What Perks do you use that helps you win but isn't a part of the meta?

Hey, it's me again. And no, I'm not going to make a thread about how Killer is Easy this time around ^^; (I still think it's relatively easier than how it should be but that doesn't matter now.)

Decisive Strike, Object of Obsession, Sprint Burst, Dead Hard.

No One Escapes Death, Pop Goes the Weasel, BBQ & Chili, Sloppy Butcher.

These 8 are just a few of the perks that are currently in the game's meta, and each of them helps us win the game in some way or another. Whether it being to make the killer miss a swing and chase for another loop with Dead Hard, bait them with Sprint Burst, bait them with Object of Obsession, surprise Survivors with NOED, break generators with PGTW, find them hiding with BBQ, and so on.

All of these perks are powerful, and no doubt are a must for any build is tailored to making your victory that much more easier to obtain. But what if these perks are locked away from you? And you have to choose from the various other perks that doesn't quite make the cut?

What perks do you use that helps you win, but isn't a part of the meta?

I'll start, it's probably one that some of you might not expect me to run:

Untitled Image

Distressing

Your horrifying emanation strikes at a supernaturally long distance.

Your Terror Radius is increased by 22/24/26 %.

Gain 100 % more Bloodpoints 

 for actions in the Deviousness Category.

The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded during the Trial.

"Bask in their fear."

Yeah that's right, Distressing.

Here is the thing, three of the killers I usually play are The Oni, The Doctor and The Spirit. The Doctor, for obvious reasons, can get a lot of mileage from Distressing. His Static Blast and huge Terror Radius would allow him to find out where exactly Survivors are hiding (if they are not hiding in lockers).

But The Oni and The Spirit requires a bit more explanation.

Whenever I play Oni, I always run Infectious Fright. It's just too good of a perk not to use with him. It helps notify me of Survivors that are inside my Terror Radius while I am in Wrath Mode. Which in turn, allows me to hunt them down and Oni-smash them with Demon Strike. Since Oni's power is depleted everytime he picks up a Survivor, having something like Infectious Fright is really useful. Which is why I run it alongside Distressing which would give me a ton of information on where Survivors are at near me.

As for The Spirit. Well, you know how Survivors often run away once they hear her vacuum cleaner coming nearby? Yeah well, they can't hear that if they are inside your Terror Radius. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten gen grabs with this tactic. Even when they know that I am playing Spirit. I know that it is a jumpscare for the survivors because they don't immediately struggle after getting grabbed. Distressing increases her Terror Radius, as such it increases the area of which they are unable to hear her vacuum cleaner.

This one perk, that most people use in Meme Builds is the one perk I always look out for in the Bloodweb. Because it's just that good for the killers I primarily play.

This is why I am making this thread, because I am curious what are some perks that aren't meta that really helps you guys win games as either a Survivor or a Killer and why. Maybe I get to try out some of those perks myself :P

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • As survivor my two main builds are

    Iron Will, Dead Hard, Inner Strength, and DS

    Iron Will, Dead Hard, Ace in the Hole, Plunderers Instinct

    The first build is general survival, the second one is kind of a fun game of getting the best item I can out of a match and then trying to leave with it.


    My killer build (as Oni) is BBQ (Points), Infectious Fright, Bamboozle, and Corrupt Intervention

  • 64px-Shadowborn.gif

    Widened FOV goes a long way

    Oh LMAO it didn't load as an image

  • NOED meta? If popularity determined the meta we'd be calling Self Care the meta. I guess the stupidity of survivors can make a perk meta but still this is too funny. I use Whispers a lot and that probably doesn't count as meta so there :P

  • @Desh said:

    Hmm right now for Killer as Oni, I love using Rancor and Nemsis

    Same here, it's my good-luck charm on Oni and Spirit, double the Yamaoka

  • @Seeniclives said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1232088#Comment_1232088

    Ace in the hole - guaranteed to get an item with attachment. Sometimes two attachments. Paired with plunderers and your chest openings are like Christmas. Skeleton keys, rainbow map, purple medkits plus charge add ons. I use it to just supply the team as we move about

    no joke, those two are both in my main perk build xD

    those two with Adrenaline and Iron Will xD

  • Distressing. Not only boosts Infectious Fright, but I tend to see people walk out of jungle gyms as I approach because they left too early.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    Hey, it's me again. And no, I'm not going to make a thread about how Killer is Easy this time around ^^; (I still think it's relatively easier than how it should be but that doesn't matter now.)

