So killer meme games are bannable

Friend played "Get off your lawn" Hillbilly for a few games the other day, and one match people reported him for it and he was banned for 24 hours.

This is unfortunate, he got 2 kills playing this way and safety pipped but it made people angry that he played that way so apparently that is a punishable offense.

So people know what that is, you take the old man skin as Hillbilly and then move into a house on the map and defend that house; and if anyone comes near it or such you chase them off the lawn with a chainsaw.

Anyways, I was always under the impression that you could play killer however you wanted and it was fine, but apparently it's a bannable offense. While I personally think that is kinda lame and unfair; I imagine there are others that feel you are "ruining the game" somehow.

Just opening a discussion on this topic since I know I've played meme games a bunch as killer once in a while it helps me de-stress, but I am going to have to stop now that I know it's actually bannable.

How do you guys feel about these kinds of games?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Coder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1163066#Comment_1163066

    which lawn? you mean the grass? I've never heard of this meme I think...

    Its a well know meme, like when Soldier 79 says "Young punks, get off my lawn" xD

    BTW if the devs really banned this guy for just playing and he didn't take the game hostage, it is a very very sad news.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    I think in this situation, he was banned more for targeting a player then the meme game itself or at least that seems like how it was put.

    Kind of like if you go to farm in a match and one person doesn't want to farm so you kill them and let the others go which is a bannable offense. In this case depending on how the video looks, it might appear like he was specifically targeting that one person only to let the others go.

    Seeing as to my knowledge this is the only instance ever of a meme game ban even with the tons and tons of youtube videos of such things, the report must have been pretty detailed and the video must have seemed like your friend targeted that guy out of malice.

    I have no intention myself of stopping meme games even if the devs announce they're all bannable but as a note for when I do them, I never hook or kill the players unless it's something where I can move freely and get everybody. I've done basement protector and get off my lawn games but I always leave the person slugged or I just pick them up and drop them elsewhere. I'm not saying this ban is right, far from it but unless we could see the video which isn't possible, from an outside perspective it could appear to be player targeting which would be just bad luck for your friend. 😕

    But in what universe targeting a survivor is a banneable offense? Come on he is the killer, his job is to kill and tunneling isn't a banneable offense. If he didn't take the game hostage, he was unfairly banned.

    A killer can play in whatever way they want while it is between the allowed.

  • By playing this way, it is possible that survivors never meet the killer, or rarely meet him. They fix generators, maybe run into the killer once, go fix other generators, open the doors, and go out.

    From their point of view, it's like a killer refusing to play.

    The objective of the survivors is to escape, not to enter a house guarded by a killer. And the killer's goal is to slow down the repair of the generators, to hunt and kill the survivors, not to defend a house.

    This could be an idea for a new game mode, but today DBD is not made for it.

  • this really should not be bannable.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    I feel like there is more going on here then what we know. People do meme games all the time on both sides and I've never heard of someone getting banned for it. Youtubers/Streamers have a ton of videos of them doing such things as well and aren't banned so I'm definitely thinking something else is going on.

    First off did he get banned from just DBD or on whatever platform he's on? It's also possible he did do something in the game that could have been considered an exploit? Without seeing the game it's hard to say.

    Honestly, unless they changed their policy recently, I find it very hard to believe it's as simple as "I played a meme game and got banned". If I was your friend I'd have him try and dispute it and get more details to why he got banned.

    Edit: Here's the support link. https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=228543

    I'm gonna go with, "more to the story for 500 Alex."

    I've played endgame builds w NOED and BW, basement bubba builds guarding a chest, etc and noone had reported me or if so I haven't heard about it.

    I feel like something was left out, like his lawn covered three gens and he refused to let people do them and also didn't both downing anyone or something like that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Friend played "Get off your lawn" Hillbilly for a few games the other day, and one match people reported him for it and he was banned for 24 hours.

    This is unfortunate, he got 2 kills playing this way and safety pipped but it made people angry that he played that way so apparently that is a punishable offense.

    So people know what that is, you take the old man skin as Hillbilly and then move into a house on the map and defend that house; and if anyone comes near it or such you chase them off the lawn with a chainsaw.

    Anyways, I was always under the impression that you could play killer however you wanted and it was fine, but apparently it's a bannable offense. While I personally think that is kinda lame and unfair; I imagine there are others that feel you are "ruining the game" somehow.

    Just opening a discussion on this topic since I know I've played meme games a bunch as killer once in a while it helps me de-stress, but I am going to have to stop now that I know it's actually bannable.

    How do you guys feel about these kinds of games?

    I think your friend fooled you (or you are trying to sell us a story here). Or he got banned for a different reason. How does he even know its because of this one game he played?

  • It's probably because he was pretty much going afk

  • Have they ever used macros, cheat engine etc even if it was never used for DBD?


