Devs, three weeks from PTB, and yet NO changes for Deathslinger?

Devs, every killers got changes from PTB to live game, and yet nothing for Deathslinger besides minor things, despite 3 weeks of work? And no, he's not fine and has many flaws.

Just a question, do you all even read the feedbacks? No offense, but I seriously doubt it. Or you all are still "monitoring" his performance, like you did with nurse, legion or other killers?

I kind of find it hard to believe. I expected major changes to him since you guys took 3 weeks for this patch. Guess i was wrong... i have lost my faith on you guys..

Comments

  • Guess what? I kind of predicted they'll mess this up. Remember last time they delayed the halloween patch? It was nurse rework, and we all know what happened.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    Devs, every killers got changes from PTB to live game, and yet nothing for Deathslinger besides minor things, despite 3 weeks of work? And no, he's not fine and has many flaws.

    Just a question, do you all even read the feedbacks? No offense, but I seriously doubt it. Or you all are still "monitoring" his performance, like you did with nurse, legion or other killers?

    I kind of find it hard to believe. I expected major changes to him since you guys took 3 weeks for this patch. Guess i was wrong... i have lost my faith on you guys..

    Man, I just want to be a goddamn cowboy. Why do the devs ruin everything?

  • why do you think deathslinger needs any changes? he's fine.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    Devs, every killers got changes from PTB to live game, and yet nothing for Deathslinger besides minor things, despite 3 weeks of work? And no, he's not fine and has many flaws.

    Just a question, do you all even read the feedbacks? No offense, but I seriously doubt it. Or you all are still "monitoring" his performance, like you did with nurse, legion or other killers?

    I kind of find it hard to believe. I expected major changes to him since you guys took 3 weeks for this patch. Guess i was wrong... i have lost my faith on you guys..

    Did they at least fix the spear issue? Please tell me they fixed the spear issue.

  • @toxicmegg said:

    why do you think deathslinger needs any changes? he's fine.

    No he's not. They need to either increase his base movement speed to 115% or increase the range of his weapon. His ability isn't strong enough to justify having a base movement speed of 110% atm.

  • @toxicmegg said:

    why do you think deathslinger needs any changes? he's fine.

    A range killer with limited range is fine for a 110% killer? I don't think so.

  • @MoonlightGreatsword said:

    No need for predictions amigo, we knew this would happen

    First few years they did so much to fix the game and make it better. Did they lock McCote in a closet and replace him with an evil clone? the devs that removed pallet vacuum, removed infinities, made playing killer fun, got rid of some BS things killers had to not break the game for survivors (insta moris, ######### Legion...). Now, all of this? Dear god I wish i could go back

    It looks like the longer they take for the patch, the worse the update will be.

  • he'll be fun to endlessly bully for the survivors. i hope he yells "TARNATION!" every-time his chain gets broken easily by the SWF team.

  • @Peasant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/135984/devs-three-weeks-from-ptb-and-yet-no-changes-for-deathslinger

    Did they at least fix the spear issue? Please tell me they fixed the spear issue.

    You mean the spear going through survivior models?

    Obviously not, that would require fixing hitboxes, and "DBD is not a precision based game"

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1148811#Comment_1148811

    You mean the spear goimg through survivior models?

    Obviously not, that would require fixing hitboxes, and "DBD is not a precision based game"

    Not even that. I mean the one where the spear doesn't fire from the gun and fires out the side of it.

  • BHVR: "You thought we would buff him? Hahahaha get ######### killer main"

  • I have already spent the shards that I have been saving for the deathslinger in a skin for Ace lol. My main when I play survivor.

  • @toxicmegg said:

    why do you think deathslinger needs any changes? he's fine.

    No he's actually in a bad position. 18 meter range on his chain with a 110 movement speed or 4.4 MS is bad I dont mind a decent range, but that is way to short. His upper tier addons are like usual mostly useless. Currently the justifications between how slow he is and the limited range is bad like really bad. Not only that his animations feels clunky making him feels even slower. Though with how buggy DBD is I wouldn't be surprised if he was.


    Any time I see you post it's quite literally too say a killer is fine when they obviously are not.

