Clown "WAY TO FAST"

I just got done with a match playing against the clown killer. It's bad enough that his gas if you get hit by it slows you down, but he's so incredibly fast that I believe the only character faster than him would be the hillbilly when he's using his chainsaw Sprint... It's ridiculous. The killer while chasing after me knocked me down even though he had about 5 ft to go to round a wall and turn 180 degrees and go another five feet to hit me... Like really??? It's like trying to outrun an F1 car while riding a tricycle... If nothing else his top-end needs to be curbed.

Comments

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1132723#Comment_1132723

    Honestly im convinced this whole thing is bait after reading this but I'll fall for it anyway.

    Killers have 2 movement speeds (excluding nurse) - 4.6m/s and 4.4m/s, also known as 115% and 110%. Survivors run at 4m/s, hence the percents.

    Clown, trapper, hillbilly, leatherface, a lot of killers are the exact same movement speed of 115, the only ones that aren't being hag, spirit, huntress, deathslinger, and nurse, all of whom are 110 except nurse at 96.

    So, uh, sorry to break this to you mate, but clown is no faster than any other killer in the game. He can slow you down in a chase? Cool, he can't traverse the map so good luck defending gens even if the team is pepega.

    I hate this phrase, but legitimately the only thing you can do is to just get good. He's known as (one of the) weakest killers in the game for a good reason, so literally just learn to play.

    Im lvl 4 survivor... I know how to play, so that don't factor.they maybe set speeds but IDK maybe with some of the perks from other killers effect him in a glitched out way to make him overly fast... All I know is that it was way excessive. I was literally running one of the jungle gyms through two windows. He hit me going through the first window, jumped the second window turned left and he was coming around the right. Had to run the long wall which was that long and cought up and downed me all withing 10 seconds......... Please tell me how that's not over powered??? Granted I've never had that much issue before, despite him being a fast killer as he is.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1132762#Comment_1132762

    Can you just stop pretending like you have any clue about the game at all? You are a noob that has no basic understanding, you don't even know the movementspeed for the killers, clown shares the default ms of 115 which most killers do, trapper too. The fact that you just run in a straight line cause you have no clue on what to do as a rank 15 doesn't mean that there are adjustments needed but that you need to learn how to play the game and git gud.

    Insanely fast Trapper dude 115 OP plZT nerF, me not noob nononono! You don't even understand that there is a mechanic called bloodlust which increases the movement speed of killers, the longer they chase a single survivor without getting a hit or breaking a pallet. Do you even know why this mechanic exists? Yeah cause maps are so busted that you could run killers forever without it.

    Go ahead stream, I wanna see your killergameplay on r1, just remember wraith without anything since he is so OP, in fact make it 50/50 clown / wraith all 4ks since it is just so OP, insane fast dude.

    Doctor is excessive... Cant hide from him if you get buzzed at all because of his illusionary cameos which allow him to know where your at for 8 seconds, can't drop pallets if hit with shock, can't vault windows when hit with shock, illusional pallets, fast, can't heal yourself, power generators, cleanse totems, power gates, or mend till you snap out of it, constantly scream alerting him to your location when hooking someone or ifflicted bad enough but not enough to be able to initiate snapping out of it... And he's fast!!!! Come On!!! I'm not saying it should be easy but Christ it shouldnt be completely impossible. I've played as doctor; it's easy, as is most every killer and I don't even spend blood point on them. And I'm not saying every killer is OP... Nurse sucks, death slinger is probably too slow by just a bit.... Point is that it should be a challenge for killers not just survivors to have spectacular games, but everything is so stacked for the killer, and all of you want to argue that every killer is weak so you can keep your "OP feel good about yourself blood point factory" and not even break a sweat...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1153552#Comment_1153552

    You just must be terribly unlucky. My meaning being that you must be being faced against one of the very very few Clown mains that actually know what they’re doing, and how to use Clown to proper devastating effect. There aren’t many of us. I’m guessing you have the privilege (and frustration) of finally meeting one of us.