    Decisive Strike, Object of Obsession, Sprint Burst, Dead Hard.

    No One Escapes Death, Pop Goes the Weasel, BBQ & Chili, Sloppy Butcher.

    These 8 are just a few of the perks that are currently in the game's meta, and each of them helps us win the game in some way or another. Whether it being to make the killer miss a swing and chase for another loop with Dead Hard, bait them with Sprint Burst, bait them with Object of Obsession, surprise Survivors with NOED, break generators with PGTW, find them hiding with BBQ, and so on.

    All of these perks are powerful, and no doubt are a must for any build is tailored to making your victory that much more easier to obtain. But what if these perks are locked away from you? And you have to choose from the various other perks that doesn't quite make the cut?

    What perks do you use that helps you win, but isn't a part of the meta?

    I'll start, it's probably one that some of you might not expect me to run:

    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/deadbydaylight_gamepedia_en/0/0e/Distressing.gif?version=d6c4343400d26ecfc54767e95c47a1c1

    Distressing

    Your horrifying emanation strikes at a supernaturally long distance.

    Your Terror Radius is increased by 22/24/26 %.

    Gain 100 % more Bloodpoints 

     for actions in the Deviousness Category.

    The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded during the Trial.

    "Bask in their fear."

    Yeah that's right, Distressing.

    Here is the thing, three of the killers I usually play are The Oni, The Doctor and The Spirit. The Doctor, for obvious reasons, can get a lot of mileage from Distressing. His Static Blast and huge Terror Radius would allow him to find out where exactly Survivors are hiding (if they are not hiding in lockers).

    But The Oni and The Spirit requires a bit more explanation.

    Whenever I play Oni, I always run Infectious Fright. It's just too good of a perk not to use with him. It helps notify me of Survivors that are inside my Terror Radius while I am in Wrath Mode. Which in turn, allows me to hunt them down and Oni-smash them with Demon Strike. Since Oni's power is depleted everytime he picks up a Survivor, having something like Infectious Fright is really useful. Which is why I run it alongside Distressing which would give me a ton of information on where Survivors are at near me.

    As for The Spirit. Well, you know how Survivors often run away once they hear her vacuum cleaner coming nearby? Yeah well, they can't hear that if they are inside your Terror Radius. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten gen grabs with this tactic. Even when they know that I am playing Spirit. I know that it is a jumpscare for the survivors because they don't immediately struggle after getting grabbed. Distressing increases her Terror Radius, as such it increases the area of which they are unable to hear her vacuum cleaner.

    This one perk, that most people use in Meme Builds is the one perk I always look out for in the Bloodweb. Because it's just that good for the killers I primarily play.

    This is why I am making this thread, because I am curious what are some perks that aren't meta that really helps you guys win games as either a Survivor or a Killer and why. Maybe I get to try out some of those perks myself :P

    But for Oni Monitor is actually better cause it has twice the value. When your not in a chase and in Wrath mode the - 8 meter terror radius lets the survivors no time to react and when you then down him while in chase you get that +8 meter bonus for infectious. And that's I think the exact same number as with distressing cause 26% from 32 meter are also 8meter.

  • Windows of Opportunity.

  • I use Small Game all the time. I have heard on here that Detectives Hunch may be better, but I don't have the Detective. But I use it every game for hag and trapper, freddy blood puddles, totems. I like it a lot. I also like Empathy, being able to see injured survivors lets me monitor chases and know where to head to heal team mates.

  • Lightborn. I cant count the number of times lightborn has gotten me a free hit while carrying someone. It usually leads to a 2nd down too, after hooking the first person. Seems like no one runs it a lot so survivors never expect it.

  • for me i say a perk not for meta that i use is thrilling tremors because i have barbaque and chile but i dont use it but thrilling can give me input on where they are with gens and blocks the gens so the only counter to it is to let go of gen before i pick up which will block gen for 15 unless they let go to late

  • I use fire up on legion because ik as legion I'll be losing a lot of gens early on and that way I can leave certain pallets broken until I run into them again by then it feels like running brutal

  • I run beast of prey on legion. I'm surprised some survivors run into me due to no stain.

  • As Survivor: We're Gonna Live Forever. I don't get enough bloodpoints as survivor, and it encourages me to save. Kindred as well, as it provides a lot of useful information, even if it is only on hooks.


