The cosmetic contest should have more winners

Genuinely I think more winners should be chosen. There are too many great designs for only having 1 winner on each side.

If they're in the free part of the rift it would be nice if we had 3 winners from each side. Personally I think Plague, Legion and Feng have some excellent skin ideas and it would be a shame if only 2 winners are chosen.

Comments

  • Yui, Jane, Claudette & Plagues designs are


    image.gif


  • I think they should take a break from store cosmetics and implement some community cosmetics for a few weeks imo

  • @Mikey4Hire said:

    I think they should take a break from store cosmetics and implement some community cosmetics for a few weeks imo

    I think then the winners would be entitled to some of the money if their skins are bought. If the skins are in the free part of the rift then I don't think they're entitled to any money.

  • @Unicorn said:

    Yui, Jane, Claudette & Plagues designs are

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/617/PDJFWVX8X5YC.gif

    Very very true lol

  • 6 free skins would never happen. Unless you mean across multiple rifts.

    I think the problem is that any winners are going to be super cool skins that a lot of the community will want. That's a lot of work to do for free. It's no surprise that the majority of the free skins in the rift are recolored versions of already existing skins.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    6 free skins would never happen. Unless you mean across multiple rifts.

    I think the problem is that any winners are going to be super cool skins that a lot of the community will want. That's a lot of work to do for free. It's no surprise that the majority of the free skins in the rift are recolored versions of already existing skins.

    Yea I meant across multiple rifts lol I thought if we got 2 for each of the next 3 rifts then it would be pretty cool.

    After reaching the end of the free rift most people would feel encouraged to just buy the rift since they know they will unlock everything

  • i know what you mean, there are just SOO MANY absolutely gorgerous cosmetic ideas in there, i can even decide which one is my favourite!

  • since next rift will be on aniverssary it would me nice to feel up whole free trac with skins form comminity as a thanks for being so long with us

    edit: it would be nice to make it a tradition

  • @Mister_xD said:

    i know what you mean, there are just SOO MANY absolutely gorgerous cosmetic ideas in there, i can even decide which one is my favourite!

    Exactly lol I didn't want feng to win 2 years in a row but someone made a pyjama feng and now I really want it lol I just don't think there is a good enough reason to not have multiple winners.

    @Mistikus said:

    since next rift will be on aniverssary it would me nice to feel up whole free trac with skins form comminity as a thanks for being so long with us

    edit: it would be nice to make it a tradition

    I think they wouldn't have more than 1 survivor and 1 killer skin in the free rift lol maybe two if they were being generous lol

  • unrelated but can you imagine if they did a "suggest a feature" challenge every month?

    can you imagine how much further along this game would be to being reaaaally good?

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1233708#Comment_1233708

    Exactly lol I didn't want feng to win 2 years in a row but someone made a pyjama feng and now I really want it lol I just don't think there is a good enough reason to not have multiple winners.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1233710#Comment_1233710

    I think they wouldn't have more than 1 survivor and 1 killer skin in the free rift lol maybe two if they were being generous lol

    me too, but it would be nice if we have this special rift once in a year

  • Would be amazing but remember that it's still a lot of work to implement the skins ingame, you gotta test lighting, textures, physics, and legal stuff with the people that participated

  • It sucks that they only choose 1 for each side, cause the ones on forums I see are FABULOUS!!!!

  • It would be dope if they released a hole collection/dlc of community made cosmetics.

  • Where can I see all of the submitted designs?

  • Couldn't agree more, at LEAST 2 for each side, please.

  • I agree. Considering the great designs the community has, only one winner from each side is not enough. At least make it 2 or 3 each.

  • I agree,there are many designs that also deserved a prize,we all know why BHVR made this contest in the first place,free ideas from the artists who play this game.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Genuinely I think more winners should be chosen. There are too many great designs for only having 1 winner on each side.

    If they're in the free part of the rift it would be nice if we had 3 winners from each side. Personally I think Plague, Legion and Feng have some excellent skin ideas and it would be a shame if only 2 winners are chosen.

    I cant agree more. For me personally, at least 50% of the created designs are worth a price. Fantastic work by the community i must say :=)

  • Sidenote: Recently a few friends and i checked most of them and it is almost impossible to even pick the top 10. Way to much great quality.

  • @Mistikus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1233730#Comment_1233730

    me too, but it would be nice if we have this special rift once in a year

    It would be nice but it would be too much for them to make.

    @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Would be amazing but remember that it's still a lot of work to implement the skins ingame, you gotta test lighting, textures, physics, and legal stuff with the people that participated

    I think as long as the person agrees their skin can be used in the game and they get auric cells it should be fine. If the skins were being bought then I'd agree there would be more legal problems but they aren't.

    @Champagne said:

    It sucks that they only choose 1 for each side, cause the ones on forums I see are FABULOUS!!!!

    Again way too true. It's more annoying since the people can't reupload their designs the following year. I'm not saying any cosmetics from last years contest were better than this years but we'll never know. Maybe if some from last year were uploaded this year they could have won.

    @Fog_King said:

    I agree. Considering the great designs the community has, only one winner from each side is not enough. At least make it 2 or 3 each.

    No it isn't. Especially when some killers/survivors don't have many cosmetics it's a shame that they might not get a great one made in the contest.

    @Dzeikor said:

    I agree,there are many designs that also deserved a prize,we all know why BHVR made this contest in the first place,free ideas from the artists who play this game.

