Playing a well-liked Killer lowers toxicity

Recently, I've really been enjoying playing Pig. And I've noticed that Survivors have more fun and are nicer to me in general. No one really t-bags me, ######### talks me in endgame chat, or rage quits. People sometimes even boop my snoot :)

Kind of a weird phenomena honestly. I'm still winning games regularly at Rank 1, but the whole experience is just better. Play a Killer that Survivors like. It makes everything better on both sides. People are real toxic when I play Freddy, Spirit, Legion and Ghost Face.

Comments

  • Weird. I don’t like playing Pig’s because her add ons encourage an unfun playstyle. Literally more then half of them weaken survivors with traps on their heads. After dealing with a Pig or two that targets trapped survivors I am sure many survivors will either insta try hard or give up and boop at your snoot until they suicide on hook.

  • People are pretty nice when they see a Demo as well since he's so rare.

  • Ya I usually have the same thing in game as pig. Rarely toxicity. Made a similar thread with 100% of people disagreeing with me so glad to see I'm not alone there.

  • What about people who bought this game because they wanted to play as Freddy or Ghostface? I'm lucky that people like my main, but players shouldn't be restricted to playing killers that survivors like going against.

  • Well in all honesty I’m not a huge pig fan due to people using her to tunnel when I’m trying to take the trap off.But I never Do anything toxic unless a teammate or the killer was first.

  • @Steel_Eyed @NinjaDette1

    The proper way to play pig is to use the traps as game slowdown. I won't actively seek out trapped Survivors because they're not doing generators, healing or saves usually they're just running around to boxes wasting time.

    That being said. If I randomly find someone trying to get a trap off, I will target them because they're usually pretty easy to get a free hit on (I want those STBFL stacks). The traps and boxes are noisy so its relatively easy to hear even if I'm in a chase with someone else or patrolling generators. It's nothing personal just business

  • The only time survivors aren't salty is when the killer loses.

    Actually, even then, they complain. (Had game last night against a SWF with red ranks in it. Two died, two got out. After game one of the red ranks that got out said they were still pissed because - and I quote - "Look at your rank. Now look at mine." 😂)

    I guess same holds true for killers, though.

  • @gatsby said:

    @Steel_Eyed @NinjaDette1

    The proper way to play pig is to use the traps as game slowdown. I won't actively seek out trapped Survivors because they're not doing generators, healing or saves usually they're just running around to boxes wasting time.

    That being said. If I randomly find someone trying to get a trap off, I will target them because they're usually pretty easy to get a free hit on (I want those STBFL stacks). The traps and boxes are noisy so its relatively easy to hear even if I'm in a chase with someone else or patrolling generators. It's nothing personal just business

    While it's true that headtraps are slowdown... Pig's addons which give exhaustion effect and all that is there for a reason.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333806#Comment_1333806

    While it's true that headtraps are slowdown... Pig's addons which give exhaustion effect and all that is there for a reason.

    There are a couple add-ons that change her playstyle like the exhaustion, amanda's letter and amanda's secret. But those aren't the standard playstyle. Most Killers have add-ons like that.

  • @Blueberry said:

    People are pretty nice when they see a Demo as well since he's so rare.

    I'd argue Demo is very much liked just because of how well designed he is. A fair trade of good map pressure and chase potential, he is probably one of the most well designed and balanced killers in the game, being a viable but fair killer against any team except maybe a 4 man depip squad.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333826#Comment_1333826

    There are a couple add-ons that change her playstyle like the exhaustion, amanda's letter and amanda's secret. But those aren't the standard playstyle. Most Killers have add-ons like that.

    There is 4 separate addons that offer various status effects to survivors with headgear. To suggest playing in a way that would make those addons have any value at all is improper is kinda silly. While I agree tunneling 1 survivor for an extended amount of time is likely to lose you the game since your not applying pressure elsewhere, often times people have it in their heads that that helmet is an invisibility cloak and any killer who dares get in their way from going to a puzzle box is playing wrong.

    In truth... apply pressure to EVERYONE, including the guy who has a bomb on his head.

