Huntress Add-on Rework

I'm sorry, but after facing my 5th game in a row with an Iridescent camping Huntress it gets old. Something seriously need to be done because it's extremely toxic and OP to run that with Infantry Belt. It's extremely ridiculous that it's a thing. Any survivor will agree with me, killer you think it's okay (which I understand) but come on, we all already hate each other enough.

Comments

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1325472#Comment_1325472

    If you must change it..I had an idea..reduce her hatchets to 3 base but when she hits a survivor they receive mangled till healed, exhaustion for about say 20 seconds, and hindered for 20 seconds..then..her final hatchet only becomes a one shotting axe..makes the addon cooler and since you only get one chance to insta down it could lead to neat plays

    That seems like a random combination of effects. And overly convoluted... which is going to introduce a lot of bugs due to the mess of code this game already is.

  • @Peanits said:

    One add-on is not a cause to rework an entire character. But that aside, what do you have in mind for an alternative?

    There is a lot of ideas to make interesting add-ons for Huntress. Add-on to make hatchets hit through survivor and able to hit multiple targets. Not good in chases but crucial against healing in front of killer. Add-on to break pallets and breakable walls with hatchets. If it feels like overpovered it could be breaking pallets while charged. I also like idea of add-on revealing auras further than 40 meters while hatchet charged. Add-on to ignore any collisions while charged. Maybe too much.

    This add-on ideas seems to be powerful as iridecent add-ons should be. But there no instadowns that everyone mad about! Also every killer should have two iridecent add-ons.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1326614#Comment_1326614

    Alright, let me try to say this more clearly:

    If you find something unfun, but don't explain why, how can you expect it to change?

    Complaining that something isn't fun doesn't do anything.

    I don't have fun playing Hag, other people do. There are people out there that enjoyed playing as and against Old Freddy. Some people despise certain Killers and never play them.

    Fun isn't something you can change in a character or power or add-on; it's subjective. Specific values or details about something can be changed.

    Staring at Survivors for 7 seconds and being unable to stop them from completing actions in your face is something that can be changed.

    Similarly, how can other people on here understand your stance on something or reasonably argue with or against you?

    You need specifics (like "long range, 40m/s insta down spamming" isn't fun), not generalities (Iridescent Head isn't fun).

    Well, I think the "why" on iridiscent heads is already common sense, this is not the first post about it. And this thread also contains already enough information on how to solve it. Unless you ignore the 4 pages of conversation, I don't know what the problem is

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1325487#Comment_1325487

    That seems like a random combination of effects. And overly convoluted... which is going to introduce a lot of bugs due to the mess of code this game already is.

    It's not as convoluted as iri king but it works just fine..and it's not random..its 3 of her other hatchet effects but to a lesser degree

  • @kaeru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1325472#Comment_1325472

    There is a lot of ideas to make interesting add-ons for Huntress. Add-on to make hatchets hit through survivor and able to hit multiple targets. Not good in chases but crucial against healing in front of killer. Add-on to break pallets and breakable walls with hatchets. If it feels like overpovered it could be breaking pallets while charged. I also like idea of add-on revealing auras further than 40 meters while hatchet charged. Add-on to ignore any collisions while charged. Maybe too much.

    This add-on ideas seems to be powerful as iridecent add-ons should be. But there no instadowns that everyone mad about! Also every killer should have two iridecent add-ons.

    Good ideas there! You could even do something like Nurse and Dr have showing the arc and path of her hatchet for new players but I guess they wouldn’t be Iri level rareness

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1327390#Comment_1327390

    Good ideas there! You could even do something like Nurse and Dr have showing the arc and path of her hatchet for new players but I guess they wouldn’t be Iri level rareness

    Huntress has couple of garbage add-ons that make no sence like one that reveals auras of lockers or one that put haemorrhage status effect. Your add-on could easily replace some of these.

  • @Destroyer242420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1324352#Comment_1324352

    But the face that she can just reverse this by using the Infantry Belt is OP. I don't mind it at all, it's just the combination of the add-ons that is ridiculous.

    She doesn’t completely reverse it, she still has two less hatchets at her disposal.

  • @kaeru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1327886#Comment_1327886

    Huntress has couple of garbage add-ons that make no sence like one that reveals auras of lockers or one that put haemorrhage status effect. Your add-on could easily replace some of these.

    Well thank you!

    I think it's fair to say almost every killer has some garbage addons, and half the time it does include Hemorrhage LOL

  • just remove huntress it clear you survivors wont be happy until she is weak like clown and unfun like nurse.

  • @elvangulley said:

    just remove huntress it clear you survivors wont be happy until she is weak like clown and unfun like nurse.

    That doesn’t add to the conversation, I play both sides and If I main any killer it’s huntress but I think the frustration over her hitboxes and Iri hatchets is justified.

    I mean all killers have wonky Hits with dedicated but I know when I play survivor against huntress, run around a corner, then get hit 3 seconds later somehow it STINKS

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1327111#Comment_1327111

    She doesn’t completely reverse it, she still has two less hatchets at her disposal.

    Very true, but the affect is negated by the fact that she has to use less Hatchets in general to get someone.

  • @elvangulley said:

    just remove huntress it clear you survivors wont be happy until she is weak like clown and unfun like nurse.

    Bruh, when you can actually play them come back and talk 😂

  • @Destroyer242420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1329948#Comment_1329948

    Bruh, when you can actually play them come back and talk 😂

    Survivor is easy the whole fame is handed to you

  • @Destroyer242420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328756#Comment_1328756

    Very true, but the affect is negated by the fact that she has to use less Hatchets in general to get someone.

    Still not entirely if the survivor can dodge hatchets, I know situations when I’ve played Huntress where I’ve missed my first three hatchets but hit the survivor with my last two.

  • You'd be quite surprised my friend

1 2 3 ›