Why aren't there a lot of killers red ranks?

I am rank red as survivor I have played a lot of games as survivor and the most of times I have to face rank green or purple rank. I believe that there aren't a lot of killers red rank as survivors. I have played DBD since 2018 and I never saw it.

Comments

  • Go play killer till you reach Red Ranks, if you can even make it that far (playing real matches I mean, no camping and tunneling) and see how it goes

  • No reason to rank up unless you want more stressful games, I often find myself contemplating the idea of taking breaks just to let rank reset do its thing.

  • @PokemonGOPlayer said:

    No reason to rank up unless you want more stressful games, I often find myself contemplating the idea of taking breaks just to let rank reset do its thing.

    or just go for some matches where you know you will derank, like play clown and only hit people wiht bottles, no M1ing, no hooking, non of that, just bottles everywhere.

    or Deathslinger, where you do spearshoot survivors but as soon as it connects you break the chain, reload and go for more shots.

    You might learn something and you will derank for sure

  • It's harder to rank, and maintain that rank, as a killer. Survivors become more skilled, and with the current map sizes, it's a real challenge juggling everything with killers that have low mobility.I know I constantly move between red and purple, simply because it's exhausting putting 110% into every match.

  • It would help a lot if more survivors would play the killer role now and again.

  • Not a lot of killers like to torture themselves :)

  • Most killers just want cheap and easy games. the same killers wouldnt even make in 100 years into redranks cause of no skill.

  • @crixus006 said:

    I am rank red as survivor I have played a lot of games as survivor and the most of times I have to face rank green or purple rank. I believe that there aren't a lot of killers red rank as survivors. I have played DBD since 2018 and I never saw it.

    because it is a place of hellfire and despair

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Most killers just want cheap and easy games. the same killers wouldnt even make in 100 years into redranks cause of no skill.

    really? are you that oblivious??

  • I’m a rank 1 killer on ps4 now but remember when I was around rank 12 I would get almost all red rank survivors anyway. Seems like it doesn’t really matter about what rank killer you are

  • I think it might be a reflection of more red rank survivors than red a comparable amount of red rank killers.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    Go play killer till you reach Red Ranks, if you can even make it that far (playing real matches I mean, no camping and tunneling) and see how it goes

    I am rank 1 as killer and I just camping and tunnelling to survivors who make me genrush

    IMG_20200206_160502685.jpg

    when I look for a game as a killer it takes me 10 seconds to find and it is always vs red ranges survs but if I play as a survivor it takes 10 minutes to search and it puts me with rank green or yellow killers.

    I believe that there aren't a lot of red rank killers as red survivors

  • Cross platform would help, but idk why they won’t let people have the option

  • @Rivyn said:

    It's harder to rank, and maintain that rank, as a killer. Survivors become more skilled, and with the current map sizes, it's a real challenge juggling everything with killers that have low mobility.I know I constantly move between red and purple, simply because it's exhausting putting 110% into every match.

    Yes but main survivors say that this game is easier for killers but I find games like this

    IMG_20200418_094702669.jpg

    It's not funny, I want to get a true challenge every game..

  • Because no one wants to play killer lately

  • Because not many people endure it through the ranks. At least as killer.

  • Extremely Survivor Biased, best to not engage and save yourself from the trouble.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1220242#Comment_1220242

    Extremely Survivor Biased, best to not engage and save yourself from the trouble.

    just wanted to do that,in the end its not worth,bhvr needs to balance the game so survivors like this will go away

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1220242#Comment_1220242

    Extremely Survivor Biased, best to not engage and save yourself from the trouble.

    @Dzeikor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1220405#Comment_1220405

    just wanted to do that,in the end its not worth,bhvr needs to balance the game so survivors like this will go away

    Have to say i've played since clown came out and i've felt like i was the only person with some sense. Thanks or proving me wrong

  • Dbd is dying every day, the main attraction of this game are killers if the developers do not do something there will be no more killers and survivors get bored of playing against weak killers

  • Killers been leaving after ruin nerfed. Killers don't want sweat games in red ranks. There no point in ranking anyway.

  • @katoptris said:

    Killers been leaving after ruin nerfed. Killers don't want sweat games in red ranks. There no point in ranking anyway.

