This just isn't fun anymore

It's hard enough being a new player, but explain to me the reasoning behind this kind of a matchmaking setup. I consider myself okay as a level 15 killer using a level 10 Freddy, but the game must think I'm a pro since it decided to pit me against survivors that weren't even double digits and had max perks with ultra-rare add-ons.


Almost every killer match is like this for me. No wonder a majority of players prefer to play as survivor.

IMG_20200505_212402~2.jpg


Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I honestly just wanna drop this game if this is the kind of matches I'm going to get. I had to camp and be toxic to get the first kill.

    Illustration1.jpg Illustration2.jpg

    Even as a Survivor, I could tell the Killer was angry and frustrated. If the Devs don't want to get new people and only want to cater to the ones who play competitively and never leave the Purple/Red Ranks, then I don't want to keep playing.

    I love this game, even with all it's bugs and glitches, but I can't keep playing toxic just to make sure I get some kind of victory.

  • The same thing happens to me too! I fear that if there was crossplay then there would be ranks the same as mine but on pc who would know how to juke

  • Eh. I only play here and there, so call it casual or whatever, but I finally just threw in the towel playing Killer with this matchmaking going on still and seemingly forever. And I have very little faith in BHVR being able to design and implement a proper MMR system. I switched to Survivor. Playing killer can rot in hell, now.

  • Don't worry, soon you won't be able to even see the rank disparity so everything will be totally fixed! /s

  • @Megaguardain said:

    I honestly just wanna drop this game if this is the kind of matches I'm going to get. I had to camp and be toxic to get the first kill.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/169/J45HHBO3O3P1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/659/8E12EV60KRB3.jpg

    Even as a Survivor, I could tell the Killer was angry and frustrated. If the Devs don't want to get new people and only want to cater to the ones who play competitively and never leave the Purple/Red Ranks, then I don't want to keep playing.

    I love this game, even with all it's bugs and glitches, but I can't keep playing toxic just to make sure I get some kind of victory.

    It's not even about catering too high ranks, this also ruins those games because it's not fun too bully a new person. Makes the game too easy and feel like a waste of time. BHVR really needs too fix this issue.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    It's hard enough being a new player, but explain to me the reasoning behind this kind of a matchmaking setup. I consider myself okay as a level 15 killer using a level 10 Freddy, but the game must think I'm a pro since it decided to pit me against survivors that weren't even double digits and had max perks with ultra-rare add-ons.

    Almost every killer match is like this for me. No wonder a majority of players prefer to play as survivor.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/020/LATFWSYGNBL3.jpg

    When ppl think tanks mean skill

  • @Dweeteater said:

    This is more towards every post like this in general but: Suck it up, butter cup.

    You're a Killer. If you don't like a challenge, maybe survivor is more up your alley. I'm semi-new as well and I've always wanted the best, cockiest survivors. Killing them mercilessly just hits differently.

    I agree ppl who dont suck it up are clowns I saw a post like I'm a level 10 Freddie arnt Freddie's supposed to have a big lunge??

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260757#Comment_1260757

    It's not even about catering too high ranks, this also ruins those games because it's not fun too bully a new person. Makes the game too easy and feel like a waste of time. BHVR really needs too fix this issue.

    Ur just bad deal with it u need to stop all ur doing is just giving yourself a reason to camp and playing bad players dont get u gud at the game

  • @SweetTerror said:

    It's hard enough being a new player, but explain to me the reasoning behind this kind of a matchmaking setup. I consider myself okay as a level 15 killer using a level 10 Freddy, but the game must think I'm a pro since it decided to pit me against survivors that weren't even double digits and had max perks with ultra-rare add-ons.

    Almost every killer match is like this for me. No wonder a majority of players prefer to play as survivor.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/020/LATFWSYGNBL3.jpg

    these survivors are absolute garbage lmao that one ultra rare syringe prolly didnt help them as much as they thought it would, before syringes were nerfed they used to literally instaheal now theres a pause duration before they heal anyone. also they pretty much all ran self care yikea

  • @evil_one_74 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/819/WMH18Q5I23I4.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/958/D0D0LIWRQBE7.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/435/7IG5VFQGI1GZ.jpg

    I know what you mean. Don't get me wrong, I do have some relatively fair matches here and there, but the majority of mine are like this. It sucks..

    I see what's wrong. You're using NoEd 😔

  • @evil_one_74 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/819/WMH18Q5I23I4.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/958/D0D0LIWRQBE7.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/435/7IG5VFQGI1GZ.jpg

    I know what you mean. Don't get me wrong, I do have some relatively fair matches here and there, but the majority of mine are like this. It sucks..

    I see what's wrong. You're using NoEd 😔

  • I Just wanna mention that i am a Rank 1 Killer and sometimes the match flies by and when I look at the Ranks I see Rank 12

  • Honestly, I've read most of these comments and you guys are having the same problem as me. I haven't played in a while only because of the matchmaking. I was a rank 15 or a bit lower survivor, and I got put with red ranks. It's ridiculous.

  • Dude your gonna have to get used to matchmaking with red ranks or high ranks in general even as a yellow rank. Most of my matches as killer are with red ranks no matter how low or high my rank is.