  • @gatsby said:

    Recently, I've really been enjoying playing Pig. And I've noticed that Survivors have more fun and are nicer to me in general. No one really t-bags me, ######### talks me in endgame chat, or rage quits. People sometimes even boop my snoot :)

    Kind of a weird phenomena honestly. I'm still winning games regularly at Rank 1, but the whole experience is just better. Play a Killer that Survivors like. It makes everything better on both sides. People are real toxic when I play Freddy, Spirit, Legion and Ghost Face.

    Same thing happens to me when I play Trapper. Generally the survivors are nice and say gg, even if they get wiped. Maybe against certain killers, they only have themselves to blame, like "ah I should have looked closer to make sure that trap wasn't there", or "I should have taken that path wider".

  • @LordGlint

    I'm not saying I don't chase Survivors with traps if I run into them. But I don't like actively look for them or go out of my way to check puzzle boxes.

  • Pig is well liked.

    People would complain about Nurse ( I still get complaints) Billy, Deathslinger etc.

    But I wanna say Amanda is universally well liked.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333788#Comment_1333788

    I'd argue Demo is very much liked just because of how well designed he is. A fair trade of good map pressure and chase potential, he is probably one of the most well designed and balanced killers in the game, being a viable but fair killer against any team except maybe a 4 man depip squad.

    I think everyone likes demo because he's usually a free escape. I know I'm always happy to see demo, what's he going to do? Kill me? Not likely. He's easier than clown to escape imo and every time I see him he gets steamrolled with a 3-4 escape. Even clown usually does better.

  • As someone who plays a lot of Pig, I do agree with this. The typical killers I play are Pig, Demo and Huntress, with some Doc in between, and don't really get salt for playing that specific killer (although sometimes people really hate Doc). If I get salt it's usually because I "tunneled and camped the hook or something else in my rulebook blah blah". Trying to level up Nurse though for her teachables was something else. I used Plaid Flannel (the add-on that lets you see where you are blinking too) because I never intended to be a Nurse player and I was not good at her, but people were still salty at me for it even when they got the 4 man escape. But there's nothing you can really do to stop players being salty, just gotta say GG WP and move on.


    @NinjaDette1 said:

    Well in all honesty I’m not a huge pig fan due to people using her to tunnel when I’m trying to take the trap off.But I never Do anything toxic unless a teammate or the killer was first.

    Just for the record, having a trap on your head doesn't mean Pigs won't target you. This is a big mistake I see a lot of players make who don't fully understand what to do against a Pig. If you're right in front of her, she's gonna hit you. Why would she bother wasting time trying to find another survivor when you are right there? RBT =/= immunity. A down is a down and she wants to get you sacrificed A.S.A.P, not risk you getting the trap off and doing something productive.

  • @MadArtillery said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333833#Comment_1333833

    I think everyone likes demo because he's usually a free escape. I know I'm always happy to see demo, what's he going to do? Kill me? Not likely.

    I mean it's hard to say whether he is viable or not in my opinion. But I don't really feel like he is a free escape. Though many people probably don't know how to use him optimally, so against them he might seem like a free escape. Still I think he has both fairly good map pressure and chase potential to be potentially devastating in the right hands.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333885#Comment_1333885

    I mean it's hard to say whether he is viable or not in my opinion. But I don't really feel like he is a free escape. Though many people probably don't know how to use him optimally, so against them he might seem like a free escape. Still I think he has both fairly good map pressure and chase potential to be potentially devastating in the right hands.

    Totally disagree. He gives way too much info for any map pressure. Even mediocre solos can easily organize around that and feel completely confident they are safe to do gens. Demo can't even walk without telegraphing it. I find it's not even needed to think or make reads against him, he'll just make everything a surety the whole match. It's far too easy to loop him even without los and he's unlikely to even hear you over his own stomps.

  • @MadArtillery said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333891#Comment_1333891

    Totally disagree. He gives way too much info for any map pressure. Even mediocre solos can easily organize around that and feel completely confident they are safe to do gens. Demo can't even walk without telegraphing it. I find it's not even needed to think or make reads against him, he'll just make everything a surety the whole match. It's far too easy to loop him even without los and he's unlikely to even hear you over his own stomps.

    I do agree that he gives survivors too many sound queues, the devs could improve that aspect. However, being able to teleport across the map still allows him to have decent map pressure, and his shred ability is very strong in chases in my opinion.

