The damm stupid system
We want to get into high rank by ourselves, high skills, not being judge by the stupid damm rank system. Have a 3 kills and. you give a a ######### Entity displeased, what is wrong with this. Have a 5 gens 4 kills and you give me a ruthless killer, what? I am not ranting. This system is just so damm stupid, I don't know is it a bug or you make this. Just fix it with your brain!
Comments
Oh yeah nothing like safety pipping on a 3k lmao.
It’s almost as if killing is not the one and only objective for killers and escaping not the only objective for survivors and the game „judges“ you based on your overall performance.
I think we can all agree it's not exactly the most robust or accurate system though.
"Im not ranting"
Sure your not🤔
Rank dosent mean anything, why does it matter?
you're scored based on a variety of factors represented by the emblems system, not just kill count. that's why facecamping bubbas and infectious slugging nurses don't pip very easily despite seeming to 'win'. next time you depip, just check which emblems you didn't perform well toward.
Yeah we can agree on that!
but it is not as bad as OP made it out to be. I guess certain killers shouldn’t get punished as much for using their power
I APPLY PRESSURE, NOT CAMPING, CATCH A SURVIVOR IN 30 SEC, STOP PEOPLE SAVING, STOP GEN RUSH, I think my performance is good enough
I've heard this tossed around on the forums, but THEN people don't validate your opinion unless you're Red Rank.
I've seen it, you've seen it, Rank Matters. I'm just saying.
Okaaay. Going to play a bit of Devil's Advocate here.
How many hits/downs/instant-downs did you get? Were the survivors injured for a long amount of time? How many of them died on their first/second hook?
These are all questions that we need answers for.
I was playing killer on PS4 and saw a survivor with only 10% trophy achievement and is red rank. He was playing Claudette with default skin he performed bad and maybe the reason he's at red rank because of ranking system is a miserable.
The sad part, he knows how to rush gens but very bad at chase and he runs in a straight line without even looking behind him.
hits:10 -15
down: 5 -1p
Every1 died on their third hook
: 3
Realistically the way the game grade's player performance is abit silly. I've used this comparison before, but this would be similar to awarding more points in a shooter for killing a player by shooting them in the foot 5 times rather than shooting them in the head 1 time. If I can get a 4k without any gens being completed... that surely should be all the proof needed to show I belong in a higher rank that I'm currently sitting. The current system often times just grades you on how well you can game the system, not how well you can play the game.
Then I am confused. Normally if you use heaps on instant-downs or if everyone stays injured, then you can be punished by getting less hits. Should have been fine if you had a decent Gatekeeper. 12 hooks is also Iri Devout from memory. It also depends on if you were close to hooks or not.
I honestly don't know how you got Entity Displeased.
I've never had a problem with the emblem system, but I also play Pig, Doctor and Legion. It works well for my playstyle and I seem to do well with it. I don't know how, but it just works for me.
These are all games where I've had 4ks with 5 gens remaining. That SHOULD represent an ideal result for a killer. Unfortunately not the case since this game also keeps track of how many times you hit someone rather than just downing and killing someone.
The last picture was only a silver in devout because someone DCed right before I could hook them. Even if that emblem was a gold or iri though...wouldnt have mattered.
Once again to use my shooter comparison, imagine if while playing Overwatch you headshot every member of the enemy team before they could ever hope to step foot on the objective...and the game sees that as being worse than if you keep doing trash dmg that gets healed up. If the game rewards you with no rank up because you crushed the opponents TOO well.
Well the Hillbilly, Bubba and Plague emblems I can understand in these because a lot of times, they are more reliant on one-shots, meaning you get only half the Chaser.
And I don't get the Freddy one unless everyone was injured after their first hook. Which would be easy to believe with 5 gens remaining and 4k.
The Freddy one was just a really quick beatdown, lol. This was a 2 minute game as old Freddy in which everyone died on first hook, except for the first guy who got hooked...he died on his 2nd.
Well, there's your problem.
This is part of the reason I play Pig, Doctor and Legion. Less concerns about pips and they're pretty fun to play as.
I fully understand why I didnt pip under the current system. I'm just saying it makes no sense. To go back to my Overwatch comparison for example, a team that swiftly killed the opponent with headshots and kept them off of the objective shouldnt ever feel the need to get off the objective themselves to artificially make the match last longer for a chance to rank up. This is the equal of what is happening here though. I'm not ranked based off how well I performed in the match, but rather how well I can game the pip system.
I found out why
' pretty good job so far '
The entire pip/rank system doesnt matter.
It's a pseudo matchmaking rating. At best.
So why let it upset you? Who gives a ######### what "status" you got endgame. If you killed more than 2, you won. By the devs balance.
Why does every killer NEED a 4k double pip, and every survivor NEED a 4 escape....its getting old.
So youre just bad at chases.