    Most think Clown is weak. Mostly by those that can’t use him properly, or survivors that go against a Clown player that don’t know how to use him properly. I guess you have learned the hard way that he isn’t weak at all. Not even close to being weak.

    I have a lot of respect for mains of off-brand or what the community would consider "mid-tier" or worse killers. Anybody actually playing Clown optimally deserves a medal for actually making that walking gut worthwhile. I feel the same way about my legion, can't help but get defensive when someone claims they are low-tier killers when they carried me from Rank 5 to Rank 1.

  • Is this a Nerf Clown thread?

    good luck

  • @AlightBULLDOG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1132813#Comment_1132813

    Im lvl 4 survivor... I know how to play, so that don't factor.they maybe set speeds but IDK maybe with some of the perks from other killers effect him in a glitched out way to make him overly fast... All I know is that it was way excessive. I was literally running one of the jungle gyms through two windows. He hit me going through the first window, jumped the second window turned left and he was coming around the right. Had to run the long wall which was that long and cought up and downed me all withing 10 seconds......... Please tell me how that's not over powered??? Granted I've never had that much issue before, despite him being a fast killer as he is.

    Sis please.

    Perks from other killers would at most give him a 44% attack recovery rate, and then movement speel of +10% for a 125% speed. Okay, that could be what's happened here. Combine that with gas slowdown and yeah, it can be annoying.

    But then here's the solution. Do gens.

    He has now dedicated 2 perks to chasing someone and that person cannot be the obsession. He has now lost 2 perks for slowing down generators, which is his major, major fatal flaw. If you go down, take the hook time, come off, get healed, and do gens. Clown is very easy to play.

    In a chase, find filler pallets, and drop them like they're hot. If a clown commits to you for a long time while you have a bunch of pallets to waste, then those gens are gonna f l y.

    Maybe try playing as clown sometime, then you'll see how he isn't actually op at all. Same with doc.

    And boy if you think doc is bad, let me tell you about freddy.

  • @AlightBULLDOG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1133035#Comment_1133035

    Doctor is excessive... Cant hide from him if you get buzzed at all because of his illusionary cameos which allow him to know where your at for 8 seconds, can't drop pallets if hit with shock, can't vault windows when hit with shock, illusional pallets, fast, can't heal yourself, power generators, cleanse totems, power gates, or mend till you snap out of it, constantly scream alerting him to your location when hooking someone or ifflicted bad enough but not enough to be able to initiate snapping out of it... And he's fast!!!! Come On!!! I'm not saying it should be easy but Christ it shouldnt be completely impossible. I've played as doctor; it's easy, as is most every killer and I don't even spend blood point on them. And I'm not saying every killer is OP... Nurse sucks, death slinger is probably too slow by just a bit.... Point is that it should be a challenge for killers not just survivors to have spectacular games, but everything is so stacked for the killer, and all of you want to argue that every killer is weak so you can keep your "OP feel good about yourself blood point factory" and not even break a sweat...

    Yeah doing some dailies is not the same as playing killer against survivors. By the examples that you gave old freddy woulda been the ######### but instead he was just ######### for most people as people didn't understand how to mindgame with him ( old freddy had perma aura reading when survivor was dragged into the dream world outside of his tr).

    Doctor can still be looped as can most m1 killers, just need to know how. Obviously you don`t thus my recommendation is that you play him until you meet people how show you how.

  • @AlightBULLDOG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1132813#Comment_1132813

    Im lvl 4 survivor... I know how to play, so that don't factor.they maybe set speeds but IDK maybe with some of the perks from other killers effect him in a glitched out way to make him overly fast... All I know is that it was way excessive. I was literally running one of the jungle gyms through two windows. He hit me going through the first window, jumped the second window turned left and he was coming around the right. Had to run the long wall which was that long and cought up and downed me all withing 10 seconds......... Please tell me how that's not over powered??? Granted I've never had that much issue before, despite him being a fast killer as he is.

    I really, really don't want to be rude but if you mean Rank 4 with Level 4 than you should have known that Clown has the basic movementspeed and should have paid attention to his perks, so that you could give more than a speculation on what happened.

