what's going on with the devs?

This game is becoming a pile of cheaters, in the last two weeks I have met 5 cheaters, one I even met twice... well, you may ask what the devs have to do with it? the fact that only one has been banned, and the one I met twice is still playing, and some even have more than 1000 hours of gameplay... another fact is that who insult, the day after has a ban, the cheaters have to play against a dev to get a ban? come on, this game is becoming a joke

Comments

  • @yato said:

    This game is becoming a pile of cheaters, in the last two weeks I have met 5 cheaters, one I even met twice... well, you may ask what the devs have to do with it? the fact that only one has been banned, and the one I met twice is still playing, and some even have more than 1000 hours of gameplay... another fact is that who insult, the day after has a ban, the cheaters have to play against a dev to get a ban? come on, this game is becoming a joke

    I'm cautiously optimistic... but please tell us.

    In what manner were they cheating?

  • wait a minte, hold on before the predator people arrive and say you're trying to bait with 16 posts. what type of cheating are you talking about because ive never seen cheating yet. and also record them if you think they're cheating so it's evidence.

  • Yeah I saw an increase in cheaters the last weeks too. Last 3 years i probably saw one cheater at all, and in the past two weeks I saw five of them. Devs need to do something against hackers asap, cause obviously EAC doesnt register anything.

  • EAC is a steaming pile of garbage so it's no surprise there are cheaters. Instead it bans you for having rbg lighting on your headset. It's very fun.

    Record the cheaters, report them in end-game, and submit an additional report using that recording as evidence. Even on low fps and Bitrate, if there's clear evidence support will ban the player.

  • @yato said:

    This game is becoming a pile of cheaters, in the last two weeks I have met 5 cheaters, one I even met twice... well, you may ask what the devs have to do with it? the fact that only one has been banned, and the one I met twice is still playing, and some even have more than 1000 hours of gameplay... another fact is that who insult, the day after has a ban, the cheaters have to play against a dev to get a ban? come on, this game is becoming a joke

    1k hrs players got bored of the monotony for 4 yrs the same so they hack to have fun, pretty fair

    DBD needs to innovate with game modes, news items, rewards for prestige/devotion, champs... then players will have fun again and no feel like hacking

  • Nothing has really changed, this is just the way things work. Cheats come out, cheats get detected/fixed, then people find new ways to cheat and the cycle repeats. We've always got a team working on it and we'll make sure to get them fixed and the cheaters banned as soon as we can.

  • @Peanits said:

    Nothing has really changed, this is just the way things work. Cheats come out, cheats get detected/fixed, then people find new ways to cheat and the cycle repeats. We've always got a team working on it and we'll make sure to get them fixed and the cheaters banned as soon as we can.

    Thanks, I'm sure you get to repeat this a lot.

    Don't we all wish Devs were the all powerful super wizards with infinity gauntlet speed snap fixes that users want and demand? :D

  • @Peanits said:

    Nothing has really changed, this is just the way things work. Cheats come out, cheats get detected/fixed, then people find new ways to cheat and the cycle repeats. We've always got a team working on it and we'll make sure to get them fixed and the cheaters banned as soon as we can.

    Question is - why does it take so long sometimes?

    Yesterday, I had 4 Cheaters in total. One of them was reported by me earlier:

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    Hello,

    today I found my first Hacker. It was the Feng from my Screenshot:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/706/R9WPYKCSK5UN.jpg

    Names censored, the last two lines where from someone who left the Lobby earlier. Basically what happend was that Feng said that she can froze the game and well... the Lobby was frozen. Chat worked fine and hitting "Ready" worked fine as well. So my SWF-Mate and myself stayed in that Lobby because we thought that there is a Bug with the Crossplay-Option (maybe if the Windows Store-User is doing something like Bloodwebs or Customization the Lobby freezes, I dont know).

    I dont have any recording, but this is what basically happened:

    Feng got only injured while Haunted Ground was active.

    Able to use For the people and instantly getting unbroken and healthy

    Possibly Wallhacks because she found both Hex Totems (Haunted and Retribution)

    Did not get any Madness from Docs Shocks

    Speedhack

    Unlimited Flashlight

    Self-Hooking and Self-Unhooking

    Game Freezing

    Flying

    ...

    Yeah. In the end my SWF-Mate and I gave the Killer the Hooks and the Kills, so he at least got something out of the Match.

    So I guess Windows Store Users should be dodged from now on? I only had them once in my Lobby when I was playing Killer and the game was lagging like Hell at some point (apparently Servers were laggy, because the other players said it was laggy for them as well...This was a 3 man SWF from the Windows Store). But now I am not sure if it was really the Server...

    Anyone else experienced something like that? I know that Monto has faced some Cheaters so far, but this was quite a new experience for me.

    But I will certainly dodge Windows Store Users from now on.

    EDIT: We both reported her of course.

    This was 11 days ago. How can I still have this guy in a Lobby? What needs to be done to report those people so they can get banned as fast as possible? Because apparently an ingame-Report is not enough.

