Hatch needs a 5-7 second delay.

I thought with this dc timer this would stop people dcing for hatch boy was i wrong instead i get someone dcing for hatch and the classic "5 minutes means nothing lmao" something needs to be done about this a hatch delay seems fair since the other person is purposely abusing dcing for hatch.


Before that one person is like "but its 5 minutes until they can play again" most people can just pull up a youtube video and chill during that time there needs to be a downside to dcing to give hatch other then a 5 minute timer.


To paint what happened i downed the a Nea and the last gen popped and i saw jake he ran to the same side as nea but dced when i downed him so she could instantly jump in hatch.


EDIT so just so people understand what im asking for basically when a survivor dies on hook there is a death timer which pauses hatch from opening for 5-7 seconds dev's correct me if im wrong on timings basically im asking for that timer to be applied once someone dc's so basically it would make it as if they died on hook which would stop tactical dc's as people would no longer have that instant escape through hatch.

Comments

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285965#Comment_1285965

    I'm not baiting, I'm asking you legit questions that you dodge. Dont. Mistake me for an entitled survivor, I'm a killer main. However! I don't see how your complaint about the dc is fair to actual people who play the game.

    Yeah, dc is against the rules, we all know that, and we've all pointed out in multiple posts the downfall of dcing, I'll do it again

    No points earned!

    Depip

    Time out!!!!

    Those are your 3 major disadvantages to being a quitter, be it tactical or not, because I'm gonna tell you right now, there isn't anything tactically rewording by being the last survivor because someone else had to lose it all. That's escaping a Slaughter and there isn't any satisfaction in it. If a killer takes down 3 people that's a win.

    So my question is

    A: do you understand the person dcing is being punished

    B: was the 4th kill that game changing to you?

    I'll make fun if entitled survivors all day, but there are definitely entitled killers too. Don't be that killer

    Yes youtube is a punishment lmao

    Again it's against the rules to abuse exploits so actually yes it is.


    entitled lmao

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285983#Comment_1285983

    You wanna know what's the counterplay? moving on cause 3k is enough for pips if that's your problem.

    And we can say this discussion isn't going anywhere, the fix you bring to the table is abusable and not fair, so there's no point on discussing it

    You wanna know what the counterplay should be a delay so the killer is not punished because of someone else's actions as its a 4v1 game well if there is no reason to continue then move along stop commenting LMAO bye?

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285983#Comment_1285983

    You wanna know what's the counterplay? moving on cause 3k is enough for pips if that's your problem.

    And we can say this discussion isn't going anywhere, the fix you bring to the table is abusable and not fair, so there's no point on discussing it

    You know what the equivalent of saying this is?

    "Hey Kibara, don't worry about those cheaters using actual hacks and cheats in the game. Just move on with your 3k! You'll pip anyways. You shouldn't punish those people because they're abusing cheats and hacks, because that would not be fair."

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285931#Comment_1285931

    If the Killer is slugging, he risks the other Survivor coming in for the rescue.

    If the Killer is slugging, he risks the slugged Survivor bleeding out and die before he could find either the Hatch or the other Survivor.

    If the Killer is slugging, the game will end normally with the slugged Survivor bleeding out.

    Nothing is being exploited there, because the game will end naturally.

    Either by the Slugged Survivor bleeding out, by the Killer finding the Other Survivor, by the Other Survivor rescuing the Slugged Survivor, or by the Other Survivor escaping and leaving the Slugged Survivor to die with a key.

    I know. I was saying it was an "exploit" (mind the quotations) because people were calling the similarly detrimental behavior (hatch D/C) an "exploit". Neither are actually exploits, they're just scummy ways to play.... but if you're going to call one an exploitation of a certain in-game mechanic, then the other is as well.

    For example, I played a game against a Doctor who slugged my teammate in the middle area of Azarov's Resting Place, and proxy-camped them. Picking them up off the ground wasn't a possibility. The game went on for 3 minutes after she was initially slugged, with me hiding on the right side of the map. Meanwhile, the Doctor knew where the hatch was (LEFT side of the map), and immediately shut it after she bled out. I wouldn't call that ending the game "naturally", because it was a huge waste of time for me and my teammate. The "natural ending" would have been him hooking my teammate, shutting the hatch and triggering EGC for an actual ending. Not 4 minutes of waiting around while my teammate is getting camped to death on the ground.

