Why do survivors not lose their items, addons, And the killer does lose his addons?
I know they don't lose them only if they escape, but the killer doesn't have even an opportunity to keep the addons after the match (besides whiteward or wtvr it is called). Maybe we can do some conditions like Merciless victory , at least, where in this case you won't lose your addons. What do you think?
Comments
FYI you can upvote a post of your friend.
Circlejerk - https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=circle jerk
Now I give you 5 minutes to think about it, and how dumb you look right now.
Because you made it sound like a lie because you got destroyed when i explained it was based upon my experiences which turned out to be a bug. Then when your continued attempts at insulting me failed you resorted to more and got got destroyed.
So now you're resorting to more of the same and you'll still get the same result, failed insults and getting destroyed.
Wait wasn't it you that said that Ruin was fine and so was NOED earlier and I along with @SovererignKing called you out on it. You also said SC had no counters yet several of us called you out on it, you then claimed that survivors have no counters and use cheat perks.
All because you can't handle the fact that gasp killers and survivors each have perks and items addons that can counter each other. After you got rebutted by quite a few posters you resorted to the same I claim it's true so it must be true argument.
Now you're doing the same thing as the other few on here, when you can't refute attempt to insult like crazy. But like them it fails spectacularly, sure it storkes your epeens but doesn't help you one bit. In fact it makes you look weak and foolish, but go ahead it amuses me.
Again, you failed. You're the only one who looks dumb. You just come in on a post and falsely accuse someone of something. You get called out on it and resort to name calling. I never insulted you. I STATED A FACT: you cannot up vote your own posts.
If you weren't so quick to start an argument you'd see that all I said was: "FYI you can't up vote your own posts" and you turn around and begin insulting me.
So if facts make you think I'm dumb, clearly you need to look up the definition. While you're at it look up the word instigator. You seem to post a lot of hateful snide or inflametory replies... I think you need reevaluate the way you treat people in this forum. You're a bully.
Can we PLEASE get a mod in here to lock the thread?
One guy makes a false statement.
You're such a ######### liar.
Proceeds to make a false statement.
You're stupid if you can't understand what I mean. Also ######### you.
And that's why I don't take the DBD community seriously...
liar liar pants on fire, take the L buddy
^^^^^
1) don't make up lies
lol
2) people can read just fine the thread itself
3) I can't refute here anything if I'm not even arguing?
4) "rebuted by a few posters" = you and the guy you called
1,You mean don't state things based upon your own experiences because when you do someone will try and use it to insult you.
2.Yes they can and most see the same thing, 1 person resorting to insult to anyone that disagrees with them.
You can't because have no counter argument and thus resort to insults.
I didn't call anyone in but you obviously did and you like a few other posters seem to want to follow me around just to try and insult me. Did I rebut any of your posts that badly that you'd resort to such trolly behavior?
1) no, I mean don't make up lies. Like right now, I didn't say whatever you tried to put in my mouth.
3) I believe you think "crazy" is insult. well, it's not and not meant to be. glhf
4) first you call @SovererignKing to help you and then you didn't call anyone? and leave this discussion for the topic it's in.
No, you didn't do anything. I did NOT insult you. I don't troll you specifically. Get a grip. I also do not follow you, you just happened to be in the thread I read in the forum I read. What are the odds?
Going back on topic to the actual poster. I think that it's mostly so certain add-ons can't be abused for the killer. Mostly super and ultra rare items in multiple games. But also I think there is no real counter to them. Killers have Franklin's Demise to get rid of survivors entire item + add-ons. Well as long as they don't have a chance to go back for them, they've also at times seemingly disappeared from existence when going back for it. Also it may just be me but I think most of the killers add-ons have a much higher effect than a survivor add-on in most cases.
You know what was I talking about, but you still play stupid and trying to reverse my words. If I'm a bully, then you are a nerd, who is beaten at the school and just tries to boost his ego at this forum, by trolling. Go away, shoo kid.
1, Also I didn't lie and you and the rest know it since I based what I said upon my experiences with the issue being discussed. You and the others that wanted to try and use that as an insult failed badly. The other posters in the thread that agreed with me got attacked because gasp they dared agree with me.
Allso why are you posting the mouth part in response to me unless you're posting on 2 different accounts because only 1 poster has accused me of that and it wasn't you. So are you RSB account also?
2 No I'm referring to all the times you throw out an insult or attempted veiled insult.
> 7) Noed, ruin = are balanced. Ruin should be buffed, tbh. Had problem with it only once, because killer was laggy af.
