Why do survivors not lose their items, addons, And the killer does lose his addons?
I know they don't lose them only if they escape, but the killer doesn't have even an opportunity to keep the addons after the match (besides whiteward or wtvr it is called). Maybe we can do some conditions like Merciless victory , at least, where in this case you won't lose your addons. What do you think?
Comments
The killers will sometimes keep addons depending on how well they did so fi you say get brutal killer you oftentimes come out with 1 or both addons still.
That is a lie.
If it looks like you still have the Add-ons, then that is because the game keeps using your currently selected Add-on type until your inventory runs out of its stock of that particular Add-on.
Lol what?
That´s not true!
This makes way more sense. I wondered why my add ones never disappeared, I was actually wondering if I should Report it as a glitch. I’ll have to double check and make sure, because I feel like add one that I don’t have duplicates of stay sometimes.
WRONG !!!!, I've kept the same addons as a killer several times when I had ZERO in my tab. I always wondered if it was a bug but since it happened so often I didn't think it was. It only happened if I got Brutal or Merciless killer.
No such mechanic exists, so it's either a bug or you're wrong. Doesn't count.
So it'snot a mechanic then but instead a bug but that doesn't make me wrong that it happens. Also nowhere did I claim it was a mechanic so you might want to edit that part out. I simply stated what I knew to happen for me.
If in the future the bug happens again I'll know to report it as such.
If you didn't intend to claim it was a mechanic, then maybe you shouldn't have replied to someone talking about game mechanics that allow Survivors to keep their add-ons.
The op never claimed it was game mechanics either though, they asked a question I gave an answer based upon my experience. Had I said this was a game mechanic or said it's probably a game mechanic that'd be different.
you're so full of it
When the facts don't agree with you insult, your same response every time someone disagrees with you or makes a statement you don't like.
Oh, another one "insults you", when pointing out your lies?
Can you stop assuming @powerbats lied? He talked about his experience. He might be mistaken, might be a bug or something else, but you have no right to call someone a liar when has already explained what could happen.
"My-m-massssster, did I showed him? Diiiiid Iiiiiiiii?"
Why are you following your master in every thread, defending his beauty in every post? Does he pays you in cookies, or what?
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” – Christopher Hitchens.
"That chicken smells like a #########!" - Colonel Sanders
Well then you should stop eating it.
I do not eat it, but you still try to put that ######### into my mouth.
That had to be one the most epic belly flops of a response yet seen on this forum.
It's not @powerbats who gets my attention, it's your nonsense and childish replies.
Mmm, stop circlejerking and voting up your posts, I might get horny and join you, sugars.
Exactly
yeah we get it you're a liar
There fixed that for you since you still don't like it when facts don't agree with you.
So.... Nobody said anything good about my idea. What do you think? Survivors always take one and the same item many times. Why can't the killers?
I think they need to do something for killers but for say Ultra Rares those shouldn't get saved unless it's a Black Ward. Perhaps give the killer a 1 item quality lower of same type if they achieve a Merciless victory. That or if they do something worthy that doesn't involve camping of any kind and if they do a bonus type they keep the same thing inus ultra Rares.
In a sense it'd be like the dailies only a bit different say where the survivor is get chased by killer for x minutes. They'd do chase 1 survivor without hitting them (play with your food). That's just an example but something way more simple to do. It'd be something the killer can get immersed in/enjoy.
yes I'm sure this bug happens all the time to you and only you ever because you are a special child
that or you're a liar, I think I know which one it is.
Ah yes the Straw Man again with the Ad Hominem as usual. Well let me refresh your memory since you forgot the facts somehow.
I never once said it happens to me all the time or only to me, so I guess that makes you the liar. Now to make it really simple since you still don't get it.
Your insults bad as they are and all the other stuff you try don't bother me at all and if anything amuse me to no end. But you and the few others that want to try and insult me non stop go right ahead, it makes no difference to me. While it may satiate your ego's it does nothing to further any meaningful discussion.
L
When you know the person was speaking from experience and thus wasn't wrong but continue to insult them because you don't like their answer. Based upon my experience I said what had happened to me, that's no different than people talking about things that've happened to them.
By your logic then everytime someone says something on here based upon their experience they're stating it's a game mechanic. Now see how your logic can be used against you in a very valid format? I admitted I was wrong but said i was talking about it happening to me.
Thus my statement was true and in no way did I ever state it was a game mechanic. That would be you and the other person who seems intent on using it to try and insult me.
Game mechanics are constructs of rules or methods designed for interaction with the game state, thus providing gameplay. All games use mechanics; however, theories and styles differ as to their ultimate importance to the game.
Gameplay bug in game mechanics is when something happens with irregularity or regularity thus disrupting the normal gameplay mechanics. Thus creating something that may appear to be a normal gameplay mechanic or something not abnormal.
There is no argument here. You either encountered a bug or mix things up.
Not saying that you lie, but the killer doesn't keep his add-ons.
It's over.
That was my point about it being a bug once it was explained to me that it had to have been a bug. Yes teh killer doesn't get to keep his addons but in the situation i'd experienced I did.
Lastly I think the killer shouldn't lose their addons if they meet certain criteria similar to the survivor escaping.
One thought is that it'd be like a durability thing where the killer has so many charges so to speak similar to a medkit or key/map. The more they use it the less it has left which brings up an interesting idea. For instance currently Ruin is an absolute must but can be destroyed either quickly or last quite some time.
(I'll swap this to a different thread shortly.)
What if instead of Ruin being a perk it was an addon instead for instance it'd work in one of the following ways.
So if say you charge it for x seconds out of 30 seconds than that gen has Ruin for say x seconds between 30 seconds and 3 minutes. The Ruin effect lasts until the gen is completed. Where x is the charge power of the Ruin.
This would take some number crunching to determine what'd be good and not over/underpowered. You'd have 3 tiers of Hex keys so to speak. With each tier having more time on the charge. This way the killer could decide to Ruin 3 gens all close together for a 3 gen strat or .perhaps just 1 or 2 that're strategically chosen.
Killers are second class players.
Its funny that the addon dependent side loses their addons after every match, while the side that doesnt need items to do well keeps them if they win.
Nice design, isnt it?
I hate many things about this game and this is one of many. Killers are weaker, they lose addons anyway, etc
Just funny when bugs/exploits become gameplay mechanics
because he got caught in a lie and refuses to concede like a fool and he's just digging the hole deeper
I just like the fact that everyone discusses this guy, but not my idea,
simple answer to the question: because the game is survivor favoured in every way, shape and form.
That's cuz they guy is crazy
and people are drawn to craziness.
ps: that same guy tells that SC is fine and NOED is crutch. Pretty fascinating read, if you ask me
Honestly I don't exactly know why the designers made it this way, but imo killers need a way to keep addons (except ultra rares for obvious reasons, but rares ones might be excluded too or have a chance to be lost still). My idea is that every 2 survivors killed they get to keep an addon, starting from the most common one.
As for the addon dilemma: I thought about it too, seems slightly unfair, though nothing extreme. The proposal to let killers keep ine or two based on their performance, is something to consider, but there's at least one con I can think of: killers almost always get more BP than survivors, which offers us a better opportunity to use at least yellow or green addons, basically all the time. I certainly have over 50 garden rakes, bog water, not to mention that huge stockpile of smelly soles
1st of all survivors lose the op addons when they use them 2nd some killer addons give you a great advantage and 3rd survivor items are kinda ######### except for flashlights and they aren that good anymore
WHAT IS SC? Enough with these contraction forms... DC, DS