    But, in the end, discussing it really doesn't matter. You can't keep a Killer from slugging for the 4k, and you can't keep a Survivor from D/C'ing for their teammate to get the hatch (especially since they're already getting punished with loss of BPs and pip), since neither are necessarily against the rules.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285966#Comment_1285966

    I know. I was saying it was an "exploit" (mind the quotations) because people were calling the similarly detrimental behavior (hatch D/C) an "exploit". Neither are actually exploits, they're just scummy ways to play.... but if you're going to call one an exploitation of a certain in-game mechanic, then the other is as well.

    For example, I played a game against a Doctor who slugged my teammate in the middle area of Azarov's Resting Place, and proxy-camped them. Picking them up off the ground wasn't a possibility. The game went on for 3 minutes after she was initially slugged, with me hiding on the right side of the map. Meanwhile, the Doctor knew where the hatch was (LEFT side of the map), and immediately shut it after she bled out. I wouldn't call that ending the game "naturally", because it was a huge waste of time for me and my teammate. The "natural ending" would have been him hooking my teammate, shutting the hatch and triggering EGC for an actual ending. Not 4 minutes of waiting around while my teammate is getting camped to death on the ground.

    But, in the end, discussing it really doesn't matter. You can't keep a Killer from slugging for the 4k, and you can't keep a Survivor from D/C'ing for their teammate to get the hatch (especially since they're already getting punished with loss of BPs and pip), since neither are necessarily against the rules.

    But it is actually against the rules though lmao?


    EXPLOITS: ABUSING BUGS OR ERRORS IN DESIGN TO GAIN A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE

    • Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
    • In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL


  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285994#Comment_1285994

    And 5 minutes prevents you from playing so that is a temporary-ban.

    And wanna know what else dcing gives you? 0 bps, 0 devotion experience, 0 rift progress, depip and if you get a in game crash it will probably a 15m and game crashing on this game are pretty common if you play more than 7+ matchs

    I've played DBD with it being on 24/7 and I have never had it crash as common as the Forums makes you think it does.

    If DBD is crashing, it's your machine. Not the game.

    And honestly, do you think someone who DCs cares about BPs, Experience or Rift progress?

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286001#Comment_1286001

    Again? I already told you the flaws about this, if you just ignore them I will not discuss with you anymore.

    You actually never explained the flaw nor did you even prove your point how could it be abused explain.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285862#Comment_1285862

    So what you're telling me is if a person Disconnects and forfeits their game, which is something the devs heavily discourage you to do, so their teammate can get on the Hatch that's fine, but if a Killer slugs to give himself a chance to look for the last Survivor while still playing the game isn't?

    I mean, we've had this exact thread before. The majority of people agreed that it was perfectly acceptable to disconnect as a survivor if it meant stymieing the killer somehow.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285865#Comment_1285865

    I mean, we've had this exact thread before. The majority of people agreed that it was perfectly acceptable to disconnect as a survivor if it meant stymieing the killer somehow.

    And that's the issue why should it be allowed to screw the killer over because you lost the game.

  • But how would they do so if you are both on the ground that means you lost correct so why should you be allowed to dc to prevent the death animation which is 5-7 seconds.

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    If you're complaining about it you were slugging for the 4k.

    Why complaining when you're using such boring mechanic to make the game miserable and even more long to everyone? take your 3k and move on, you're not entitled to nothing.

    If you're defending DCs then you were DCing for the hatch.

    Why complain when you're abusing a cheesy mechanic to rip off the killer and get an escape when you shouldn't have? Just get sacrificed and move on, you're not entitled to an escape

  • @Cheers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285837#Comment_1285837

    Dude try to take posts seriously, if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute to the discussion then don't.

    Personally, I wouldn't be against it if it was for a dc. In any other situation I'd be against it.

    Don't police my posts. If you think what I've said is reportable then do so. Otherwise feel free to ignore it.

  • You know what that flaw would be if it were added into the game?

