I see the problem with teabagging devs refered to in the survey

It does affect gameplay but not in the way you think. Do you like playing against Doctors all the time? Maybe Freddies? Or the bright example would be the Spirit because not so long ago she was really popular. So popular that even me, a person who loves playing against her, got a little bit tired of her. Oh, maybe I can bring a Mori! Or two! What? You don't like that? Fine, I'll take my best add-ons so you have no chance winning! Why would I do that, you may ask.

The frustration. It may be addicting and forces us to play the game more because that's how our brain works but it has a downside for the game. Why people don't play as the Legion often? Overall it's a fun killer that can bring joy. Having fun means much more than killing people, right? ...Right?

Not really. As a weak killer I might be unsatisfied because I can't do much to win without survivors messing up severely. But if they are fun why would I sacrifice the gameplay experience for both me and survivors who like different killers throught out a day? The answer is simple, I don't want to see survivors teabagging and openly disrespecting me for no reason. It brings up a whole new level of dissatisfaction and annoyance that simply won't let me play for fun CONSTANTLY. I can be in a great mood and experiment as a killer with perks, powers, add-ons but ones I get stomped and teabagged my mood just goes down. I no longer want to go easy on people. I take the strongest stuff I can and punish solo survivors who have done nothing wrong. They get upset because now THEY can't have fun.

"Stop tryharding". Well, that's a straight result of teabagging. Sure, strong stuff may be pulled for no reason but why the hell would I waste expensive load-outs on a solo team with no items? It would be a really rare thing.

As for the killers, the majority of my killer characters just covers in dust. I don't play them not because I don't want to learn but because I want to be in a good mood. I may take the Pig or the Legion but usually it doesn't take long for me to become frustrated even if I get a tie. Hey, you don't see much Nurses, right? She is totally not weak, she can pull a trick even in average players' hands and become godlike in expert ones. But you and I have to learn! So you and I might blow for quite a long period of time. And if survivors see that, that just becomes a whole circus where they try to annoy us as far as they can. That's NOT healthy for me. It's not healthy for you.

So, here's why devs asked you. That's how it can be a serious issue for the gameplay. Your thoughts?

Comments

  • @Huff said:

    Literally none of this, especially the stuff about "simulated sexual assault," has anything to do with how fair the game is.

    Now this I can agree with.

    I'm still not going to stop calling it what it is. If people have a problem with that. They can stop doing it... or ignore me. I couldn't care less.

    You're right, though... "excessive crouching" has no game play effect.

  • @YaiPa said:

    oh boy, seems like people are gettin mad, well:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234456#Comment_1234456

    yeah, pwyf that's op. also, they literally asked people if camping and tunneling are unfair, where's the bias? they even transcripts their meaning so that everyone, even less experienced people could give their feedback.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234460#Comment_1234460

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234444#Comment_1234444

    to you, ok. people may have different sensibilities and maturity, but it has nothing to do with game balance or unfairness. that was the point, you feel mad about teabag, fine, but don't say that it's unfair, it just doesn't make sense.

    Gosh, teabagging during the match has nothing to do with unfairness but it may be unfair if I see average solo survivors and decide to bring up a pink mori after being stomped and teabagged. If I were calm, I wouldn't do that. Does it make sense now? I was writing it in my post but someone failed to read.

  • @Alphaphalt said:

    How privileged a state must you be in that someone "repeatedly crouching", as the devs put it, in a video game is enough to upset you.

    It's great when people ignore the meaning of something when it is convenient for them. This is like someone saying particularly nasty to someone and you say "they are just words on a screen."

    T-bagging is like saying "F you, I have no respect for you or how much fun you are having. I think you are trash and will repeatedly rub in in your face while my buddies and I laugh on mics"

  • I 't-bag' when i see another survivor for the first time. 99% if the time they reciprocate. Are all those people insulted or trying to insult? Serioysly doubt it. They are saying hello.

    I 't-bag' when i get healed. The healer reciprocates. Are they insulted or trying to insult? No i am saying thank you, and they are saying your welcome.

