DS shouldn't work in the gates

Straight up. Decisive should not work if you get picked up in the exit gates. It's way too free and the Killer has no other option so there's zero counterplay currently

(honestly, Decisive shouldn't even work once all the generators are completed because the Killer doesn't really have other options at that point so it's not even tunneling)

Comments

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227913#Comment_1227913

    So you think the Killer should be encouraged to face camp endgame instead of tunnel?

    Who doesn't camp in end game? I do, I deserve the kill.

  • @elvangulley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227912#Comment_1227912

    If You got to play all the way to all gens being done and gates opening you weren't tunneled at endgame want ds to work endgame is pure entitlement

    A) DS is not an anti-tunnel perk. Its just a perk. And it works as intended - and should through 100% of the match.

    B) Yes, it is still tunneling if you are off-hooked and immediately downed in end-game, it's just understandable game play by the killer because even if there are other options, they are not usually viable options as they otherwise are before the gens are completed.

  • @elvangulley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227912#Comment_1227912

    If You got to play all the way to all gens being done and gates opening you weren't tunneled at endgame want ds to work endgame is pure entitlement

    Also, yes, I feel ENTITLED to have the perks I brought work when I need them. Crazy logic. 😂

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227920#Comment_1227920

    A) DS is not an anti-tunnel perk. Its just a perk. And it works as intended - and should through 100% of the match.

    B) Yes, it is still tunneling if you are off-hooked and immediately downed in end-game, it's just understandable game play by the killer because even if there are other options, they are not usually viable options as they otherwise are before the gens are completed.

    So Just let them get out yea entitlement

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227871#Comment_1227871

    Honestly, I think both sides would be happy if Decisive and No ED both got heavy nerfs or reworks

    Then people will move onto the next perks to whine about until everything is nerfed into the ground. Its an endless cycle of bitching and moaning.

  • You aren't letting them get out, they are escaping because they had the forethought to bring a perk that counters what you're trying to do as a last ditch effort to secure a kill. Also, the ultimate sense of entitlement is saying that someone else's perk should stop working so that you can get one last (or a first) kill in the last seconds of end-game, after they did 99.9% of the work to escape, because you couldn't manage to kill them at any other point during the match. THAT is entitlement. 🙄

  • @GhostofYharnam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227903#Comment_1227903

    Then people will move onto the next perks to whine about until everything is nerfed into the ground. Its an endless cycle of bitching and moaning.

    People don't usually complain about perks unless they're a problem. If there are no problems there are no complaints, people will complain about something else like swf or matchmaking.

  • Despite the fact that my favorite moments by far in this game are when I have the gate nearly open, get downed, hit ds, finish opening the gate and escape, I admit it is pretty much bs. I wouldn't complain if ds stopped working once a gate was open.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227783#Comment_1227783

    Locker DS is counter play to slugging to run out the timer, so agree to disagree on this.

    DS, in all its functional glory, works as it was intended.

    But slugging is the only reliable counterplay to DS that doesn't involve not playing the game. Unbreakable is counterplay to slugging and requires a perk to execute. Teammates picking you up are counterplay to slugging. Staying in a locker makes the survivor invincible, and is especially BS when combined with Head On or Inner Strength. It's way too powerful for something that takes no skill or opportunity cost, besides just being unhealthy design.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227854#Comment_1227854

    But slugging is the only reliable counterplay to DS that doesn't involve not playing the game. Unbreakable is counterplay to slugging and requires a perk to execute. Teammates picking you up are counterplay to slugging. Staying in a locker makes the survivor invincible, and is especially BS when combined with Head On or Inner Strength. It's way too powerful for something that takes no skill or opportunity cost, besides just being unhealthy design.

    For starters, no it isn't. You can simply not go for the same person within 60 seconds of them getting off-hooked. You can also just take the 5 second stun and remove DS from the rest of the match for that survivor. You can slug them - most people don't have room in their build for unbreakable with all the other perks they have to carry to handle ######### killer game play - same for inner strength, I rarely see people carrying this perk. And if a survivor manages to get you back up, the killer can literally just smack you back down. You're injured, and they probably didn't go far. Nothing makes a survivor invincible - at most, it makes them inconvenient for a little while longer. The DS/Head On/Inner Strength combo you speak sounds nice, but I don't think I've ever specifically seen it. Survivors don't really have the luxury of running perks specifically for a situational locker self-save. Maybe in SWF, but certainly not in solos.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227960#Comment_1227960

    For starters, no it isn't. You can simply not go for the same person within 60 seconds of them getting off-hooked. You can also just take the 5 second stun and remove DS from the rest of the match for that survivor. You can slug them - most people don't have room in their build for unbreakable with all the other perks they have to carry to handle ######### killer game play - same for inner strength, I rarely see people carrying this perk. And if a survivor manages to get you back up, the killer can literally just smack you back down. You're injured, and they probably didn't go far. Nothing makes a survivor invincible - at most, it makes them inconvenient for a little while longer. The DS/Head On/Inner Strength combo you speak sounds nice, but I don't think I've ever specifically seen it. Survivors don't really have the luxury of running perks specifically for a situational locker self-save. Maybe in SWF, but certainly not in solos.

