Billy Questions. Any Help Is Welcomed.

Hello, if you don't know by now I am a killer main.

Nurse, Huntress, Spirit and now Pyramid Head are my top 4 killers.

I received a daily I typically skipped, get 3 downs with Billy's Chainsaw. I had a blast, I had a great time, and his chainsaw to my knowledge is strong. I was reluctant to venture out and try other killers when Nurse was my girl but here I am asking.

What's the deal with Billy? What are his powerful addons? What are good perk builds?

What BUGS does he have? Any help will do so that nothing comes as a surprise.

Please and Thank you.

Comments

  • Ohtofu made a Billy guide, it's still relevant. Add nurses infectious and shadowborn to his list of perks. Most curve billy's use double engravings or crack add-ons, but that'll just take lots of practice to get familiar with, I'm still learning, and kind of suck. Focus on charge and cool down as go to add-ons, even the commons are solid.

    Bugs include visual and noise bugs, his fov and animations were changed, as well as his saw hitbox from what I understand.

  • @ActulCasul said:

    Ohtofu made a Billy guide, it's still relevant. Add nurses infectious and shadowborn to his list of perks. Most curve billy's use double engravings or crack add-ons, but that'll just take lots of practice to get familiar with, I'm still learning, and kind of suck. Focus on charge and cool down as go to add-ons, even the commons are solid.

    Bugs include visual and noise bugs, his fov and animations were changed, as well as his saw hitbox from what I understand.

    I don't know what Crack Addons are. I hear Crack Billy and a bunch of other stuff but what are the addons?

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385216#Comment_1385216

    I don't know what Crack Addons are. I hear Crack Billy and a bunch of other stuff but what are the addons?

    Carb. Tuning guide and doom engravings. Insta saw is another common build, featuring tuning guide and the other moderately decreases charge time, name escapes me right now

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385216#Comment_1385216

    I don't know what Crack Addons are. I hear Crack Billy and a bunch of other stuff but what are the addons?

    Doom Engravings and CTG

  • For builds I usually run either aggressive perks or tracking perks, for the aggressive build it's usually enduring, spirit fury, bbq and infectious fright.

    For the tracking build it's usually whispers, bbq, enduring and nurse's calling, nurse's can be switched for infectious fright but up to you.

    The comments above basically mentioned the best addons so I just went ahead with builds.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    For builds I usually run either aggressive perks or tracking perks, for the aggressive build it's usually enduring, spirit fury, bbq and infectious fright.

    For the tracking build it's usually whispers, bbq, enduring and nurse's calling, nurse's can be switched for infectious fright but up to you.

    The comments above basically mentioned the best addons so I just went ahead with builds.

    Thank you both. =]

  • I am also returning to Billy and getting used to his Bugs. His animations are pretty #########, but it is not SO bad.

    Anyway, regarding Add Ons - you dont need Add Ons tbh. I run Billy without Add Ons and I am doing fine, he is strong enough without Add Ons. For the REALLY strong (or lets say - probably problematic) stuff:

    "Insta-Saw"-->Tuning Guide and Primer Bulb, really fast Charge Time

    "Crack-Billy"-->Tuning Guide and Engravings, makes it easier to curve

    Cooldown-->Just a lot of Cooldown. Makes missed Chainsaw Attacks not really have any punishment.


    Just go with what you like, basically Tuning Guide is always good and busted tbh, otherwise, brown Add Ons like Spark Plug and Vegetable Oil also already do a LOT.

    For Perks, I currently run BBQ, PGTW, Whispers and Enduring. BBQ for Points and Information, PGTW for Slowdown, Whispers to find people (which is pretty good with Billy, since you are racing over the Map), Enduring to ignore Pallets.

    Thinking about switching PGTW for Infectious Fright, also strong on Billy, but I have not changed my build in months and I dont even know if I have IF on Billy.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I am also returning to Billy and getting used to his Bugs. His animations are pretty #########, but it is not SO bad.

    Anyway, regarding Add Ons - you dont need Add Ons tbh. I run Billy without Add Ons and I am doing fine, he is strong enough without Add Ons. For the REALLY strong (or lets say - probably problematic) stuff:

    "Insta-Saw"-->Tuning Guide and Primer Bulb, really fast Charge Time

    "Crack-Billy"-->Tuning Guide and Engravings, makes it easier to curve

    Cooldown-->Just a lot of Cooldown. Makes missed Chainsaw Attacks not really have any punishment.