  • I see whats wrong. That whats possessive. 😔

  • @SweetTerror said:

    It's hard enough being a new player, but explain to me the reasoning behind this kind of a matchmaking setup. I consider myself okay as a level 15 killer using a level 10 Freddy, but the game must think I'm a pro since it decided to pit me against survivors that weren't even double digits and had max perks with ultra-rare add-ons.

    Almost every killer match is like this for me. No wonder a majority of players prefer to play as survivor.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/020/LATFWSYGNBL3.jpg

    Great news, hopefully in the next update, BHVR will implement the MMR system they have been teasing us for the past months.

    In good faith, I believe this will make matches feel more fair for everyone! 😊

  • @wolfcaden said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261055#Comment_1261055

    Ur just bad deal with it u need to stop all ur doing is just giving yourself a reason to camp and playing bad players dont get u gud at the game

    Why even bother commenting with such pointless drabble?

  • @SweetTerror said:

    It's hard enough being a new player, but explain to me the reasoning behind this kind of a matchmaking setup. I consider myself okay as a level 15 killer using a level 10 Freddy, but the game must think I'm a pro since it decided to pit me against survivors that weren't even double digits and had max perks with ultra-rare add-ons.

    Almost every killer match is like this for me. No wonder a majority of players prefer to play as survivor.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/020/LATFWSYGNBL3.jpg

    a lot of people complain about the match making that seems to be a broken system, i maybe wrong but i was wondering (as you said you was an ok player) if the match making system is based off how well you are doing. i seem to get level 1 killers when im around level 7-4 and doing well but if im getting hooked killed or just a poor performance i tend to find the killers become lower rank for a short time, as seems to happen in other PVP games. as i said i maybe wrong its just a thought.

  • I haven't been playing for too long, and I've mostly played survivor. I recently tried playing killer so I can complete the killer challenges in the Tome. So, I'm a rank 18 killer, and in every match I'm up against at least one red rank survivor. I try to see these matches as learning experiences, but it does get pretty frustrating after a while. I've heard that this has been a problem since release... Really?

  • @SweetTerror said:

    It's hard enough being a new player, but explain to me the reasoning behind this kind of a matchmaking setup. I consider myself okay as a level 15 killer using a level 10 Freddy, but the game must think I'm a pro since it decided to pit me against survivors that weren't even double digits and had max perks with ultra-rare add-ons.

    Almost every killer match is like this for me. No wonder a majority of players prefer to play as survivor.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/020/LATFWSYGNBL3.jpg

    Its bad on all sides tbh. Problem is folks will forever cheat the system to get easy games, either by losing on purpose to de-rank or start a new account and fly through ranks, ect ect. The constant flux feeds matchmaking bogus data and it can't figure out who's what anymore.

  • @Dweeteater said:

    This is more towards every post like this in general but: Suck it up, butter cup.

    You're a Killer. If you don't like a challenge, maybe survivor is more up your alley. I'm semi-new as well and I've always wanted the best, cockiest survivors. Killing them mercilessly just hits differently.

    @wolfcaden said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260082#Comment_1260082

    I agree ppl who dont suck it up are clowns I saw a post like I'm a level 10 Freddie arnt Freddie's supposed to have a big lunge??

    Would you guys like it if Killers were toxic as hell and did everything Survivors hate like tunneling and face camping?

  • I understand... Well maybe not fully but I played a game 5 days ago and this happened... It seems that since 3.7.0, the ranking system has gone crazy..

    IMG_81deb92a-8486-498c-a417-bfd7ad2d36fe.png


  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258819#Comment_1258819

    Wow! Yeah I used to have some fairly balanced matches here and there, but within the past week all of my matches mirror the same exact ones you had. It's just not fun. No wonder the queue times are so long for survivor matches.

    Match making has been horrible in recent months, and I personally think that is due to so many players quitting the game ( most of them killers ) because of the changes that have been made ( like ruin, which was stupid ) So the game is just throwing ranks together just to make a match.

  • Lol. Yeah! I've been playing since the game came to console, so 3+ years now. ( i think ). I would be higher, but I only play a little during the week, mainly play on weekends.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150559/this-just-isnt-fun-anymore

    Great news, hopefully in the next update, BHVR will implement the MMR system they have been teasing us for the past months.

    In good faith, I believe this will make matches feel more fair for everyone! 😊

    🤞

  • @Megaguardain said:

    I honestly just wanna drop this game if this is the kind of matches I'm going to get. I had to camp and be toxic to get the first kill.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/169/J45HHBO3O3P1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/659/8E12EV60KRB3.jpg

    Even as a Survivor, I could tell the Killer was angry and frustrated. If the Devs don't want to get new people and only want to cater to the ones who play competitively and never leave the Purple/Red Ranks, then I don't want to keep playing.

    I love this game, even with all it's bugs and glitches, but I can't keep playing toxic just to make sure I get some kind of victory.

    I fear that if changes aren't made soon, this game will go under. They need to make changes that will urge people to play both roles more often. Changes that will make it fun again, and bring in more new players. Word of mouth is very strong. If people are telling people " hey, this game is bad ass you gotta get it " then it will live on.