    Yes, kill ruin was the worst error in DBD because killers don't support genrush and god loops...

  • @obamagaming99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1220405#Comment_1220405

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1220415#Comment_1220415

    Have to say i've played since clown came out and i've felt like i was the only person with some sense. Thanks or proving me wrong

    killers are more chill,it takes a strong will and character to keep cool at the state the game is right now

  • @Dzeikor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1220422#Comment_1220422

    killers are more chill,it takes a strong will and character to keep cool at the state the game is right now

    Yes , for example I was playing Vs SWF and at the end they Just had to do 1 gen so i killed 1 .I thought that the game were more interesting I defended my genn Vs 3 swf but they had key....

  • Ranking system. Punishes a lot of killers just for using their power amazingly.

  • Don't know how others see it, but as killer I had always fun in mind. After some nerfs that was away and additional to that you have nothing to gain for staying in the red ranks. You can only lose there. If not in the match then because you have always to give 100% without any space for a chilling game play.

    I don't think that I will ever visit the reds again. I have no idea how bhvr could bring me to that. I doubt even that they could bring me back in the game.

    Some may hate what I write here, but why should I lie? I would make the small chance that something changes one day, even more smaller.

  • @Talmeer said:

    Don't know how others see it, but as killer I had always fun in mind. After some nerfs that was away and additional to that you have nothing to gain for staying in the red ranks. You can only lose there. If not in the match then because you have always to give 100% without any space for a chilling game play.

    I don't think that I will ever visit the reds again. I have no idea how bhvr could bring me to that. I doubt even that they could bring me back in the game.

    Some may hate what I write here, but why should I lie? I would make the small chance that something changes one day, even more smaller.

    Yes man, I'm in different groups of and and a lot of main killers left the game because they say that the main attraction of this game are killers and survivors are OP than killers , it's stressful to play, a lot of pallets, big maps, and Devs nerfed ruin to help survivors...

  • @crixus006 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1220618#Comment_1220618

    Yes man, I'm in different groups of and and a lot of main killers left the game because they say that the main attraction of this game are killers and survivors are OP than killers , it's stressful to play, a lot of pallets, big maps, and Devs nerfed ruin to help survivors...

    I had never use ruin. So the ruin nerf had no impact on my playstyle. Still, it had an impact on my mind.

    I was already annoyed by nerfs from the past and to see then something nerfed that seemed to be important for many killers, was just another stone on a already very stony way for me.

    But I don't like to sound here to negatively and I also don't like to repeat my thoughts. That has all no place in this thread imo, but the important thing is, that the fun has gone lost at some points over time and people like me look from time to time in this forum if something has changed.

  • As other ppl have said:

    It's harder to get to and maintain red ranks as killer (have to 4k every game aka a perfect game)

    Overall skill has increased but due to MM and the rank systems being what they are killer have a disadvantage going into their games

    Some players want to have experience on all killers (like me) but after a few bad games they go back to killers they know (like me)

    And other players have spent more time playing survivor (again... like me)

    Rank reset only drops players one color (even though it could change to a middle ground of sorts)

    The devs not putting the time needed to address the issues (on all sides) to improve the game as a whole (good start with map changes but we will see)

    Also with the archives/rift being a thing now... IMO it's swaying the player base to either play both sides (which is good... please don't misunderstand me) and/or play in a way that isn't enjoyable (remember the basement challenge in the first one) and the cosmetics that they put on the rift pass is blantently asking for real money to get "the good stuff" with the free track not being rewarding

    TL;DR... there are so meny reasons for players to feel lost/defeated when playing the game...

  • As a former nurse main, they made the game very unfun for me so I prefer playing survivor now. A lot less stressful.

  • @crixus006 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1220004#Comment_1220004

    Yes but main survivors say that this game is easier for killers but I find games like this

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/388/ET7DDZGPN8HU.jpg

    It's not funny, I want to get a true challenge every game..

    No idea why you would DC. You can win that game. And if you don’t win, take the opportunity to learn from you mistakes and try to apply it the next game. Most Red Rank survivors are potato’s. And you were legión where most survivors spend all their time healing instead of doing gens.


    i suspect you still rank up. You just want all your games to be super easy. At the very least you would have black pipped this game and not lost any progress. And that is the fundamental problem with this game. It’s too easy to black pip.