  • I want to do this "boop the snoot" I keep hearing so much about.

    ...but I'm afraid...

    😨 how would I go about it ....safely.....😞

  • @Dolls said:

    I want to do this "boop the snoot" I keep hearing so much about.

    ...but I'm afraid...

    😨 how would I go about it ....safely.....😞

    You need to go against a Pig that would show mercy first.

  • @Dolls said:

    I want to do this "boop the snoot" I keep hearing so much about.

    ...but I'm afraid...

    😨 how would I go about it ....safely.....😞

    If you see her crouched in stealth and boop instead of running away most will accept it, you just have to do it the second you see her.

    Most will let you boop and give you a head start. Or hit you let you boop and then let you run away for a few seconds

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333895#Comment_1333895

    I do agree that he gives survivors too many sound queues, the devs could improve that aspect. However, being able to teleport across the map still allows him to have decent map pressure, and his shred ability is very strong in chases in my opinion.

    I dunno, I often use his high speed tunnelling (teleporting is far too instant a word for what he does) against him pretty often. It's just another, do everything for free indicator. And dear god hand a team coms and they'll eat his crap mobility for breakfast. Knowing with certainty where he's going if anyone has eyes on the entry point just makes him utter swf fodder. God those poor demos. That slow animation for an extended period in a perfect straight line with his destination. Just oof, another mechanic that the devs just forget swf exists for. God it's so long you can just run into position to get a perfect bead on him so easily. Even worse because survivors get aura reading on active portals. I'm not sure the exact mechanics of that one but I always see a ton of portals through walls in white auras in the match. Seriously do survivors really need aura reading on him on top of everything else? He has the same design philosophy as that new stealth perk, never let the survivors be surprised by anything.

  • Okay guys....next time I face pig ...I will try. Try and boop the snoot...

    wish me luck! ☺

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333830#Comment_1333830

    There is 4 separate addons that offer various status effects to survivors with headgear. To suggest playing in a way that would make those addons have any value at all is improper is kinda silly. While I agree tunneling 1 survivor for an extended amount of time is likely to lose you the game since your not applying pressure elsewhere, often times people have it in their heads that that helmet is an invisibility cloak and any killer who dares get in their way from going to a puzzle box is playing wrong.

    In truth... apply pressure to EVERYONE, including the guy who has a bomb on his head.

    I completely agree. That’s why I don’t think the users of Pig are necessarily intentionally being unfun but that the Pig really needs an add on rework badly. In several of my games the players don’t even try. Boop the snoot. Meme, then give up.

    If the trap is active, survivors cannot heal after being unhooked usually. Bum rush the boxes. Pig patrols the boxes or “happens to hear a box” and you’ve got a recipe for an unfun game.

  • I would agree with this. I main Myers and rarely get salt, even if the match is a slaughter and they barely get anything done.

  • @Dolls said:

    Okay guys....next time I face pig ...I will try. Try and boop the snoot...

    wish me luck! ☺

    I forgot! I have only faced Pig once since this comment (this morning) she was going hardcore on everyone. at one point she chases me (Haddonfield)

    I ran across the street to the side of one of the houses and stood to wait as soon as she came around the corner, I pointed and booped the snoot...FIRST TRY! (I believe I touched it...I was close enough to be thrilled, regardless) She wasn't having any of that and downed me but I was over the moon that I was even able to do it.


    Everyone should.do this at least once in their life!☺

  • @gatsby said:

    Recently, I've really been enjoying playing Pig. And I've noticed that Survivors have more fun and are nicer to me in general. No one really t-bags me, ######### talks me in endgame chat, or rage quits. People sometimes even boop my snoot :)

    Kind of a weird phenomena honestly. I'm still winning games regularly at Rank 1, but the whole experience is just better. Play a Killer that Survivors like. It makes everything better on both sides. People are real toxic when I play Freddy, Spirit, Legion and Ghost Face.

    "I'm still winning games regularly at Rank 1"

    I almost believed you until you said this. Nice try, survivor main.

  • It's really a combination of who they are and how they play.

