triangle head is two fold, one his cages don't care about hook related perks, so all of these perks that encourage killers to not camp/tunnel don't apply to him. So you had many killers abusing this. I know it wasn't everyone, but it was enough to make a point.

    Now before I get accused of being a survivor main that just cry's, I would like to say I do hope they come back around and make another choice, which is: The survivor screams when released from a cage. This way a killer can know that 1 someone was rescued and where that rescue roughly happened. This still provides killers with information but at the same time discourages tunneling and camping cages.

    They did supposedly give a noise notification when a save happens now so that idea is there.

    My problem with that is it's a free save and the killer only knows where it happened after it happened. I've played almost all PH since he came out when I'm killing, and there have been games where I have one or more cages up and when I down and hook the third survivor, I know SOMEONE has to be going for the cage because it's the currently available "need to stop the snowball" location. In those instances, I would head there and try to find and intercept the would-be rescuer. This is the exact same logic as someone who hooks two survivors...odds are everyone else saw survivor 2 get picked up and went for survivor 1, so heading back to pressure that save is an objectively good option. PHead is now denied of that option if he uses his cage. Feels extremely counter-intuitive. "Save time at the cost of information" when information is power in this game.

  • @clem1710 said:

    You cage a survivor, he's insta saved but you don't even know where he is. You can lose all your momentum because of this lack of information. Thanks BHVR for making the new killer trash. At least give him a buff on another aspect of his power to compensate. It seems like he's just a weaker huntress now

    You can still avoid DS and BT by caging, so no.

  • @DBD78 said:

    No surprise they removed his power. Survivors always complain about new killers instead of learning how to counter them. And devs can't stand their ground as usual.

    @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404536#Comment_1404536

    Exactly, this news should not come as a shock to anyone. I almost feel sorry for those who bought pyramid head, but I don't because fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

    They didnt remove his power. Lol. They altered it because people used it to just camp and tunnel even though it promotes the opposite.


    If balance changes is keeping you from buying a character, boy have I got some news for you..

    Or if it's because PH cant use his power AND camp/tunnel now, well learn to actually play killer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404586#Comment_1404586

    The last time we saw legion kill rates he wasn’t doing horrible and still above the 50% level. I play legion as well he’s better than what most people think. I thin swf is probably more at 10-15% of games as it’s probably grown larger in the past few months.

    I just don’t get angry at the devs like most people. Instead I try to reason and understand why they did what they did. They are a small team and can only do so much at a time. Someone is always going to be mad at them no matter what they do.

    Hummm 50% of my games at rank 1 are 3 or 4 men swf so their stats are flawed

  • Stop complaining, this needed to happen. Tunneling was absolutely ridiculous with this killer. You actually have to look for other survivors now and interact with thin not just chase and tunnel the easy target.

  • Is the OP actually bitching that they have a hard time tunneling with the killer who's power negates anti tunnel perks?

  • @clem1710 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404610#Comment_1404610

    Hummm 50% of my games at rank 1 are 3 or 4 men swf so their stats are flawed

    Hrmmm 3 and 4 man swf arent that common. So your stats are flawed.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Is the OP actually bitching that they have a hard time tunneling with the killer who's power negates anti tunnel perks?

    It was easy but now it will be a lot harder

  • Caging still does what it intended, allow you to keep momentum by not having to pick up and find a hook. Without needing to hook you can deny DS, We'll Make It, Breakdown, Kindred, flashlight saves, hook sabos, pallet stuns, etc. What you can no longer do is make your way over to the cage and prevent an unhook so easily, then immediately kill the person because they have no chance against you. I fail to see how taking away an abused mechanic makes it useless. I think what the OP meant to say was that tunneling out of cages is now harder to do. In that case, it's a rip.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1404620#Comment_1404620

    Do you sit there and check everyone’s profile? The stats are first off old from a couple of months back the last time they gave it out. Even if it is 50% that still means half your games are just a bunch of solos stuck together. Not every swf group is a commando swat team. I’ve never played in a swf match, but I assume most people are playing to have fun with their friends.

    Yes sir. I often check the profiles and swf teams are everywhere in red ranks. 4 man commandos are not that common, but when it happens, you realise how unbalanced is the game and you get litteraly stomped. Obviously, devs are not gonna change it because they would potentially lose money.

  • Poor thing. They might have to actually work for a kill.

‹ 1 2 3 … 5