solution for face camping
Before anyone storms at me like a madman i know that face camping is not deserving of a ban but it is an a*hole thing to do so i came up with a solution. (keep in mind that this is ONLY a suggestion)
If the killer is standing ?m near the hook, the hooked survivor will be teleported to another hook in 30 seconds. (if the killer hasn't moved out of the area) Both the killer and the survivor will get a notification that the survivor has been moved onto another hook.
Comments
Puppers is my favorite tbh, but most of the games Monto posts, he does a good job. I think I've seen other people, too. I forgot to mention HybridPanda. I mentioned it in my first post, but forgot to include him when I posted it again. Most of the people I watch is one YouTube, but a good play is a good play whether it's live or not.
Puppers i've seen in stream and hes normal/chill with little to no toxicity and panda is that and shows his losses too(edited but still does) Monto its either a 3 man at least or he wins(escapes) as survivor like most of the youtubers that are not good peps. I dont respect him at all. I like the content tho not the person themselfs.
Is monto that youtuber or do you mean some streamer? Obivously I can put up youtube videos where I have a 100% winrate at rank 1 too, so not gonna bother with checking that channel tbh
Just checked puppers out, started the stream from 3 days ago, and zipped through it till I found his first killer. It was a huntress, 5 second into the game he explains how to camp as huntress, while he stansd 20-30 meter away from the hook spaming axes at the hooked guy.
Sure, they might have been toxic or sth, so I decided to watch the whole match in order to not judge from a 5 sec impression
I like how it starts, he says he actually has to pay attention now because he isnt playing survivor now, sympathic guy I have to say
After 2 minutes it becomes clear that the survivors he verses are quite bad, they dont even know hwo to crouch behind a pallet, he also said he hasnt played killer for a week, wonder what rank he is now.
Next survivor simply walks up to him and suicides, mhm ok I guess I can skip that match.... mhm ok rank 10
Checked out another 5 streams (taking into accoutn the 1 week break from killer), he only played survivor.
So this is your example for killers that do quite well without camping and tunneling? Did I check out the wrong channel?
Please provide a link to high rank killergameplay of him playing against decent,coordinated survivors.
From what I have seen he is more a chilled dude and he wouldnt stand a change against a decent SWF, but please prove me wrong
do the gens.
Thats why i like Panda and true a lot more than those dudes.
Borrowed Time is such a strong perk. Not sure why more people don't use it TBH. I'm sure you want the ability to deal with face campers yourself, but the bottom line is you're in a position to work in a team. You already have DS/SB/DH/BL which can make it difficult for killers to catch you in the first place to prevent being face camped.
If I am desperate to get a kill, I'll camp once the gates are open. Borrowed time always ruins that for me. Granted, I'm not that great of a killer but still it's such a good way to battle camping.
Facecamping doesnt exist anymore
People dont use BT because it saves other people, not themselves. Its basically a SWF-only perk
When he plays survivor, he'll like read chat and stuff. Fed a Michael once due to that lmao. I've seen plenty of boosted animals at the higher ranks. People running into the killers arms, not dodging correctly, etc. I honestly see camping and tunneling more and the leading up ranks 'cause they want to get up there quickly. The most recent I could find was a Trapper and Wraith play and he was trying to get blue hooks in those games. The one where he plays Michael, he gets a 4 kill with Michael and he's rank 3.
Well he shouldn't have been caught in the first place that is the persons fault for making the mistakes to get caught unless it was a bug that got him caught than that is a different story, but 99% of the time it is the survivors fault for getting caught..
dude, don't comment on a pot that is five days old. that's ages in the internet time. do it now or in a couple of days. Also this is part of a longer post. So address it all or don't address a single section. And your statement to " he shouldn't never been caught in the first place" is so annoying. he cannot avoid getting caught, you can only prolong the chance of getting caught. On top of that,you should of said "they should of never got caught". Since this post is over five days old, you can reply if you want yet I will not take a peek at this. If you want to debate this any further, hmu on my homepage or another forum thread relating the matter.
Since you won't see this than I really could care less about your debate at all. You are on the internet and forums for a reason to talk to people. I wanted to discuss your point, but alright whatever..
Every time devs try to come down on camping it's only made killers more toxic. This idea slows the game down which is badly needed. Promotes anti tunneling which this game could do with and plays better into the theme of the entity slowly devouring your strength and hope.
It´s not that killers become more toxic. But most killers are fed up to be called out on using non camping perks like BBQ and MYC and still be called a camper.