    As Killer: Dying Light's pretty good. Even after the rework (which tbh, is much better). And Blood Echo. Getting exhaustion to injured or survivors in general(even after healed type beat), really assures there's no BL or Dead Hard at the very least. Also Stridor. Stridor is just really amazing c:

  • my current build: Bond, Kindred, Lithe, Dark Sense

    Between Bond and Kindred, I have a constant eye on where my fellow survivors are, and if the killer is near hook. This allows me to heal, help with gens, or assist in chases much more than without. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been able to rank hits for teammates cause I saw them running by with Bond. Dark Sense allows me to see where a killer is coming from after a gen gets popped, as well as having an eye on them for TEN SECONDS once the gates are active. This is a MASSIVE advantage for picking the right gate. Lithe is the most underrated exhaustion perk imo. Window vaulting already gives you a gap, and that speed boots just makes it so much better and lets you get to that next tile. Plus, it’s active when YOU want, unlike sprint burst and balanced landing can often be. Very good teamwork build, hasn’t done me wrong yet.

  • Current killer build:

    Ghostface with Discordance, Nurse’s Calling, BBQ, and Thrilling Tremors

    BBQ aside, I call this my all-seeing-eye build. Any time I pick someone up I can see active gens, any time I hook I see the survivors, any time more than one person is on a gen I know, and when they’re healing near me (with no terror radius cause stealth), I see them.

    Its a GODLY combo with Ghostface’s power, and gets me consistent 3/4k’s

  • As survivor, Kindred. I don't see it often if I'm not running it, but it is a great tool.

    As killer, Franklin's Demise. It might seem like a waste to some, but I'd rather take that when going up against item heavy teams rather than lobby dodge. Plus it wastes the survivors time, because 90% of the time, they go back to look for their item. I even got a down and hook at the gate because the player, that could have escaped, stopped to pick up his item.

  • God I run so many off meta perks because it compliments my playstyle, my first choice would probably be bond, the extra information it gives is invaluable, even in a swf, the second would be prove thy self as it compliments bond well for pressuring gens, and the last perk would have to be the head on/ inner strength combo, it may be kinda meta rn but having a heal that doesn't show up on nurses and an almost guaranteed stun if you play your cards right is also very valuable to any playstyle as survivor

  • I run Iron Maiden with BBQ all the time. When someone uses Inner Strength or try for Head On, you hear screams all the time. I've got some funny moments with Iron Maiden.

  • Killer:

    I am actually a big fan of Rancor at the moment, and not just because of the mori, but because the gens pop quickly, I could get readings on survivors right next to me and they would not realize I had it. The mori is just a bonus when they get the gens done, but sometimes they don't, and it just shows that you don't need meta perks to do well. That being said, it is nice because the indicators aren't aura readings, meaning I can use them with any killer to get the information.

    It is reliable and fun for me. : P


    Survivor:

    Aftercare. It encourages me to be better, but it also encourages teamwork. It also helps the team passively as long as I do my part. I pair it with WGLF so I can get more points.

  • Trapper. Save the Best for Last. Surge. Thrilling Tremors. Corrupt Intervention.

    Addicted to that build at the moment.

    (For the record, I know gens DON'T regress when blocked by the Entity, but I do like the feeling of getting a cheeky instant regress and having that gen blocked off for a bit. Man, if they just buffed Surge and allowed regression during Entity blockage...OOFT)

  • Devour hope is my guilty pleasure even though it doesn't do ######### 80% of the time

  • Stake out, usually find myself trying desperately not to be found by the killer only to be seconds away from being caught only for him to run off again as I crap myself. Plus I now have 2 stacks of stake out for my gens, woooo! Plus stake out really helped against old ruin since you'd effectively counter the regression from a good skill check. But even now, it saves you a good amount of time doing things you'll naturally be doing, hiding and repairing.

  • As survivor, Diversion. After running this perk in my build for a while, everytime I don't I think "damn I wish I had a pebble". It saved me many times, and it's always funny when it does.

    As killer it's hard ot say because I have a different build for each one. The first that comes to mind is Knock Out on the Wraith. In combination with MYC it's deadly since it makes you more unpredictable and survivors tend to panick because of this.

  • I really like empathy. Lots of info. Kinda like deliverance though. Makes you get chased first.

    Spies is nice indoors.

  • Survivor: Bond. It is the best information perk in the game and yet hardly anyone uses it. My second choice would be plunderer's.