    As others mentioned, pwyf is a think, lag too and movementspeed-bugs are also something, that happens occasionally (Nurse for example), but without a screenshot of the Postgame-Lobby and a video of the game we can't know if you are complaining about normal movementspeed or not.

    That being said, I'm pretty sure that L- and T-Walls are relativly useless against a good Clown, because his gas always forces a medium vault. It also makes him a little bit harder to see so it is easier to get mindgamed. As others mentioned, if he chased you for a while and didn't break a pallet he had bloodlust, which makes him faster. So for me it doesn't sound unrealistic that you got downed fast in that scenario.

    And another thing I'd like to add: Being a red rank survivor doesn't mean you know all about the game, I have encountered red rank survs, that thought lockeres protect them against old freddy and more recently against Legion's Killer instinct.

  • @BulletsNonstop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1132656#Comment_1132656

    You guys say once you “learn” killers. Okay I have learned that a perk does indeed counter. But it’s not like I get to see what killer I’m going up against to put that perk on before the match starts. AND it’s not like I can adjust my playstyle accordingly once the match has started if the counter is a specific perk. Like all killers one knows to keep your distance. That’s not really learning anything new. Killers are all super fast regardless of who it is. They all have some ability or speed that make them equally as frustrating as the other to go on chases with. Trapper is REALLY fast lmao I can’t believe you made him sound like he has standRd speed. NO HES REALLY FAST actually. It’s almost not even fun. I’m sorry but these killers got a big helping hand the last patch and survivors need their buff in terms of chase survivability. Because I don’t have fun going on chases with these same few killers over and over because people know their good. Killer mains complain over and over and it’s sickening. 4/5 people you play against as killer are REAL people too that are also customers. It’s not about YOU getting your 4K every game. Several hooks and a kill or two sounds about right . That’s ideal. But how short I see people go on runs with killers nahhhh I’d rather quit too.

    Wdym trapper has the same speed as everyone. outside of nurse everyone either moves at 110% or 115% depending on terror radius killers have to be faster than survivors otherwise every loop would be infinite

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1153688#Comment_1153688

    That won’t happen.

    He needs some teeny tiny buffs.

    But he’s not weak. Far from it. He’s quite oppressive in skilled hands.

    Any killer is good in “skilled hands”

    that doesn’t make them good, spirit and billy are good while clown is at the bottom Of the barrel with legion

  • @BulletsNonstop said:

    One hit knocks need to disappear man. As if speed and ranged abilities werent enough (Both melee and throwable - yes melee being ranged ability because the swing gives you a slight auto aim speed boost Where you lunge at me? Please get this out of the game 😂) I don’t agree with the stuff killer can get away with. I really liked this game and if killers aren’t having fun with all they have at their disposal then I don’t know what to tell you. Have fun with all the rank 1s lol. Don’t shun new players. You guys should be welcoming them. Solo survs and whatnot. Thirsty killers that wanna have their way is all I see. And I don’t have fun getting put down in one hit nor do I have fun getting less than my 3 hooks a game. Because that means I’m coming out of the match with 5-10K and that’s unacceptable. I spent my time and money on the game too.

    "Slight auto speed boost"

    You mean when they...lunge? Which is pretty easily exained?

  • Ffs if you can spell get off the internet

  • @AlightBULLDOG said:

    I just got done with a match playing against the clown killer. It's bad enough that his gas if you get hit by it slows you down, but he's so incredibly fast that I believe the only character faster than him would be the hillbilly when he's using his chainsaw Sprint... It's ridiculous. The killer while chasing after me knocked me down even though he had about 5 ft to go to round a wall and turn 180 degrees and go another five feet to hit me... Like really??? It's like trying to outrun an F1 car while riding a tricycle... If nothing else his top-end needs to be curbed.

    Spoken like a true noob. Clown and Bubba share the bottom rung of the killer ladder so everyone is going to ignore your opinion. Drop pallets early and learn to look behind you. Git gud scrub.

  • Sorry but you're crying about the worst killer in the game who moves at the same speed as almost every other killer in the game (115%)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1154201#Comment_1154201

    “Any killer is good in skilled hands”

    Ergo there aren’t any bad killers.

