HEY YOU, yes the survivor with the key, you better drop it if you don't want to die

To all of you survivors who bring keys to your matches. Did you know that killers tend to really like chasing survivors with keys in their hands ? To the point of death before the said key can be used.

Just a tip, learn to hide your key some place safe (corners of the map) before the hatch spawns. It greatly decreases chances that killer will decide to "remove you" due to that little thing he clearly sees in your hands.

I've had a quite a few matches today with survivors bringing keys and it really amazes me how many (all of them) just hold onto it from start to finish without thinking how big of target it creates on their back (hand).

I don't really mind keys (since I like to bring & use them too) but will play against/counter them by removing those who I clearly see hold them.

Why won't you just hide your key ? Are you afraid it'll get stolen and if so, think about this, what good is it to you in your hands unstolen if you can't use it because you're dead. Just hide the damm thing and come back for it later.

Comments

  • Killers should be able to hide their moris, like a secret offering or something!

    Oh, wait...

  • I just escaped a round where a killer facecamped me because of the key :3


    Idk really lol, but I escaped with a key looted from a chest.

  • I have a rule. The person that brings the key will not get to use it. And God help you if Im playing as Bubba

    This person didnt like my bubba

    20200622_140610.jpg


  • To all of you killers who tunnel the survivor who bring keys to their matches. Did you know that survivors tend to really like getting chased by the killer?

  • Had a survivor I was chasing escape through a key the other day with a gen left, didn't know she had it. The last survivor wasn't so lucky.

    Also some survivor stances are just far better at hiding a key than others who have their key holding hand out in the open.

  • @xEa said:

    To all of you killers who tunnel the survivor who bring keys to their matches. Did you know that survivors tend to really like getting chased by the killer?

    As long as you can handle it. Don't be too suprised if you die on your first hook thou.

  • @chase131119 said:

    Killers should be able to hide their moris, like a secret offering or something!

    Oh, wait...

    It must be very secret with the vast amount of secret offerings up for use.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376101#Comment_1376101

    As long as you can handle it. Don't be too suprised if you die on your first hook thou.

    The few times i used a key, i can remember getting tunneled, which was actually a good thing since the killer was wasting his time on me.

    Most experienced players are not so much into surviving but rather want to have good chases. But anyway thanks for the note :)

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376132#Comment_1376132

    The few times i used a key, i can remember getting tunneled, which was actually a good thing since the killer was wasting his time on me.

    Most experienced players are not so much into surviving but rather want to have good chases. But anyway thanks for the note :)

    Ill just smack you with franklins then dc noone wins lol. (Kidding but that has happened to me)

  • @xEa said:

    To all of you killers who tunnel the survivor who bring keys to their matches. Did you know that survivors tend to really like getting chased by the killer?

    Oh, survivors like getting tunneled now? I thought that was toxic

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376101#Comment_1376101

    Oh, survivors like getting tunneled now? I thought that was toxic

    I dont know about everyone else, but i always prefered getting chased. At least then i know for sure that pallets are not getting wasted.. and usually i had a great time during chase, way better then sitting on a gen at least :)

  • As a killer I don’t go after a survivor just because they brought a key.I go after someone who intentionally tries to get their teammates killed.As a survivor main I think killers who target those specifically with keys are just unskilled tryhards. I mean what would your mother say if She saw you do something to someone that was very unsportsmanlike right in front of her?.

  • I brought the key because I wanted to live.

  • Then why do I get tunneled when not bringing a key though?

    oh wait, I may have broken another rule of the killers rulebook for survivors..

    (or maybe killers tunnel and kill no matter what)

  • This is why I use Broken Keys. The Killer will waste his time tunneling me and my team will escape :)

  • Do some killers feel the same about Maps? I've been at this Thorough Cleansing challenge for awhile, and I keep getting tunneled because of it.

  • @2LuvRias said:

    Do some killers feel the same about Maps? I've been at this Thorough Cleansing challenge for awhile, and I keep getting tunneled because of it.

    Did the killers actually say you were being tunneled because of the map? Regardless, bring Small Game instead or learn the totem spawns. They're not complicated, trust me.

  • I don't really care what you bring...I'm probably gonna just franklins it out of your hand till it breaks anyway....

  • @Mooks said:

    Then why do I get tunneled when not bringing a key though?

    oh wait, I may have broken another rule of the killers rulebook for survivors..

    (or maybe killers tunnel and kill no matter what)

    Not really a rulebook for Survivors, it's kinda common sense? If you bring something that gives you an edge in the game, be prepared for your opponent to use something to counteract it. If I see 3+ Survivors rolling up with flashlights, I'm bringing LightBorn and going to town. If I see a Survivor bring a key, I'm bringing Franklin's. If I see a whole squad bringing Med-Kits, I'm bringing Plague or some anti-healing build.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    As a killer I don’t go after a survivor just because they brought a key.I go after someone who intentionally tries to get their teammates killed.As a survivor main I think killers who target those specifically with keys are just unskilled tryhards. I mean what would your mother say if She saw you do something to someone that was very unsportsmanlike right in front of her?.

    She'd tell me good job for getting rid of that person trying to skip out early on a match.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376308#Comment_1376308

    Did the killers actually say you were being tunneled because of the map? Regardless, bring Small Game instead or learn the totem spawns. They're not complicated, trust me.

    After hooking I got the classic "Nope Nod." I'm running small game but I'm going to trade a map for Detective's huntch instead

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376229#Comment_1376229

    Not really a rulebook for Survivors, it's kinda common sense? If you bring something that gives you an edge in the game, be prepared for your opponent to use something to counteract it. If I see 3+ Survivors rolling up with flashlights, I'm bringing LightBorn and going to town. If I see a Survivor bring a key, I'm bringing Franklin's. If I see a whole squad bringing Med-Kits, I'm bringing Plague or some anti-healing build.

    It’s a joke..

    and you will get tunneled and killed without a key. It is pretty normal and kinda... is what the game is about..

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I have a rule. The person that brings the key will not get to use it. And God help you if Im playing as Bubba

    This person didnt like my bubba

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/M5K95MP32UM9/20200622-140610.jpg

    Big agree

  • @xEa said:

    To all of you killers who tunnel the survivor who bring keys to their matches. Did you know that survivors tend to really like getting chased by the killer?

    they must really enjoy mories and hook camps aswell

    otherwise that key thing isnt gonna turn out too great for them.

  • @2LuvRias said:

    Do some killers feel the same about Maps? I've been at this Thorough Cleansing challenge for awhile, and I keep getting tunneled because of it.

    I only go at people with maps if im running a hex perk and my build depends on it. Otherwise its whatever