Why are people so toxic.

God, the fun I've had today bumping into toxic survivors today is astounding.

First game I get a Rank 2, 3 and a 16 with 4 different teacheables sweat against me who was farming. By sweat I mean do rapid 360s aggressively bagging and point and bag if I missed. When I go to confront why 2 reds have to get carried by a rank 16, they say. "Gg, I 360d you ez. Learn how to play the game instead of being salty".

Next game I get a rank 1 with two 14s. And when I called them on it saying, so which one was it, they lied and said they were solo when I clearly looked and they were with the two of them. Then calls me salty for asking why she is sweating low ranks xD

Like... am I the only one to get this much bs out of this already piece of sh#t game? 😅

Comments

  • Beating you is toxic? Take the L and move on.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294647#Comment_1294647

    Hacking in-game exclusives and / or legacy skins

    The acquiring of any in-game skin through anything other than official channels (ie. codes, giveaways, etc.)

    The possession of legacy skins without earning them. The cutoff to earn legacy skins happened on November 24, 2016. If a player has obtained legacy skins after this date, then it is considered cheating.

    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Cheated progress / modifying your save file

    We need the profile of the person you are reporting. Reportable via support team.

    Using any 3rd party software or other method to cheat your save file or any measure of progress contained within your save file. This includes using someone else’s save file.

    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Looks like it's required lol. And you say I didn't read.

    We were talking about people being toxic in the chat. Stay on-topic, please, then admit you were wrong about screenshots being required for that.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294971#Comment_1294971

    We were talking about people being toxic in the chat. Stay on-topic, please, then admit you were wrong about screenshots being required for that.

    mate that was an example, the main topic was how dumb it is that you have too go to a support email just too get someone banned. So I am on topic, and you are the wrong one lol.

  • @THEFREAK420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294598#Comment_1294598

    You expect them to ban someone because they were being toxic? In a pvp competetive game? Why are people so god damn sensitive in this game? If its not against the GAME's rules, not made up rules. Then who cares? Move on to the next match. If they get me mad it just fuels me to be an even bigger bastard than I already am.

    So this is exactly what I'm talking about lol. In any other game if someone flames people enough they get punished, why should DBD be different? There are thousands of more competitive games then DBD that punish people for being toxic, DBD shouldn't be an exception.

  • 360ing still works? I thought most killers knew that you just move to the side, face towards the survivor, and do a basic attack.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    This community is toxic because the devs don't care about punishing people. The report button doesn't even work, you have too screenshot the person, then send it too them VIA email, and then hope they get punished at all. Literally no other game company does this and I still find it incredibly stupid that BHVR has this. A report should be more then enough, I shouldn't have too go full detective just to get a toxic person banned for a day lol.

    @BunnyTheHutt I know you won't admit you're wrong, but here are your words.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294598#Comment_1294598

    @BunnyTheHutt I know you won't admit you're wrong, but here are your words.

    I know my words, and my statement does stand. it was an example too the larger issue of people being forced too send evidence too the devs in order too get people banned.

  • people being forced too send evidence too the devs in order too get people banned.

    It have to, to prevent some salty loser players reporting winners.

    Devs dont have time to check hundred of games everyday.

    The problems is 1 day ban isnt worth it. Unless the ban time is cumulative without mitigation even if there are no other report to the bully for months

  • no matter if your killer or survivor this is bully by daylight.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294598#Comment_1294598

    You don't need to send screenshots of the chat, that stuff's automatically sent to them.

    @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294603#Comment_1294603

    You actually do. Devs have said multiple times that the best way for them too find someone being toxic is too report, screenshot it, then send it their way, and even if I don't have too send a screenshot in I shouldn't have too email support about someone calling me a dick in chat lol. All of it should be done in game.

    @BunnyTheHutt More of your own words.

  • @THEFREAK420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294598#Comment_1294598

    You expect them to ban someone because they were being toxic? In a pvp competetive game? Why are people so god damn sensitive in this game? If its not against the GAME's rules, not made up rules. Then who cares? Move on to the next match. If they get me mad it just fuels me to be an even bigger bastard than I already am.

    this dam game not meant to be a (competetive) game it meant to be like fun party game.game for people who love horror to play together but survivor and killer go all sweaty try hard which in the end makes the game not fun more toxic.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    I just picked this game and people are incredibly toxic. I have 20 hours played, trying to learn playing killers, get matched against much higher rank players with 1000+ hours played, get absolutely ######### on in matches and on top of that the post game cancer. I don't understand these rank 1-5 players ######### talking a rank 18 killer. Like isn't it enough you all got away and I failed? You really need to be a dick to new players?

    sorry that happen this how the game because for new comer not fun


    btw take the end game chat out it just spread more toxic crap ps4 doesn't have it I'm sure switch and xbox one doesn't have it either just get rid of it

  • @Vox_Nocturne said:

    Just don't give them the attention. That's all they want: to show off the fact the can twiddle knobs and press buttons better than you in a game. Ignore and move on.