    You can hook the first person you see and then stand there until they die and that’s not going to get someone banned.

    You can be against a Pig 10 games in a row with a SWF and do nothing but try to Boop the snoot.. that won’t get the 4 of you banned either.

    A Veteran rank 1 trapper decides to play Hillbilly for the first time ever and does nothing but bump into objects and walls all game for 20+ games... they aren’t getting banned.


    I play don’t touch my Totem with Billy and Thrill of the Hunt.. I’ve done guess which one is the real Hag in the basement. Hide and seek clown where I literally find hiding spots near gens or areas people are likely to pass by and give them a scare then to hide again. Refuse to kill any Susie. I can only moonwalk the entire trial. Pretend to be afk to lure a group.. the game gets repetitive and you’re allowed to change things up.

  • Depends on how many games they have been reported in as it may fall under the afk rule.

    If they just stood in the house and didn't engage in proper gameplay then that could be the reason.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    Depends on how many games they have been reported in as it may fall under the afk rule.

    If they just stood in the house and didn't engage in proper gameplay then that could be the reason.

    and who decides what "proper gameplay" is?

    If i walk around and miss all my hits because im really bad, does that mean I should get banned?

    What if I did it on purpose? how would you know? is it then ok to ban?

    What if I lose everyone 3 seconds into a chase, on purpose or accidently?


    What if I defend an area of the map because I think that is important to "winning" the game for me? because that apperently went on here.


    Now in all fairness, I dont trust OP's story at all and it saddens me so many people just accept it as a truth without ANY PROOF WHAT SO EVER. I could make up a story about my friend being banned as well for simple protecting a 3gen strat or something, then later have a post saying "YEP ITS CONFIRMED, HE GOT A REPLY THAT IT WAS CONSIDERED HOLDING THE GAME HOSTAGE" and eveyone would just believe it by the looks of this thread....

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1163065#Comment_1163065

    No, you just chase people off your law with a saw; if you down them or hook them or such you can, but as long as they are off your lawn you leave them alone.

    They asked support as well, opened a ticket, they called it "Griefing and exploiting game mechanics" apparently. I don't see how myself but it is what it is I guess.

    They did something that was ban worthy, which you are either not telling us, or they didn't tell you. It's as simple as that. The devs require an act of recorded murder with a confession, and a pinky swear that they ACTUALLY meant to do the bad thing, before they will even consider banning.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1171931#Comment_1171931

    and who decides what "proper gameplay" is?

    If i walk around and miss all my hits because im really bad, does that mean I should get banned?

    What if I did it on purpose? how would you know? is it then ok to ban?

    What if I lose everyone 3 seconds into a chase, on purpose or accidently?

    What if I defend an area of the map because I think that is important to "winning" the game for me? because that apperently went on here.

    Now in all fairness, I dont trust OP's story at all and it saddens me so many people just accept it as a truth without ANY PROOF WHAT SO EVER. I could make up a story about my friend being banned as well for simple protecting a 3gen strat or something, then later have a post saying "YEP ITS CONFIRMED, HE GOT A REPLY THAT IT WAS CONSIDERED HOLDING THE GAME HOSTAGE" and eveyone would just believe it by the looks of this thread....

    You would still be pressuring off gens protecting an area, chasing and at least engaging with survivors so that is why that wouldn't be bannable as tbh it happens and there is no way to say it wasn't just a bad player.

    It is a lot different of course from staying in one place and not even trying to engage or protect gens from being done. Doing nothing unless they come close as you are not playing the game just chasing people away from a spot if even that.

  • @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1163066#Comment_1163066

    They did something that was ban worthy, which you are either not telling us, or they didn't tell you. It's as simple as that. The devs require an act of recorded murder with a confession, and a pinky swear that they ACTUALLY meant to do the bad thing, before they will even consider banning.

    This, I remember someone swore up and down that all he did was face camped someone and got banned, the defenders were coming in from all sides... the devs and mods told him to stop talking about it again and again and again, the defenders kept growing... and finally someone shared a screenshot of him literally threatening to visit someone's house and do violent things to them as well as a lot of racist comments.

  • @Oshi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1163105#Comment_1163105

    Genrush survivors lock themself with 3 gens = punish killer. You are funny, surv main. 

    "Suicide on first hook should be bannable"

    Well the Devs said themselves that if a killer locks down 3 gen for 10 minutes when 1 generator is left, it's considered bannable. Which honestly is like what?

    Completely dumb imo

  • @Chatkovski said:

    By playing this way, it is possible that survivors never meet the killer, or rarely meet him. They fix generators, maybe run into the killer once, go fix other generators, open the doors, and go out.

    From their point of view, it's like a killer refusing to play.

