new killer has serious problem and i want you to edit
I'm Korean female DBD player. There are serious problems with our new killer and I really want you to edit it.
First, in Asia there are still many women murdered by her family especially men.(her father, her husband, her brother and her boyfriend) It's very serious problem and you should not treat that kind of topic lightly. Our new killer is Japanese and also she murdered by her father. It is too realistic.
Second, the Spirit was a victim. and there is no reason that the Entity should choose her a killer. it doesn't make sense. why is she killing people?
Third, the Spirit was a victim. and you guys make her body as a sexual objectification. She is almost naked and she has pretty face even she is dead. It's so creepy and make many female players angry.
So, I want you to recognize those problem and edit it. or I will not play this game anymore.
Comments
There are other killers that were victims before (Hag, Huntress (she lost her mother), Nurse (her work was too mentally demanding)).
David King's shirtless outfit is also a "sexual objectification" and nobody said a thing.
Even dead bodies can have pretty faces. She wasn't probably dead long enough to start rotting.
My sister thinks she is awesome and my other female friends think the same.
Yes, threatening will help you to prove your point.
... Did you seriously made an account just to announce a boycott?
People get offended way to easily these days.
no one care
The Hillbilly has a story of child abuse and no one ever said anything about it. This is a horror game, and horror takes inspiration from reality, get over it.
In any case her lore explains why she became a killer, you just have to read a few paragraphs.
As for the sexualization... come on, really? It's a corpse cut in pieces covered in bandages. You know who else is covered in just a few bandages? The Wraith. But he doesn't have boobs so that is ok I guess...
the hag was also a victim , to a lesser extent the wraith is also a victim.
the entity takes those deepest in their rage and wishes for vengeance
sexual objectification? really, did you actually look at her? both her wrists and her right leg have been cut from her body, she is covered in shards of glass and open wounds and she is constantly making creepy movements
However, your other two points I believe I can refute so let's begin.
You claim that because she is the victim the Entity should not want to have her in its employ. The Entity does not care if the killer instigates or falls victim to violence, it only cares about two things: Violence and Rage, two traits clearly seen in Rin just before the Entity pulls her into the fog.
Rage can be seen in the Spirit's determination. She has seen her mother, whom she loved killed by her father, her parent. This gross betrayal of her trust and love would leave anyone feeling furious.
Violence can be observed in the ensuing fight with her father as she genuinely attempts to kill him to avenge her mother.
The Entity who resides in the spirit would sees her begin to enter it's realm and makes her a deal. If she swears to kill for it, then it will grant her the strength to kill her father. We can only assume this is the case as she's now an available killer (in the ptb at least).
The Spirit's lack of clothing is understandably attributed to the time of her introduction into the fog. She was killed in the middle of the night by her father so her attire reflects this with her Oriental night clothes (pajamas, essentially.)
As for the sexualization of the killer, that's just how people are nowadays. People still call Huntress "thicc" and there will always be sexualization of all of the characters as it's just something that happens to video game characters in the modern world.
My advice for you is as follows:
- See the Spirit as an empowering symbol (even though her father killed her, she dragged him to hell with her.)
- Ignore the sexualization of video game characters. (It's some weird hybrid of "fanservice" and r34 that no one person can undo.)
- Understand that her current and revealing outfit will likely not be her only outfit. She is not liscensed so the designers will probably create more covering cosmetics in the future.
- Remember the designers. Somebody had to have an idea, then make concept art, then make a 3d mesh, then detail that mesh, then have developers code her every move based on that mesh. The BHVR team for Dead by Daylight lacks manpower and cannot afford a full redesign just to appease one consumer.
Overall, I recommend you ignore her if you don't like her. She is common now during the PTB because she's new. After she is finally released and the hype dies out you should start seeing her drastically less.
It's weird to me people are literally getting mutated and hung by meat hooks in every game yet a little cleavage offends people. Second, I understand you feel there might be a lack of cultural sympathy, but if you enjoy this game, that's just something you're gonna have to learn to ignore if you want to play games not created around your region.