  • @Talmeer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1220631#Comment_1220631

    I had never use ruin. So the ruin nerf had no impact on my playstyle. Still, it had an impact on my mind.

    I was already annoyed by nerfs from the past and to see then something nerfed that seemed to be important for many killers, was just another stone on a already very stony way for me.

    But I don't like to sound here to negatively and I also don't like to repeat my thoughts. That has all no place in this thread imo, but the important thing is, that the fun has gone lost at some points over time and people like me look from time to time in this forum if something has changed.

    Yes a lot of new and veteran killers used ruin, this perk helped them I don't believe that Devs nerfed a perk which the most of killers used, they just think of survivors but they didn't think of new killers and main killers, so this game is died and at the end Devs just have a lot of main survivors without killers..

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    As other ppl have said:

    It's harder to get to and maintain red ranks as killer (have to 4k every game aka a perfect game)

    Overall skill has increased but due to MM and the rank systems being what they are killer have a disadvantage going into their games

    Some players want to have experience on all killers (like me) but after a few bad games they go back to killers they know (like me)

    And other players have spent more time playing survivor (again... like me)

    Rank reset only drops players one color (even though it could change to a middle ground of sorts)

    The devs not putting the time needed to address the issues (on all sides) to improve the game as a whole (good start with map changes but we will see)

    Also with the archives/rift being a thing now... IMO it's swaying the player base to either play both sides (which is good... please don't misunderstand me) and/or play in a way that isn't enjoyable (remember the basement challenge in the first one) and the cosmetics that they put on the rift pass is blantently asking for real money to get "the good stuff" with the free track not being rewarding

    TL;DR... there are so meny reasons for players to feel lost/defeated when playing the game...

    Yes, you can not use a new killer in red ranks because there are week killers, I don't believe that a game which the main attraction are killers, not survivors, have week killers and op survivors... A lot of changes they have to do but if they go on nerfed the main killers perks because a lot of killers used it to win , they just kill this game and they just have a lot of main survivors but week killers, and survivors find bored to play Vs week killers and left this game...

  • Because it's now a lot more frustrating though. With pre-nerf ruin you could at least have a chance, and it was worth playing to get at least some fun. Now it's just gen rush, SWF and Looooooooping

  • I'll never understand why everyone just accepts anecdotal evidence as fact. We don't know the number of killers to survivor. Let alone how many red rank killers there are. Add to this that match making has been a known issue for months. I think it's assuming a bit much.

    I will add that if there is a shortage of red rank killers. I would assume it's because the emblem system really doesn't make much sense for killer.

  • @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1220336#Comment_1220336

    No idea why you would DC. You can win that game. And if you don’t win, take the opportunity to learn from you mistakes and try to apply it the next game. Most Red Rank survivors are potato’s. And you were legión where most survivors spend all their time healing instead of doing gens.

    i suspect you still rank up. You just want all your games to be super easy. At the very least you would have black pipped this game and not lost any progress. And that is the fundamental problem with this game. It’s too easy to black pip.

    When I knew about this game the main attraction for me and a lot of players are killers, as a survivor I want to play Vs op killers but I just got week killers as rank yellow or green... I need to play 10 matches to play Vs red rank killer. And it is bored because I have to wait 10 minutes in lobby ....

  • @Ihatelife said:

    Because it's now a lot more frustrating though. With pre-nerf ruin you could at least have a chance, and it was worth playing to get at least some fun. Now it's just gen rush, SWF and Looooooooping

    I played a game Vs SWF they made me 4 gens at the end I could kill 1 so I believed that the game were very interested because I have to defend 1 gen Vs 3 swf and it was funny but they had key and left for the hatch....

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I'll never understand why everyone just accepts anecdotal evidence as fact. We don't know the number of killers to survivor. Let alone how many red rank killers there are. Add to this that match making has been a known issue for months. I think it's assuming a bit much.

    I will add that if there is a shortage of red rank killers. I would assume it's because the emblem system really doesn't make much sense for killer.

    If there aren't a lot of red killers it's meaning that killers can't get 2 k to go up rank ... I don't know a game where the main attraction (killers) is week ....