    Just go with what you like, basically Tuning Guide is always good and busted tbh, otherwise, brown Add Ons like Spark Plug and Vegetable Oil also already do a LOT.

    For Perks, I currently run BBQ, PGTW, Whispers and Enduring. BBQ for Points and Information, PGTW for Slowdown, Whispers to find people (which is pretty good with Billy, since you are racing over the Map), Enduring to ignore Pallets.

    Thinking about switching PGTW for Infectious Fright, also strong on Billy, but I have not changed my build in months and I dont even know if I have IF on Billy.

    Whoa, I literally screen shotted this. At the moment I'm using brown addons until I farm more BP and actually use the good stuff.

    Thank you. =]

  • You got 3 kind of billy players:


    basic ######### Billy: You use M1 a lot and love the perk bamboozle, green engraving with tuning guide also known as cracker Billy is a insta saw with fast speed. This build is often used by Billy players who think they are good but is actually pure garbage with him.


    Curve Billy: Green and yellow engraving, These Billy players will force you to drop pallets early and not loop at all in certain tiles cause they can make 180 degree with the chainsaw and give you no time to react. They are really dedicated on the M2 unlike the basic ######### Billy players. They will often bring infect fright and plan to slug a lot unless they need BP. Here is a quick video how he works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AueGkVXMlGc&t=23s

    Normal Billy: You use some good addons like insta saw, cooldown or bumper. Not much to say about this one you are just playing Billy like any other killer. You use M2 when you got the chance to, and m1 whenever it would end a chase faster. Typical perks is BBQ chili, pop, enduring, whispers, discordance, corrupt etc. You just play him "normally"

  • @Axe said:

    You got 3 kind of billy players:

    basic ######### Billy: You use M1 a lot and love the perk bamboozle, green engraving with tuning guide also known as cracker Billy is a insta saw with fast speed. This build is often used by Billy players who think they are good but is actually pure garbage with him.

    Curve Billy: Green and yellow engraving, These Billy players will force you to drop pallets early and not loop at all in certain tiles cause they can make 180 degree with the chainsaw and give you no time to react. They are really dedicated on the M2 unlike the basic ######### Billy players. They will often bring infect fright and plan to slug a lot unless they need BP. Here is a quick video how he works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AueGkVXMlGc&t=23s

    Normal Billy: You use some good addons like insta saw, cooldown or bumper. Not much to say about this one you are just playing Billy like any other killer. You use M2 when you got the chance to, and m1 whenever it would end a chase faster. Typical perks is BBQ chili, pop, enduring, whispers, discordance, corrupt etc. You just play him "normally"

    I'm interested in "Curve Billy" thank you. =]

  • His movement rework made him 10x weaker. Movement feels very non-athletic and super clunky. Camera movement after chainsaw runs are very difficult to control

  • @Nick said:

    His movement rework made him 10x weaker. Movement feels very non-athletic and super clunky. Camera movement after chainsaw runs are very difficult to control

    What movement rework? Only bugs I've encountered have been-

    When you run into an obstacle and instead of colliding on it, you stop for about 3 seconds and it makes no noise.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385638#Comment_1385638

    What movement rework? Only bugs I've encountered have been-

    When you run into an obstacle and instead of colliding on it, you stop for about 3 seconds and it makes no noise.

    his animation got reworked. but i guess its only a hindrance if you're used to his old movement. so you wont have an issue with it i think

  • @Nick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385642#Comment_1385642

    his animation got reworked. but i guess its only a hindrance if you're used to his old movement. so you wont have an issue with it i think

    Gotcha! Thanks. Yeah, he's literally new to me, WAY different than Nurse, Huntress and Spirit.

  • Rank 1 Billy here ^^

    For add ons, use charge and turn add ons. These may effect your muscle memory but if you're fine with that use them.

    For good perks, BBQ and Chili, Hex: Ruin, Whispers, PGTW, Endruing, Spirit Fury, Infectious Fright and M&A. My personal build is BBQ and Chili, Hex: Ruin, Whispers and either Enduring or Infectious Fright.

    Finally, bugs. He has some noise bugs, but they're usually minor if you know the timing of the chainsaw rather than judging it off noise.

    A major problem is that if you end your chainsaw just before colliding with an object, you can be stuck there for a few seconds, which I believe is due to the server thinking you collided where on your side you didn't.

  • @Cheers said:

    Rank 1 Billy here ^^

    For add ons, use charge and turn add ons. These may effect your muscle memory but if you're fine with that use them.

