Game really needs individual killer ranks

Nothing is more fun than trying to learn a killer in red ranks with the most toxic community on Earth.

It's just a really fun time.

Comments

  • Looking forward to it tonight.

    Survivors still seem to think they're amazing in these situations too lol

  • I wouldn't mind that but that's pretty situational. For me, I wouldn't mind trying to figure out Nurse again but I was getting stomped as her when I first started playing. I can't imagine trying to figure out how to use her while playing Red Ranks...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    No...

    You may play a new killer, but you retain your knowledge of the game and it's mechanics

    Then start it off at 17 if you've hit a higher threshold with another killer idc.

    This game is borderline abusive at the best of times and I really don't care to sift through the human garbage that is matchmaking to even TRY TO HAVE FUN.

    There is no reason to assume I have the same skill on a brand new killer as I do with my main killer. And there is no evidence to back it up either. Plenty of evidence to back up needing to have a less toxic/skilled pool too.

  • The huge problem is that you would be locked into that killer for that lobby.

    For example, I never play trapper, so If I chose trapper I would be rank 20 and enter a lobby with rank 20 survivors. But then if I switched to Huntress, I would be rank 1 with rank 20 survivors. Meaning if they ever implemented a system like this, you would have to be locked into the killer you choose.

    Which really isn't that big of an issue, I rarely see people change killer unless they see someone they know in their lobby than they might switch killer for that person, but any system that would and skill to a killer would also have to lock you into that killer once you got a lobby.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    No...

    You may play a new killer, but you retain your knowledge of the game and it's mechanics

    The killers power changes though. And if you dont get why thats an issue you dont play killer enough. A god billy is not even a mediocre nurse. Matbe killers shouldnt be rank 20, but they certainly should not be r1

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I wouldn't mind that but that's pretty situational. For me, I wouldn't mind trying to figure out Nurse again but I was getting stomped as her when I first started playing. I can't imagine trying to figure out how to use her while playing Red Ranks...

    I'll tell you how it'll go:

    Survivors will act as toxic as people, BM you as much as they can, and make sure the game is finished in 5 minutes.

    It's the only thing they find fun. I can promise you that.

    And you know what? I don't even care. I expect the people of this game to be ######### human G A R B A G E, all I want is to not hump in head first into it with a new killer or a killer I've never played.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356573#Comment_1356573

    Then start it off at 17 if you've hit a higher threshold with another killer idc.

    This game is borderline abusive at the best of times and I really don't care to sift through the human garbage that is matchmaking to even TRY TO HAVE FUN.

    There is no reason to assume I have the same skill on a brand new killer as I do with my main killer. And there is no evidence to back it up either. Plenty of evidence to back up needing to have a less toxic/skilled pool too.

    This. With Ghostface i definitely deserve to be in higher ranks but with other killers (trying to learn Oni and Nurse), I'm completely trash with. A different rank for each killer would be a great thing if it could be successfully implemented.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    No...

    You may play a new killer, but you retain your knowledge of the game and it's mechanics

    Knowledge of the maps only gets you so far. Learning a new power and abilities while using trash for perks (and usually less than 4 perks) is not a fun time for most players.

    Its one of the reasons why Nurse doesn't have many players. No one wants to try to learn her out of low ranks due to her high skill floor. You'll never actually learn anything and its just miserable.

  • @mouse0270 said:

    The huge problem is that you would be locked into that killer for that lobby.

    For example, I never play trapper, so If I chose trapper I would be rank 20 and enter a lobby with rank 20 survivors. But then if I switched to Huntress, I would be rank 1 with rank 20 survivors. Meaning if they ever implemented a system like this, you would have to be locked into the killer you choose.

    Which really isn't that big of an issue, I rarely see people change killer unless they see someone they know in their lobby than they might switch killer for that person, but any system that would and skill to a killer would also have to lock you into that killer once you got a lobby.

    I'm fine with that.

    Any system that can be beaten and abused with last second switching isn't all the great in the first place so...

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356573#Comment_1356573

    Knowledge of the maps only gets you so far. Learning a new power and abilities while using trash for perks (and usually less than 4 perks) is not a fun time for most players.

    Its one of the reasons why Nurse doesn't have many players. No one wants to try to learn her out of low ranks due to her high skill floor. You'll never actually learn anything and its just miserable.

    "and its just miserable."

    We were talking about the Nurse, not the game silly. I see how you could confuse the 2 though, both are doing pretty bad rn.

  • No, because if you did this (Like they're going to do with MMR, which is why I'm likely to leave the game after it comes in) it would pit (only) the highest-ranked killers against (only) the highest-ranked survivors.

