3 Seconds Is More Than Enough

I'm a Legion main and I like to see most of the threads that appear on the forum about the killer.

But one thing about them is that when anyone asks "Why did Legion get his fatigue increased to 4 seconds from 3?" the answer from the devs is always "Because they are a 4.6 m/s killer and the power would be too oppressive in chase and the survivor gets almost no time to run away to a pallet or window."

I got intrigued if it is really that bad to have a 3 seconds cooldown, so I decided to test that with a friend of mine. These videos are purely to measure the distance that the survivor gets when Legion cancels frenzy right behind the survivor so no mindgames or anything else like that matters here (in the second one i used shadowborn oops). I also recorded them in a kinda realistic scenario.

For the people who might say "But they had the speed boost from the hit" - I only cancelled the frenzy when I was very very close to the survivor so they had no speed boost there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcWjbyiy4-M


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTBF2aUcnxs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTWwzkflGF4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgyBuVX2Z8w

I think that 3 seconds fatigue is more than enough for a survivor to run away to safety from the killer.

The cooldown add-ons could just be reworked into something completely different.

Tell me your opinion about this.

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356509#Comment_1356509

    When I look at the average number of kills for Legion, it's right in the middle. They're not the best, they're not the worst. This is across all maps, all ranks. That's as much detail as I can go into on this.

    If thats you metric, its poor. I suggest looking at which killers get picked more and how long their average trail looks like. Then look at and consist outlier and try to uncover what is happening and how it is happening. Also, you got to ask yerselves is this really so bad/good and how are the fans reacting.


    This should be reviewed weekly for any notable changes and more testing should be done to see how prototype balance changes will operate, as wellas be received by the community.

  • @MB666 said:

    if the devs just reduce the fatigue(3.5s or 3s) and change cooldown addons to speed addons would be great.. :)

    I agree that the cooldown add ons should be changed if the fatigue is reduced but what i feel like would be better going in the lines of what you're suggesting is giving the speed back to the detection range add ons as a bonus to what it is now. What do you think?

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356509#Comment_1356509

    When I look at the average number of kills for Legion, it's right in the middle. They're not the best, they're not the worst. This is across all maps, all ranks. That's as much detail as I can go into on this.

    Considering how the developers on the streams have stated before multiple times to not take the numbers seriously, I find it really ironic that you then turn around and decide to quote numbers.

    The real salt in the wound is the fact that everyone with at least half a brain in the community knows that Legion is an absolute dogsh*t killer and the person who thought the last "rework" (it was a plethora of nerfs not a rework and if you insist on calling it a rework, I find your attempt to be really sad and laughable at best) was a good idea to be completely and utterly incompetent.


    TL:DR Nobody cares about your numbers, stop bringing them up and actually listen to your community, because they clearly understand this game better than you do.

  • @NullSp3c said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1361630#Comment_1361630

    The problem is that the nurse is high challenge, high reward. Legion is high challenge mid-low reward because their lethality has been taken away with the update. Stalling and knowing where the survivors are is only good if you can actually down them, otherwise they are useless. Being a m1 killer is a joke with most of the survivors that i get when matchmaking is up, you can feel the difference when the matchmaking is live or not.

    Also the kill rate isn't low because they are focusing that on all ranks and all maps. Considering low ranks as a stat is already a flaw imo but how the matchmaking is screwed makes it even worse to track something.

    I bet that legion has average kills because of many people like me that get a good amount of sacrifices per game but sweat their balls off like i do. You need to make little to no mistake with legion because using the power is bad for you most of the time. This is facts and no kill ratio can change that.

    i believe that taking out that 1 second is more a QoL change than balance because with 3 or 4 seconds fatigue the survivor can run away to safety without a problem. This change just makes it less annoying for the killer to take the fatigue.

    The videos that i showed are obvious in showing that even 3 seconds fatigue is more than enough for someone to run.

    I just want the matchmaking to come and maybe those very vague stats can change into something that more accurately reflect what me and many other legion players experience.

    I disagree. The plight of Legion is just not that disadvantaged. I literally just played a Legion. They did just fine, despite not being particularly good. I agree - killers sense of pressure in a match is greater, but that's true with all killers and the nature of the killer role vs. survivor role. You can argue you don't like the stats for whatever reason, but the data is what is. Legion does just fine in both the overall data and the red rank specific data. Legion is currently doing just fine. Changing times on any ability is not a QoL change - it's a buff or a nerf...I guess some would also call it "balance". And no, he doesn't need a buff. I agree, I am looking forward to matchmaking coming. If I get one more potato survivor team where half of them score half of what I score in a match, I'm going to start bleeding from the eyes.

