Invert Discordance Tiers

Make Discordance 12/10/8 instead of 8/10/12

The higher the perks tier the better it should be not the worse

Comments

  • @D3_destr0y3r said:

    Make Discordance 12/10/8 instead of 8/10/12

    The higher the perks tier the better it should be not the worse

    actually it’s personal preference to most like myself and even most devs it best as it is now cuz it only makes an annoying ping every 8/10/12 seconds you don’t have a Constant boom boom boom every 8 seconds

  • I had never thought of this until I saw Otz mention in a video how he prefers T1 Discordance because you get the notifications more often. Makes it easier to tell if they've stayed on the gen or not. Definitely agree this should be reversed from how it is now.

  • @animalmak said:

    I had never thought of this until I saw Otz mention in a video how he prefers T1 Discordance because you get the notifications more often. Makes it easier to tell if they've stayed on the gen or not. Definitely agree this should be reversed from how it is now.

    Problem is that’s personal preference if they say did change it they would still have the same problem of people running t1 so they have less pings except those that like current t3 who have it t3 can’t reset back to 1 so it would ruin our experience with the perk

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/165253/invert-discordance-tiers

    actually it’s personal preference to most like myself and even most devs it best as it is now cuz it only makes an annoying ping every 8/10/12 seconds you don’t have a Constant boom boom boom every 8 seconds

    The annoying "ping" gives more information than the Gen being yellow. It is undeniably worse when the ping activates less often at higher tiers.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383665#Comment_1383665

    The annoying "ping" gives more information than the Gen being yellow. It is undeniably worse when the ping activates less often at higher tiers.

    That is your opinion not mine and others that’s why I believe it was peanits himself who said it won’t be changed cuz of that

  • please no!

    tier 3 is already enough noisespam, i really dont want it to be even more!


    they should just make the perk update its information more often, so that it stops glowing yellow once the 2nd survivor leaves the gen instead of lasting the whole 12 seconds.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    please no!

    tier 3 is already enough noisespam, i really dont want it to be even more!

    they should just make the perk update its information more often, so that it stops glowing yellow once the 2nd survivor leaves the gen instead of lasting the whole 12 seconds.

    See someone agrees with me lol like why do I need a spam noise when I’m already going to the gen?

  • Just let us pick perk tiers, everybody wins

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    Just let us pick perk tiers, everybody wins

    Honestly would be a nice thing if not in main game atleast customs for some wacky game modes with tier 1-2 only perks

  • Happy medium: make it 10 seconds across all tiers and give it a secondary effect

  • @animalmak said:

    I had never thought of this until I saw Otz mention in a video how he prefers T1 Discordance because you get the notifications more often. Makes it easier to tell if they've stayed on the gen or not. Definitely agree this should be reversed from how it is now.

    I always thought it was such a ridiculous idea to keep it at tier 1

    There are easier ways to make discordance work properly, than all of this hullaballoo about "ThE TiEr 1 VeRsIoN iS bETtEr"

    Just make the highlight disappear immediately when there are no longer two survivors working on it, and then reappear immediately when two survivors are again working on the generator. That's all they need to do to put this discordance mess about T1 benefits vs. T3 benefits to rest

  • They've said before they don't want to switch the tiers because it's a matter of preference.

    So, what I wish they would do is let us sell back perks along with items/offerings/add-ons for a percentage of the BP spent on them. Perks would reappear in the Bloodweb, and those of us who got screwed by bad Bloodweb RNG when P3'ing could buy Discordance at tier 1, again. Problem solved, no extra mess with the UI, it'd just be part of the unwanted junk recycling that we've all been requesting for years.

  • I'm one of those who prefer it the current way because I don't like noise spam and I'd rather have a less "optimal" perk than being distracted and annoyed.

  • @White_Owl said:

    I'm one of those who prefer it the current way because I don't like noise spam and I'd rather have a less "optimal" perk than being distracted and annoyed.

    You can just not upgrade it like people are currently doing anyway. Because that's a preferance not the literal power level

  • Yes please. It irritates me I have it at tier 3 on two killers because the early blood web Gods deemed it so.

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383693#Comment_1383693

    Problem is that’s personal preference if they say did change it they would still have the same problem of people running t1 so they have less pings except those that like current t3 who have it t3 can’t reset back to 1 so it would ruin our experience with the perk

    Then they should add the ability to choose what tier of each perk you want... that way people could choose what to use.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383700#Comment_1383700

    Then they should add the ability to choose what tier of each perk you want... that way people could choose what to use.

    They already do lol it’s called not leveling the perk up when you find it in the web

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384812#Comment_1384812

    They already do lol it’s called not leveling the perk up when you find it in the web

    Yeah, that doesn't work when tier 3 shows up in the early Bloodweb. I'm stuck with Discordance tier 3 on multiple P3 killers.

    The devs should finally add in the ability to sell back items/offerings/add-ons that users don't want for a percentage of the BP, and they should include perks in that so those who have tier 3 of a perk and don't want it can sell it back to have tier 1 reappear on the Bloodweb.

    They've already said they're not changing tiers, and they've said that letting players choose which tier of a perk to use would be too much work considering there are few perks that anyone would use that feature on, so that leaves being able to sell them back as the best option.

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384812#Comment_1384812

    They already do lol it’s called not leveling the perk up when you find it in the web

    No, that is not what I meant. What if the bloodweb forces you to take Discordance tiers even if you don't want to? I was forced to on my P3 legion, so I cannot go back and reset them. Which means if I choose to use Discordance, I would not have a reliable way to track how long the gen will take... but hey, wanting to get all perks is a choice, right?

  • It should definitely be inverted, and the problem Peanits alludes to could be solved by leveling perks outside of the bloodweb, but if neither of those good changes happen, Discordance should not longer create explosion sound effects and instead just highlight survivor auras on gens when 2 or more and for 1/2/3 seconds afterwards

  • I'd like for them to be inverted too (I'll put up with the noise spam for a stronger perk) but that's unlikely to happen at this point. I think one of these suggestions could work out for both sides.

    • We get a new perk that gives tier 1 or tier 3 Discordance's effect.
    • Discordance gets a secondary effect and have the current one last 10 seconds across all tiers (so brokedownpalace's idea)
    • You only get a noise notification if you're looking in the gen's direction.
    • No noise notification. All you'll get is the perk lighting up and the yellow gen aura
  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/165253/invert-discordance-tiers

    actually it’s personal preference to most like myself and even most devs it best as it is now cuz it only makes an annoying ping every 8/10/12 seconds you don’t have a Constant boom boom boom every 8 seconds

    I prefer that that way i know they both are still there

  • @D3_destr0y3r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383837#Comment_1383837

    You can just not upgrade it like people are currently doing anyway. Because that's a preferance not the literal power level

    I already have it at tier 3 on most of my killers, it's too late for that.