    The same amount of time it takes for a Hooked Survivor to die before the Hatch is opened. DCing removes that short amount of time.

    DCing is the equivalent of skipping the whole sacrifice cutscene when you get Death Hook as a Survivor. Which halts opening the Hatch until it ends.

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286013#Comment_1286013

    Do a ticket reporting that survivor for exploiting and we see what happens :)

    lmao it's always funny when someone can't prove their points so they quickly rush to change the subject i get it you lost have a good day bud maybe next year.

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285983#Comment_1285983

    You wanna know what's the counterplay? moving on cause 3k is enough for pips if that's your problem.

    And we can say this discussion isn't going anywhere, the fix you bring to the table is abusable and not fair, so there's no point on discussing it

    someone doesn't know what counterplay means lmfao

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286014#Comment_1286014

    Uhm.

    And no, when DBD crash it is 99% of the time cause of the spaghetti code.

    And they're getting punished still.....

    No, it's your machine. Not DBD crashing.

    Because otherwise the fact that I kept DBD on for as long as I usually do, I would experience crashes on the regular. Yet I don't. Your experience is not universal.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286031#Comment_1286031

    You know what that flaw would be if it were added into the game?

    The same amount of time it takes for a Hooked Survivor to die before the Hatch is opened. DCing removes that short amount of time.

    DCing is the equivalent of skipping the whole sacrifice cutscene when you get Death Hook as a Survivor. Which halts opening the Hatch until it ends.

    And this right here goes right back to the point they are purposely negating the 5-7 second animation of dying so their friend can have a free escape could not have said it better myself well done.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285993#Comment_1285993

    Yes youtube is a punishment lmao

    Again it's against the rules to abuse exploits so actually yes it is.

    Entitled LMFAO you my dude are the donkey of the year.

    Okay i don't fully understand the youtube part of that, and the exploit statement you've ran into the ground like 100 times. Again, we all know lol

    So does the survivor stay in the game so you can kill him and feel good because hes being a good sport and you somehow deserve that kill because whatever reasons?

    Disconnect loses pip, loses points, loses bloodpoints that game, its actually like they didnt even play and lost rank.

    Also say they for some ungodly reason listened to your selfentitlement rant and placed a 5sec timer for everyone else to make it harder to escape, well how would you balance it out so the survivor can have a fair chance at escaping? Do you have anything is your whole topic one sided only?

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286035#Comment_1286035

    "You're not entitled to a escape"

    You're not entitled to a kill either.

    They are if they earn it, which they clearly have by denying the survivors their objective.

    The hatch is a gift. Just take it when you can and stop hunting for justifications for abusive play.

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286035#Comment_1286035

    "You're not entitled to a escape"

    You're not entitled to a kill either.

    Yeah but you're not entitled to an escape either 😂

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285998#Comment_1285998

    Okay i don't fully understand the youtube part of that, and the exploit statement you've ran into the ground like 100 times. Again, we all know lol

    So does the survivor stay in the game so you can kill him and feel good because hes being a good sport and you somehow deserve that kill because whatever reasons?

    Disconnect loses pip, loses points, loses bloodpoints that game, its actually like they didnt even play and lost rank.

    Also say they for some ungodly reason listened to your selfentitlement rant and placed a 5sec timer for everyone else to make it harder to escape, well how would you balance it out so the survivor can have a fair chance at escaping? Do you have anything is your whole topic one sided only?

    You do realize the survivor dying on hook is the same amount of time i suggest the delay be correct? so what would be the difference oh let me guess they wouldn't be able to abuse it anymore being a killer or survivor main means nothing its about being a good sport and trying to add things to promote a better experience for both sides why should the survivor be given a free escape because someone decided to dc so they skip the whole death animation which was put into the game for a reason.

  • Not at all bud you didn't even prick the top of my skin if anything you showed me how biased one can be in regards to the game you to there bud.

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285865#Comment_1285865

    I never said it isn't fine, I said it is boring and isn't fun for anyone.

    And how do you it isn't allowed to disconnect when you lose all bps, depip and get a 5min penalty? and if it wasn't intended devs would remove the dc option or would fix this a long time ago.

    There are those codewords again.