  • It is, but because main survivors cried oceans this is what we got. Probably 90% of the survivors playerbase hate legion. And don't forget the miss attack fatigue... what a joke.. like if Legion was a Nurse Tier to get some fatigue... That change was the most dumb thing they did.

  • Agree Imo even 2 seconds wouldn't be too op. Hell why am I still here even? Well... anyway greetings my friend!

  • I don't mind the 4 second fatigue. It doesn't really hold me up all that bad. The thing that hits me the hardest is the miss penalty.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356509#Comment_1356509

    When I look at the average number of kills for Legion, it's right in the middle. They're not the best, they're not the worst. This is across all maps, all ranks. That's as much detail as I can go into on this.

    I don't think the post is related to how good or how bad legion is. I think it is related to legion not feeling rewarding enough when he successfully lands a good feral frenzy on entire team. For example, when you play Huntress, when you hit all your hatchets, it just feels really good. With legion, It feels like you do a lot of work as legion when you play him, but your reward at the end of the day is 4 second stun that is almost as long as Decisive strike. I might be interpreting the post incorrectly, but I think the reason why people rate legion as terrible killer is because he feels bad to play, not that he can't produce results.

    I feel like he reminds me of old freddy in the sense that old freddy had some good elements about him but he didn't feel quite right. New legion is similar problem. He doesn't strike the correct notes. From survivor POV, his power is not interactive. From the killer POV, He doesn't feel rewarding in a sense that the player does not feel very accomplished when being successful with his power. Legion lacks good elements of strategy as a killer and good elements of counter-play/interactivity for the survivor. I think the idea behind making a killer that punishes grouping is really cool concept for DBD but it isn't properly expressed/imagined. perhaps Old freddy was a better imagination of a killer that punishes grouping up by putting multiple people into dream world and than plays a cool wallhack/stealth game with survivors, but that is perhaps forgone concept.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    Agree Imo even 2 seconds wouldn't be too op. Hell why am I still here even? Well... anyway greetings my friend!

    You're here because you were passionate about this game and what happened to you was the worse, friend, but no further discussion about that here.

    I feel like 2 seconds would be op, 2.5 seconds would be the sweet spot.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    I don't mind the 4 second fatigue. It doesn't really hold me up all that bad. The thing that hits me the hardest is the miss penalty.

    I, personally, that played Legion for over 800 hours am really getting annoyed by the 4 seconds cooldown. 3 seconds is a lot better and makes almost no difference for the survivors.

  • @Irisora said:

    It is, but because main survivors cried oceans this is what we got. Probably 90% of the survivors playerbase hate legion. And don't forget the miss attack fatigue... what a joke.. like if Legion was a Nurse Tier to get some fatigue... That change was the most dumb thing they did.

    As many people said in the thread, the "rework" was a quickly done and rush with no very complex thought behind it. I thought the rework was good before actually trying it but i was playing for 4 months at that time so yh.

    After experiencing the rework, you feel like youre not rewarded for doing anything with the power. You feel like youre rewarded only when you get 3 or 4 hits very quickly and no one has mended yet... but again you get the 4 seconds stun. It feels sluggish.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1361660#Comment_1361660

    I disagree. The plight of Legion is just not that disadvantaged. I literally just played a Legion. They did just fine, despite not being particularly good. I agree - killers sense of pressure in a match is greater, but that's true with all killers and the nature of the killer role vs. survivor role. You can argue you don't like the stats for whatever reason, but the data is what is. Legion does just fine in both the overall data and the red rank specific data. Legion is currently doing just fine. Changing times on any ability is not a QoL change - it's a buff or a nerf...I guess some would also call it "balance". And no, he doesn't need a buff. I agree, I am looking forward to matchmaking coming. If I get one more potato survivor team where half of them score half of what I score in a match, I'm going to start bleeding from the eyes.

    The data that they are based on is the same data that they told us not to base on. Which makes sense WHY we shouldn't make assumptions based on that. What doesn't make sense is a dev presenting an argument based on that. The stats dont show anything. Massive community agreement means more than that imo.