Well you just happen to post in a thread you'd never posted until you saw I posted in it, then you start the usual insult attempts.
But like I've told the others it doesn't bother me an in actuality amuses me to no end. But enough of the barbs, if you want to have actual discussions without insults, attempted insults, or anything else we both throw at each other I'm game.
Like I said you just can't post without trying to insult and claim something that isn't true. Your words speak for themselves and we don't have to reverse them. The school insults say all we need to know about who the ego one is. Also I graduated high school long before you were even born.
Oh, give me a break, snowflake. Every word insults you in some way. You are the perfect example of why children should not be raised in a "my little, precious special boy" way, because you are extremly protective about yourself, and have ego higher than your intelligence. If stupidity could fly, you would be hitting the ceiling with your head.
^ mostly this
Killer addons have much more Impact, the higher in quality they are.
While survivors have high impact with such items, it's only high because the matches are short. It's issue of game balance not the items itself.
And whatever Items they bring, it does not make it easier to survive the trial specifically for them. It makes it easier to finish the objectives or help other survivors, but in the end if exit gates are not opened, only 1 can survive. With odds like this, what would you feel if you bring purple toolbox only to be first to be found and facecamped?
For killers, on the other hand, the objective and thing addons affect is the same. So better addons = more chances to actually kill all 4.
I know that logic is kinda twisted there but it still holds.
ps: I would still prefer to have a way to farm those addons, for example by doing ritual in-match to keep addons or get new ones.
The reason Killers don’t keep their add ons is because there are Killers who play only one Killer. If they didn’t lose their add ons, most wouldn’t even need BP to spend on more add ons. You would end up banking BP till the cap, and have no reason to spend them. It’s nothing more than the developers trying to keep BP relevant to these players. They could possibly get bored of playing their selected Killer, and decide there’s no point in playing if they can’t earn any more BP.
In short : Player retention mechanic.
Survivors, the reason they keep them is bothing more than a reward for survival. Game was supposed be “hard to survive” but we know how that went... so thus we have Survivors with MASSIVE stockpiles of items and add ons.
Just another drop in the bucket show casing that the balance is kind of screwed up, and Survivors are escaping more than they should.
You just proved my point yet again, I merely pointed out how you like to insult at pretty much every opportunity and the 1st sentence you do it again. You've also conveniently ignored where I clearly said your insults don't bother me and in fact amuse me.
While I feel killer addons are more powerful perhaps if aside from Ultra rares and even some rares they'd be able to keep more. So if for chance they hook x survivors at least 1x time but 3 make it out and 1 gets sac'd. (yes would induce camping but as an example, not how'd it actually work) So if they had say a rare addon but not a higher tier rare they'd get to keep it.
That or perhaps be given a lower quality tier of same item since some addons are more prized than others in the same tier. For example Huntress Bandolier for the 2 extra hatchets. I've used that without Iridescents for 7 hatchet surprise builds.
For Amanda there's her 1 extra Reverse Bear Trap addon and for Trapper it's the extra traps bag. That might be a little wonky to figure out but that's an example. The ritual in match is a nice idea and it could even be a random thing they have to do. You could make it so you have to chase the obsession but never hit them. It could be hook 1 survivor on 2 different hooks.
The killers need something besides just the few things they have to do and same for survivors to make it more interesting. If you give killers something optional that they'd still be able to do in normal gameplay that'd be a nice thing to add.
What would you suggest though since on survivor side I hate flashlights and their addons, they don't fit my playstyle and I never seem to use them right anyways. Perhaps may'be give killers the option to convert trash addons into a random of the same tier or multiples of trash addons they don't like into 1 tier better random item. But Ultra rares would be off limits still.
As if your words hurt me, buddy. You just try to look more intelligent, than you actually are, and by sitting on this forum 24/7 you won't find friends.
No, that was not an insult, snowboy.
I got it people!!! I need to come up with some of the most controvertial statements and stick to it to make the discussion flamingly hot, popular and discussed aggresively
The swap idea isn’t too horrible, but it would impact the need to for BP from matches too heavily. Not to mention you would hardly ever see any Killer or Survivors running anything but the best of the best. Still need to have that RNG of the bloodweb have some effect. In my opinion anyway.
I'll give you few:
facecamping is strategy
Doctor is high tier
huntress is middle tier
Ruin is OP
SelfCare is balanced
NOED is OK <- but I use this one
You forgot looping is fun for the killer
The maps are all perfectly balanced including Barn.