    "But it's booooring. It's not fuuuuun. Therefore, I'm justified in breaking the rules by disconnecting."

  • What's the difference between waiting the 4 minute bleed out timer and the 5 minute DC timer?

  • Oh my god, who cares. Is it annoying when a survivor dcs to give their teammate the hatch? Sure. Does it happen often enough to warrant a three page thread of bickering about it? No.

    There’s an in game punishment for dcs, just deal with it and move on.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286010#Comment_1286010

    But it is actually against the rules though lmao?

    EXPLOITS: ABUSING BUGS OR ERRORS IN DESIGN TO GAIN A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE

    • Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
    • In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    D/C'ing for hatch doesn't fall under any of those.... the person who does it certainly doesn't gain anything whatsoever. These definitions apply to a person personally doing something that benefits them that is exploiting an error or bug, such as glitching outside of the map. The person who D/Cs gets absolutely nothing, and is actually penalized for their action. Yes, it somewhat benefits the other Survivor, but it's still at the cost of THEIR points and rank. THEY do not benefit whatsoever from the D/C.

    You know, I'm not defending hatch D/C because I think it's right. I personally would never D/C for my teammate to have the hatch (I've actually never D/C'ed in my entire game time), because I think it's dumb and I don't want to lose my points and pips. I'm not really even defending hatch D/C at all. I'm saying that calling it an exploit is wrong, because it's not an exploit. I mean, what if the slugged teammate D/Cs when the alive teammate isn't anywhere near the hatch, but then they find it anyway? Would that still be an "exploit" to you? And I'm not trying to be antagonistic at all, I'm just saying. If they implemented a "give up" option for Survivors who were slugged longer than 60 seconds (with them getting to keep all of their points and the Killer getting compensated), I think hatch D/Cs and slugging for 4ks wouldn't be a thing anymore.

  • @chase131119 said:

    What's the difference between waiting the 4 minute bleed out timer and the 5 minute DC timer?

    They can't instantly sproing right into the hatch if they gotta wait for the bleedout

  • @Jacoby2041 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286059#Comment_1286059

    They can't instantly sproing right into the hatch if they gotta wait for the bleedout

    I'm not talking about the hatch in this instance, people are complaining that "slugging is boring" but they still have to wait nonetheless, therefore they achieved practically nothing. It just confuses me.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286013#Comment_1286013

    D/C'ing for hatch doesn't fall under any of those.... the person who does it certainly doesn't gain anything whatsoever. These definitions apply to a person personally doing something that benefits them that is exploiting an error or bug, such as glitching outside of the map. The person who D/Cs gets absolutely nothing, and is actually penalized for their action. Yes, it somewhat benefits the other Survivor, but it's still at the cost of THEIR points and rank. THEY do not benefit whatsoever from the D/C.

    You know, I'm not defending hatch D/C because I think it's right. I personally would never D/C for my teammate to have the hatch (I've actually never D/C'ed in my entire game time), because I think it's dumb and I don't want to lose my points and pips. I'm not really even defending hatch D/C at all. I'm saying that calling it an exploit is wrong, because it's not an exploit. I mean, what if the slugged teammate D/Cs when the alive teammate isn't anywhere near the hatch, but then they find it anyway? Would that still be an "exploit" to you? And I'm not trying to be antagonistic at all, I'm just saying. If they implemented a "give up" option for Survivors who were slugged longer than 60 seconds (with them getting to keep all of their points and the Killer getting compensated), I think hatch D/Cs and slugging for 4ks wouldn't be a thing anymore.

    You can't compare slugging to abusing a mechanic im sorry you really cant do so slugging has counterplay which is simple unbreakable what has 0 counterplay is running to a corner and dcing so someone gets hatch to basically negate the hook death animation that seems like an exploit from what the rule says.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    Oh my god, who cares. Is it annoying when a survivor dcs to give their teammate the hatch? Sure. Does it happen often enough to warrant a three page thread of bickering about it? No.

    There’s an in game punishment for dcs, just deal with it and move on.

    Why should i "just deal with it" when it's an exploit with that logic the next killer exploit that happens you should just deal with it because who cares?