  • I think legion should have something in antiloop, maybe even 3 hits to down someone using frenzy like it was before and you can also use your power at any time with 3 seconds fatique and that's all.

  • The kill rates isn't my issue, I can kill with legion, I just wish they weren't so punishing.

    Imagine you knew nothing about legion, like they were an unreleased killer. And before you were told about their power you were told about its conditions and drawbacks.

    A long recharge time. A long stun that can't be avoided apart from doing really niche stuff that relies on survivors being stupid. A stun and loss of all power with one miss. Can't see blood or scratchmarks. Basic attacks drain the meter too.

    Compare that with their predecessor, spirit, whose power is known to be amazing. Short recharge time, no stuns of any kind, basic attacks don't drain her power, can see scratchmarks.

    You'd be forgiven for thinking that with those disadvantages legion would have the most insane power in the game right? Some sort of nurse/billy combo, going through walls and instadowning or whatever.

    But actually it's zoom zoom gotta go kinda fast

    P.s. their add-ons suck. Add-on dependent killer with crap add-ons, you love to see it.

  • @PayneKiller said:

    I think legion should have something in antiloop, maybe even 3 hits to down someone using frenzy like it was before and you can also use your power at any time with 3 seconds fatique and that's all.

    That is basically bringing old legion with the same problems that he had but this time it's even worse for the survivors because the power now lasts 4 seconds longer and he is a 4.6 m/s killer. That isn't the way to change them.

  • @NullSp3c said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363240#Comment_1363240

    That is basically bringing old legion with the same problems that he had but this time it's even worse for the survivors because the power now lasts 4 seconds longer and he is a 4.6 m/s killer. That isn't the way to change them.

    you can't moonwalk as him anymore and he loses his power if he miss, so I think that's fine. Every killer have something that helps you catch a survivor except the legion, even bubba can use his rage attack to catch a survivor. We had a great example of killer without antiloop and slowdown - old freddy. The legion is kinda same, as old freddy it took 5 seconds to send a survivor to the dream state, while you can't hit him but almost every time 1 hit was guaranteed and massive slowdown, with legion you suffer from 4 seconds fatigue after using your power and slowdown is kinda meh nowadays, consider 2 mending addons nerfs and defalt mending speed nerf+can't apply sloppeh in frenzy. Its really hard to balance this killer. But balancing him around "skill" is kinda dumb because legion takes really low skill to use his power and giving him bonuses for hitting like 3-4 survivors in 1 frenzy use is bad because rng, survivors can spawn different from each other and it would be impossible to hit them all, we would have killer a.k.a pig, which based on luck.

  • @PayneKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363405#Comment_1363405

    you can't moonwalk as him anymore and he loses his power if he miss, so I think that's fine. Every killer have something that helps you catch a survivor except the legion, even bubba can use his rage attack to catch a survivor. We had a great example of killer without antiloop and slowdown - old freddy. The legion is kinda same, as old freddy it took 5 seconds to send a survivor to the dream state, while you can't hit him but almost every time 1 hit was guaranteed and massive slowdown, with legion you suffer from 4 seconds fatigue after using your power and slowdown is kinda meh nowadays, consider 2 mending addons nerfs and defalt mending speed nerf+can't apply sloppeh in frenzy. Its really hard to balance this killer. But balancing him around "skill" is kinda dumb because legion takes really low skill to use his power and giving him bonuses for hitting like 3-4 survivors in 1 frenzy use is bad because rng, survivors can spawn different from each other and it would be impossible to hit them all, we would have killer a.k.a pig, which based on luck.

    I think you got the right idea. Imo Legion is the 2nd or 3rd worse killer in the game and feels very unrewarding playing them. They WILL need to be lethal but not that way.

    Making a killer miss a hit isn't the type of mechanic that you should base balance on because there are many factors affecting that: latency, hitboxes, aim dressing, etc etc.

    There are other ways to make legion lethal and make them chain hits without having lots of punishment and still being balanced.

  • @NullSp3c said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363551#Comment_1363551

    I think you got the right idea. Imo Legion is the 2nd or 3rd worse killer in the game and feels very unrewarding playing them. They WILL need to be lethal but not that way.

    Making a killer miss a hit isn't the type of mechanic that you should base balance on because there are many factors affecting that: latency, hitboxes, aim dressing, etc etc.

