This game is not fun

this game enrages me more than every single other game i have ever played, and also added on top of that, a very toxic community and players that amplifies the problems.

This game may not be dead, but it surely dead to me.

Comments

  • Posts: 402

    Seems like you thought it was fun at one point. What changed?

  • It can be frustrating i know.

  • @lucid4444 said:

    Posts: 402

    Seems like you thought it was fun at one point. What changed?

    One of the biggest change was the fact that I started to get games as killer where 4 gens get done in 3 minutes, no matter how much I try. This game is less about skill, and more about how stupid the opponent is.

    The game gets faster and faster.

  • You just gotta learn to ignore the not so friendly people.Responding to them just feeds them the attention They want. You gotta just let them be morons on the internet.

  • @Victor_hensley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338733#Comment_1338733

    One of the biggest change was the fact that I started to get games as killer where 4 gens get done in 3 minutes, no matter how much I try. This game is less about skill, and more about how stupid the opponent is.

    The game gets faster and faster.

    "More about how stupid the opponent is"

    There's definitely a little truth to this, but I doubt you're playing at the level where this is the only thing left to blame.

  • if you're not having fun anymore I'd suggest you to drop the game, or at least take a big pause from it. So many people have been "ruined" by this game, most of them are content creator, forced to play this game despite hating it.

  • @YaiPa said:

    if you're not having fun anymore I'd suggest you to drop the game, or at least take a big pause from it. So many people have been "ruined" by this game, most of them are content creator, forced to play this game despite hating it.

    The devs just don't get the hint.

  • If you get three gens done in 3 minutes then you are obviously trash and not doing what needs to be done to stop that. I play in 4-man SWfs and killers do find ways to stop us...and since they nerfed tool boxes gens are in no way even faster than before. There are various perks you can use to put on pressure and there are killers are better at pressure than others. If you have a no perk trapper against a Task Force Blue four man swf...yeah expect to get smashed.


    @NinjaDette1 said:

    You just gotta learn to ignore the not so friendly people.Responding to them just feeds them the attention They want. You gotta just let them be morons on the internet.

    I'm more of the very very unfriendly type actually.

  • they care about money, every balance change they make is just a band-aid, devs are unreliable for every actual fix (see matchmaking where they're not even trying to understand the issue, rather changing the whole thing, or nurse, never been touched again because it's not a survivor priority and nobody uses her anymore), bugs like ghost chainsaw are still in the game, they promised dedicated servers without having any skill required and now dedicated servers are one of the major problem of the game (like every killer got a new bug due to servers).

    if you want to have fun in this game you need to understand two thing:

    1. devs are incompetent, skill-wise and game knowledge-wise;
    2. you're gonna certain games, no matter what you do, because that's how game works, that's how devs want the game to work.
  • @toxcitynacl said:

    If you get three gens done in 3 minutes then you are obviously trash and not doing what needs to be done to stop that. I play in 4-man SWfs and killers do find ways to stop us...and since they nerfed tool boxes gens are in no way even faster than before. There are various perks you can use to put on pressure and there are killers are better at pressure than others. If you have a no perk trapper against a Task Force Blue four man swf...yeah expect to get smashed.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338738#Comment_1338738

    I'm more of the very very unfriendly type actually.

    saying killer perks wins you game 100% of the time

  • My guess, from the enrage, is that at this point the gameplay loop devolves into annoying the other team as much as you can until the end, and that it's rare to have a game where it feels like a cat and mouse survival experience.

    On the killer side, looping is an incredibly dumb mechanic, pallets are stupid annoying, 2nd chance perks when you've done everything you can to get some relief from the time-crunch are super irritating, gen repair speed is ultra frustrating. So they resort to cheese gameplay like tunneling/camping/slugging which generally isn't much more fun for the killer than it is for the survivor.

    On the survivor side, tunneling and camping feels unfair and getting slugged isn't much fun. Perks to slow down gen repair are annoying more than anything else. Killers that subvert the looping meta feel unbalanced.

    After a certain point, there's rarely a game with a hunter-killer stalking prey that have to be creative and resourceful to stay alive and escape. There's no respect for killers as the time demand makes virtually anything a survivor does (with respect to the killer) a net win for their side and requires the killer to play near exactly right in an entirely responsive way to have a chance. In fact that's how most killer wins go, with the survivors pushing that limit to the point of absurdity and making a big enough mistake to give the killer an opening.