    Some killers feel scummy, some playstyles are definitely scummy. Some killers benefit from playing scummy more than others. Survivors associate killers they feel play scummy as scummy players automatically, even if they're a completely different person on a completely different map.

    People liked Pyramid Head because it was hard for him to be scummy, and on top he's also a scary killer with a healthy power. (im sure there are those who disagree, but can you *really* complain about being sent to the opposite side of the map?)

    I dont have very many positive experiences with Pig, so i'm not delighted to see her too often. Most killers i see using Pig just tunnel the ones with the trap until they're dead, and we hate to see that.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/159037/playing-a-well-liked-killer-lowers-toxicity

    "I'm still winning games regularly at Rank 1"

    I almost believed you until you said this. Nice try, survivor main.

    DeadByDaylight   6_10_2020 9_54_56 PM.png DeadByDaylight   6_10_2020 9_55_06 PM.png

    Oh no I've been exposed as secret entitled Survivor main that's a Rank 20 Killer

  • I hate pig, maybe 2nd to Legion. But yeah I would not call this a well liked killer. I would rather be in a match with literally 3/4 of the other killers over her. So it would not make me less toxic if you came in with a pig. Trapper, Clown, Demogorgon yeah I see that. Pig is a big nah dawg from me.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/159037/playing-a-well-liked-killer-lowers-toxicity

    "I'm still winning games regularly at Rank 1"

    I almost believed you until you said this. Nice try, survivor main.

    Just cuz he is playing a low tier killer doesn't mean he can't get kills lmao. It's better too since it gets bored to face the same killers over and over just cuz they are the ''only'' ones that can maintain pressure

  • @Kaiju said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342333#Comment_1342333

    Just cuz he is playing a low tier killer doesn't mean he can't get kills lmao. It's better too since it gets bored to face the same killers over and over just cuz they are the ''only'' ones that can maintain pressure

    "It's better too since it gets bored to face the same killers over and over just cuz they are the ''only'' ones that can maintain pressure"

    I didn't even mention pressure but you already know the number one problem with Pig. It's like you already know what the reality is but refuse to accept it as such.

  • It depends on the player, your playstyle, and your platform. I like to play Doctor, Freddy, Demogorgon, Plague, and Wraith at rank 1 on PS4 and I don't really tunnel or camp. Salt messages are quite rare for me (even though I play two of the most hated Killers in the game), and I mainly get them when I don't tunnel or camp at all. I get more compliments than I do salt!

  • I don't understand why you find this weird. Survivors tend to enjoy going against killers that are (in theory) easier to loop. Have you ever taken into consideration the killers survivors tend to whine about?

    Oni, Freddy, Doctor, Nurse (yes, even now), Huntress, Deathslinger, Spirit etc?

    What do those killers all have in common? The old "run around a pallet, drop the pallet, run to another pallet, take a hit, deadhard for distance, drop pallet" basic noob loop doesn't work as well on them. They have to employ different looping strategies on them. Therefore - not fun.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342542#Comment_1342542

    "It's better too since it gets bored to face the same killers over and over just cuz they are the ''only'' ones that can maintain pressure"

    I didn't even mention pressure but you already know the number one problem with Pig. It's like you already know what the reality is but refuse to accept it as such.

    Welp Pig has hats to at least compensate that lack of mobility she can't have and make boxes a living hell with certain add-ons. I think she is pretty good rn

  • @Kaiju said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342553#Comment_1342553

    Welp Pig has hats to at least compensate that lack of mobility she can't have and make boxes a living hell with certain add-ons. I think she is pretty good rn

    Not really. Against seasoned players, even if you put a trap on them, the traps are so meaningless that they heal up and do gens, even with the traps on.

  • @Frankie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342564#Comment_1342564

    Not really. Against seasoned players, even if you put a trap on them, the traps are so meaningless that they heal up and do gens, even with the traps on.

    I mean yeah if the last box is across the map and my helmet isn't active I would do the same or RNG can really screw over and they get it at their first box. But at least the time they waste going to every box to get it off is better than nothing idk I haven't really face pigs in a while.

  • @Dolls said:

    I want to do this "boop the snoot" I keep hearing so much about.

    ...but I'm afraid...

    😨 how would I go about it ....safely.....😞

    image.png