    There are other ways to make legion lethal and make them chain hits without having lots of punishment and still being balanced.

    I don't think there is the way to rework their power because the legion is just a bunch of teens who can only stab stab and stab everyone , so I don't think there is a way to change their power.I think devs will forget about this killer because they don't want to hear another complaints from community.

  • @Yukihere said:

    TLDR: As of November Legion is up around 65% killrate. We'd like that to be higher -.-

    Did you know?: Devs said you shouldnt take any conclusion for such vague stats. Which i agree because they are indeed very vague.

  • @PayneKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363567#Comment_1363567

    I don't think there is the way to rework their power because the legion is just a bunch of teens who can only stab stab and stab everyone , so I don't think there is a way to change their power.I think devs will forget about this killer because they don't want to hear another complaints from community.

    I think there is a way.

    @NullSp3c said:

    Hi! So, I wanted to make a general change to how legion works, maintaining the feral frenzy's objective and power but it will feel much more fun to play as and to play against. It's very similar, but very different at the same time.

    I want to clear his already: Deep wounds is in a near-perfect state as it is now because it can't be exploited by both sides.

    I'll first make the description of the power and then put the numbers and add-ons that need a change after it. Please note that Frenzy is the power itself (any mention to this applies to both stances), Feral Frenzy is a stance and Bestial Frenzy is another stance. This seems really hard to understand, but it is pretty easier than it looks, specially in-game i think its easier to understand.

    So here's the power:

    FRENZY

    The Legion has a Frenzy power gauge that builds up over time. When tapping the Power button, The Legion goes into Feral Frenzy. While Frenzy is active, the power gauge drains rapidly and the power ends when the gauge is empty, entering in a fatigue state.

    When Feral Frenzy is active, The Legion enters a deadly rage:

    • The Legion sprints faster than base movement speed.
    • The Legion's terror radius is increased.
    • The Legion can vault windows faster. Can break pallets, but not vault them.
    • Survivors' Scratch Marks and blood pools are hidden from The Legion's view.
    • Missing an attack depletes half of The Legion's entire power gauge and ends the power immediately.
    • Applying Deep Wounds triggers "Killer Instinct", revealing the location of all Survivors who do not have the Deep Wound Status Effect applied and are within The Legion's Terror Radius.
    • Hitting a non-healthy Survivor puts the survivor in the dying state, depletes The Legion's entire power gauge and ends the power immediately.
    • Hitting a healthy Survivor upgrades Feral Frenzy into Beastial Frenzy until the power ends, refills the Legion's entire power gauge and inflicts Deep Wounds to that survivor.

    While in Beastial Frenzy:

    • The Legion sprints even faster.
    • The power gauge lasts longer.
    • Survivors' Scratch Marks are hidden from The Legion's view.
    • Missed attacks have a reduced cooldown, deplete 25% of the power gauge and no longer end the Frenzy.
    • Legion is also able to vault pallets but not to break them.
    • Hitting a survivor:
      • Applies the Deep Wound Status Effect.
      • Injures the Survivor, if they are not already injured.
      • Refills The Legion's entire power gauge.

    While in Beastial Frenzy, hitting a survivor who is currently afflicted with the Deep Wound Status Effect:

    • Reduces a portion of the survivor's deep wound bleedout timer.
    • Depletes The Legion's entire power gauge and ends the power immediately.

    NOTE: Hitting a Survivor with a basic attack will deplete the power gauge.

    Some notes that aren't in the power description but might be important too
    • Manually cancelling the power depletes the power bar (like OG legion).
    • Getting hit by a pallet outside of Frenzy does NOT deplete the power gauge.
    • Pretty much like now, Frenzy's attacks are NOT basic attacks (so no sinergy with exposed).
    • Legion can see auras while Killer Instinct is activated.
    Some not so important things that i think that need adjustment for these changes (Ex: Visual clues and QoL changes)
    • Add a VFX to make a distinction between Feral Frenzy and Bestial Frenzy. I would suggest to make some kind of wind particles go from the front of Legion to behind (pretty much like in the power icon) when in Beastial Fenzy, to give an idea of bonus speed.

