Hatch needs a 5-7 second delay.

I thought with this dc timer this would stop people dcing for hatch boy was i wrong instead i get someone dcing for hatch and the classic "5 minutes means nothing lmao" something needs to be done about this a hatch delay seems fair since the other person is purposely abusing dcing for hatch.


Before that one person is like "but its 5 minutes until they can play again" most people can just pull up a youtube video and chill during that time there needs to be a downside to dcing to give hatch other then a 5 minute timer.


To paint what happened i downed the a Nea and the last gen popped and i saw jake he ran to the same side as nea but dced when i downed him so she could instantly jump in hatch.


EDIT so just so people understand what im asking for basically when a survivor dies on hook there is a death timer which pauses hatch from opening for 5-7 seconds dev's correct me if im wrong on timings basically im asking for that timer to be applied once someone dc's so basically it would make it as if they died on hook which would stop tactical dc's as people would no longer have that instant escape through hatch.

Comments

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286117#Comment_1286117

    I had a lag issue so I missed your last post, basically if they dc that still adds the death animation, I get you now but your earlier posts wasn't actually clear on that, but I understand your idea better now and I dont actually disagree with it much now. I don't know if I was the only one missing what you actually meant to say though.

    Its all good my dude my fault for being vague i had so many things popping up from comments but yeah basically the idea is the person dc's but they go into the "death animation" basically putting the death timer on the hatch allowing more fairness on the killer side seeing as on live there's next to nothing the killer can do im glad we had this discussion and im glad you understand what i mean now <3

  • Easy solution. If 3rd survivor dcs, bloodwarden goes into affect and hatch is locked for 90 seconds

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286134#Comment_1286134

    Its all good my dude my fault for being vague i had so many things popping up from comments but yeah basically the idea is the person dc's but they go into the "death animation" basically putting the death timer on the hatch allowing more fairness on the killer side seeing as on live there's next to nothing the killer can do im glad we had this discussion and im glad you understand what i mean now <3

    No problem, glad we could could finally see the same picture.

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    Easy solution. If 3rd survivor dcs, bloodwarden goes into affect and hatch is locked for 90 seconds

    I don't believe thats very health for the game i simply believe in terms of balance the death animation timer is more suited as its the normal amount of time it takes someone to die on hook i believe that gives the killer a decent amount of time to find hatch or get lucky and find the survivor.

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286096#Comment_1286096

    I dont discuss no-constructive threads.

    The best we can do is just let this thread die so it goes to the sand of forums threads.

    "The best we can do is just let this thread die" Yet you're 30% of the posts on this thread like ######### big brain moves.

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286142#Comment_1286142

    No problem, glad we could could finally see the same picture.

    My point exactly at first i was very confused what you were talking about but as you said you were also confused so our conversation got a little side tracked but its good we finally got both our points across!

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286156#Comment_1286156

    I don't believe thats very health for the game i simply believe in terms of balance the death animation timer is more suited as its the normal amount of time it takes someone to die on hook i believe that gives the killer a decent amount of time to find hatch or get lucky and find the survivor.

    To be fair i said easy solution not necessarily a good one lol. That all is very true and a great idea though ๐Ÿ‘

  • @metalklok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286105#Comment_1286105

    "The best we can do is just let this thread die" Yet you're 30% of the posts on this thread like ######### big brain moves.

    Honestly i think they were baiting i am almost 99% sure i feel they got upset because they couldnt provide a valid disagreement other then someone might "troll" but they couldn't explain in what way someone could troll because on live someone can just struggle to prevent hatch but with my idea a dc would bring them into instant death animation timer meaning they would have time to either find hatch or escape idk dude was really not providing enough information to disprove what i was saying.

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286162#Comment_1286162

    To be fair i said easy solution not necessarily a good one lol. That all is very true and a great idea though ๐Ÿ‘

    I feel you my dude and thank you again i am a huge dbd addict i try to see things from both sides before posting and i have made my mistakes in the past we are all human i just want the game to be fair and fun for both sides and i dont believe a tactical dc is fun or fair and or even healthy for dbd it's the opposite direction the game should be going.

  • I have updated the thread to be more clear as to what i am talking about sorry for being vague for those who didn't understand what i was talking about.

  • @Peanits Could you bring this idea up to the team and see if its possible to test it and see if it could function in dead by daylight again the idea is when a survivor dc's it would start the normal death timer as when someone is dying on hook and give the killer time to either find the survivor or hatch and give the survivor time to hide or find hatch.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285840#Comment_1285840

    Don't police my posts. If you think what I've said is reportable then do so. Otherwise feel free to ignore it.

    I'll try not do so in future, but in all honesty making meaningless comments on someone's concept is something no one wants to see. If it wasn't a suggestion than I'd be fine with it.

  • @Cheers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286037#Comment_1286037

    I'll try not do so in future, but in all honesty making meaningless comments on someone's concept is something no one wants to see. If it wasn't a suggestion than I'd be fine with it.

    It got 11 upvotes so apparently some people want to see it. Not everything has to be taken so seriously.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286801#Comment_1286801

    It got 11 upvotes so apparently some people want to see it. Not everything has to be taken so seriously.

    And mine got 16. Clearly people prefer seriousness on posts like this.

  • @Cheers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286885#Comment_1286885

    And mine got 16. Clearly people prefer seriousness on posts like this.

    Lol are you serious dude? My point was you saying "nobody wants to see that" is blatantly incorrect, not to compare who got more upvotes. ๐Ÿ˜…

    I'm done with this conversation. Next time you get the urge to tell me what I should and should not be posting, hit the flag button instead.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286925#Comment_1286925

    Lol are you serious dude? My point was you saying "nobody wants to see that" is blatantly incorrect, not to compare who got more upvotes. ๐Ÿ˜…

    I'm done with this conversation. Next time you get the urge to tell me what I should and should not be posting, hit the flag button instead.

    Grand, just trying to keep this community more polite instead of being careless while making fun of opinions.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    After reading way too many responses on here... All I have to ask is does this really happen THAT often??

    I'm a survivor main... and of the 2 years of playing this game I have never even considered DC'ing so someone can get the hatch and have never had someone do it for me either.

    The killer is now able to close the hatch... isn't that kind of enough? Don't you remember all those times where you'd have to stand there and wait for the survivor to jump in so you could grab them, or the killer making a mistake so you can get through?? Hatch is way more balanced now, and since DC'ing for the hatch is pretty uncommon, I don't see the devs rushing to get it fixed and to be honest.. I don't think it's a big deal either. You were all picking on the one person who said "oh no my 4k" when they 1. have a point, and 2. just had a tiny misunderstanding of what you were actually talking about but hey, thats survivors mains am I right? So entitled to everything.......... Even though most of the people I see on here complaining are Killer mains wanting BS changes.

    Your idea isn't bad, but the rarity of survivors who actually do this "exploit" is so uncommon it's really not a priority. If it happens, be happy with your 3k and move onto the next game.

    The rarity should not matter an exploit is an exploit regardless of how much it is preformed you think every game people were using the chainsaw with myers back in the day? nope it was rare to but what happened behavior banned a ton of people for it not saying people should be banned for dcing to give hatch but they also patched it so where is the same energy from this the game should be fair and since the devs continue to spit that this game is competitive cool then that means the game should be fair and exploits such as that which by the dev's definition dcing to give hatch fits the exploit definition then i feel in terms of fairness it should be patched my idea won't cripple the normal flow of the game what it will cripple is tactical dc's which by definition in the rules are technically not allowed.

1 2 3 โ€บ