It'd be basically impossible to avoid writing a story that doesn't correlate with something that goes on in the real world.
she is chinese not korean
Why is this even a thread? If you read the other killers info you would see that they also are victims.
You can't blame the dev for that. It's actually the case in a lot of japanese horror movies / books, and they are doing the best they can to match countries lore - and they did good.
Other killers background aren't all cute and shiny either - check hillbilly, some people probably don't like it but it's still in game.
The same answer : japanese lore, vengeful spirit. Brutal death bring rage, and that's how the spirit is born. The entity didn't choose a dying woman, it choose an enraged spirit.
Also, check the entity lore (I think you can find it on the wikia) : some killers weren't killers in the first place and the entity is "convincing" them to do the dirty job with torture (hello wraith), so it's not a valid argument lore-wise.
I guess it depends on how you view her. They way she is designed now, I see a woman with tons of cuts and flying arms moving in a super creepy way to kill me. Not really sexy imo.
Btw there will be a kimono costume or something similar, someone posted a video in another topic with it.
Also I don't know any angry female players here, and my sister is probably going to buy her day one, so I can say the exact opposite.
That's too bad for you, but they won't. If they did everything people asked them as you do, the game would still be unreleased or in beta.
I'll even say that being disturbing, creepy and making people feels bad is the point of every horror stories, so they did good.
I hope you'll still play the game because leaving it won't do anything, but I won't blame you for taking this decision if you think you have to.
Btw sorry for the mistakes, I'm not a native english so I sometimes struggle to find the correct words...
TLDR;
God I hate SJWs. So hypocritical and just look for anything and everything to whine about.
Don't play this game anymore then. Maybe come back when you realise the world doesn't revolve around you.
Meanwhile, The Hag's right tit has been hanging out for almost 2 years.
It's just a ######### game. Stop right now.
Killer seems alright to me.
Everything about her backstory is very spooky. Reminds me of the Grudge.
At least some of the other protesters actually hung around and argued for a bit. This one just made a troll post and ran. No respect for you. Bad troll, bad bad.
I doubt you actually own this game otherwise you would understand how unbiased and diverse this game is
Go away.
Are you aware of the genre of game your playing. It horror dimensions of awful with cruelty and exploitative content. This is the lifeblood of the genre. Would you have Myers removed because him murdering people in a suburban environment is too real. I wouldn't because that's what makes the terror all the more sweeter that it could actually happen. A figure like myers is way more realistic and yet no one complained about him.
Stopped reading, I know why you are here.
Thats pretty... Bad. But it picks the problem into a game.
There is a reason. Vengeance. Look at her story line again. And she is not the only one who was a victim.
Her body could be a sexual objectification. But it fits her.
She is a freaking almost dead person, got sliced a little to much and got almost killed. Why the fudge should she wear clothes as a corpse?
And she DONT have a pretty face. Her face is ugly as heck. And only because you died, your face doesnt change. (only if you got rotten)
Then dont play the game anymore i guess? I hope they DONT change these things. People tend to overreact to such things.
greetings
Wolff
No one will care if one person stops playing this game, I don't need to fight against your point considering hundreds already have, sounds more like a feminist march, there is nothing wrong with Spirit and if you are so butt hurt about her being slightly revealing, go buy a cosmetic that covers her more.
Why did you revive this? XD Were you bored?
She's an Oni. She looks like a classic Oni and she has a classic Oni background. This is fairly standard stuff in Japan.
Exactly, figure I'd necro.
All the killers are victims in one way or another:
Billy, Hag, Pig and Spirit were put under physical torture of some description.
Nurse, Doctor, Leatherface and Wraith were victims of mental stress in one way or another.
And the rest were generally mentally unsound from day one.
The thing about spirit being 'sexy' is debatable.. Tbh I don't think her face is attractive and I'm not turned on by floaty hacked-up corpses that writhe around like they are fresh out of 'The Exorcist'. the only objectively sexy killer is Myers and everybody knows it.
Oh my god....WHY DID SOMEONE REVIVE THIS?! This thread deserved to be buried at the last page in the forum