    I don't mind why they did it I'm just happy they did. It gives them the excuse to add skins to the game that otherwise wouldn't really fit the character they made for.

    @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/146480/the-cosmetic-contest-should-have-more-winners

    I cant agree more. For me personally, at least 50% of the created designs are worth a price. Fantastic work by the community i must say :=)

    Excellent work by the community. In a community known for toxicity it's nice to see us all band together to credit each other for our great work. I also found it hard to narrow down a set I wanted added. I loved last years winners yet I was so upset that a pirate nea skin didn't win last year. Huge shootout to @CrisKey who's skin from last year I loved

  • @AvisDeene said:

    Where can I see all of the submitted designs?

    Go to categories then scroll down and you'll see it.

    @Doc said:

    It would be dope if they released a hole collection/dlc of community made cosmetics.

    Like a rift made purely of cosmetics from the contest would be class lol

    @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    Couldn't agree more, at LEAST 2 for each side, please.

    Definitely at least 2. I'd say 3 each would be fair.

  • I think the same. We have way too many pretty and awesome ideas out there.

    And I am really scared that those awesome Ideas that I saw, doesn't get the chance. I don't want skins like the clown one. It completely misses imo DbD and ruins the game for me.

    For example, I really love this two skins:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/142292/jake-park-woodpecker-skinconcept-2020#latest

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/141976/legion-frank-never-stop-slashing-amacky#latest

  • But the more that get added the more upset people will be when their favorite didn't get picked.

  • Was there winners chosen for a new contest recently? Links?

  • I really loved a Basilisk Queen Plague I saw on reddit. It was genuinely cool

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    I think the same. We have way too many pretty and awesome ideas out there.

    And I am really scared that those awesome Ideas that I saw, doesn't get the chance. I don't want skins like the clown one. It completely misses imo DbD and ruins the game for me.

    For example, I really love this two skins:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/142292/jake-park-woodpecker-skinconcept-2020#latest

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/141976/legion-frank-never-stop-slashing-amacky#latest

    They were very good choices. I liked the Clown one alot. I always smile when I see a Mr Puddles in a game. As long as they don't have an emote contest or something I'm happy lol

    @ProfoundEnding said:

    But the more that get added the more upset people will be when their favorite didn't get picked.

    This is dbd everyone gets upset by everything lol this wouldn't be dbd without people being upset.

    @joker7997 said:

    Was there winners chosen for a new contest recently? Links?

    Not yet. I believe it's at the beginning of May that the contest ends then a few weeks later they announce the winners.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234037#Comment_1234037

    They were very good choices. I liked the Clown one alot. I always smile when I see a Mr Puddles in a game. As long as they don't have an emote contest or something I'm happy lol

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234049#Comment_1234049

    This is dbd everyone gets upset by everything lol this wouldn't be dbd without people being upset.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234050#Comment_1234050

    Not yet. I believe it's at the beginning of May that the contest ends then a few weeks later they announce the winners.

    Good that you like it but I simply hate it, because it has nothing to do with DbD. Nor with the lore or anything. It just ruins the atmosphere for me. I know that DbD is not that kind of horror game, but I think something is wrong if a skin just makes you laugh. Maybe my opinion would be different, if the skin was more horror themed.

    But at the end, these are just opinions and not facts. Good thing is that you like it, bad thing is that I hate it. But I need to admit, if we get more skins like these I would considere quitting Dead by Daylight. Its DbD not Fortnite- somewhere should be a line for skins imo.

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234059#Comment_1234059

    Good that you like it but I simply hate it, because it has nothing to do with DbD. Nor with the lore or anything. It just ruins the atmosphere for me. I know that DbD is not that kind of horror game, but I think something is wrong if a skin just makes you laugh. Maybe my opinion would be different, if the skin was more horror themed.

    But at the end, these are just opinions and not facts. Good thing is that you like it, bad thing is that I hate it. But I need to admit, if we get more skins like these I would considere quitting Dead by Daylight. Its DbD not Fortnite- somewhere should be a line for skins imo.

    It makes sense for Clown, it doesn't break the lore at all. What I don't like/want is things like elf Dwight.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234079#Comment_1234079

    It makes sense for Clown, it doesn't break the lore at all. What I don't like/want is things like elf Dwight.

    He's working at one of those pop up mall Santa things he's even got a name tag

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234059#Comment_1234059

    Good that you like it but I simply hate it, because it has nothing to do with DbD. Nor with the lore or anything. It just ruins the atmosphere for me. I know that DbD is not that kind of horror game, but I think something is wrong if a skin just makes you laugh. Maybe my opinion would be different, if the skin was more horror themed.

    But at the end, these are just opinions and not facts. Good thing is that you like it, bad thing is that I hate it. But I need to admit, if we get more skins like these I would considere quitting Dead by Daylight. Its DbD not Fortnite- somewhere should be a line for skins imo.

    I get that and thats why I would hate seeing emotes added to the game. Cosmetics I don't mind since memeing is a lot of fun in this game and I feel cosmetics like that are a bit of a meme.

  • @joker7997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234124#Comment_1234124

    He's working at one of those pop up mall Santa things he's even got a name tag

    I know but thats never mentioned in his lore at all.

  • Just saying this contest needs more winners. I don't care how long it takes just as long as I eventually see them.