    NOW ONTO THE VALUES

    Base Killer stats
    • 4.4 m/s (110%)
    • 24 meter terror radius

    POWER STATS/NUMBERS

    FRENZY

    • The power can only be activated when the power gauge is full.
    • Refill time: 15 seconds.
    • Terror radius increase: 24 meters --> 32 meters.
    • Fatigue Duration: 3 seconds.
    Feral Frenzy
    • Speed: 5.2 m/s.
    • Duration: 7 seconds.
    • Vault Duration: 0.9 seconds.
    • Breaking pallets: Same speed as normal (stops the draining of the power gauge until the animation finishes).
    Bestial Frenzy
    • Speed increase: +0.2 m/s (5.4 m/s)
    • Duration increase: +3 seconds (10 seconds)
    • Vault Duration for windows and pallets: 0.9 seconds.
    • Survivor's deep wound timer reduction: 10 seconds (30 second timer).

    ADD-ONS

    Common add-ons:
    • Smiley Face Pin: Slightly decreases the power gauge depletion on successful attacks outside of Frenzy. (10% of the gauge remains).
    • Scratched Ruler: Slightly reduces Frenzy Recovery time. Does not stack. (2 seconds).
    • Mischief List: Slightly increases Beastial Frenzy's duration. (+1 second).
    • Friendship Bracelet:
      • Slightly increases the terror radius while in Frenzy. (+4 meters)
      • Slightly increases the movement speed of Frenzy. (+0.1 m/s)
    Uncommon add-ons:
    • Never-Sleep Pills:
      • Moderately increases the terror radius while in Frenzy. (+8 meters)
      • Slightly increases the movement speed of Frenzy. (+0.1 m/s)
    • Mural Sketch: Slightly increases Beastial Frenzy's duration. (+1.5 seconds).
    • Julie's Mixtape: Survivors put into deep wounds suffer from the Mangled status effect for 60 seconds.
    • Etched Ruler: Moderately reduces Frenzy's Recovery time. Does not stack. (3.5 seconds).
    • Defaced Smiley Pin: Moderately decreases the power gauge depletion on successful attacks outside of Frenzy. (20% of the gauge remains).
    Rare add-ons:
    • The Legion Pin: Considerably decreases the power gauge depletion on successful attacks outside of Frenzy. (30% of the gauge remains).
    • Susie's Mixtape:
      • Considerably increases the terror radius while in Frenzy. (+16 meters).
      • Moderately increases the movement speed of Frenzy. (+0.2 m/s)
    • Stolen Sketch Book: Slightly increases Beastial Frenzy's duration. (+2 seconds).
    • Nasty Blade: Slightly increases Mending time. (1.5 seconds)
    • Joey's MIxtape: Survivors put into deep wounds suffer from the Broken status effect for 60 seconds.
    Very Rare add-ons:
    • Stab Wounds Study:
      • While suffering from deep wounds:
        • Survivors' grunts of pain are considerably louder (50% louder than normal).
        • Survivors' suffer from the oblivious status effect.
    • Frank's Mixtape: While in Feral Frenzy, missed attacks have a reduced cooldown and only drop 33% of the power gauge. While in Beastial Frenzy missed attacks don't drop the power gauge.
    • Filthy Blade: Moderately increases mending time. (2.5 seconds)
    • Cold Dirt: Survivors put into deep wounds moderately suffer from the Hindered status effect until fully mended (-0.2m/s) and from the Blindness status effect for 60 seconds.
    Ultra Rare add-ons:
    • Fuming Mixtape:
      • While using Frenzy, the Repair Progression of Generators can be determined by the intensity of their Auras.
    • Iridescent Button: During Frenzy:
      • Your Terror Radius affects the entire Map.
      • Any pallets you vault are immediately broken.
      • You break pallets 25% faster while in Feral Frenzy. Does not stack.

    CAREFULLY read ALL of the topics above, because some things here sound really overpowered if you don't read everything.

    I want to know your opinions on this and if you have any questions, i will answer them. I did a lot of work on this, so i would appreciate constructive feedback.

    Have a nice day, everyone!

    See this rework that i made. It's very complex at first but then you see that it is simpler.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    In a knee-jerk reaction to the broken state in which he was released, the devs over-corrected for Legion. Instead of tweaking a couple things here or there to balance him, they nerfed him in multiple ways that left him hobbled and just because he's limping at 4.6 m/s doesn't mean it's not limping.