But back to your point let's not pretend killers aren't getting toxic. I have seen enough from both groups to see that both killer and survivor are often playing incredibly toxic builds. The insidious leatherface builds and tunneling face camping killers are as common as your average ds player. Every killer and survivor is reciporacaiting their toxicity which isn't healthy for the community.
My idea above is simply a reason to encourage players to be more active in their hunts as it is not rewarding to hunt in DBD. As a killer it's all about maintaining hook pressure and keeping certain gens protected. Rushing survivors or "tunneling" players out of the game is mandatory in order to slow the game down. I blame the meta of rushing gens. Not bothering with totems and blitzing through gens if killers could have some better means for slowing down gen progression beside blatantly crap perks. Making hook afflict survivors with slower repair speed give a killer a reason to pursue other players instead of just tunneling one out of the game.
I can count the times i´ve seen an insidious basement camping Leatherface on 1 hand. But then again, i would stay as far away as possible from the basement, when playing against Leatherface.
I´ve tried Insidous Leatherface a few times. But it is utterly boring. Like running in circles boring. Yeah it´s a tactic, but i would fall asleep if i tried to do this consistently.
Of course there are toxic killers. I never claimed there aren´t. Toxic behavior breeds more toxic behavior. A survivor who plays toxic and bullies a killer might do it, because he a killer was toxic to him in a previous match, and that killer might have been toxic because another survivor was toxic to him in another match, etc.
Some are toxic because they are bored or get bullied in their work/school environment. Then they are toxic on the internet to compensate or make others suffer. This spreads like cancer.
Devs really need to do something regarding the overall toxic behavior of players.
I don't know how often you play as a survivor, but i've seen MANY killers running BBQ and still camp really hard.
if they camp the hook, it's their problem. There is also PGTW, OC to do something with gens, so there are options.
BBQ is for them sweet points ma man/woman.
Yes, but @Tsulan used that perk as an example, that's why i mentioned it.
The solution for facecamping has been implemented several months ago. It is called unhooking from all angles and removes the possibility to facecamp anymore
And the killer only gets those sweet points if he hooks everyone once.
It has become increasingly hard to see survivors with BBQ. Partly because survivors finally hide behind gens, partly because the aura reading was nerfed on survivor demand. So i´m not really sure what survivors want. They want the killer to leave the hook, but don´t want him to come to them.
They want to be able to loop a killer for 5 gens, but don´t like the idea that he comes right to them after hooking someone else.
It´s really confusing.
And yes, i also hide from BBQ. But i don´t complain about camping or BBQ being OP.
They want to bully and humiliate the killer into being powerless .
I've never complained about BBQ as far as i know, like many other survivor mains. (not saying others don't)
I like this idea of a health meter that drains slower when the killer is closer to the hook
Everyone did, until it was actually implemented and abused by the Survivors. This is why we can't have nice things.
Way to prone to abuse survivors can jump on gens that are close to a hook person this means the killer will be inclined to leave the area and survivors can stick close to areas with hooked person only pulling them off the hook before they hit death hook.If the killer sticks around hes punished for hunting prey close by that is not fair at all.
Just bring anti camping perks like "Borrowed Time, Kindred, Make your Choice, and BBQ and Chili"
Perhaps make an exception for active chases?
I've noticed that sometimes. The chase breaks when a survivor goes behind a car for 1 second. It's rather dumb.
A perk might work though. I literally just thought of the idea while posting this - they could add a perk called Entity’s Favor for Survivors. Basically the perk applies the blindness effect to killers if they are too close to the Survivor that is hooked assuming they have the perk equipped. The additional ranks would improve the range of the effect.
Hopefully you guys like the idea. It would help prevent camping and tunneling unhooked Survivors as it encourages Killers to go after other Survivors.
Why should the Killer be forced to play in a sub-optimal way just because you can't handle losing?
Camping is sub-optimal way -_-
there are only small number of build where camping actually helps. Otherwise Camping from first hook actually hinders killers ability to win.
Camping is only sub-optimal if the Survivors don't feed. In any case, that just makes it worse - why should a sub-optimal play be made even shittier?
Just stop saying anything your only giving them more of a reason to camp.
Camping is only sub-optimal if survivors dont fall for the bait and do gens, otherwise its an insanely good strategy that can get you lots of kills very fast
Would also work when the exit gates are open, therefore if all 4 survivors run it an open the exit gates then a 4 escape is nearly guaranteed
Just remove the killers face. GG EZ