    When a killer lets me go and i slowly crouch up and down twice am i insulting them? No Im saying thank you.

    Nowhere in any of these situations am i simulating a sexual act. Im using the limited forms of communication at our disposal.

    Context matters my friend.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    My thoughts are that asking the question ONLY about survivors, and leaving out every action a killer does to illicit the same effect, shows bias. I am not into that - at all.

    You really jumped the gun there. Just because OP didn't mention other methods of disrespect does not mean OP is unaware or indifferent to them.


    Read the title. It's about t bagging specifically.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    I 't-bag' when i see another survivor for the first time. 99% if the time they reciprocate. Are all those people insulted or trying to insult? Serioysly doubt it. They are saying hello.

    I 't-bag' when i get healed. The healer reciprocates. Are they insulted or trying to insult? No i am saying thank you, and they are saying your welcome.

    When a killer lets me go and i slowly crouch up and down twice am i insulting them? No Im saying thank you.

    Nowhere in any of these situations am i simulating a sexual act. Im using the limited forms of communication at our disposal.

    Context matters my friend.

    I don't think anyone here has a problem with what you are referring to. People are talking about using it antagonistically, such as at pallets and the exit gates. The latter being particularly bothersome because the Killer cannot do anything about it.

  • They didn't ask if it was an issue, they asked if it made the game unfair. It was a stupid, and meaningless question when asked that way.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1236333#Comment_1236333

    I don't think anyone here has a problem with what you are referring to. People are talking about using it antagonistically, such as at pallets and the exit gates. The latter being particularly bothersome because the Killer cannot do anything about it.

    Antagonistic yes. Not arguing that. Like i said context matters. My point i guess i didnt make clear is that quick crouching, while commonly referred to as t-bagging isn't simulated sexual assault. Theres at least 5 different uses for it throughout the course of the game. None of which make the game any more or less fair.

    Dancing survivors in the exit gates are annoying. Personally if they are in the position to do that then i lost big time and just run the map looking for pallets to break. I get points, they waste their time and have no satisfaction of bragging.

    I will say that even as ghostface or pig (who is anatomically incapable of tbagging) I've never gotton the thought of 'let me shove my nonexistant digital genitalia into the mouth of the survivor who is facing down because I'm an immature butt muncher.'

    And now that i think of it, half the cast of survivors are anatomically incapable of performing that particular sexual assault.

  • @Alphaphalt said:

    How privileged a state must you be in that someone "repeatedly crouching", as the devs put it, in a video game is enough to upset you.

    Some people are just easily triggered about everything. Those people should not play online games imo.

  • Did this really turn into a physical/sexual assault comparison? You guys do know this is a video game right?

  • @GraveHunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1235004#Comment_1235004

    Some people are just easily triggered about everything. Those people should not play online games imo.

    I don't get why people write "triggered" once they see topics like that. I'm triggered??? Uh...??

    Is it wrong to taunt people online? Yes, you can't argue with that if you're a decent human being. Is it okay to calmly discuss it? "OMG A SNOWFLAKE YOU'RE SO SENSITIVE CARE LESS LMAO". Like, ######### is this reaction. This is a type of thing that bullies write when they read something that calls them out.

    Anyways, you're not thick skinned and cool, you're just insensible. 🙄

  • Teabagging is a rude gesture.

    Doesnt matter if you only know the original meaning or not.

  • @emptyCups said:

    Tbag is a universal sign in gaming as disrespectful just like flipping people off in public it doesn't hurt anybody but it does make them really upset.

    And just like in sports you can get disqualified for flipping people off i agree that being disrespectful in a competition should be penalized or since its digital be disabled.

    I've seen alot of posts or videos mentioning how tbagging or antagonistic behavior negatively effects the game...

    I think I've only seen a single post about how the killer nodding or hitting you on hook affected someone... and in that post they laughed about it because it cost the killer the game.