  • @Revzi100 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150559/this-just-isnt-fun-anymore

    a lot of people complain about the match making that seems to be a broken system, i maybe wrong but i was wondering (as you said you was an ok player) if the match making system is based off how well you are doing. i seem to get level 1 killers when im around level 7-4 and doing well but if im getting hooked killed or just a poor performance i tend to find the killers become lower rank for a short time, as seems to happen in other PVP games. as i said i maybe wrong its just a thought.

    A matching system based on skill is what the devs have been teasing for awhile now. It hasn't been implemented yet, but hopefully we'll see a big improvement when it goes live.

  • @Lymantria_Luna said:

    I haven't been playing for too long, and I've mostly played survivor. I recently tried playing killer so I can complete the killer challenges in the Tome. So, I'm a rank 18 killer, and in every match I'm up against at least one red rank survivor. I try to see these matches as learning experiences, but it does get pretty frustrating after a while. I've heard that this has been a problem since release... Really?

    These experiences are what make the "git gud" comments so deflating. In order to get better at any game, you need a fair and balanced experience. And that can't happen when you're being paired up against survivors that have clearly been playing this game for years. It's like throwing someone into a pool that's never been swimming before and expecting them to compete alongside Olympic athletes.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261794#Comment_1261794

    These experiences are what make the "git gud" comments so deflating. In order to get better at any game, you need a fair and balanced experience. And that can't happen when you're being paired up against survivors that have clearly been playing this game for years. It's like throwing someone into a pool that's never been swimming before and expecting them to compete alongside Olympic athletes.

    ^^^THIS

  • i like crossplay with pc don't care what other say i play on ps4 and pc still way i can play with my friend on either side,maybe the matchmaking be a little better.funny on pc killer lobby take forever survivor lobby take sec on ps4 survivor lobby take forever killer take sec let that sink in.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261794#Comment_1261794

    These experiences are what make the "git gud" comments so deflating. In order to get better at any game, you need a fair and balanced experience. And that can't happen when you're being paired up against survivors that have clearly been playing this game for years. It's like throwing someone into a pool that's never been swimming before and expecting them to compete alongside Olympic athletes.

    Exactly. I imagine a lot of new killers quit out of frustration, which is why it takes several minutes to find a match as survivor, but getting my killers into a match is instant.

    I've had some fun matches as killer. Even at rank 18, I like going up against green ranks. They put up a good fight, but it isn't impossible to keep up with them. Reds, however, will just run circles around me.

    Also, I could be wrong, but the matching really doesn't seem as unbalanced when I play survivor. I'm rank 7 now, and I'll occasionally end up with a rank 18 or rank 1 killer, but it doesn't seem to happen as often as when I play killer.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261794#Comment_1261794

    These experiences are what make the "git gud" comments so deflating. In order to get better at any game, you need a fair and balanced experience. And that can't happen when you're being paired up against survivors that have clearly been playing this game for years. It's like throwing someone into a pool that's never been swimming before and expecting them to compete alongside Olympic athletes.

    Sure, i get it. It would be sweet to be allowed a honeymoon phase and learn the finer details at a snails pace but with a 3 year old, asymmetrical yada yada everyone knows the meta by now just by watching youtube. So thats not possible anymore.

    Just take it as a rite of passage, an initiation/hazing into the brotherhood. Or if youre a realist, a true representation of what's to come since good survivors on a team will always hand your ass to you unless youre sweating hard or using an A tier killer.

  • Better question: why do you always censor the names in this forum?

  • @Dweeteater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262051#Comment_1262051

    Sure, i get it. It would be sweet to be allowed a honeymoon phase and learn the finer details at a snails pace but with a 3 year old, asymmetrical yada yada everyone knows the meta by now just by watching youtube. So thats not possible anymore.

    Just take it as a rite of passage, an initiation/hazing into the brotherhood. Or if youre a realist, a true representation of what's to come since good survivors on a team will always hand your ass to you unless youre sweating hard or using an A tier killer.

    But the flaw with that logic is that games like Dead by Daylight live and die by their player base. Live services like this need new players in order to keep turning a profit, and "initiation through hazing" is the wrong way to go about that.

  • @PlutoniumYT said:

    Better question: why do you always censor the names in this forum?

    aganst rulz

  • I know how you feel man. It took me a while to get used to it hut you literlaly just have to get good

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/127318/the-wins-only-come-up-if-im-willing-to-give-up-having-fun#latest

  • @YuiKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262020#Comment_1262020

    Damn, then idk why complaining about matchmaking then if you're that devotion and played 3 years, but yeah for unexperienced/new players this matchmaking is terrible.

    I would like to help the rank 20 survivors but sadly im not playing cause of the forced AA

    AA sucks too. You go to hit the survivor doing the save, and hit the one on the hook instead, or you go for the grab and end up swinging. Either way, Now you only have one injured when it should be two. I have always played nice and fair as killer, not really caring about kills, but more on fun and BP. I know my skill as survivor, so Here recently, I have been playing killer more seriously, to test my skills there. That's hard to do with the current match making, which is why it's frustrating..

1 2 ›