  • @Tiersis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1293547#Comment_1293547

    Thanks, I'm sure you get to repeat this a lot.

    Don't we all wish Devs were the all powerful super wizards with infinity gauntlet speed snap fixes that users want and demand? :D

    Tbh, the mods can just snap our complaints away with logical arguments.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1293547#Comment_1293547

    Question is - why does it take so long sometimes?

    Yesterday, I had 4 Cheaters in total. One of them was reported by me earlier:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151574/so-i-had-my-first-hacker-in-my-lobby

    This was 11 days ago. How can I still have this guy in a Lobby? What needs to be done to report those people so they can get banned as fast as possible? Because apparently an ingame-Report is not enough.

    Because bans that involve large scale tools are usually done in waves as to obfuscate how they're being detected, people would run certain hacks up until they get banned and then work from there on what they were using and what may have been detected, if you ban a heck tonne of people all on the same day you never really can pinpoint what caused the ban.

  • Basically everything. Was able to heal instantly with For the People and was healthy instantly as well, unlimited Flashlight, spamming Hook Animation, Speedhack... Game freezes. Yesterday he was one of the 4 Hackers I encountered, I recognized the name (this time as Legacy Claudette...Windows Store btw.). And as soon as I joined as Killer, Lobby was frozen again... ^^

    My personal highlight yesterday was a Billy who was using Kindred.

    @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1293585#Comment_1293585

    Because bans that involve large scale tools are usually done in waves as to obfuscate how they're being detected, people would run certain hacks up until they get banned and then work from there on what they were using and what may have been detected, if you ban a heck tonne of people all on the same day you never really can pinpoint what caused the ban.

    Ah, gotcha. Makes sense!

  • @Tiersis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1293547#Comment_1293547

    Thanks, I'm sure you get to repeat this a lot.

    Don't we all wish Devs were the all powerful super wizards with infinity gauntlet speed snap fixes that users want and demand? :D

    Maybe then half of the PvP games would actually be balanced lol.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1293696#Comment_1293696

    Basically everything. Was able to heal instantly with For the People and was healthy instantly as well, unlimited Flashlight, spamming Hook Animation, Speedhack... Game freezes. Yesterday he was one of the 4 Hackers I encountered, I recognized the name (this time as Legacy Claudette...Windows Store btw.). And as soon as I joined as Killer, Lobby was frozen again... ^^

    My personal highlight yesterday was a Billy who was using Kindred.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1293700#Comment_1293700

    Ah, gotcha. Makes sense!

    A killer can give themselves kindred? Holy ######### that's hilarious lmao

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1293716#Comment_1293716

    A killer can give themselves kindred? Holy ######### that's hilarious lmao

    I mean, who needs BBQ. Kindred on Billy is the way to go.

  • 302 votes and 107 comments so far on Reddit


    Yall remember this cheaters?


    good times

  • and it was one of the easiest cheats possible


    you literally just had to open the script and change 1 line and you were able to cheat easily


    glad devs fixed it

  • the cheaters i met are the ones with Lag switch and God/speed/levitate hacks - this in answer for who questioned about what cheaters i met

    Thanks for the answer Mr. Peanits, i hope u will fix as sonn possible this problem with the cheaters, good work ^^

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1293547#Comment_1293547

    Question is - why does it take so long sometimes?

    Yesterday, I had 4 Cheaters in total. One of them was reported by me earlier:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151574/so-i-had-my-first-hacker-in-my-lobby

    This was 11 days ago. How can I still have this guy in a Lobby? What needs to be done to report those people so they can get banned as fast as possible? Because apparently an ingame-Report is not enough.

    most games are like this sorry

  • Cheating is just like Computer viruses. There is a 2-way street for all things built by a computer technician. Hence why NSA and U.S. DOD are always actively trying to research new Cryptology methods. Wireless is an example of failing security ;).

    I'd be more concerned about dev responses on ways to solve game mechanics issues that have gone unpatched since Launch.

  • image.png

    EAC seems bugged

  • @yato said:

    This game is becoming a pile of cheaters, in the last two weeks I have met 5 cheaters, one I even met twice... well, you may ask what the devs have to do with it? the fact that only one has been banned, and the one I met twice is still playing, and some even have more than 1000 hours of gameplay... another fact is that who insult, the day after has a ban, the cheaters have to play against a dev to get a ban? come on, this game is becoming a joke

    Do remember that all the devs are working at home right now, so it's harder for them to take care of rising hackers.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/154455/whats-going-on-with-the-devs

    Do remember that all the devs are working at home right now, so it's harder for them to take care of rising hackers.

    maybe u're right, but many have a lot hours, as i said, and some i reported with ticket and videos

  • @yato said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1312883#Comment_1312883

    maybe u're right, but many have a lot hours, as i said, and some i reported with ticket and videos

    Not everyone cheats at hour one. My point is that reporting someone will take longer to yield results because the devs are all working from home.

  • in my playtime i met with like 3-4 cheaters.. not that bad compared to other games