    I would say its solely survivors toxic behavior in this game that's the issue because to be honest if you have time to but dance around as a team to disrespect another player then the killer should be buffed because the role is obviously to weak if everyone on the other team has so much time to screw around.

    completely ignores the fact that tunneling/camping is done more often to disrespect a certain survivor than it is to actually try to win a match.

    Very closed minded of you to actually believe only survivors can be toxic or that teabagging is not at a risk to a survivors chance of winning. I've won multiple chases due to survivors spending too much time trying to upset me when they could have created a larger gap between my blade and their body.

    Cmon now...


  • @Unicorn said:

    Did this really turn into a physical/sexual assault comparison? You guys do know this is a video game right?

    I was really "uuuhh???..." at first but then I was like "oh, I can see it but most people don't realize it, they just wanna be rude in some way, so whatever". But, like, if you think why it feels unpleasant to see your character being teabagged by another player... I mean, REALLY think.... The answer comes naturally if you go beyond "it's a videogame" wall. I know comparing life with videogame isn't a good idea but we talk about psychology here in some way. And in videogames you kinda connect with your character, mentally character = you, so when "you" come to this position your brain just goes "bruh" because it subconsciously compares stuff with real life and now your mood is worse for some reason. Again, you don't think about it, it goes deeper in your brain.

    Idk I might be going crazy with this forum.

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237051#Comment_1237051

    I was really "uuuhh???..." at first but then I was like "oh, I can see it but most people don't realize it, they just wanna be rude in some way, so whatever". But, like, if you think why it feels unpleasant to see your character being teabagged by another player... I mean, REALLY think.... The answer comes naturally if you go beyond "it's a videogame" wall. I know comparing life with videogame isn't a good idea but we talk about psychology here in some way. And in videogames you kinda connect with your character, mentally character = you, so when "you" come to this position your brain just goes "bruh" because it subconsciously compares stuff with real life and now your mood is worse for some reason. Again, you don't think about it, it goes deeper in your brain.

    Idk I might be going crazy with this forum.

    That was a very difficult synopsis to wrap my head around, maybe because you jumped around too much and didn't really address what I was talking about. Either way, this a video game, if you have issues differentiating between the two I would recommend seeking help (not saying this in an offensive or a sarcastic way.)


    It shouldn't get to you that bad.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237418#Comment_1237418

    That was a very difficult synopsis to wrap my head around, maybe because you jumped around too much and didn't really address what I was talking about. Either way, this a video game, if you have issues differentiating between the two I would recommend seeking help (not saying this in an offensive or a sarcastic way.)

    It shouldn't get to you that bad.

    It's S.U.B.C.O.N.S.C.I.O.U.S. I have no issues with differentiating videogames and real life ffs . But why else would teabagging be causing this much reaction? Name me a situation where, idk, jumping on the same spot would be worldwide considered offensive, or repeatedly aiming with a gun. Like, in shooter games people may teabag over your dead body. So why would it cause us to think "oof, it's inappropriate". I repeat, it happens S.U.B.C.O.N.S.C.I.O.U.S.L.Y. You hear me? It's not the same as "VIDEOGAMES AND REAL LIFE ARE THE SAMEEE HOW DARE YOU I CALL THE POLICE!!" You understand? You know how our brain works, right?

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237438#Comment_1237438

    It's S.U.B.C.O.N.S.C.I.O.U.S. I have no issues with differentiating videogames and real life ffs . But why else would teabagging be causing this much reaction? Name me a situation where, idk, jumping on the same spot would be worldwide considered offensive, or repeatedly aiming with a gun. Like, in shooter games people may teabag over your dead body. So why would it cause us to think "oof, it's inappropriate". I repeat, it happens S.U.B.C.O.N.S.C.I.O.U.S.L.Y. You hear me? It's not the same as "VIDEOGAMES AND REAL LIFE ARE THE SAMEEE HOW DARE YOU I CALL THE POLICE!!" You understand? You know how our brain works, right?

    Okay,

    1) You need to not get so worked up. Typing letter by letter in caps isn't necessary. I'm not blind and I'm not remedial, thank you.