    This is such a poor understanding of killer gameplay it's hilarious.

    Sometimes not going for the same person is a huge momentum killer. Eating DS is a MASSIVE momentum killer if the survivor team is playing somewhat decently. Not being able to convert a chase into a down because of locker DS can lose you entire games REALLY fast.

    Killers are constantly running against the clock. That's just the nature of the role. There should absolutely be a limit for how much of your time a survivor should get to waste without doing anything even remotely skillful. Time is absolutely DBD's currency. Survivors should be rewarded with more time for their teams to do gens if they outplay the killer in chases, but not by pressing spacebar in a locker.

    And it doesn't matter that "you can't run all those perks at once". As long as those synergies exist within the game, that's what we should balance around. Your argument is equivalent to saying that Forever Freddy was fine because you had to commit multiple perks and addons to it, but that's why it was nerfed in the first place.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227781#Comment_1227781

    Yep and funny how you can play respectfully all game and still get tbagged and told to end yourself . Pretty funny

    It goes both way. You can still play respectfully and get facecamped and smacked on hook. Certain people just like to be arseholes and there's no changing them.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Technically going after the unhooked guy is still your choice so...

    Technically, choosing to repair generators is still your own choice so...

    @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227831#Comment_1227831

    I do play killer. I just make sure to kill them before they finish all 5 gens :)

    Spoken like somebody who regularly fails to kill everybody before they finish all 5 gens and thinks people will believe him if he blatantly lies about it. I'm sure you occasionally do pull it off but there's absolutely no "making sure" about it, only the luck of the draw based how how skilled the survivors you got matched with are.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227705#Comment_1227705

    Technically, choosing to repair generators is still your own choice so...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227860#Comment_1227860

    Spoken like somebody who regularly fails to kill everybody before they finish all 5 gens and thinks people will believe him if he blatantly lies about it. I'm sure you occasionally do pull it off but there's absolutely no "making sure" about it, only the luck of the draw based how how skilled the survivors you got matched with are.

    What does repairing generators have to do with anything?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228074#Comment_1228074

    What does repairing generators have to do with anything?

    It doesn't. Just like what I quoted it was a stupid thing to say that was completely irrelevant to any point being made.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228076#Comment_1228076

    It doesn't. Just like what I quoted it was a stupid thing to say that was completely irrelevant to any point being made.

    Actually if your could just read all of the comments it is an important fact to consider. Most people agree tunneling is about choice, and I pointed out that there is still choice...so there is still tunneling.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227940#Comment_1227940

    People don't usually complain about perks unless they're a problem. If there are no problems there are no complaints, people will complain about something else like swf or matchmaking.


    @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227940#Comment_1227940

    People don't usually complain about perks unless they're a problem. If there are no problems there are no complaints, people will complain about something else like swf or matchmaking.

    Noed isn't even that bad its easily countered. People are just to damn lazy to cleanse a damn totem. Ive seen so many people run past them. Ds is easy to deal with. If you know they might have it just smack them down or take the damn stun. You tunnel and you can expect people to use ds.

  • @GhostofYharnam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227946#Comment_1227946

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227946#Comment_1227946

    Noed isn't even that bad its easily countered. People are just to damn lazy to cleanse a damn totem. Ive seen so many people run past them. Ds is easy to deal with. If you know they might have it just smack them down or take the damn stun. You tunnel and you can expect people to use ds.

    If they're easily countered why are they so popular?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Why don't you just use Blood Warden?

    Killers tell survivors to use perks to counter something, but when they are asked to do the same they somehow don't accept that it's an option. The logic behind this way of thinking is absent to me, although perhaps someone who is of this mind could explain it to you in detail.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227831#Comment_1227831

    Come on...

    I literally commented above that you still have the option to go after the unhooker and it is still your choice to tunnel. It's obvious you're running out of justification for stopping an anti-tunneling perk from preventing tunneling.