    The objective of the survivors is to escape, not to enter a house guarded by a killer. And the killer's goal is to slow down the repair of the generators, to hunt and kill the survivors, not to defend a house.

    This could be an idea for a new game mode, but today DBD is not made for it.

    Sure which is perfectly fine if you don't like it. Meme games are meant as a way to have a little fun from the monotony of search map, chase people, finish game. It can be a good stress reliever to just mess around as well after a super sweaty match.

    If the group of survivors don't want to meme which is perfectly reasonable then they can do gens and leave or the killer can realize this and start playing normally. This has only ever been an issue if someone is being targeted which I think is the case here, though not intentional. It's like Farming, it's allowed as long you don't only target someone who doesn't want to do it. The same would certainly apply to meme games.

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1171386#Comment_1171386

    Well the Devs said themselves that if a killer locks down 3 gen for 10 minutes when 1 generator is left, it's considered bannable. Which honestly is like what?

    Completely dumb imo

    Do you have a screenshot or a link to this? I've seen a lot of people bring up the 10-min lockdown is a ban but I've never actually seen the vid or screenshot where they say this.


    @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1163066#Comment_1163066

    They did something that was ban worthy, which you are either not telling us, or they didn't tell you. It's as simple as that. The devs require an act of recorded murder with a confession, and a pinky swear that they ACTUALLY meant to do the bad thing, before they will even consider banning.

    Honestly, the thought has crossed my mind and I'd probably be more inclined to believe if OP didn't have as many posts and going through their history they don't "seem" the type. Most people when they do things like this it's on some alt account or they have a history. There's definitely something more going on here no doubt but I'm hoping OP isn't just leading us on for the giggles. :/

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1171386#Comment_1171386

    Well the Devs said themselves that if a killer locks down 3 gen for 10 minutes when 1 generator is left, it's considered bannable. Which honestly is like what?

    Completely dumb imo

    Obviously, game should have time limit, about 10 minutes in total. If you didn't escape in this time you will be sacrificed, means killer won with 4k.

  • @Oshi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172039#Comment_1172039

    Obviously, game should have time limit, about 10 minutes in total. If you didn't escape in this time you will be sacrificed, means killer won with 4k.

    I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say, I was saying its completely dumb that a killer gets banned for having a 3 gen lockdown at 1 minute because the survivors put themselves in this situation.

    It's like punishing a killer for capitalizing on survivors mistakes, and the worst part is that the survivors can hide for 10 minutes, and then report you afterwards because you didn't hit a survivor.

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172750#Comment_1172750

    I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say, I was saying its completely dumb that a killer gets banned for having a 3 gen lockdown at 1 minute because the survivors put themselves in this situation.

    It's like punishing a killer for capitalizing on survivors mistakes, and the worst part is that the survivors can hide for 10 minutes, and then report you afterwards because you didn't hit a survivor.

    I understand what are you saying. That's why game need a time limit. 10 minutes later ENDGAME collapse - killer win.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Friend played "Get off your lawn" Hillbilly for a few games the other day, and one match people reported him for it and he was banned for 24 hours.

    This is unfortunate, he got 2 kills playing this way and safety pipped but it made people angry that he played that way so apparently that is a punishable offense.

    So people know what that is, you take the old man skin as Hillbilly and then move into a house on the map and defend that house; and if anyone comes near it or such you chase them off the lawn with a chainsaw.

    Anyways, I was always under the impression that you could play killer however you wanted and it was fine, but apparently it's a bannable offense. While I personally think that is kinda lame and unfair; I imagine there are others that feel you are "ruining the game" somehow.

    Just opening a discussion on this topic since I know I've played meme games a bunch as killer once in a while it helps me de-stress, but I am going to have to stop now that I know it's actually bannable.

    How do you guys feel about these kinds of games?

    So...he afked...which is bannable.


    And if he didn't, then it wasn't a result of that game.

  • I do meme games often enough and was never banned.

    This story doesn't sound too reliable without any proof. I mean , how do you know it's this one game? Did he play only one game during this past week or so? Cause it's not like they instantly ban everyone on the same day they get reported. At least not always. And from what I know they don't share any information as to what game it happened in or when.

    This friend is either lying or doesn't know what he is talking about.

    Also , why is the "friend" not posting here himself?

    Yeah, I don't see any reason to take anything here seriously.

  • So, you protect your house, and nothing else. A lone Survivor keeps pissing off Billy. Everyone else understands what's going on. That one survivor then gets mad that he kept going to the same spot, and nobody else, so the killer gets banned for his stupidity? This could be exploited beyond relief.

    That, and wasn't tunneling not a bannable offence? I try not to do so, but c'mon. Devs need to figure out what the hell is going on, or give the game to another studio.

1 2 ›