    2) I know how MY brain works, not how everyone elses does, I'm not psychologist. Which is why I recommended seeking help because I can't seem to understand why anyone would get this worked up to the point of comparing someone being assaulted in REAL LIFE to viewing a fictional character on a video game repeatedly tapping L1 to crouch.

  • Run it's a sexual assault!

    Untitled Image


    people shouldn't be throwing such words about anyway, if you think teabagging is a sexual assault, well there are no words as it's so laughable.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237456#Comment_1237456

    Okay,

    1) You need to not get so worked up. Typing letter by letter in caps isn't necessary. I'm not blind and I'm not remedial, thank you.

    2) I know how MY brain works, not how everyone elses does, I'm not psychologist. Which is why I recommended seeking help because I can't seem to understand why anyone would get this worked up to the point of comparing someone being assaulted in REAL LIFE to viewing a fictional character on a video game repeatedly tapping L1 to crouch.

    I don't know why would anyone think of that too but apparently it makes sense.

    I asked you questions and you don't answer them. The dialog can't be productive if you're gonna ignore the major part of my messages. But I guess you're not into psychology so okay whatever???

    People can't read anyways so they'll just jump in here and scream "this person thinks that r*pe and teabagging are the same, asylum, NOW".

  • it sounds like teatime

    tenor.gif


  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237471#Comment_1237471

    I don't know why would anyone think of that too but apparently it makes sense.

    I asked you questions and you don't answer them. The dialog can't be productive if you're gonna ignore the major part of my messages. But I guess you're not into psychology so okay whatever???

    Why does she need to be into psychology to reply? seems like you are answering your own questions dude - also chill a little.

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237471#Comment_1237471

    I don't know why would anyone think of that too but apparently it makes sense.

    I asked you questions and you don't answer them. The dialog can't be productive if you're gonna ignore the major part of my messages. But I guess you're not into psychology so okay whatever???

    You're asking me rhetorical questions...

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237494#Comment_1237494

    Why does she need to be into psychology to reply? seems like you are answering your own questions dude - also chill a little.

    Sorry, I'm just exited because how much sense it makes. Not the whole "teabagging = r*pe" but the logical answer why it would be a universal sign of disrespect.

  • But, like, your answer doesn't even contain signs that you thought about them... You just wooshed my comment and just repeated what you had said earlier.

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237499#Comment_1237499

    Sorry, I'm just exited because how much sense it makes. Not the whole "teabagging = r*pe" but the logical answer why it would be a universal sign of disrespect.

    some of us will see tebagging as disrespect, some wont, the point of this is, we all share different opinions and everyone has them, can't change peoples minds

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I had a t bagger yesterday in a game, every loop they’d do it like pallets, windows etc. They even resorted to the torch click everywhere around the map to get me to chase. In return when I caught up with them I literally face camped them till they died.

    End result of the game - 4K and a black pip. Toxic survivors get the same treatment in return from me.

    Yeah, maybe we should disable torch clicking as well. That's really rude and insulting.

    While we're at it, disable the ability to hook survivors so killers can't camp/tunnel/smack on hook multiple times, because that's so rude...


    Maybe we should delete this whole game because people can get offended by even existing in this game.

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237502#Comment_1237502

    But, like, your answer doesn't even contain signs that you thought about them... You just wooshed my comment and just repeated what you had said earlier.

    I read your post, and after I got over the fact that you actually brought up sexual assault into a conversation about a few pixels bouncing up and down, I had a think.

    Here's the problem with your theory (as I see it, I dont speak for anyone else). Ok so if you look at it from what i think you are trying to say, stuff that happens in game can have a direct mental effect because of the physical implications of that action in real life. So why aren't the forums full of PTSD suffering survivors who just can't hack it because they get killed over and over again?

    Ok that was a silly comparison but i could word it better and make it sound genuine even though most of us know its not true. You can theorise as you will but the fact is, it just ain't true unless we have some reaaaaaaal delicate flowers playing killer.