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286048#Comment_1286048

    You do realize the survivor dying on hook is the same amount of time i suggest the delay be correct? so what would be the difference oh let me guess they wouldn't be able to abuse it anymore being a killer or survivor main means nothing its about being a good sport and trying to add things to promote a better experience for both sides why should the survivor be given a free escape because someone decided to dc so they skip the whole death animation which was put into the game for a reason.

    And they get punished, that 3sec wait cost them everything, but alright we can agree that we both like a good honest fair game. So now that say we made it to where the game adds another 5 to 7 sec of wait time on top of the already wait time for the person dying. How do we make it slightly more fair for the last person who either finds that hatch and Hope's you dont rush over there which will happen, or open that last door. Do we maybe add an extra 50% gate opening progress speed? Maybe a 50% increase wiggle? How do we make it so we have a fair game for both parties, I want your honest answer because honestly I'd say add the wiggle progress but that's because i like the idea of getting a free down on someone :p

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286053#Comment_1286053

    And they get punished, that 3sec wait cost them everything, but alright we can agree that we both like a good honest fair game. So now that say we made it to where the game adds another 5 to 7 sec of wait time on top of the already wait time for the person dying. How do we make it slightly more fair for the last person who either finds that hatch and Hope's you dont rush over there which will happen, or open that last door. Do we maybe add an extra 50% gate opening progress speed? Maybe a 50% increase wiggle? How do we make it so we have a fair game for both parties, I want your honest answer because honestly I'd say add the wiggle progress but that's because i like the idea of getting a free down on someone :p

    What lmao if the survivor is on the ground that means the killer downed them if a survivor didn't disconnect that survivor still would have to wait the death animation correct so why should this give them any advantage when it is the same exact time as the death animation there literally is no difference like none the killer would get them regardless of a dc but with how it currently is the killer can't do anything once the dc happens once the survivor pulls them to the corner while the other is near hatch the point of the post is addressing the work around to an animation that was intended to be in the game for a reason which is to allow the killer time to find the hatch and or get to the downed survivor.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286071#Comment_1286071

    What lmao if the survivor is on the ground that means the killer downed them if a survivor didn't disconnect that survivor still would have to wait the death animation correct so why should this give them any advantage when it is the same exact time as the death animation there literally is no difference like none.

    I don't follow, if you downed someone while putting someone else on the hook you already dont need to worry about the hatch so that makes no sense to me, that's what I said you should do in the first place. What im saying is this.

    My team mate gets on the hook, I find the hatch (last man standing) and I wait for the following 6sec wait time on death while you rush over to me, I then have to wait an additional 5sec to open the hatch of which if it works like any other progress action you'll then immediately grab me, my other option is I run around but then you'll body block me and close the hatch. My options are now the gate. But if this was an actual thing with the timer and the game played out as stated above, what's the advantage for me? Because you already hold all advantages now. Will I have an increase wiggle bar progress, or an increase in gate opening. Or do I not deserve either?

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286061#Comment_1286061

    Why should i "just deal with it" when it's an exploit with that logic the next killer exploit that happens you should just deal with it because who cares?

    I do deal with it when killers exploit in ways that don’t totally break the game. Jumping over pallets, stuff like that Legion pallet blind trick, whatever. As long as it’s a normal match that ends in an appropriate time I really don’t care about minor exploits, because I don’t consider this game to be a super serious esport.

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286075#Comment_1286075

    I don't follow, if you downed someone while putting someone else on the hook you already dont need to worry about the hatch so that makes no sense to me, that's what I said you should do in the first place. What in saying is this

    My team mate gets on the hook, I find the hatch (last man standing) and I wait for the following 6sec wait time on death while you rush over to me, I then have to wait an additional 5sec to open the hatch of which if it works like any other progress action you'll then immediately grab me, my other option is I run around but then you'll body block me and close the hatch. My options are now the gate. But if this was an actual thing with the timer and the game played out as stated above, what's the advantage for me? Because you already hold all advantages now. Will I have an increase wiggle bar progress, or an increase in gate opening. Or do I not deserve either?