    There are just killers that are more misunderstood by the majority than others.

    Clown being the absolute best example of this.

    If there were a way I could personally view all other players using Clown, i’d bet money that most of them aren’t using him properly.

    I don't know, I feel the "people don't know how to play him"-Argument is a little weak for a killer that has been in the game for 2 years.

    Also, in the stats from may 2019 he had the second lowest killrare on PC (don't know if he is significally better on console or other killers are just worse) and in the stats from November 2019 is was the third lowest for all ranks and the lowest for high ranks. I don't play clown unless I have too, so my personal experience doesn't matter but I just don't believe that an (almost) 2 year old charakter has such bad stats because most people didn't learn how to play him in that time.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1154201#Comment_1154201

    “Any killer is good in skilled hands”

    Ergo there aren’t any bad killers.

    There are just killers that are more misunderstood by the majority than others.

    Clown being the absolute best example of this.

    If there were a way I could personally view all other players using Clown, i’d bet money that most of them aren’t using him properly.

    That’s not how that argument works at all lmfao

    taking the very extreme players who can make clown work does not mean he is somehow good. He is an M1 killer who’s power does nearly nothing for him and can get looped without any effort.

    It’s like classic WoW, you can make Ret Paladin WORK under very specific circumstances and if you are very knowledgeable on it, but it is still one the worst specs in the game.

    saying “there are no bad killers” is objectively wrong and if you really believe that then I’m inclined to believe you don’t have as much knowledge on this game as you think.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1153688#Comment_1153688

    That won’t happen.

    He needs some teeny tiny buffs.

    But he’s not weak. Far from it. He’s quite oppressive in skilled hands.

    I don't know if you mean he's good in a 1v1, but a 1v1 won't win you a game in the long term. Also it's good to see that you have so much confidence in playing clown but i don't think you know what to think about him in the first place. I saw many of your posts or threads about him and you changed your mind very often. Don't get me wrong that's not bad or me trying to be offensive, but i think you agree with us that he needs more than small changes. Also having him getting some buffs/ a rework will benefit us all, doesn't matter if you mastered him or not.

  • Clown's strength is entirely in his ability to end chases really fast. But he lacks any form of map pressure. This means that as long as every survivor is doing their part (AKA on gens when someone else is being chased) then the clown, unless he's really good or lucky, will end up with a 0-2k.

    The best advice I can offer you when it comes to looping Clown is to just thrown down pallets early and just keep distance. There are some jungle gyms you can loop him on but it's very difficult and its best to make it look like you're gonna loop him and leave once he throws a bottle down to try and catch you. A good example of this is at shack. Assuming you're inside and the clown is outside facing the window, a good clown will toss a bottle through the window (Easy to dodge) and will proceed to go to the side with the pallet in hopes you drop it or will throw a bottle at it so that you can't loop him there. THat's your queue to just leave quickly through the other exit and make more distance. If you're injured though and don't run Iron Will then just do your best to distract him as long as possible at the loop.

  • @Orionbash said:

    Clown's strength is entirely in his ability to end chases really fast. But he lacks any form of map pressure. This means that as long as every survivor is doing their part (AKA on gens when someone else is being chased) then the clown, unless he's really good or lucky, will end up with a 0-2k.

    The best advice I can offer you when it comes to looping Clown is to just thrown down pallets early and just keep distance. There are some jungle gyms you can loop him on but it's very difficult and its best to make it look like you're gonna loop him and leave once he throws a bottle down to try and catch you. A good example of this is at shack. Assuming you're inside and the clown is outside facing the window, a good clown will toss a bottle through the window (Easy to dodge) and will proceed to go to the side with the pallet in hopes you drop it or will throw a bottle at it so that you can't loop him there. THat's your queue to just leave quickly through the other exit and make more distance. If you're injured though and don't run Iron Will then just do your best to distract him as long as possible at the loop.

    While yes the bottle for the most part is easy to dodge, and I know how to use pallets well. So while it's sound advice I already know these things.

  • We have something in common then. When i see clown he s always seem faster. Probably his animation.

1 2 ›