  • First dlc I didn't buy right away, looks like we made the right call that they wouldn't help him after ptb

  • Don't you just love strolling at 110% from one end of the red forest to the other ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1148803#Comment_1148803

    No he's actually in a bad position. 18 meter range on his chain with a 110 movement speed or 4.4 MS is bad I dont mind a decent range, but that is way to short. His upper tier addons are like usual mostly useless. Currently the justifications between how slow he is and the limited range is bad like really bad. Not only that his animations feels clunky making him feels even slower. Though with how buggy DBD is I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

    Any time I see you post it's quite literally too say a killer is fine when they obviously are not.

    it's just my opinion. i've tried him out and saw he isn't as bad as some people claim. the only thing he needs (in my opinion) is his movement speed to be increased to normal, otherwise he's fine.

    and yes i think most killers are fine, the legion being an exception. obviously some add ons could use looking into but that's it.

  • i honestly dont think they play their own game, if they do they play rank 20s and call it a day

  • @OmegaXII said:

    Devs, every killers got changes from PTB to live game, and yet nothing for Deathslinger besides minor things, despite 3 weeks of work? And no, he's not fine and has many flaws.

    Just a question, do you all even read the feedbacks? No offense, but I seriously doubt it. Or you all are still "monitoring" his performance, like you did with nurse, legion or other killers?

    I kind of find it hard to believe. I expected major changes to him since you guys took 3 weeks for this patch. Guess i was wrong... i have lost my faith on you guys..

    They barely listen to community feedback, ever. They haven't listened to feedback about Bubba, Pig, Spirit, and they also haven't listened to any feedback at all about the maps and gen speed.


    They haven't demonstrated that they listen to or care at all what the community thinks. They don't fix major balance issues that have existed for months or years. And now that they haven't listened to community feedback regarding this killer, some people are still acting surprised. This is the exact reason people have cause to say bhvr only views this game as a cash cow. They just do such a bad job most of the time, regarding balance and feedback.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1148803#Comment_1148803

    No he's actually in a bad position. 18 meter range on his chain with a 110 movement speed or 4.4 MS is bad I dont mind a decent range, but that is way to short. His upper tier addons are like usual mostly useless. Currently the justifications between how slow he is and the limited range is bad like really bad. Not only that his animations feels clunky making him feels even slower. Though with how buggy DBD is I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

    Any time I see you post it's quite literally too say a killer is fine when they obviously are not.

    Typical survivor main, the idea of balance is a m1 115 killer with 0 perks and all survs escaping

  • @InTheBushes321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/135984/devs-three-weeks-from-ptb-and-yet-no-changes-for-deathslinger

    They barely listen to community feedback, ever. They haven't listened to feedback about Bubba, Pig, Spirit, and they also haven't listened to any feedback at all about the maps and gen speed.

    They haven't demonstrated that they listen to or care at all what the community thinks. They don't fix major balance issues that have existed for months or years. And now that they haven't listened to community feedback regarding this killer, some people are still acting surprised. This is the exact reason people have cause to say bhvr only views this game as a cash cow. They just do such a bad job most of the time, regarding balance and feedback.

    Thankfully. The community's feedback is, by and large, terrible. This thread alone is a grand tour of awful takes, honestly.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1148803#Comment_1148803

    A range killer with limited range is fine for a 110% killer? I don't think so.

    I think if they are gonna increase his movement speed, then they will need to increase his terror radius due to a consistency I guess, and I think having bigger terror radius would hinder him a lot, if they increase his movement speed I think 24 meter terror radius should stay.

    Or just buff his harpoon gun a lot to be worthy of 110% movement speed.

  • @Science_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1151614#Comment_1151614

    Thankfully. The community's feedback is, by and large, terrible. This thread alone is a grand tour of awful takes, honestly.

    Good thing the devs match it with equally terrible balancing. Maybe the community has bad feedback a lot, but the balance is still terrible, and the game is still buggy as hell.

  • @toxicmegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1151570#Comment_1151570

    it's just my opinion. i've tried him out and saw he isn't as bad as some people claim. the only thing he needs (in my opinion) is his movement speed to be increased to normal, otherwise he's fine.

    and yes i think most killers are fine, the legion being an exception. obviously some add ons could use looking into but that's it.

    Not as bad no, but he needs minor tweaks and a chain that's longer is definitely one of them. I would say if his chains increased he would be fine. Also the vaulting as the chain hits you at windows is annoying.

    Majority of killers need QoL changes, small tweaks, and addon changes. Very few killers are actually "fine" I just don't see a point in changing any killers until maps are reworked.

    @hex_genrush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1151570#Comment_1151570

    Typical survivor main, the idea of balance is a m1 115 killer with 0 perks and all survs escaping

    Problem is a lot of people play one side more and don't see the issues of the other. It creates a small divide. In the same day by the same person I have been called both a survivor main and a killer main.

    People just dont like different opinions.