    I've been gaming since before Teabagging is a thing. over 20 years. I've been T-bagged in every game you could possibly be teabagged in and not one single time have I thought "Oh no, I feel violated"

    Also for your comparison to work, they would actually have to be teabagging the killer....with your theory in place, survivors are actually assaulting the ground....

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237502#Comment_1237502

    But, like, your answer doesn't even contain signs that you thought about them... You just wooshed my comment and just repeated what you had said earlier.

    Do you know what rhetorical means?

    Eh, forget it. We'll agree to disagree I guess.

    image.gif


  • @Mat_Sella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234506#Comment_1234506

    completely ignores the fact that tunneling/camping is done more often to disrespect a certain survivor than it is to actually try to win a match.

    Very closed minded of you to actually believe only survivors can be toxic or that teabagging is not at a risk to a survivors chance of winning. I've won multiple chases due to survivors spending too much time trying to upset me when they could have created a larger gap between my blade and their body.

    Cmon now...

    I'm sorry what ? Camping and tunneling is disrespectful ? Get over yourself

  • Never cared about someone spamming crouch,but i defo see why it can irritate people at times. I mean people do it to gain mental advantage over the killer imo,gaining the upper hand by having the killer commit to a long chase if the survivor gets to the mind of the killer with it.

  • I mean teabagging can be annoying but thats about it

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237511#Comment_1237511

    I read your post, and after I got over the fact that you actually brought up sexual assault into a conversation about a few pixels bouncing up and down, I had a think.

    Here's the problem with your theory (as I see it, I dont speak for anyone else). Ok so if you look at it from what i think you are trying to say, stuff that happens in game can have a direct mental effect because of the physical implications of that action in real life. So why aren't the forums full of PTSD suffering survivors who just can't hack it because they get killed over and over again?

    Ok that was a silly comparison but i could word it better and make it sound genuine even though most of us know its not true. You can theorise as you will but the fact is, it just ain't true unless we have some reaaaaaaal delicate flowers playing killer.

    I've been gaming since before Teabagging is a thing. over 20 years. I've been T-bagged in every game you could possibly be teabagged in and not one single time have I thought "Oh no, I feel violated"

    Also for your comparison to work, they would actually have to be teabagging the killer....with your theory in place, survivors are actually assaulting the ground....

    Okay, I just tried to avoid speaking directly about it. Warning, it has nothing to do with the post itself, just some thoughts about teabagging in general.

    We all get used to some things but you can't say for sure that nobody gets upset after being teabagged. It got me thinking, why the hell do people get upset after being teabagged? I'm not talking about DBD when survivor dropped a pallet on a killer and started buttdancing, that's another story. I talk about situations when your character is on the ground, no matter what game it is, and your opponent just sits on your characters helpless body. Again, it's a theory and I may be going insane here, but it's a way of showing dominance by imitating some intimate stuff. STOP, WAIT, DON'T THROW WORDS AT ME, I'LL EXPLAIN. You see, we are animals, yeah, so we have traits that we carry from our wild ancestors. And dominance was one of the things people needed to show back in time. There's a theory going on that overall forced sexual experience, aka "r*pe", may have been a way of sustaining the leadership over other members. I hope you feel that if one person deegly-doogeloos another person it kinda radiates top energy and makes you look more powerful in the eyes of your animal "tribe" because you overpowered other members. (Stuff like that still happens! When a "strong" straight man all of a sudden r*pes his "mere" male victim for no obvious reason. And considering that I've said the reason becomes more clear.)

    But people evolve and build a society and the society changes us so much faster than the evolution does. We've learned that r*pe brings up a lot of issues within a victim, we learned that leadership is not about physical strength, which was important in the wildlife but not in our modern community, and we overall started treating each other the way we do now. We feel obligated to control ourselves in real life and don't do stuff that our animal part would demand. But, BAM, videogames, a place where you can be free (not really)! And here our subconscious ancestor crawls without being spotted. Online gaming, you kinda compare you "strength" within a group of people, your "tribe" rivals. You smack your opponent and, OMG, you teabag over their downed body. You don't feel like spinning, aiming, or any other things, you want to go UP and DOWN over his pixel butt cheeks. If you look at it from another perspective, you imitate some really nasty actions without realizing it.