    You are missing what im saying so i will paint it for you i downed the nea the last gen popped i saw the jake went after jake well nea found hatch i downed jake he dced nothing i could do she got hatch for free because she was ontop of it when he dced what im saying is in that same situation jake would have got a timer and the nea would not have been rewarded with the jake's dc because with my idea it would have been a death timer meaning i would have had time to reach her since i saw her on the ground while chasing jake.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286070#Comment_1286070

    I do deal with it when killers exploit in ways that don’t totally break the game. Jumping over pallets, stuff like that Legion pallet blind trick, whatever. As long as it’s a normal match that ends in an appropriate time I really don’t care about minor exploits, because I don’t consider this game to be a super serious esport.

    Did you just call legion an exploit yeah bait.

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286085#Comment_1286085

    That's why im not discussing with him.

    Instead of fixing he's idea flaws he doesn't so there's no point on discussing this if we're not going to make anywhere.

    Nah you are not discussing because you can't prove your point and you just gave up be honest the truth will set you free.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286063#Comment_1286063

    You can't compare slugging to abusing a mechanic im sorry you really cant do so slugging has counterplay which is simple unbreakable what has 0 counterplay is running to a corner and dcing so someone gets hatch to basically negate the hook death animation that seems like an exploit from what the rule says.

    I understand what you're trying to say, but saying Unbreakable is ***the counter*** to slugging is silly. If you're being camped while slugged (which happens frequently with slugging for the 4k in my experience, especially with stealth killers), you get up with Unbreakable and you go down again.... what are you going to do? Get up and get slugged again? No, because it only works once.

    It's still not an exploit, since it is not directly benefiting the person who "exploited" whatsoever. It's just a scummy thing to do. And like I said, what if the Survivor D/Cs while their teammate is nowhere near the hatch, but they find it anyway? Would you still call that an exploit?

    Please understand that in no way am I defending hatch D/Cs, since I think it's a dumb thing to do, but to call it an exploit is silly. It's just a scummy "tactic". I'm finished replying though, since I know that nothing will be done about this and to have a 4 page discussion on something that won't be addressed is asinine. No offense of course, just saying that there are better things to do!

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286075#Comment_1286075

    I don't follow, if you downed someone while putting someone else on the hook you already dont need to worry about the hatch so that makes no sense to me, that's what I said you should do in the first place. What in saying is this

    My team mate gets on the hook, I find the hatch (last man standing) and I wait for the following 6sec wait time on death while you rush over to me, I then have to wait an additional 5sec to open the hatch of which if it works like any other progress action you'll then immediately grab me, my other option is I run around but then you'll body block me and close the hatch. My options are now the gate. But if this was an actual thing with the timer and the game played out as stated above, what's the advantage for me? Because you already hold all advantages now. Will I have an increase wiggle bar progress, or an increase in gate opening. Or do I not deserve either?

    Thats not what im saying you are missing the point this does not add more time to the death animation basically if someone dc's their timer is the same as the death animation giving the killer time to either find the hatch or find you it would be no different then someone dying on hook while basically removing tactical dcs

  • They're talking about the Legion pallet blind thing, where you frenzy, vault the pallet while being blinded and it cancels his power with no fatigue, allowing him to immediately attack again.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286069#Comment_1286069

    I understand what you're trying to say, but saying Unbreakable is ***the counter*** to slugging is silly. If you're being camped while slugged (which happens frequently with slugging for the 4k in my experience, especially with stealth killers), you get up with Unbreakable and you go down again.... what are you going to do? Get up and get slugged again? No, because it only works once.

    It's still not an exploit, since it is not directly benefiting the person who "exploited" whatsoever. It's just a scummy thing to do. And like I said, what if the Survivor D/Cs while their teammate is nowhere near the hatch, but they find it anyway? Would you still call that an exploit?

    Please understand that in no way am I defending hatch D/Cs, since I think it's a dumb thing to do, but to call it an exploit is silly. It's just a scummy "tactic". I'm finished replying though, since I know that nothing will be done about this and to have a 4 page discussion on something that won't be addressed is asinine. No offense of course, just saying that there are better things to do!

