Killer bodyblocked a survivor hiding in a corner then went AFK

Finished last gen and I figured the killer gave up and went AFK as I was running through the fields. Saw the redstain and crows circling. I just opened the gates and left. Not going to bully a player who obviously had a bad game (I think he had two hooks?) I thought he was a newer player that unfortunately got matched against me when I'm in red ranks.


But after I left I wanted to spectate and wait it out. As I was swapping through the cameras, I saw the one player stuck between the killer, a legion, and a stack of barrels. As the countdown ticked away, the legion just stood there and waited it out. Gotta secure that one kill I guess?


Waiting for clip to upload on my Xbox. But how do I go about reporting this killer? That was actually super lame to witness.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I don't think this is reportable since it wasn't holding the game hostage. However, if you didn't file an in-game report, you're screwed.

  • @Orion said:

    I don't think this is reportable since it wasn't holding the game hostage. However, if you didn't file an in-game report, you're screwed.

    I did report after the game ended but I wasn't sure if there was something else

  • In that case, let me just notify @Peanits because I'm not sure where to send a support ticket. Save the video.

  • If EGC was active, I don't think this is actionable.

  • @Rydog said:

    If EGC was active, I don't think this is actionable.

    agreed. Flaw in the Game design caused that to be this Legion's only recourse. If he was to hit that survivor once, the survivor would be rewarded with a speed boost and the ability to phase through the killer's body, despite having gotten himself stuck in a spot he couldn't escape. plus if the last gen was about to pop when he caught the survivor, he might be worried about adrenaline making it an easier escape.

    sometimes, the game's flaws incentivize ######### plays. Not the killer's fault.

  • Its not holding it hostage as the game will end with the EGC.

    The survivor made a turn, and got caught. ######### happens. Hell. It happens to me.

    I cant count the times I've vaulted a pallet in the game to be met a closed wall and the killer behind me at my only exit.

  • Plus crows circling is an afk player. If he just gave up, it was probably to go find that person. Who was afk.

    I'd be interested to see the clip to see how long he was gone/at the player.

  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    Finished last gen and I figured the killer gave up and went AFK as I was running through the fields. Saw the redstain and crows circling. I just opened the gates and left. Not going to bully a player who obviously had a bad game (I think he had two hooks?) I thought he was a newer player that unfortunately got matched against me when I'm in red ranks.

    But after I left I wanted to spectate and wait it out. As I was swapping through the cameras, I saw the one player stuck between the killer, a legion, and a stack of barrels. As the countdown ticked away, the legion just stood there and waited it out. Gotta secure that one kill I guess?

    Waiting for clip to upload on my Xbox. But how do I go about reporting this killer? That was actually super lame to witness.

    Report for what

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    ...you know, that just gave me the simplest idea.

    Disable collision when AFK crows are active. Done. Bodyblocking issue solved.

    ...so you couldnt hit them?

  • You can report them, but since the EGC was activated, it won't mean anything.

  • Yeah but hitting a survivor is because of collision you lose it when your hit and it acts as sort of a invincibility so making it permanent when idle crows are active would mean the survivor couldnt be hit.

  • if he does that before the EGC started, its considered a reportable offense.

    if he does that after the EGC started its fine, as there is a set time limit to that action.


    in general you need to report a player ingame and then, in such cases, file a support ticket here: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us and send additional proof of them doing it in form of screenshots or a video.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1326346#Comment_1326346

    So disable the killer's collision when near survivors that have AFK crows above them within a certain radius then. It already happens with windows and Spirit phasing, so we know it's possible. BHVR just has to work out the technical details.

    Survivors could easily exploit that by just getting the crows on purpose.

  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    Finished last gen and I figured the killer gave up and went AFK as I was running through the fields. Saw the redstain and crows circling. I just opened the gates and left. Not going to bully a player who obviously had a bad game (I think he had two hooks?) I thought he was a newer player that unfortunately got matched against me when I'm in red ranks.

    But after I left I wanted to spectate and wait it out. As I was swapping through the cameras, I saw the one player stuck between the killer, a legion, and a stack of barrels. As the countdown ticked away, the legion just stood there and waited it out. Gotta secure that one kill I guess?

    Waiting for clip to upload on my Xbox. But how do I go about reporting this killer? That was actually super lame to witness.

    It can be considered griefing, but not holding the game hostage.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1326646#Comment_1326646

    Survivors could easily exploit that by just getting the crows on purpose.

    That sounds like a lot of afk to try and exploit something that would be super niche and not last long

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1326650#Comment_1326650

    Yeah just sit there for 60 seconds doing nothing for your team just so you can get some sick YouTube clip where you go through the killer and stun him with a pallet.

    Contrarians man. Get off my nuts.

    Why not? Survivors used to wait at a gate for hours before EGC.