    Alternatively, you could reply in character! I got a toxic message when I defeated some survivors as Hillbilly. There is nothing more empowering than replying to "You trash killer" with "HUWAAAHRGH *snort*".

    Well, maybe not responding at all is more empowering. But being in character is fun!

    Definitely gonna try that some time!


  • There are a couple of reasons


    Youtube Culture: There's this ULTRA COOL OWNING PRO-TOXIC BULLYING youtubers that giggle to themselves as they find an exploit that lets them bother a killers game. This is more common for survivors since it's more casual and has a facade of an underdog role. Although there are killer ones too from time to time. A lot of people see the gags on these or the guys being toxic nobheads and then go "wow. I want to be like you!" and it sort of slowly passes down from player to player, especially as they team up or go SWF and friends join in the same behavour.


    Competitive only: On both sides there is no casual play. Every game has a judgement. Your rank ever visible. You finish a game and the entity either tells you basically a polite version of "you may of had fun but you didn't arbitarly chase survivors for enough length of time so depip" same for survivors. Because the sense of having to ever perform is omipresent in this game from the lobby to the end to the title screen and you have no escape from it. Watching it shaft you because someone went SWF...or because a killer used an exploit...or because someone had a key.


    It's frustrating. This game really shouldn't be competitive only. Not without an alternative to its rng. Don't know if they could change it now without multiple meta-issues though like splitting the player pool up.


    Win/ Loser Harder and Momentum: One of the biggest issues with DBD is that when you got all this other stuff going on a big factor of it is that once people start dying or gens start flying without a certain number of hooks you're just winding away the minutes. Come backs are possible but improbable even if you're good due to many perks that are actually powerful at the things a killer needs only triggering after many hooks...and lets be real...if you get 5 hooks for huntress lullaby or dying light...you probably wouldn't need them for that match anyway. It's just cementing your victory at that point. yawn.


    Because of this it can feel very frustrating. As survivor once your snow balled it can be insanely frustrating to get to a stable state again even indiviudally because you're probably injured or fresh off the hook and there's not really a lot of perks that helps survivor escape that dread hook radius where you're just hoping the killer dosen't glimp your ear lope through the sweat drop of the entities spike and slug you/rehook you. Ito ne of the reason why I think personally...some off the hook perks are alright.


    But same for killer. Once gens are flying you ain't going to intercept a gate in time most of the time. So you just watch people Tbag until the timeri s up at the gate. Knowing this would be result as you get looped and bullied as the swf momentum your ass. Looking at most of your perks doing nothing because for some reaso nyour gen slow down perks need you to hook people. It just prolongs either sides sense of powerlessness.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295195#Comment_1295195

    sorry that happen this how the game because for new comer not fun

    btw take the end game chat out it just spread more toxic crap ps4 doesn't have it I'm sure switch and xbox one doesn't have it either just get rid of it

    Yeah I don't stick around anymore after game.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295005#Comment_1295005

    this dam game not meant to be a (competetive) game it meant to be like fun party game.game for people who love horror to play together but survivor and killer go all sweaty try hard which in the end makes the game not fun more toxic.

    I disagree. It is PLAYER vs PLAYER. Meaning competetive. If theres a winner and a loser it is a competition.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295005#Comment_1295005

    So this is exactly what I'm talking about lol. In any other game if someone flames people enough they get punished, why should DBD be different? There are thousands of more competitive games then DBD that punish people for being toxic, DBD shouldn't be an exception.

    Too many entitled little snowflakes play this game. Tell me 1 game that punishes for Tbagging or talking smack. im not talking about hatespeech or extreme vulgar stuff, all punish for that.

  • @THEFREAK420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295791#Comment_1295791

    Too many entitled little snowflakes play this game. Tell me 1 game that punishes for Tbagging or talking smack. im not talking about hatespeech or extreme vulgar stuff, all punish for that.

    You arent punished for T-Bagging, the only thing you could be punished for is if you are being toxic and harass your opponent in endgame chat ("Talking Smack"), doesn't even have to be vulgar.