    What if you don’t have any other option cause the other survivor is at full health?

  • @VicThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227841#Comment_1227841

    What if you don’t have any other option cause the other survivor is at full health?

    Well you can camp to secure a kill, but if you don't camp you are risking the survivor being saved and then having DS so they can escape. This is why most killers camp in end game, so they can get guaranteed trades and not have to worry about losing kills.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228138#Comment_1228138

    Well you can camp to secure a kill, but if you don't camp you are risking the survivor being saved and then having DS so they can escape. This is why most killers camp in end game, so they can get guaranteed trades and not have to worry about losing kills.

    I agree, but hook grab doesn’t work because of dedicated servers at least on ps4 lately.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228131#Comment_1228131

    Killers tell survivors to use perks to counter something, but when they are asked to do the same they somehow don't accept that it's an option. The logic behind this way of thinking is absent to me, although perhaps someone who is of this mind could explain it to you in detail.

    This is pretty funny, it's just like killers using the standard "just adapt lul" when survivors complained about everything but apparently "adapting" wasn't an option when Nurse and Spirit got normalized.

  • @VicThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228143#Comment_1228143

    I agree, but hook grab doesn’t work because of dedicated servers at least on ps4 lately.

    True, but doesn't a double hit also guarantee a trade if you are close enough?

  • And? Being untouchable in the endgame still non skill based win... we are arguing if it is tunneling or not. What OP suggested it shouldn’t work in the endgame.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228144#Comment_1228144

    True, but doesn't a double hit also guarantee a trade if you are close enough?

    Well sometimes I try to play fair and look for the other survivor... so I am not called camper. But i learnt lesson...

  • @VicThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227811#Comment_1227811

    And? Being untouchable in the endgame still non skill based win... we are arguing if it is tunneling or not. What OP suggested it shouldn’t work in the endgame.

    Tunneling in end game is also non skill based.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227705#Comment_1227705

    Technically, choosing to repair generators is still your own choice so...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227860#Comment_1227860

    Spoken like somebody who regularly fails to kill everybody before they finish all 5 gens and thinks people will believe him if he blatantly lies about it. I'm sure you occasionally do pull it off but there's absolutely no "making sure" about it, only the luck of the draw based how how skilled the survivors you got matched with are.

    Or I'm good at playing the video game Dead by Daylight.

  • But like can we please stop pretending that DS is an anti-tunnel perk?

    That's one of its jobs, but it's not at all the main purpose of the perk. People run it to get one minute of safety after being unhooked, period.

    Whether you like it or not, no one would run a perk that only does anything when the killer tunnels hard.

  • @VicThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228149#Comment_1228149

    Well sometimes I try to play fair and look for the other survivor... so I am not called camper. But i learnt lesson...

    You can always stay away from the hook if you want, but now you know that you risk the unhooked survivor escaping and even the unhooker too if they're healthy. You're not forced to camp per se, but camping is the best option for securing kills. I hope this discussion helped you!

  • you know what, you are right that survivor deserves the win...

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228152#Comment_1228152

    You can always stay away from the hook if you want, but now you know that you risk the unhooked survivor escaping and even the unhooker too if they're healthy. You're not forced to camp per se, but camping is the best option for securing kills. I hope this discussion helped you!

    Absolutely!

  • @VicThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228153#Comment_1228153

    you know what, you are right that survivor deserves the win...

    At the end of the day, both sides have an unskillful interaction. However, I don't want to just keep adding specific stipulations on perks just to take care of those specific scenarios and make the perk description like 20 lines long. It should be pretty simply and straight forward: this perk works for 60 seconds. The end.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228164#Comment_1228164

    At the end of the day, both sides have an unskillful interaction. However, I don't want to just keep adding specific stipulations on perks just to take care of those specific scenarios and make the perk description like 20 lines long. It should be pretty simply and straight forward: this perk works for 60 seconds. The end.

    And I would agree with you, if certain survivors and teams wouldn’t abuse it. Or the ‘tunneled’ survivor close to the exit gate wouldn’t use it for T-bagging. I believe majority of the killer community has a problem with this perk cause it used for the wrong purpose. Honestly I barely get DS-d cause I don’t tunnel, but in certain situation this is a very annoying perk.

  • @VicThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228167#Comment_1228167

    And I would agree with you, if certain survivors and teams wouldn’t abuse it. Or the ‘tunneled’ survivor close to the exit gate wouldn’t use it for T-bagging. I believe majority of the killer community has a problem with this perk cause it used for the wrong purpose. Honestly I barely get DS-d cause I don’t tunnel, but in certain situation this is a very annoying perk.