    For good perks, BBQ and Chili, Hex: Ruin, Whispers, PGTW, Endruing, Spirit Fury, Infectious Fright and M&A. My personal build is BBQ and Chili, Hex: Ruin, Whispers and either Enduring or Infectious Fright.

    Finally, bugs. He has some noise bugs, but they're usually minor if you know the timing of the chainsaw rather than judging it off noise.

    A major problem is that if you end your chainsaw just before colliding with an object, you can be stuck there for a few seconds, which I believe is due to the server thinking you collided where on your side you didn't.

    Thanks! They said the same thing when I started Nurse 3 years ago "Don't use Addons" I did and she became my favorite.

    Thank you, I'll be screen shotting this too. And yeah, that colliding bug happened to me a couple of times.

  • I am trying to get his adept and I am finding it hard because everyone dies too quickly.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    I am trying to get his adept and I am finding it hard because everyone dies too quickly.

    LOL! I did get 4ks' the first 3 times I played him about an hour ago. I'm back on Huntress farming more BPs.

    It's so difficult racking up "Brutality" though.

  • Hes the more nooby killer I knows, thats it.

  • Billy is fun! I use BBQ, pop, infectious/enduring and corrupt. Most of the time I don't use addons but when I do, I use charge and turn addons. I got my adept last night but being rank 8 killer, I guess it is a lot easier to pull of merciless than it is as a red rank killer.

  • @Axe said:

    You got 3 kind of billy players:

    basic ######### Billy: You use M1 a lot and love the perk bamboozle, green engraving with tuning guide also known as cracker Billy is a insta saw with fast speed. This build is often used by Billy players who think they are good but is actually pure garbage with him.

    Curve Billy: Green and yellow engraving, These Billy players will force you to drop pallets early and not loop at all in certain tiles cause they can make 180 degree with the chainsaw and give you no time to react. They are really dedicated on the M2 unlike the basic ######### Billy players. They will often bring infect fright and plan to slug a lot unless they need BP. Here is a quick video how he works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AueGkVXMlGc&t=23s

    Normal Billy: You use some good addons like insta saw, cooldown or bumper. Not much to say about this one you are just playing Billy like any other killer. You use M2 when you got the chance to, and m1 whenever it would end a chase faster. Typical perks is BBQ chili, pop, enduring, whispers, discordance, corrupt etc. You just play him "normally"

    I think with curve Billy you mean not the engravings but Thompson's Moonshine + Spiked Boots

  • Honestly my advice is to not use addons. It gets you use to what his base power is (which is plenty strong enough). You get use to how he will turn, how long it takes to charge his saw etc. Then once you're pretty confident in that you can throw on moon shine or an insta saw build when you just want to ruin peoples day lol.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385529#Comment_1385529

    I think with curve Billy you mean not the engravings but Thompson's Moonshine + Spiked Boots

    that is not curve billy, that is drift Billy.

  • Im not the best billy but my current perk build is: infectious, bbq, enduring, and pop

    Best tip i can give is dont always use your chanisaw. Sometimes you need to use your m1

  • Alright, then I didn't know curve Billy and bring in drift billy as a new option: Thompson's Moonshine + Spiked Boots

  • Oh forgot to mention, if you have issues with billy, try setting Q and E to look left and right, but If you are on console or use a controller, switch to 65/100% sensitivity.

    It should take a while to learn to use him with mouse only to curve so don't get dissappointed in case you bump often.

  • He's most seem bugs are:

    *Chainsaw stops and dont hit the survivor if you activate it right behind then;

    *Chainsaw Dont be in the right position when you hit something;

    *Invisible walls;

    *Trees Cant stop your chainsaw;

    His Best Addons IMO;

    *Cooldown and Activation addons

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    Im not the best billy but my current perk build is: infectious, bbq, enduring, and pop

    Best tip i can give is dont always use your chanisaw. Sometimes you need to use your m1

    @[Deleted User] said:

    I've been playing Billy since 2017 and here's what I've been using: BBQ, Enduring, Whispers and Infectious Fright. Both Enduring and Whispers can be swapped out with whatever you want but BBQ and Infectious are very good for information and grant you the ability to snowball.

    As for add ons I personally use nothing, Billy is balanced without them and with them he can become very oppressive in an unfun way. If you want to use add ons I would recommend Engravings, Bump Penalty or the brown add ons. Anything else and he can become overpowered. Don't believe me try out Crack Billy, its Tuner and Green Engravings. Pretty unfair but if you like that sort of thing go for it.

    I'm definitely going to keep Infectious Fright then.

    Thank you =]