What are some misunderstandings you had when first playing DBD.

For me it was NOED.

Before I played DBD, I watched animated parodies about DBD and they would constantly mention Killers having NOED.

And so for quite some time, I thought NOED was short for "No Education", which I thought Survivors would call Killers who would camp.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I used to think that you had to have the perk Wake Up! in order to wake up against Freddy

  • @FilledPizza said:

    I used to think that you had to have the perk Wake Up! in order to wake up against Freddy

    Oh god, that's a pretty good one.

  • I thought Killers could only get the maps that were based around them. So every time I loaded into a corn map I thought it was Hill Billy only to get grabbed off a gen by a Michael Myers thinking I was safe.

  • I thought the killers allways knew where i was in his terror radius


    Also thought killers were strong lul

  • @BattleCast said:

    I thought Killers could only get the maps that were based around them. So every time I loaded into a corn map I thought it was Hill Billy only to get grabbed off a gen by a Michael Myers thinking I was safe.

    Honestly that would be a pretty cool separate game mode.

  • After the release of the beta, me and everyone else thought wraith was op. LOL

  • That rank mattered

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    I thought the killers allways knew where i was in his terror radius

    Also thought killers were strong lul

    Was that before the Doctor released? Would be a cool idea for a perk.

    @YEEHAW_Main said:

    After the release of the beta, me and everyone else thought wraith was op. LOL

    Well, the game is fundamentally different now xD.

    @Desh said:

    That rank mattered

    lmao

  • With haunted grounds i used to think if u stood on a random part of the ground then u was exposed to one shot never to know after a while if u cleasned the hex totem that's what exsposes u

  • Green keys open hatch

  • @Brodie said:

    With haunted grounds i used to think if u stood on a random part of the ground then u was exposed to one shot never to know after a while if u cleasned the hex totem that's what exsposes u

    I mean technically, I guess it kind of works that way.

    @Elk said:

    Green keys open hatch

    Then it'd be more powerful than the Dull Key (purple) lol. Imagine that

  • -I thought NoED was base because my cousin explained it to me that killers could down you with one shot.

    -Thought Exposed meant the killer could see your aura.

    -Thought there was only one exit gate

    -Thought Spirit's Phasing meant she could walk through walls. My first game as her left me very confused.

    -Thought you were supposed to try to escape from the hook on your own. The tutorial did NOT help

    -When someone told me generators had lights, I thought they meant on the bottom part, not on the top part

    -Thought Michael Myers NEVER had a terror radius

  • @DeadHardMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1180921#Comment_1180921

    I mean technically, I guess it kind of works that way.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1180922#Comment_1180922

    Then it'd be more powerful than the Dull Key (purple) lol. Imagine that

    Then it will be 'Broken'

  • I thought broken keys could open the hatch.

    Yeh I don't know how I screwed that up.

  • I remember fast vaulting into lockers as Meg whenever I heard the heartbeat, not realising I had quick and quiet, but I also didn’t realise that fast faulting exposes your location. So I guess I was lucky.

  • Being in the killer's terror radius isn't exactly a bad thing. Except for Doctor.


    I used to try and sprint out of it because I didn't want the killer anywhere near me. Now I take it as a notice that the killer is near.

  • Since i came from friday the 13th i thought that running would reveal me to the killer however that was short lived since i played killer after only a few games as survivor.

  • I didn't know skill checks made noise for quite a while. I never payed attention to the bing so I was always on edge for skill checks.

    I also thought you had to have a medkit to heal teammates which led to some very angry people I'm sure.

  • Don't know if this counts, but it took me a good FOUR MONTHS before I realized how to fast vault.

    And at that time I called myself a Feng Min main but couldn't use one of her perks because I was an idiot.

  • I thought a killer hitting a generator regressed it by 5%.

    I now know, after 3 years of playing, it does nothing but start the regression. It does nothing else.

  • That the Exposed status effect would show their auras to the killer.

  • I was convinced that Leatherface's tantrum was random and occured sometimes when missing someone

  • Honestly when I was just starting the game (very bad), I thought old Freddy was stupidly strong, judged by the 2 games I had played against him. I quickly learned that this was not the case. At all