A discussion on Chapter 16 and why I believe it might be licensed.

Hi lovely forum members, since we should be seeing teasers coming for the new chapter within a week or two I decided to start up a discussion about it in anticipation. So, before I ramble on, please watch this recent vid by Paulie Esther.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrMXUdpV8xw

So, like Paulie said, if Scott's to be believed and what Paulie speculates, it truly sounds like a licensed chapter that's on it's way for Chap. 16. Too make matters even more interesting, Scott specifically said "IT" which, to me, it's beginning to sound like it could possibly be another beast/monster/creature type of killer we could get. I'd love for this to be my fabled dream Resident Evil chapter with Jill and Nemesis but I'd love any new type of monster killer but what do you all think? Really looking forward to what your theories could entail.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It's Christine. I can't wait to drive around the maps trying to run survivors over.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    It's Christine. I can't wait to drive around the maps trying to run survivors over.

    I would unironically love this so much!

  • The Oni is probably the size of a smart car 😂

  • Was there ever any talk about The Creeper as a killer and Darry as survivor?

  • @cenoflame said:

    Was there ever any talk about The Creeper as a killer and Darry as survivor?

    We talking from Jeepers Creepers (or whatever the movie is called)?

    BHVR has given a hard NO on that one due to the director being an absolutely wretched human being.

  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260966#Comment_1260966

    We talking from Jeepers Creepers (or whatever the movie is called)?

    BHVR has given a hard NO on that one due to the director being an absolutely wretched human being.

    Yup, if that license ever got into DBD, I'll be honest, I'd probably drop this game. I would NOT support a game that supports a monster like him.

  • I bet new killer is licensed.

  • If the chapter is licensed then I’m assuming it’s gotta be Candyman.

    It will be a hot second before they can ever try to get the rights to Jason Voorhees. It’s not even worth it right now with the lawsuit going on.

    I REALLY want the Xenomorph though.

    I also won’t be surprised if the Terminator is eventually put in as a killer. Don’t they have the rights to the Terminator because of Deathgarden?

  • @MegMain98 said:

    If the chapter is licensed then I’m assuming it’s gotta be Candyman.

    It will be a hot second before they can ever try to get the rights to Jason Voorhees. It’s not even worth it right now with the lawsuit going on.

    I REALLY want the Xenomorph though.

    I also won’t be surprised if the Terminator is eventually put in as a killer. Don’t they have the rights to the Terminator because of Deathgarden?

    Welp, because you can only but these new characters for auric cells only it's basically 99.9% confirmed to be a licensed chapter. I honestly LOVE the fact we have zero idea WHO or WHAT it could be come chapter 16. I do agree about Jason though, sadly. :(

    Like I always say, I do want another monster killer so IF it is a Alien chapter, she'll be my new main! >:) Also, for Terminator, you'd think they would but, if they don't, they've worked with FOX before so it's definitely a maybe!

  • It is licensed

  • Data miners have proven that it is licensed. There is no purchase amount labeled in Iridescent Shards.

  • I DO NOT want any more licenced chapters. I feel the Devs have more freedom with original to create a product they really care about. I would be the top supporter of a permanent removal of all future licensed chapters

  • eh why the heck did mine and @JawsIsTheNextKiller post get deleted? yet it's still there from @Cornpopers_Evan comment? o.O

  • So is everyone going to forget the fact that the shining 40th anniversary is literally 3 days before when the PTB is supposed to release? I don't think this is a coincidence.

  • You guys are making me hyped af about this chapter :D

  • I would really like Candyman, just because I want to see how the Devs will implement a power based on bees. I don’t know anything about that killer otherwise.


    I hope they will continue with both licensed and original content, I think they really had good and diversive ideas with the powers on both sides without it feeling restricted.

  • @Mooks said:

    I would really like Candyman, just because I want to see how the Devs will implement a power based on bees. I don’t know anything about that killer otherwise.

    I hope they will continue with both licensed and original content, I think they really had good and diversive ideas with the powers on both sides without it feeling restricted.

    b8699f80a6be1e6f98a5b00cb7371d63e0834a162219f06596f9c4de2b52be98.jpg

    Bees didnt work out so well for Nicolas Cage tho.....

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1255801#Comment_1255801

    And people always complain about Chucky being too small to hook survivors and stuff.

    There are ways around that. I've suggested plenty of times to have the ghost of Charles Lee Ray appear around the doll and mimic the actions so that they can use the standard killer model for pick up interactions. It would basically be like he "grows" when picking up a survivor but in a very cool way.

    In fact I have a whole design written down for how Chucky would work, power and perks and add-ons and all. I'd post it but I'm sure people would just shoot it down like they do everything on these forums.

    Can't have anything nice. 😒

    I would love a Child's Play chapter. It would be so cool. And I'd love to see them incorporate his size into the game somehow. Hey if you want to send me your ideas then I'll definitely read it. I'm always up for some ideas of new licensed characters

  • @Mushwin said:

    eh why the heck did mine and @JawsIsTheNextKiller post get deleted? yet it's still there from @Cornpopers_Evan comment? o.O

    Just forum things! :/

  • @Nubgutter said:

    So is everyone going to forget the fact that the shining 40th anniversary is literally 3 days before when the PTB is supposed to release? I don't think this is a coincidence.

    I didn't even know that! :O I do have my preferred chapters but a Shining chapter would still be cool.

  • @luka2211 said:

    You guys are making me hyped af about this chapter :D

    Get and stay HYPED! :D

  • Yet again, ANOTHER update!

    A new article from bloody disgusting today shines even more light on this situation. MCote has said "This last chapter is a very emotional milestone for us and we cannot wait to share it with you". Now, to me, this is sounding like a HUGE chapter on the scale of Stranger Things. I'm personally super excited to see this all leads up to. You can read the full article below!

    In celebration of four years of their hit asymmetrical horror game, Dead By Daylight, Behaviour Interactive has a little something for fans. That "somethin


  • I suppose only the developers can answer but does anyone have any insight on why this game has everything such a secret until the 11th Hour? I know things can change but the next DLC is set in stone at this point. So it isn't like tomorrow something could happen and they're going to switch everything at the last minute. I just don't understand why this is the way they handled the game, because there are other games where they provide a detailed road map and even the contents specifics but here we don't even know anything until just a few weeks before.

  • Just gonna drop this here as what I believe is coming:

    image.png


  • @Nicholas said:

    I suppose only the developers can answer but does anyone have any insight on why this game has everything such a secret until the 11th Hour? I know things can change but the next DLC is set in stone at this point. So it isn't like tomorrow something could happen and they're going to switch everything at the last minute. I just don't understand why this is the way they handled the game, because there are other games where they provide a detailed road map and even the contents specifics but here we don't even know anything until just a few weeks before.

    A big thing about DBD is the "surprise" factor. So basically, they want to keep everything as much as a surprise as possible. Other then that, I'm sorry, I can't really tell you. :(

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    Just gonna drop this here as what I believe is coming:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/339/OSRYACWD78AB.png

    I believe and HOPE!

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1264386#Comment_1264386

    A big thing about DBD is the "surprise" factor. So basically, they want to keep everything as much as a surprise as possible. Other then that, I'm sorry, I can't really tell you. :(

    I get that, but for me I'm still surprised whether I find out about the next killer on May 1st or June 1st. The surprise element doesn't change based on when I learn about the new information. I just mean in general I never understood why some developers want to keep everything super secret until days before release.

1 2 ›