Whats the point in playing by survivor rules.

Whenever i play killer i try not to tunnel people or camp but every time i let them go Its just a no pressure genrush and the game is over.

Comments

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385182#Comment_1385182

    Your not You're.

    There is no such thing as CNN where I live.

    And I meant in relation to MY STATEMENT. I cannot believe that I have to specify that.

    What I did was also not criticism. I was dismissing you in a similar manner to how you blew off part of my argument with actually offering anything in terms of a counter-argument and what little you provided can be described as a matter of viewpoint, rather than a counter-point. You mention me in a comment, you are talking in relation to what I HAVE POSTED. If you had simply stated "I said [topic in relation] in an earlier post", then sure I would have gone back and checked, maybe even apologising.

    Your little bits before that also make you sound more like an entitled killer, than someone who has actually played both sides and experienced what you're arguing in favour for. Even using a piece of SATIRE as an argument!

    If I'm CNN, then surely you're on the level of something like Buzzfeed.

    Wrong. It's you're. Short for you are. Your is possessive.

  • From my experience, a lot of survivors don't appreciate it when you play nice (no camp, no tunnel, no mori, no NOED, no what else is on the hate list...).

    As a thank-you for thinking of their fun, you get t-bagged at the exit gates and insulted in the after game chat.

    So just play how you want.

  • I personally play by the "rules" because I both like limiting myself and seeing if I can still do well, and because I like having fun. I find it more fun to give everyone in the match a good time, and if I kill them all even better.

    I play survivor too, I know the pain of noed and being camped and tunneled, like I know the pain of tagging at every pallet. So I don't do either.

  • @THEFREAK420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385284#Comment_1385284

    Wrong. It's you're. Short for you are. Your is possessive.

    Ok, I did misread THAT part. Everything else still stands.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    From my experience, a lot of survivors don't appreciate it when you play nice (no camp, no tunnel, no mori, no NOED, no what else is on the hate list...).

    As a thank-you for thinking of their fun, you get t-bagged at the exit gates and insulted in the after game chat.

    So just play how you want.

    Pretty much this.

    Killers should always try their best to win. For every grateful survivor there are at least 1000 toxic kids who are waiting for a chance to act like big shots because they won against a "fair killer".

    Besides it's not the killer's mission to be vincible - it's the survivor's mission to FIND A WAY to beat the killer.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384674#Comment_1384674

    Try it yourself then. Play by the rules you made for killer yourself. Let's see how you perform.

    I believe Hexy did this and followed a guide of what his not allowed to do based on what survivors believe.

    It was rough.

  • I play for my BBQ stacks, as long as I hook all 4 I dont care how many escape LOL

    gimme that stack Meg, come get smacked

  • This may be the only online multiplayer game that people feel like you should make sure your opponent has fun. I don't follow this rule for any game. I play a game to have fun. I try to help my team have fun. I don't give a rats ass if my opponent throws their keyboard through their monitor because they didn't have fun and I can't see that ever changing.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Learn to play killer properly. Issue solved. I dont understand why so many killer players dont want to learn how to play properly and instead just ruin other players experience. Its not that hard.

    There is more then one way to play the game not just the way you want it to be played.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    What's the point?

    You get DS'ed, then complain about it. Then start making threads calling for the nerf of DS because you couldn't get an easy kill.

    every killer is really a clown.jpg


  • @ShrekTheThird69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384696#Comment_1384696

    DS is mostly fine as it is what im trying to say is I try not to down survivors that just got unhooked and i try not to stay near the hook even when someone is nearby. Its not fun being downed right as you get unhooked as survivor or having someone loop the killer in font of you while your hooked, but when you try to make the game fun for you and the opposite team they see that and rush the gens because by not slugging or looping someone around a hook when you can you essentially forfeit the extra pressure

    "DS is mostly fine"

    Myers looking through trash perks.jpg


  • @BadWraithMain said:

    You play by survivor rules? Lol

    In all seriousness, play however you want. It's not about what's nice, it's about what gets you the W.

    With that being said, tunneling and camping aren't effective strategies once the survivors know what you're up to/ are loaded out to deal with that, and they adjust accordingly.

    "

    Lady Dwight admiring his trash perks.jpg

    In all seriousness, play however you want."

  • This thread shows perfectly that killers just care for themselfs. Disgusting.

  • It's to let survivors win so they can taunt you in the end game.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    This thread shows perfectly that killers just care for themselfs. Disgusting.


    It's a PVP game. Of course no one will care about the fun of the enemy. That's literally the point of a PVP game. Beating other players. If you care so much about the well being of other people why don't you start by selling that device you use to keep posting these biased comments so you get some money that you can donate to people in need?

    I'm a 50/50 player since 2017 and both sides are equally rude when it comes to fair play and attitude. If you -even for 1 second- believe survivors are gonna be sweethearts and care about your fun if you play the match as fairly as possible then you have CLEARLY never played killer (on a decent rank).

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    This thread shows perfectly that killers just care for themselfs. Disgusting.

    lol it's disgusting to want to win in a video game now

  • I see a lot of killer getting genrushed because they made bad tactical decisions. stuff like leaving an injured survivor in the open and running back to the unhooked survivor who is gone when the killer arrives.

    or proxi camping but not commiting to it until the survivor hit the 2. stage or dies...so that the survivors can complete gens and still get the unhook.

    its often possible to play nice and fair as rank 1 killer and still get the 3 or 4k.

    there is no need to make the game miserable for other players as long as they dont go toxic into the game in my opinion.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    This thread shows perfectly that killers just care for themselfs. Disgusting.

    that coin has two sides yeah, almost 1700 hours in and I have yet to meet a survivor who cares about the killer. LOL

  • I always try to be fair. No camping (not patrolling!), tunneling or Mori without reason. I do this stuff if Survivors are toxic, get cocky or try hard themselves.

    It works quite well for me at rank 5

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385406#Comment_1385406

    Gloating has existed in almost every PvP game and will continue to exist for as long as people are playing them. My boyfriend plays a game called Brawlhalla and some people there gloat every single time they get a kill, lmao. If gloating bothers you that badly then I’d honestly recommend staying away from PvP games because you’ll never escape it.

    Brawhalla ranked matches requires quite a bit of skill, gloating when you get a kill and manage to beat someone of equal skill level fine.

    Here the problems is that people abuse many designers mistake in other to gain certain advantages, OoO/swf as an example.

    There's no skill in this broken set up to warrant gloating at the end. It's pretty much sanctioned cheating.

  • Because in this game it is not possible that both sides have a good time, except when a friendly killer let's you farm. But even then, he misses out on the sacrifices.

    No problem with camping / tunneling toxic survivors and go easy on newbies.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385568#Comment_1385568

    I find it insulting when an opponent feels they have to "go easy" on me (or "play fair", as some people like to misname it) because they don't think I'm worth the effort. Maybe you like it when opponents hand you a win on a silver platter, but I don't.

    Gets old almost never making it off the hook first phase. Running in circles around the hooked person despite it being plain for the survivors to see the only one near the killer is the hooked person. If they wasted less time ensuring 1 hook struggle phase they'd be capable of not needing to cheese the system.

  • So long as you play by their rules, you will never win.

1 2 ›