    Killer: All Ears and Dark Devotion. Survivors don't see these ones coming and can really mess up their plays, making for easy downs :)

  • @DelsKibara said:

    Hey, it's me again. And no, I'm not going to make a thread about how Killer is Easy this time around ^^; (I still think it's relatively easier than how it should be but that doesn't matter now.)

    Decisive Strike, Object of Obsession, Sprint Burst, Dead Hard.

    No One Escapes Death, Pop Goes the Weasel, BBQ & Chili, Sloppy Butcher.

    These 8 are just a few of the perks that are currently in the game's meta, and each of them helps us win the game in some way or another. Whether it being to make the killer miss a swing and chase for another loop with Dead Hard, bait them with Sprint Burst, bait them with Object of Obsession, surprise Survivors with NOED, break generators with PGTW, find them hiding with BBQ, and so on.

    All of these perks are powerful, and no doubt are a must for any build is tailored to making your victory that much more easier to obtain. But what if these perks are locked away from you? And you have to choose from the various other perks that doesn't quite make the cut?

    What perks do you use that helps you win, but isn't a part of the meta?

    I'll start, it's probably one that some of you might not expect me to run:

    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/deadbydaylight_gamepedia_en/0/0e/Distressing.gif?version=d6c4343400d26ecfc54767e95c47a1c1

    Distressing

    Your horrifying emanation strikes at a supernaturally long distance.

    Your Terror Radius is increased by 22/24/26 %.

    Gain 100 % more Bloodpoints 

     for actions in the Deviousness Category.

    The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded during the Trial.

    "Bask in their fear."

    Yeah that's right, Distressing.

    Here is the thing, three of the killers I usually play are The Oni, The Doctor and The Spirit. The Doctor, for obvious reasons, can get a lot of mileage from Distressing. His Static Blast and huge Terror Radius would allow him to find out where exactly Survivors are hiding (if they are not hiding in lockers).

    But The Oni and The Spirit requires a bit more explanation.

    Whenever I play Oni, I always run Infectious Fright. It's just too good of a perk not to use with him. It helps notify me of Survivors that are inside my Terror Radius while I am in Wrath Mode. Which in turn, allows me to hunt them down and Oni-smash them with Demon Strike. Since Oni's power is depleted everytime he picks up a Survivor, having something like Infectious Fright is really useful. Which is why I run it alongside Distressing which would give me a ton of information on where Survivors are at near me.

    As for The Spirit. Well, you know how Survivors often run away once they hear her vacuum cleaner coming nearby? Yeah well, they can't hear that if they are inside your Terror Radius. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten gen grabs with this tactic. Even when they know that I am playing Spirit. I know that it is a jumpscare for the survivors because they don't immediately struggle after getting grabbed. Distressing increases her Terror Radius, as such it increases the area of which they are unable to hear her vacuum cleaner.

    This one perk, that most people use in Meme Builds is the one perk I always look out for in the Bloodweb. Because it's just that good for the killers I primarily play.

    This is why I am making this thread, because I am curious what are some perks that aren't meta that really helps you guys win games as either a Survivor or a Killer and why. Maybe I get to try out some of those perks myself :P

    I will say this outright, I barely ever play killer (I ain't that good anymore) but when it comes to survivors, I mostly use

    Urban Evasion - one of my fave go to Perks for sneaking around and for mindgaming/losing killers. Its served me well so far and I love seeing killers looking around cluelessly to where I've gone

    Self Care - yes I am aware that it's been nerfed and healing with it is very slow, but coupled with botany knowledge is rather good to use. But it helps me get out of a bind when there are no team mates around, nor medkits.

    Kindred - now here is a fun perk, say someone is being facecamped on the hook, you can see where the killer is at all times whilst you get gens done. It also gives you some breathing room so you're not worried about the killer smacking you out of nowhere

    Adrenaline - this perk right here has saved mine and my friends butt's so many times, I have used it in very clutch moments when repairing the last gen. I feel like it's a perk that those who either do the chasing and looping and hook saves can count on for the healing and speed boost

    Those are 4 Perks I run and majority of the time I always escape, unless you get a tunneling killer (which I'd say is about 80% of the games I play)

  • As killer: I always run spies because I suck at finding people. And Franklin's demise if I want to be mean. Taking away items can tilt a match in my favor. Also everyone assumes I'm running bbq so I run Iron maiden.