    I mean, it's just a theory, I'm not talking about all game experiences, there are plenty of examples when teabagging is okay. But I hope you got that I was talking about this specific type of teabagging. DBD doesn't really has one... Or maybe does but in very limited occasions.

    You're allowed to slap me through my screen if you think that it's all a bunch of BS.

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237533#Comment_1237533

    Okay, I just tried to avoid speaking directly about it. Warning, it has nothing to do with the post itself, just some thoughts about teabagging in general.

    We all get used to some things but you can't say for sure that nobody gets upset after being teabagged. It got me thinking, why the hell do people get upset after being teabagged? I'm not talking about DBD when survivor dropped a pallet on a killer and started buttdancing, that's another story. I talk about situations when your character is on the ground, no matter what game it is, and your opponent just sits on your characters helpless body. Again, it's a theory and I may be going insane here, but it's a way of showing dominance by imitating some intimate stuff. STOP, WAIT, DON'T THROW WORDS AT ME, I'LL EXPLAIN. You see, we are animals, yeah, so we have traits that we carry from our wild ancestors. And dominance was one of the things people needed to show back in time. There's a theory going on that overall forced sexual experience, aka "r*pe", may have been a way of sustaining the leadership over other members. I hope you feel that if one person deegly-doogeloos another person it kinda radiates top energy and makes you look more powerful in the eyes of your animal "tribe" because you overpowered other members. (Stuff like that still happens! When a "strong" straight man all of a sudden r*pes his "mere" male victim for no obvious reason. And considering that I've said the reason becomes more clear.)

    But people evolve and build a society and the society changes us so much faster than the evolution does. We've learned that r*pe brings up a lot of issues within a victim, we learned that leadership is not about physical strength, which was important in the wildlife but not in our modern community, and we overall started treating each other the way we do now. We feel obligated to control ourselves in real life and don't do stuff that our animal part would demand. But, BAM, videogames, a place where you can be free (not really)! And here our subconscious ancestor crawls without being spotted. Online gaming, you kinda compare you "strength" within a group of people, your "tribe" rivals. You smack your opponent and, OMG, you teabag over their downed body. You don't feel like spinning, aiming, or any other things, you want to go UP and DOWN over his pixel butt cheeks. If you look at it from another perspective, you imitate some really nasty actions without realizing it.

    I mean, it's just a theory, I'm not talking about all game experiences, there are plenty of examples when teabagging is okay. But I hope you got that I was talking about this specific type of teabagging. DBD doesn't really has one... Or maybe does but in very limited occasions.

    You're allowed to slap me through my screen if you think that it's all a bunch of BS.

    I mean....it's a theory? I could sit here and pick this apart and it can also be argued very competently as you just demonstrated. However i feel bad about hijacking a thread when what i really should say. If anyone with half a brain can understand the mental effect the mere subject matter might affect a survivor of the real thing.....why on earth would anyone bring it up to use in an argument in a video game.

    I don't have trouble with the theory itself even if I don't agree, I just kinda find it icky that people are using such a subject to win at 'opinions' in a forum about a video game, and all because someone bounced up and down at you. Pretty disrespectful.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237817#Comment_1237817

    I mean....it's a theory? I could sit here and pick this apart and it can also be argued very competently as you just demonstrated. However i feel bad about hijacking a thread when what i really should say. If anyone with half a brain can understand the mental effect the mere subject matter might affect a survivor of the real thing.....why on earth would anyone bring it up to use in an argument in a video game.

    I don't have trouble with the theory itself even if I don't agree, I just kinda find it icky that people are using such a subject to win at 'opinions' in a forum about a video game, and all because someone bounced up and down at you. Pretty disrespectful.

    I mean, I wasn't the first one here who brought up this icky topic. The person who did it got flawed with negative feedback but I decided to give their reasoning a little bit room in my head and it got to this??? Sorry???

1 2 ›