    There's very little room for killer creativity or fun - it's just a mad dash to prevent gen completion, doing everything exactly right in response to the survivor's actions or else losing miserably. There's almost no proactive gameplay from the killer side. There's no careful stalk, there's no real ambush, there's no waiting for the perfect opportunity. It's run run run find em find em run run there's one get him get him oof a gen popped get him get him damn pallet get him get him there's dead hard ok got him two more gens popped I probably lose. It's basically just a footrace with surprise hurdles for the killer, and a footrace where you get to throw the hurdles as survivor.

    Edit: To put things in perspective, I'm an average killer main who bought the game hoping to be a survivor main, but quickly learned that there's far less adrenaline in the survivor experience than the killer. I am obviously worse than every killer who posts on the forums, so no point in telling me to get good.

  • @YaiPa said:

    if you're not having fun anymore I'd suggest you to drop the game, or at least take a big pause from it. So many people have been "ruined" by this game, most of them are content creator, forced to play this game despite hating it.

    I guess you are talking about Monto? He really doesn't seem to enjoy DBD.

  • Where are these 4 gen in 3 minute games? Every game I am in my team refuses to do gens and just runs it down to the killer.


    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHERE ARE YOU GENRUSHERS?

  • @YaiPa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338747#Comment_1338747

    they care about money, every balance change they make is just a band-aid, devs are unreliable for every actual fix (see matchmaking where they're not even trying to understand the issue, rather changing the whole thing, or nurse, never been touched again because it's not a survivor priority and nobody uses her anymore), bugs like ghost chainsaw are still in the game, they promised dedicated servers without having any skill required and now dedicated servers are one of the major problem of the game (like every killer got a new bug due to servers).

    if you want to have fun in this game you need to understand two thing:

    1. devs are incompetent, skill-wise and game knowledge-wise;
    2. you're gonna certain games, no matter what you do, because that's how game works, that's how devs want the game to work.

    The point about the devs is spot on. Think Noob3 called them rank 20 developers.



    Not per se. Take a powerful killer with some nice perks and let some fool play and get just owned by a skillful set of survivors. On the other hand, an awful no perk killer against a bunch of potatoes and you get the exact opposite. But some killers are overall weak and if you don't have perks (and skill) you will be owned. Trapper takes time to set up for example. What if you have a Task Force Blue 4-man swfs, all with gen rush perks and high end tool boxes with add-ons. By the time you get any one hooked there are only two gens left. I'd argue some killers do indeed need perks to do well...trapper and the wraith being two of them. Demogorgon, Oni, the Deathslinger, the Pig too really, the Clown among others....yeah. Why most people at high ranks play just a few killers...how many times at the Red Ranks have you see the Demogorgon?

  • You can literally outplay your opponent at every single loop and mind-game but still lose the game because the gen simulation takes absolutely ZERO skill.

  • If survivors are popping gens that fast, that's definitely on you and your ability in the killer role.


    My advice? Either watch streamers play so you passively get better or, what I recommend, play survivor. Especially in higher ranks. You will learn so much that will help you become a better killer.

  • If you're not having fun, I suggest you stop playing and find another game OR you can get gud. Doubt gens get done in about 3 minutes or so

  • @EmpireWinner said:

    If you're not having fun, I suggest you stop playing and find another game OR you can get gud. Doubt gens get done in about 3 minutes or so

    It's definitely possible for all gens to be done in 3 minutes or less.

  • Honestly, sometimes you just need to take a break from certain games.

    I took about a 4 month break from Dead By Daylight as I found myself in a place where I just wasn't having fun. But, I have been playing again and I'm really enjoying myself and looking forward to the next chapter.

    Just use this as an opportunity to catch up with some other games or discover new ones. It's not goodbye, it's goodbye for now.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338799#Comment_1338799

    It's definitely possible for all gens to be done in 3 minutes or less.

    yeah, if it was a 4 man genrush ( PT,bnp etc). I think op is exagerrating if their matches are constantly ending in less than 4 minutes.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    Honestly, sometimes you just need to take a break from certain games.

    I took about a 4 month break from Dead By Daylight as I found myself in a place where I just wasn't having fun. But, I have been playing again and I'm really enjoying myself and looking forward to the next chapter.

    Just use this as an opportunity to catch up with some other games or discover new ones. It's not goodbye, it's goodbye for now.

    It's just too bad the fun times when you come back usually last only a few days, if a whole day at all.

    Game has so much potential but it just spits in your face constantly about what it could be with what it isn't.