    As survivor: I'm not good as a survivor at all (even though I main survivor) so no matter what perks I use, I still die. I sadly never win chases as a survivor. But for the benefit of my team I usually run Kindred. And bond so I can find injured team members to heal them or avoid them when I get chased. Detectives hunch is perfect if you just want points or Running Inner Strength.

  • Survivor - Kindred

    Killer- Blood echo

  • If those are the 4 that you choose as survivor meta, and I def don't disagree with those selections, I don't run any meta perks as is.... my typical survivor build is:

    Iron will - some could argue is starting to be kinda meta?

    Resilience - def not meta

    Spine chill - again could be considered kinda meta

    4th is really interchangeable... I'll use DS (I think is meta), kindred, calm spirit, lithe.... couple others get thrown in there once in awhile...


    All that said I am a red rank survivor but I feel like I'm one of the examples who is just red rank due to play time and not actual skill. I am decent at the game but I'm no professional by any means. I run this build for a specific reason... my weakest point of the game is extending chases. I like the vault speed with this and I have been intentionally getting in a chase just to work on this part.


    Yes I know there are better builds for this but to be honest I prefer just having fun over focusing on my rank and all that crap and this is just a super fun build to use while I work on this part if my game...

  • Dark sence, and poised

  • @DelsKibara said:

    Hey, it's me again. And no, I'm not going to make a thread about how Killer is Easy this time around ^^; (I still think it's relatively easier than how it should be but that doesn't matter now.)

    Decisive Strike, Object of Obsession, Sprint Burst, Dead Hard.

    No One Escapes Death, Pop Goes the Weasel, BBQ & Chili, Sloppy Butcher.

    These 8 are just a few of the perks that are currently in the game's meta, and each of them helps us win the game in some way or another. Whether it being to make the killer miss a swing and chase for another loop with Dead Hard, bait them with Sprint Burst, bait them with Object of Obsession, surprise Survivors with NOED, break generators with PGTW, find them hiding with BBQ, and so on.

    All of these perks are powerful, and no doubt are a must for any build is tailored to making your victory that much more easier to obtain. But what if these perks are locked away from you? And you have to choose from the various other perks that doesn't quite make the cut?

    What perks do you use that helps you win, but isn't a part of the meta?

    I'll start, it's probably one that some of you might not expect me to run:

    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/deadbydaylight_gamepedia_en/0/0e/Distressing.gif?version=d6c4343400d26ecfc54767e95c47a1c1

    Distressing

    Your horrifying emanation strikes at a supernaturally long distance.

    Your Terror Radius is increased by 22/24/26 %.

    Gain 100 % more Bloodpoints 

     for actions in the Deviousness Category.

    The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded during the Trial.

    "Bask in their fear."

    Yeah that's right, Distressing.

    Here is the thing, three of the killers I usually play are The Oni, The Doctor and The Spirit. The Doctor, for obvious reasons, can get a lot of mileage from Distressing. His Static Blast and huge Terror Radius would allow him to find out where exactly Survivors are hiding (if they are not hiding in lockers).

    But The Oni and The Spirit requires a bit more explanation.

    Whenever I play Oni, I always run Infectious Fright. It's just too good of a perk not to use with him. It helps notify me of Survivors that are inside my Terror Radius while I am in Wrath Mode. Which in turn, allows me to hunt them down and Oni-smash them with Demon Strike. Since Oni's power is depleted everytime he picks up a Survivor, having something like Infectious Fright is really useful. Which is why I run it alongside Distressing which would give me a ton of information on where Survivors are at near me.

    As for The Spirit. Well, you know how Survivors often run away once they hear her vacuum cleaner coming nearby? Yeah well, they can't hear that if they are inside your Terror Radius. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten gen grabs with this tactic. Even when they know that I am playing Spirit. I know that it is a jumpscare for the survivors because they don't immediately struggle after getting grabbed. Distressing increases her Terror Radius, as such it increases the area of which they are unable to hear her vacuum cleaner.

    This one perk, that most people use in Meme Builds is the one perk I always look out for in the Bloodweb. Because it's just that good for the killers I primarily play.

    This is why I am making this thread, because I am curious what are some perks that aren't meta that really helps you guys win games as either a Survivor or a Killer and why. Maybe I get to try out some of those perks myself :P

    We're Gonna Live Forever; Agitation

  • Aftercare + plunders. I save that last guy and we hold hands as we jump in the hatch together.

1 2 ›