    The stun is too long, and whiffing shouldn't take him out of Feral Frenzy, a missed attack cooldown would be more than enough given you're losing time during a power that's already too short if survivors are spread out.

    Not to specifically mention, but loss of On-Hit basic attack effects during frenzy was a yuge loss for legion

  • @Yukihere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363637#Comment_1363637

    That's good to know.

    So since the metric of 2 escapes, 2 kills had been used to ever increase buffs to killers and nerfs to survivors, can we just undo that now?

    I can't wait for the return of infinites, and I'm not talking the pseudo-infinites bad killers hold onto when they get owned.

    Why do you seem upset about the idea of one killer having mechanics altered to make them less irritating to play as? No-one's saying make them the next spirit, just make their power less unrewarding.

  • @Yukihere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363654#Comment_1363654

    Wouldn't say I'm upset. If I was being critical I'd say I was oversimplifying the argument. Having said that I'm not wrong either.

    Would you exchange your positive 3 sec in exchange for adding a negative?

    I wouldn't mind a trade-off usually except I'm not sure how many more penalities can be added to legion's power. Maybe a missed frenzy attack instantly powers the exit gates?

  • @Peppa_Pigsaw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1357176#Comment_1357176

    Considering how the developers on the streams have stated before multiple times to not take the numbers seriously, I find it really ironic that you then turn around and decide to quote numbers.

    The real salt in the wound is the fact that everyone with at least half a brain in the community knows that Legion is an absolute dogsh*t killer and the person who thought the last "rework" (it was a plethora of nerfs not a rework and if you insist on calling it a rework, I find your attempt to be really sad and laughable at best) was a good idea to be completely and utterly incompetent.

    TL:DR Nobody cares about your numbers, stop bringing them up and actually listen to your community, because they clearly understand this game better than you do.

    Actually you guys are the ones that insist on calling it a rework. The devs didn't call it one. The update was even called the "The Legion Update"

    Contrast Freddy, which actually WAS called a rework.

  • @Yukihere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363637#Comment_1363637

    That's good to know.

    So since the metric of 2 escapes, 2 kills had been used to ever increase buffs to killers and nerfs to survivors, can we just undo that now?

    I can't wait for the return of infinites, and I'm not talking the pseudo-infinites bad killers hold onto when they get owned.

    No one reverts changes just because they changed their philosophy if they are good changes. Infinites are braindead like old legion.

    By your logic the past year should be undone which makes no sense at all. 2 kills 2 escapes is a good metric but only when looking at a case by case scenario not by stats that depend on all ranks and maps. When matchmaking is finally fixed, they should see the high tier playerbase and see their games. And of course those changes should always take in account other levels of play, but the main focus should be to fix the issues of high level play.

    Even tho this is a fun game, to make it fun you must remove the element of frustration of a character/mechanic and that is the 4 second cooldown power that isn't lethal, missing a hit, being a m1 killer in the end, etc etc.

  • Legion was changed from a bad Killer with an addon that made him busted, to a bad Killer with no busted addons.

    Do remember that. He was bad before the update and was still bad after the update.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1362529#Comment_1362529

    Actually you guys are the ones that insist on calling it a rework. The devs didn't call it one. The update was even called the "The Legion Update"

    Contrast Freddy, which actually WAS called a rework.

    That is true. They should rework them or update them in a way to make his power lethal and give him chaining hits potential.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    Legion was changed from a bad Killer with an addon that made him busted, to a bad Killer with no busted addons.

    Do remember that. He was bad before the update and was still bad after the update.

    Forgot to say: The problem is that legion has been like this for over a year and people who like the game style need to keep playing like this and the devs still think that legion is fine, so they disagree with all of us. I can't understand it.

  • @Yukihere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363694#Comment_1363694

    Did you know?: Devs said you shouldnt take any conclusion for such vague stats. Which i agree because they are indeed very vague.

    Either their sticking to their metric or not. Make up your mind.

    "Either their sticking to their metric or not. Make up your mind." ? Where is this coming from?

    Almo was the one that said that their stats showed that legion is right in the middle. But they said before that we shouldn't take the stats into account. I'm really confused with it still.

  • @Yukihere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363718#Comment_1363718

    I can tell.

    They've made decisions based off the metric that creates the stats that I perceive as 'good' so we should hold onto them. However, when I perceive something as 'bad' were allowed to say its all vague and shouldn't hold onto it.