    Also, funny you call people here snowflake yet you (and one other person) are the only person who I have seen get this mad over a videogame in this forum.

    PvP doesn't always mean competitive, friend. Otherwise Casual Play in TF2 or Overwatch wouldn't exist. DBD is just about as casual as any of them, it's just the players that makes it competitive.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294451#Comment_1294451

    I donate what little money I can and don't pretend bullying isn't an issue because the victims need to "grow thicker skin". I'm not qualified to do much else, I didn't go into psychology.

    Oh, you're against bullying?

    Name every person that's ever been bullied.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297921#Comment_1297921

    You arent punished for T-Bagging, the only thing you could be punished for is if you are being toxic and harass your opponent in endgame chat ("Talking Smack"), doesn't even have to be vulgar.

    Also, funny you call people here snowflake yet you (and one other person) are the only person who I have seen get this mad over a videogame in this forum.

    PvP doesn't always mean competitive, friend. Otherwise Casual Play in TF2 or Overwatch wouldn't exist. DBD is just about as casual as any of them, it's just the players that makes it competitive.

    On ps4 If you dont wanna hear them talking smack, you can change your settings so only your friends can message you. Or you can add them to block list. On PC you can turn off end game chat. No game is gonna ban someone for saying "you suck " it has to be vulgar. So I dont know where you get that part about it not having to be vulgar. Who determines what is toxic? You? If you cant handle someone talking a little ######### to you then you ARE a snowflake and should go play with some legos or something & grow up. Smacktalk is a part of competition. It exists in every major sport, esports too. And PVP means player VERSUS player = competetive. You want casual play go to kill your friends otherwise all bets are off. Hatespeech and extreme vulgar stuff will get you busted in any game.

  • @THEFREAK420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296151#Comment_1296151

    I disagree. It is PLAYER vs PLAYER. Meaning competetive. If theres a winner and a loser it is a competition.

    @THEFREAK420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295791#Comment_1295791

    Too many entitled little snowflakes play this game. Tell me 1 game that punishes for Tbagging or talking smack. im not talking about hatespeech or extreme vulgar stuff, all punish for that.

    not meant to be as competetive. as people make it out to be seeing how your calling people snowflakes you also take this game competitively and to seriously.

    this not esport game it never be esports game.

  • @THEFREAK420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295791#Comment_1295791

    Too many entitled little snowflakes play this game. Tell me 1 game that punishes for Tbagging or talking smack. im not talking about hatespeech or extreme vulgar stuff, all punish for that.

    Many games do. They won't punish you for the first or second time, but if you are constantly flamming people and you get enough reports you do get punished for it. Overwatch and LoL have done it, and you don't need too go too a support email too do it.

  • -It's the nature of the internet (unfortunately).

    -There are a lot of immature people out there.

    -Lots of young people play the game and many are new to the toxic troll culture.

    -People like to flex online because in the real world they wouldn't say BOO to a goose.

    -This sort of behaviour is promoted in various YouTube videos by individuals who call themselves 'Pro-Gamers'.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297921#Comment_1297921

    Many games do. They won't punish you for the first or second time, but if you are constantly flamming people and you get enough reports you do get punished for it. Overwatch and LoL have done it, and you don't need too go too a support email too do it.

    Too bad dbd isnt responsible for post game messages on ps4. PSN is. Keep trying though. You'll be right eventually.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    -It's the nature of the internet (unfortunately).

    -There are a lot of immature people out there.

    -Lots of young people play the game and many are new to the toxic troll culture.

    -People like to flex online because in the real world they wouldn't say BOO to a goose.

    -This sort of behaviour is promoted in various YouTube videos by individuals who call themselves 'Pro-Gamers'.

    Number 4 is dead on. It's easy to be a big person online when it wont get you punched in the mouth. It's the nature of the internet and I dont see it ever changing.

  • @THEFREAK420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1299401#Comment_1299401

    Too bad dbd isnt responsible for post game messages on ps4. PSN is. Keep trying though. You'll be right eventually.

    yet again, you prove my point even more lol. Stop being childish and have a real discussion or are gonna just keep being rude and try and deflect everything instead of addressing my point?

  • the best way against toxicity is. tell the people after teh game what you think about them and disable your steam acc. so they cant write you. next time you take a oneshot killer and kill them all over and over again.


    if they teabag you just go to a exitgate and go afk (your head through the wall) dont play against them. let them make the gens and dont give them points. wehen they finished the gens open the exit gate and let them escape. they will lose 1 pip and alls fine for you^^

1 2 ›