Leatherface is god tier and only baddies use Insidious on him
Flashlights are to help the killer see in the dark better.
Decisive Strike needs a buff not a nerf.
You once again prove my points and no one sits on this forum 24/7 because that's impossible both physically and practically. I've also made friends on the forum, we don't always agree with each other but we're till friends.
But go ahead and keep up with the usual, it doesn't bother me in the least.
Dude just ignore him/her. Don't feed the insulter please.
I've always thought that being able to refund items but not for so much bp would be nice snce say you're Trapper/Hag you want thickened mist offerings. For some survivors you want more medkits etc instead of so many Flashlight parts and addons.
My thought was a 10% refund so if you spend 3k you get 300 bp back, 4k 400 etc. That keeps bp from being too easy to gain while also allowing people to trash the addons they don't want. I've got 1 survivor with nothing but flashlights yellow and above but know that if i bring them the killer is just gonna tunnel me.
It won't matter if I drop it on the ground, they still goa fte em because hey it's a flashlight lol.
well
this means they're correct to some degree but the whole point is not complete to be right.
I know feeding trolls is a bad thing to do, but it's almost like the Shape perk, Play With Your Food. You can't resist toying with them sometimes.
Said the guy, who seeks insults in everyone's posts.
The best way to stop an insult is to be superior and NOT INSULT BACK.
As for the flashlight thing, that’s just “eliminating a bigger threat”. Most of the time, I’ll chase someone with a flashlight for a hot second to see how well they preform in a chase. If they are awful, then no big deal. Get them once then don’t worry about it.
You can assess how good a Survivor is by chasing them. If they are Pro-Looper 3000, then they are a high threat with that flashlight because you can bet your bottom dollar they play a LOT of Survivor. They’ll most likely know the timing for the pick up animation blind to drop.
If they hit the floor quickly, then you don’t have to worry too much about them hitting that flashlight save.
Its all about threat assessment. Granted there are Killers who see flashlight, and loose their damn minds thinking everyone is a pro with the thing. However I’m more judicious, and assess who’s the biggest threat first. Then assess if it’s better to pick off weak links first, or take out the top Survivor first, and prep for late game domino of the weaker links.
If a perk is used in 99% of all loadouts, then there is something wrong and the devs need to take action.
NOED Is nowhere near that, in fact more killers dont use it because it can be completely negated.
BBQ and ruin are the only killer perk that are used too frequently. However, BBQ was first introduced to get more players into playing killer again, so nerfing it would cause the same issues again.
Well and ruin......
Survivors always have the chance to get their items back unless you camp the item.....
And I dare to say that 4 excellent toolboxes have a larger impact on the game than an ultra rare addon. Or 4 flashlights e.g.
That would be true if it wasn't false.
I've seen players use both: medkit and SC, since SC increases medkit efficiency.
I won't argue on "many players". Maybe. I dunno the stats for that one. From personal experience: I see many claudette with both medkit and self-care and use it in such combination when I play Claudette.
And no, unless it's broken, it's not "always" used. In dota2 you see different compositions and items. Because they're balanced and used in different situations. In Starcraft you don't see everyone only play Protos.
You normally see "meta" but meta is dependant and CAN be countered. So they're used more often but NOT always.
But you see the combinations are used always if they're broken. PharMercy in overwatch, AWP in cs:go, Pirates in Hearthstone, etc.
You see it because it's imbalanced and so high off the power curve, that it MUST be fixed. Otherwise it will stay at top charts.
Like 90% of the games i played all 4 survivors (on both sides) had self care.
@Vadim239
Did your OP ever get answered?
My head hurts trying to follow the tidbits of information that were being trickled throughout the Cock-fight that ensues and decided to just ask. If I read another measuring content related comment trying to find the answer, I am going to vomit.
Sorry for the visual, but I am frustrated about now.
Did you ever get a real answer to your question? Or, is it still up in the air? I really want to know as well how it actually works.
EDIT:
I continued to look for more information on this subject and found the following info after making this post.
Add-onsFor Killers, Add-ons are single-use only and lost after a Trial.
For Survivors, whether or not they lose their Add-ons after a Trial depends on the situation.
StackingAdd-ons which affect the same part of a Power will generally stack with one another (both positive and negative effects).
This both answers our initial question as well as my other question about stacking. According to BHVR themselves, Killer add-ons are single-use only and Survivors keep only if they escape the trial with that add-on in their possession. Also, the missing stack comment on newer add-ons is normal and both Killer and Survivor should take note that is says "Does not stack" or not. Add-ons stack if they do not have this statement.