    For example: I play Nurse at Rank 1, but if killers are separated (or MMR ruins the fun) I will only be put up against the highest-ranked people in the entire game (and they will only be put up against Nurses). I don't play this game to sweat and try-hard every game I get into, so I will leave the game (and so will the survivors because they don't want to play against Nurse every game).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356594#Comment_1356594

    I play killer enough to stay in rank 1 most of the time... Do i need to provide proof?

    Regardless, that's my opinion...

    Well I'm happy for you that you can switch between killers and be fine. Most people however, are not that good with the entire cast and would like to attempt to have fun with them and not just be the clown for 4 people to wail on. I cannot stress how this game is already wobbly and abusive at the best of times, it's really really bad when you're trying to learn a killer outside of like yellow or green ranks.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356603#Comment_1356603

    "and its just miserable."

    We were talking about the Nurse, not the game silly. I see how you could confuse the 2 though, both are doing pretty bad rn.

    Poor Nurse. 😥

  • Are you getting that dumped on with pyramid head?

  • @Shocktober said:

    Are you getting that dumped on with pyramid head?

    Take a wild guess.

    Yes, as a new PH I'm getting thrashed by sweaty survivors who can abuse the weak mechanics of the game.

    Does that make my point any less valid? No.

  • Killer ranks wont change anything, cause if you want to learn a new killer youre still better at the game as the opposite, which would already be gamebreaking.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356603#Comment_1356603

    I will agree with you on the part with trash perks, that was an issue for me when I bought Demo a couple of days ago. Besides I wasn't reffering to map knowledge only, there are also things such as knowing how to run a T&L, a jungle gym, or how to mindgame, etc.

    IMO, if you are in red ranks, you are there for a reason, you can adapt well and improvise and it should be expected of you to do that with a new killer, If you already saw gameplay of the killer, know a few tactics, know how it works, then it's even better. I'm also reminding this is just my opinion...

    That's all well and fine for m1 focused killers.

    Killers whose focus is around using their power are not so simple that you can just revert to m1 tactics if you suck to score the hit. Try that ######### with Nurse.

    I'm not saying send us back to r20, but somewhere above purple.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356610#Comment_1356610

    Well I'm happy for you that you can switch between killers and be fine. Most people however, are not that good with the entire cast and would like to attempt to have fun with them and not just be the clown for 4 people to wail on. I cannot stress how this game is already wobbly and abusive at the best of times, it's really really bad when you're trying to learn a killer outside of like yellow or green ranks.

    @RockoRango said:

    No, because if you did this (Like they're going to do with MMR, which is why I'm likely to leave the game after it comes in) it would pit (only) the highest-ranked killers against (only) the highest-ranked survivors.

    For example: I play Nurse at Rank 1, but if killers are separated (or MMR ruins the fun) I will only be put up against the highest-ranked people in the entire game (and they will only be put up against Nurses). I don't play this game to sweat and try-hard every game I get into, so I will leave the game (and so will the survivors because they don't want to play against Nurse every game).

    You'd be killing the game for veterans and making the game more bearable for new players. It's a huge trade.

  • I don't think there need to be individual killer ranks. But I do think there should be a 3-tier mastery level.

    Tier 1: Beginner

    Tier 2: Advanced

    Tier 3: Master

    At tier 1 your rank is reduced by 5 for matchmaking. This means if you are a rank 1 killer, you'd be matched as if you were rank 6. And if you were rank 5, you'd be matched as if you were rank 10.

    At Tier 2 your rank is reduced by 2 for matchmaking. This means if you are a rank 1 killer, you'd be matches as if you were rank 3.

    At Tier 3, you are ranked normally.

    It takes 7 pips to move from Tier 1 to Tier 2. And 10 pips to move from Tier 2 to Tier 3. You can go back from Tier 2 to Tier 1 if you get a total of 5 depips with no pips. Once you reach tier 3 you cannot go back to tier 2.

    Players can also opt to skip tier 1 the first time they play a killer (after the system would be implemented) for a 50,000 BP bonus. Or they can opt to skip straight to Master rank for a 250,000 BP Bonus.

  • Map knowledge and experience with a basic M1 killer isn't helping me at all with playing Nurse. Her power does more against you when you can't use it well, and you're too slow to do anything without using it. On top of that I keep landing in the basement.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356666#Comment_1356666

    It also comes the question, where would you like to learn a new killer?

    In Lower Ranks where people are potatoes and you'd be smashing trough matches feeling more than comfortable. Let's not ruin the game for casual players / lower rank players... pls

    or in Higher Ranks where people know what they're doing and you need to think better when and how to use your power. Thus, you can learn and adapt faster / better

    Throwing yourself at the hardest version of stuff to improve only works on certain things. DbD isn't one of them.

    Especially when half the community gets off on being giant jack asses in game.

  • They'd have to do this with survivors as well. Just keep that in mind while a rank 20 loops you all game.