    People just need to get a thicker skin. Pixels moving up and down a few times isn't grounds for a nerf because you made a mistake and it made you mad.

  • Just cause they're easily countered doesn't mean they're going to be any less popular. Bbq and Chili is easily countered but its still used for information and points. Noed is literally in survivor hands. I don't think it should activate if the hatch is closed tho. Rancor doesn't so i don't believe noed should.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228175#Comment_1228175

    People just need to get a thicker skin. Pixels moving up and down a few times isn't grounds for a nerf because you made a mistake and it made you mad.

    It’s not about mistakes, but I don’t wanna go side track from the original post

  • Neither should NOED then

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227789#Comment_1227789

    Eat the DS earlier or don't get into that situation. :)

    "Don't tunnel man, it's toxic"

    "You should've just eaten the DS man"

    "Yeah I eat paint, why?"

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227813#Comment_1227813

    "Don't tunnel man, it's toxic"

    "You should've just eaten the DS man"

    "Yeah I eat paint, why?"

    It's not a problem for me when I'm Killer so something must be wrong if we're not both feeling the DS burn. Figure it out.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228423#Comment_1228423

    It's not a problem for me when I'm Killer so something must be wrong if we're not both feeling the DS burn. Figure it out.

    Explain how it's fair that a survivor gets to escape for free after a Killer catches them at endgame(presumably fairly, since DS is still available)

  • @VicThor said:

    I think OP is right, if someone gets unhooked next to a gate and you down them they will still crawl out...

    Yeah yeah go for the unhooker. They get a sprint boost and they run out...

    Back then when Legion’s deep wound condition was changed, the Dev said that a killer shouldn’t get an automatic kill. Well DS next to an exit gate is automatic win...

    No because the survivors already DID their work to survive so the issue is no longer present.

  • Survivors: "rework Ebony Mori and hitboxes."

    Killers: "Nerf all survivor perks and items"

    Can't wait to see the next issue you killers have, though I will side with you on the NOED fiasco.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    Survivors: "rework Ebony Mori and hitboxes."

    Killers: "Nerf all survivor perks and items"

    Can't wait to see the next issue you killers have, though I will side with you on the NOED fiasco.

    I want Keys and Moris nerfed. No ED and DS nerfed or reworked. And hitboxes to be more accurate for both sides so no one is confused

  • @VicThor said:

    I think OP is right, if someone gets unhooked next to a gate and you down them they will still crawl out...

    Yeah yeah go for the unhooker. They get a sprint boost and they run out...

    Back then when Legion’s deep wound condition was changed, the Dev said that a killer shouldn’t get an automatic kill. Well DS next to an exit gate is automatic win...

    No, it's not an automatic win, because you had an entire match that you could have played better up until that point. As someone else said, if you did your job better beforehand, you wouldn't have to rely on hooking the same person twice in a minute at the end. Besides, almost every killer runs NOED these days, and there are a ton of killers with potential one-shots, so you have every opportunity to down the guy who did the unhooking, before and after they try it.

  • I strongly believe that if they nerf DS or BT in the endgame killers kill percentage will decrease. I've seen many games where survivors turn a 1k into a 4k because they didn't want to leave anyone behind in end game since they have those perks. If they nerf them, it will lead to a boring meta where survivors just leave the last person on hook while the other 2 or 3 escape. The same thing happened with flashlight saves. Now its not worth it because killers can just flick their camera and make it impossible with their 3 second pickup animation. Guess what it lead to? The other 3 survivors rushing gens and not bothering going for saves.

  • People who think DS is anti tunnel are delusional, If a guy i hook gets unhooked, runs over and unhooks someone else, and they both have DS, is that me tunneling half the team if i'm right there when they are doing this? What am i suppose to just leave them? Not to mention locker tech with DS. It's a stupid perk that only survivors mains defend

  • @Steah said:

    People who think DS is anti tunnel are delusional, If a guy i hook gets unhooked, runs over and unhooks someone else, and they both have DS, is that me tunneling half the team if i'm right there when they are doing this? What am i suppose to just leave them? Not to mention locker tech with DS. It's a stupid perk that only survivors mains defend

    DS is a perk with activation requirements. Yes it is used for anti tunneling but that won't always be the case. It's the same as saying NOED is anti genrush even though it can activate after a 20 minutes forever Freddy game when he closes the hatch.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Neither should NOED then

    That would mean you play with 3 perks... I don’t use NOED, so I don’t care. But the point of NOED is the endgame.

1 2 3