  • it's reportable. EGC doesn't matter, it really depends on how long they blocked the survivor there

  • Bodyblocking itself is not against the rules. You'd have to witness an entire game in order to see if you can report him

  • Essentially a bubba can trap 3 survivors in the basement and it is not reportable cause the 4 one can do gens and trigger egc

  • @Meroko said:

    it's reportable. EGC doesn't matter, it really depends on how long they blocked the survivor there

    EGC is what prevents this from being a hostage situation.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1326711#Comment_1326711

    Yeah and some idiots still block people in a corner for hours without triggering EGC. The benefit of implementing a solution to such conduct far outweighs the negatives in this case.

    ...unless it's absolutely buggy at launch of course.

    That's holding the game hostage and it is bannable. It's not what happened in this scenario, though.

  • One of the birds is fine, though. It's more like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

  • That's actually kinda funny ๐Ÿ˜…

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1326766#Comment_1326766

    I'd say it's more like throwing the bath water out mid-bath and replacing it with cleaner water. Some babies will react positively, some will react negatively, some won't care at all. The baby will be cleaner for it though.

    Why do you think you deserve a "get out of jail free" card if you ######### up and get yourself cornered?

  • Why do you think players deserve a "get out of jail free" card if they ######### up and got themselves cornered?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1326810#Comment_1326810

    Why do you think players deserve a free kill for capitalizing on something that can only be described as a design flaw that's existed long before EGC even existed? Why is this niche kill scenario more important to save than saving the time of everyone involved in recording and processing reports related to killers body blocking before EGC? Or further, saving the time of everyone in these threads, where people have to outline what's bannable and what's not when it comes to body blocking every. Single. Time.

    Can you answer the question?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    To answer your question with a statement instead of my own questions: I don't. I don't give a damn who "wins" in this scenario. I care about the confusion associated with said scenario.

    Players will learn. Clearing up "confusion" doesn't require the creation of an entirely new mechanic that removes an accepted (if boring) strategy.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1326846#Comment_1326846

    Hence the whole point of saving time of the body blocked and the moderators who have to examine the footage of said people being body blocked and decide whether or not to ban the killer involved. There's an argument to be had that implementing something like this would take away the time of the programmers involved in creating it, but I personally feel it would pay off in the long run.

    Here's the links to the videos

    THExKOUNT playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition
    THExKOUNT playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition


    Sorry for the hold on posting it. Got caught up yesterday at home!

  • @Carpemortum said:

    Plus crows circling is an afk player. If he just gave up, it was probably to go find that person. Who was afk.

    I'd be interested to see the clip to see how long he was gone/at the player.

    THExKOUNT playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition


    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/thexkount/video/99588383

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    ...you know, that just gave me the simplest idea.

    Disable collision when AFK crows are active. Done. Bodyblocking issue solved.

    Maybe after a survivor doesn't move for 30 seconds they lose collision with the killer and their teammates for 10 seconds

  • @venom12784 said:

    Essentially a bubba can trap 3 survivors in the basement and it is not reportable cause the 4 one can do gens and trigger egc

    That's not how it works, atleast according to peanits:

    @Peanits said:

    Unfortunately you can't, but as they're doing it before the collapse started, it would be reportable.

    Link to the original discussion: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1254997#Comment_1254997

    In OP's case we don't know when the Legion started the bodyblocking, so it's probably not reportable.

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1326744#Comment_1326744

    That's not how it works, atleast according to peanits:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1254997#Comment_1254997

    Link to the original discussion: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1254997#Comment_1254997

    In OP's case we don't know when the Legion started the bodyblocking, so it's probably not reportable.

    This is why there needs to be an exact explanation on what building the have hostage is.

  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    Finished last gen and I figured the killer gave up and went AFK as I was running through the fields. Saw the redstain and crows circling. I just opened the gates and left. Not going to bully a player who obviously had a bad game (I think he had two hooks?) I thought he was a newer player that unfortunately got matched against me when I'm in red ranks.

    But after I left I wanted to spectate and wait it out. As I was swapping through the cameras, I saw the one player stuck between the killer, a legion, and a stack of barrels. As the countdown ticked away, the legion just stood there and waited it out. Gotta secure that one kill I guess?

    Waiting for clip to upload on my Xbox. But how do I go about reporting this killer? That was actually super lame to witness.

    I am a bit late to the party, but I do not believe this is bannable. The EGC killed the Survivor, therefore, he was not permanently stuck.

  • So I brought up a question awhile ago before egc where I was playing killer and camped the hatch with 0 gens left . The survivor didn't do anything for what seemed like 20 minutes. I asked if this was the survivor holding the game hostage, I was told no because I could still kill them. Even though the survivor could of easily escaped Thursday either exit gate.