  • Well, you'd still get placed against red rank SWF's if you were rank 17 anyway. So hey.

  • @HamletEagle

    Why is the "Let's not ruin the game..." argument always on the survivor's side? Killers are dealing with just as much frustration, and they don't have three other players backing them up.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356625#Comment_1356625

    Take a wild guess.

    Yes, as a new PH I'm getting thrashed by sweaty survivors who can abuse the weak mechanics of the game.

    Does that make my point any less valid? No.

    He is super strong. Like infectious fright worthy. He needs no chase perks and it's fantastic.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/927/HH691ZWG6DKH.png

    We’ve observed a growing Community concern about matchmaking in recent months. Matchmaking wait times have exceeded our targeted limits and we’ve seen rank disparities fluctuate. In this Status Update, we will go in details on factors impacting the matchmaking, our current matchmaking system and our future solutions.  

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/793/ZSC8B6CPRDCP.png

    Above are the three variable factors in matchmaking, with a fourth being the number of players on each role, with an ideal ratio of 4 survivors for 1 killer at all times. When dealing with matchmaking, we need to decide how much to focus on each of the factors. If we focus on one point, the other points will see some sort of impact. For example, if we focus on time, your matches will likely end up being less fair, and you might get paired with people further away. Dedicated servers have helped us ensure a stable connection, with over 90% of players being put into matches with 150 ping and under. Our goal is to get you into a match as quickly as possible with a good connection, without compromising too much on fairness.  

    This is a difficult task in a game like Dead by Daylight, where both sides have different objectives and cannot be directly compared to one another. We’ve attempted to address this in the past with the Emblem system, but upon further review, we’ve concluded that rank does not directly correlate to skill. While a player who plays a lot will tend to be better than someone who plays very little, there are also players who are good at the game but don’t play enough to reach the upper ranks. 

    To help improve with the fairness factor without sacrificing wait times or pings, we will be making two changes. The first is a new system to better reflect a player’s skill level, and the second is a change to the matchmaking system to create fairer matches. 

     

    Going forward, we will use a hidden skill rating for matchmaking purposes. Your skill rating will increase when you do well and decrease when you do poorly. To keep this as fair as possible, the system will predict the outcome of the match based on the difference in your opponent(s) rating and adjust the amount your rating changes: 

    • If your rating is higher than your opponent(s), your rating will increase less if you win and drop more if you lose. 
    • If your rating is lower than your opponent(s), your rating will increase more if you win and drop less if you lose. 

    This way, even if you aren’t perfectly matched with people of the exact same skill level, your rating will not change unfairly. 

    In the future, we would like to extend this system to support different ratings for each killer, allowing you to practice a new killer without being immediately matched against high skilled players. This may not be included in the initial launch of the feature. 

     

    Additionally, to make sure that your matches are as fair as possible, we will be switching over to “batch matchmaking”. 

    Currently, our matchmaking system takes the player in queue and looks for a match close to their rank. If it is unable to find an appropriate match, it will gradually expand the search range until it is able to give you a match. This can lead to both unfair matches and long queue times. 

    The new batch matchmaking will instead pool a larger number of players together, compare their skill levels, and then create the fairest matches possible simultaneously. With a larger pool to pick from, we hope to improve the fairness factor of matchmaking while also keeping pings and wait times low.  

     

    The release of these changes will be gradual. With the release of the mid-chapter update, we are able to start tracking skill levels. For the time being, this is only a test and is not being used for matchmaking purposes. Once we are confident that the skill rating is working as intended, we will be running tests on live servers. 

    When this happens, you may notice some disparity in ranks during your matches. This is to be expected as rank will no longer be used for matchmaking purposes at this time. To avoid confusion, we are considering removing ranks from the post-match scoreboard once testing is complete, as they will no longer be relevant to matchmaking. Ranks will remain visible only to you for bragging rights and a goal to work towards, but will be a reflection of your dedication to the game rather than skill for the time being. 

    We are confident that these changes will allow us to create fairer matches without losing sight of our goals; to get you into a match as soon as possible with a solid connection. We’ll be sure to keep you posted on our progress as we move forward. 


    "In the future, we would like to extend this system to support different ratings for each killer, allowing you to practice a new killer without being immediately matched against high skilled players. This may not be included in the initial launch of the feature. "

    It's being considered apparently.

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124795/status-update-matchmaking-changes

    "In the future, we would like to extend this system to support different ratings for each killer, allowing you to practice a new killer without being immediately matched against high skilled players. This may not be included in the initial launch of the feature. "

    It's being considered apparently.

    I know. I just think it needs to happen sooner.

  • The game is honestly a lot more fun and balanced at the lower ranks anyway (win or lose). That's my solace in a killer loss, personally.