    It's the perfect crime.

    You were the one saying that they should revert everything. I'm saying that they shouldn't revert everything and that is the flaw of your logic.

    A thing that i think they should revert is the legion update, not everything. Stop putting words in my mouth.

  • @Yukihere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363718#Comment_1363718

    I can tell.

    They've made decisions based off the metric that creates the stats that I perceive as 'good' so we should hold onto them. However, when I perceive something as 'bad' were allowed to say its all vague and shouldn't hold onto it.

    It's the perfect crime.

    If they end up doing good changes here and there even if their philosophy is wrong, they shouldn't revert THOSE changes.

  • @Yukihere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363744#Comment_1363744

    Dude, I could literally copy and paste my last answer to you that you tried to refute.

    Let me take one WILD GUESS what constitutes a 'good' change in your eyes......

    You dont need to take a wild guess, the matter of discussion was that they dont need to revert everything.

    Its useless to argue with you. I am the one picking my words... sure, bro.

    You're turning the conversation around and telling me that i did what you did. Ill stop answering you because we're getting off topic with your logic.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1356509#Comment_1356509

    When I look at the average number of kills for Legion, it's right in the middle. They're not the best, they're not the worst. This is across all maps, all ranks. That's as much detail as I can go into on this.

    It's not about stats. If changing the stun wouldn't impact their stats at all but increasing the enjoyment of playing them - why not just changing it?

    The stun feels so long. And their power is already pretty punishing and not lethal.

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    honestly the 4s stun is why i don't play legion much if at all. sure he wasn't the best initially but the 4s stun is like being hit with a ds or head on constantly, only you can move at like 20% your speed, except your also being blinded like a nurse,

    least nurses stun (her lookdown etc) balances out the fact that she is lethal in her attacks

    i will say this, and say it again until the day i die. legion shouldn't be built around deep wounds, but rather be the counterpart to nurse, as ghostface is to myers.

    legion should be able to do normal damage in his frenzy as if it was an m1 attack. at the same time though, successful hits should diminish his power gauge much like with oni. His rechage should be 20s for a 10s use period where he can just go ape, really fast, and shorter cooldowns/faster vaults and vaulting pallets. missing attacks should pull him out and be punished. his reach should be shortened to compensate for his increased speed requiring him to be precise. stuns in frenzy should double stun and remove his power. exiting and entering frenzy should be able to be done at any stage of his power gauge, but he can lower his power below that of which is 0 left by successfully downing a survivor or being stunned, forcing him into a longer cooldown.

    take away deepwounds and his tracking. he doesn't need those. he needs lethality, and would've done so much better as a pseudo nurse/oni style rampager with long cooldowns, who has no tracking or extra abilities other then to just ignore pallets and vaults temporarily at the expense of losing all tracking on survivors (blood and scratch marks) and requiring precision hits. you could even make it that successful hits lengthen his power time, but have attack cooldowns, but successful downs take him out of his power.

    I dont know that this sounds fun, i guess nurse is not fun to play against for a lot of people either but it sounds lime to me that you will just get downed by a legion when their power is active if they are good, no real chase interactions

  • @NullSp3c said:

    I'm a Legion main and I like to see most of the threads that appear on the forum about the killer.

    But one thing about them is that when anyone asks "Why did Legion get his fatigue increased to 4 seconds from 3?" the answer from the devs is always "Because they are a 4.6 m/s killer and the power would be too oppressive in chase and the survivor gets almost no time to run away to a pallet or window."

    I got intrigued if it is really that bad to have a 3 seconds cooldown, so I decided to test that with a friend of mine. These videos are purely to measure the distance that the survivor gets when Legion cancels frenzy right behind the survivor so no mindgames or anything else like that matters here (in the second one i used shadowborn oops). I also recorded them in a kinda realistic scenario.

    For the people who might say "But they had the speed boost from the hit" - I only cancelled the frenzy when I was very very close to the survivor so they had no speed boost there.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcWjbyiy4-M

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTBF2aUcnxs

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTWwzkflGF4

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgyBuVX2Z8w

    I think that 3 seconds fatigue is more than enough for a survivor to run away to safety from the killer.

    The cooldown add-ons could just be reworked into something completely different.

    Tell me your opinion about this.

    You could be stunned for 5 or 6 seconds. Or just 4 💃

1 2 3 ›