    Yes i would because they are still dcing in hopes they will find the hatch the mentality still exists regardless of if they are on hatch or not it's still attempting to exploit the mechanic.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286085#Comment_1286085

    You are missing what im saying so i will paint it for you i downed the nea the last gen popped i saw the jake went after jake well nea found hatch i downed jake he dced nothing i could do she got hatch for free because she was ontop of it when he dced what im saying is in that same situation jake would have got a timer and the nea would not have been rewarded with the jake's dc because with my idea it would have been a death timer meaning i would have had time to reach her since i saw her on the ground while chasing jake.

    Alright I get wht the situation is, but even then if you add such a timer to the game, you'll still need to balance it out with something that makes it so you dont hold every card, because remember when it's a 1on1 chase, it's all or nothing and without that hatch you really don't got alot going on for you as a survivor. Once you've been downed that's game unless you wiggle out

    So in a game where you legit put that guy on the hook and he didnt dc but the timer does activate, that last survivor holds the biggest disadvantage. So what would you place to maybe balance it out. Remember this game is supposed to be about balance.

    I know generally survivors have the advantage, but that's with a team so I'm souly going on a 1v1 match here.

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286096#Comment_1286096

    I dont discuss no-constructive threads.

    The best we can do is just let this thread die so it goes to the sand of forums threads.

    Then dont continue to comment you are actively helping the thread lmao.

  • How do you read “Legion pallet blind trick” and think that means I’m calling Legion an exploit? Good job.

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286091#Comment_1286091

    Alright I get wht the situation is, but even then if you add such a timer to the game, you'll still need to balance it out with something that makes it so you dont hold every card, because remember when it's a 1on1 chase, it's all or nothing and without that hatch you really don't got alot going on for you as a survivor. Once you've been downed that's game unless you wiggle out

    So in a game where you legit put that guy on the hook and he didnt dc but the timer does activate, that lady survivor holds the biggest disadvantage. So what would you place to maybe balance it out. Remember this game is supposed to be about balance.

    I know generally survivors have the advantage, but that's with a team so I'm souly going on a 1v1 match here.

    What disadvantage are you talking about the survivor still has to wait the normal time as they would if someone died on hook which is 5-7 seconds the only way they would lose is if the killer knew where hatch was but even then they can just camp a door im very lost on why you believe they need something extra because removing a work around to the death animation?

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286094#Comment_1286094

    How do you read “Legion pallet blind trick” and think that means I’m calling Legion an exploit? Good job.

    My fault someone else pointed out what you meant i saw jumping over pallets and thought you were talking about his power my fault bud.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286094#Comment_1286094

    They're talking about the Legion pallet blind thing, where you frenzy, vault the pallet while being blinded and it cancels his power with no fatigue, allowing him to immediately attack again.

    Thank you for bringing that to my attention i thought they meant his normal power.

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286002#Comment_1286002

    Nice uhh strawman there?

    Hacking is clearly against the rules, is this against the rules? No and if they discard these bans than it is because it is not against the RULES.

    Try to make a ticket reporting a player for doing the DC tech :)

    .... So is disconnecting. DCing constantly is against the rules, DCing because of emergencies isn't.

    If you're using DC Tech, then you're most likely doing it constantly.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286070#Comment_1286070

    I do deal with it when killers exploit in ways that don’t totally break the game. Jumping over pallets, stuff like that Legion pallet blind trick, whatever. As long as it’s a normal match that ends in an appropriate time I really don’t care about minor exploits, because I don’t consider this game to be a super serious esport.

    Okay so now that i know what you mean lets try this again no game should have exploits esport or not it's not about winning or losing its about game health you can't allow quitting to be promoted which if you read this post many are promoting it i dont agree with any exploit being allowed so as far as the legion thing goes you should report it as that is not intended.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286107#Comment_1286107

    What disadvantage are you talking about the survivor still has to wait the normal time as they would if someone died on hook which is 5-7 seconds the only way they would lose is if the killer knew where hatch was but even then they can just camp a door im very lost on why you believe they need something extra because removing a work around to the death animation?

    I had a lag issue so I missed your last post, basically if they dc that still adds the death animation, I get you now but your earlier posts wasn't actually clear on that, but I understand your idea better now and I dont actually disagree with it much now. I don't know if I was the only one missing what you actually meant to say though.

1 2 3