"He knows how to rush gens"
Can we stop with the gen rush #########? Its literally the survivors objective and taught in the tutorial. Its not sad that they know EXACTLY what the game tells them and they NEED to do.
The game doesnt teach chasing, nor is it required if you're sneaky.
So it's not sad at all, its expected.
Because its as close to a self-sufficient goal as you can have in an asymmetrical game. As a survivor, your survival is ultimately based on many things beyond your control, especially your allies. As a killer, the amount of kills you get can also be outside of your direct control, with even the best killer players not always getting 4K's while bad killers sometimes stumble blindly into them.
Personally basing success or failure off of pip status is about acknowledging how much or how little you did to contribute to the outcome of the game. If I die and only got 14k BP, but my emblems were 3 iridescents and a gold, I know that I literally did the best I could with that game.
Basing it off of a binary survive/kill only works in a 1v1 system, where the conditions of win/lose are clean cut. That said, the emblems, as always, need to be reexamined (yet again,) especially for killers.
I don't even worry about ranks if I pip fine if I don't who cares:)
Holy #########, are you rank 20 ? You still don't know about the broken system ?
and SWF is one of the problem, they will all know where is the killer, what is the killler doing, gen rushing, flashlight save, it is already unfair for killer but they still doesn't remove it, just get 1 SWF kill you won already, and you still unable the killer to rank up!? I am unlucky and I can't get into rank 1 by matching with solo survivors and bad ones, I just want to rank up with skills but the game don't let me to. I hope. if devs are watching this they can hear more pro players suggestions, not just new players'
You need to fulfill all of the 4 categories. Victory by slugging and one hooking is too easy with the best killers. That would be a really ######### meta. Similar to genrushing but worst. So that you need to do a bunch of stuff to get rewarded for it. It’s not the kills the game wants you to get. Just like with survivor, escaping is rather pointless. You can still derank for it.
If it’s a 5 gen 4 man, that’s an easy double pip. You just need not to kill the last 2 survivors ruthlessly but give them chases, stuns etc. So that you squeeze all the points out them while they won’t derank either just because their team happened to be #########. Win-win scenario.
Its not broken, you just dont understand the difference in kills and ranking.
Pretty sure the emblem system was put in place to encourage killers to spread the pain. But all it really does is encourage playstyles that are not optimal. Why go after a healthy person when the injured guy is right in front of your face? Would it matter to a real killer if they just got off the hook? Why leave after hooking a person? Because you are punished for letting that person get rescued.
Killer emblem system is counterintuitive to the games objective. Which is to sacrifice survivors on the sacrificial hook.
thing is survivor don't give you time to do all objective for killer when they all genrush.
It’s a videogame. Playing like an ass or “real killer”, denying all the fun from the survivors and even getting rewarded for it? Thanks no. This game’d be loooong dead. I play killer at rank 1 assuming every single survivor have DS+ borroved time and I have no issues. Don’t even remember the last time I lost as killer. And I’m playing Legion a lot who said to be weak and not “red rank worthy” by the so called pros.
Then they won’t pip also.
but this should not derail into another survivor vs killer discussion, I did not mean it like that! That’s why I mentioned both sides. Rushing the objective is not the best way to play and it should not be it.
i play both side so yeah just say survivor don't make it easy.I play survivor game where 2 gen pop before i can touch a gen killer no angles the sometime killer to fast just feel like both side try to rush everything which in the end hurts both sides.
Im not saying the point of the emblem system is wrong. Both sides need a chance to be able to play their game.
All i am saying is that according to the objective section of the game, the killer's sole objective is to hang survivors on the sacrificial hook until the entity consumes them. The most efficient way to do that (against most survivors trying to get their own emblem points) is to tunnel and camp.
The devs created the emblem system to encourage more interactive gameplay but at the end of the day, they still only have 1 objective.
Same can be said for survivors. Best thing for them to do is rush gens and get out. Not intentionally find and harrass the killer. But again, if you gen rush and only gen rush you don't score well with the emblem system.
Yes but about camping, you’re ecpected to hook each survivor 3 times before they die. Usually a 4k is a douple pip if you got at least 10 of these hooks and a lot else in other categories.
Let’s say the survivors are really dumb and you manage to canp all 4 of them to death without losing points for camping because they were all around. You still got 4 hooks in total. And if you didn’t get much deviousnes from using your power and actually playing the game in chases, you still depip for that 4k.
Sacrifice is only one of those categories after all. Same for survivors. At red ranks especially, if you rush the gens, open the gate and get out without interacting with the killer you’ll lose. You get no points for unhooks and chases so it’s only gonna be half of the bar or not even that. That’s why you see survivors running into you for suicide unhooks sometimes at the end of the match when they could just leave.
Yup, I've said it once and I'll say it again.
The Ruin nerf allowed many inexperienced survivors to climb up the ranks a lot faster.