Are the devs testing cross play?

There have been several videos going around of PC Killers playing against Console survivors. recently ScottJund released a video talking about it and I found it really interesting.

Would love to see a dev answer this .

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1128886#Comment_1128886

    Except all the games I've played have cross play enabled by default so if I turn mine off it will only increase que times. Not alot of people on any of 3 consoles want cross-play any time soon so enabling cross would only benefit pc players who want easier games. Also alot of games I've played that have cross-play even when you turn it off you still get qued with pc people & ximmers.

    Most of the posts in the past asking for crossplay were from console players.

    While it may increase queue times without it active it won't matter as much having it on since the new system is looking to match you with those of equal ability regardless of platform.

    I could understand with the current ranking/matmaking as it could make it harder to rank up for some. It's not about easier games as its all changing on who you are matched with.

    This is the only reason I am ok with it now as before I was against it.

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1128577#Comment_1128577

    No, you're wrong, it would be the best thing to happen to this game since queue times would be practically nonexistent.

    🤣🤣🤣

  • I know that some of you PC players are getting a little scared at the prospect of playing console players. Don't worry, we'll go easy on you. 😉

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1128644#Comment_1128644

    and who are you to speak for the ps4 players that want faster que times even if its with pc players?

    @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1128577#Comment_1128577

    No, you're wrong, it would be the best thing to happen to this game since queue times would be practically nonexistent.

    Why are people so sure this would solve the queue time issues? If there’s a shortage of players on one side there will still be a wait.

    Are you saying you think survivors outnumber killers in PC but PS is the opposite so it will even out?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1128644#Comment_1128644

    and who are you to speak for the ps4 players that want faster que times even if its with pc players?

    I'd rather wait an extra minute to find a game that is fair than to find a game where I am at a significant disadvantage solely because of the platform I'm playing on. If they managed to fix the FPS and controller limitations as a killer, sure, I'm all for cross play. But until then, I'd rather play the game knowing I have a fair chance in every game I play.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1128649#Comment_1128649

    I'd rather wait an extra minute to find a game that is fair than to find a game where I am at a significant disadvantage solely because of the platform I'm playing on. If they managed to fix the FPS and controller limitations as a killer, sure, I'm all for cross play. But until then, I'd rather play the game knowing I have a fair chance in every game I play.

    You aren't really at a disadvantage on console. Yes killer is harder with a controller but you won't be versing another killer so it shouldn't matter. Mouse and keyboard survivors are arguably the ones at a disadvantage compared to survivors on controller.

    Console survivors will be in for a shock when they verse the two worst killers in the game though - Nurse and Huntress.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1133173#Comment_1133173

    You aren't really at a disadvantage on console. Yes killer is harder with a controller but you won't be versing another killer so it shouldn't matter. Mouse and keyboard survivors are arguably the ones at a disadvantage compared to survivors on controller.

    Console survivors will be in for a shock when they verse the two worst killers in the game though - Nurse and Huntress.

    Being consistently near 15-20FPS is a huge disadvantage on it's own. But once you consider how limited the sensitivity is and pair it with the crappy FPS, it becomes a massive disadvantage. So much so that sometimes it's difficult to even land a simple swing. Console survivors would still be at a disadvantage due to the frames too. Console can't even reach what a somewhat decent PC can. I can at least play killer and know my opponent is operating the game roughly the same as I am, which at least makes the game more fair. Like I said, if they were to improve these aspects, there would be no downside.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1133173#Comment_1133173

    You aren't really at a disadvantage on console. Yes killer is harder with a controller but you won't be versing another killer so it shouldn't matter. Mouse and keyboard survivors are arguably the ones at a disadvantage compared to survivors on controller.

    Console survivors will be in for a shock when they verse the two worst killers in the game though - Nurse and Huntress.

    Nurse and huntress the worst killers? Since when? Have i missed something?

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1133192#Comment_1133192

    Being consistently near 15-20FPS is a huge disadvantage on it's own. But once you consider how limited the sensitivity is and pair it with the crappy FPS, it becomes a massive disadvantage. So much so that sometimes it's difficult to even land a simple swing. Console survivors would still be at a disadvantage due to the frames too. Console can't even reach what a somewhat decent PC can. I can at least play killer and know my opponent is operating the game roughly the same as I am, which at least makes the game more fair. Like I said, if they were to improve these aspects, there would be no downside.

    I think it only matters if you are directly comparing yourself to other killers as killer and other survivors as survivor. On console we a definitely more likely to lose a survivor because of the framerate. But that will be the case whatever format our opponent is on.

    I can play DBD on my laptop at a far higher frame-rate on Ultra than my PS4 Pro can manage. It makes no sense when you see how beautiful PS4 God of War is in 4K AND with a decent frame-rate.

  • @Realx128 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1133192#Comment_1133192

    Nurse and huntress the worst killers? Since when? Have i missed something?

    Yes you did, on console we are used to these killers being a pushover. Although there are some really good console Nurse and Huntress players, usually you hear the scream or the humming and can expect a nice easy game against somebody who is just doing a daily.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1133204#Comment_1133204

    I think it only matters if you are directly comparing yourself to other killers as killer and other survivors as survivor. On console we a definitely more likely to lose a survivor because of the framerate. But that will be the case whatever format our opponent is on.

    I can play DBD on my laptop at a far higher frame-rate on Ultra than my PS4 Pro can manage. It makes no sense when you see how beautiful PS4 God of War is in 4K AND with a decent frame-rate.

    The reason I think it matters is because of how killer is so reliant on time. And when framerates screw you out of hits and cost you valuable time, there isn't any time where that will happen to the other side. At least if you lose a hit as a killer on Ps4, the survivor will likely give you one at some point in the match due to their framerate. And 360'ing the killer on console would be a huge issue considering the ability to spin far faster on PC.

    I just don't get how at this stage of the game that these are even issues. They should have been sorted out a long long time ago. There's no excuse for this game to not run at least 35-40 frames consistently.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1133210#Comment_1133210

    Yes you did, on console we are used to these killers being a pushover. Although there are some really good console Nurse and Huntress players, usually you hear the scream or the humming and can expect a nice easy game against somebody who is just doing a daily.

    Soo... nurse and huntress are the worst killers cause someone just picked them up and do terrible? That's the same case with any other killer. I could say that spirit is the worst cause people that just play her for dailies get looped for days and i am 100% correct going by your logic.

  • @Realx128 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1133213#Comment_1133213

    Soo... nurse and huntress are the worst killers cause someone just picked them up and do terrible? That's the same case with any other killer. I could say that spirit is the worst cause people that just play her for dailies get looped for days and i am 100% correct going by your logic.

    I don't know what you mean but Nurse and Huntress require precise controls. Spirit does not.

    I'm sure there were some stats that reflected this where both were further down in the table than PC players would have expected but it wasn't really important to the point that I was making - In my opinion, console players will not be used to god-tier Huntresses and Nurses because on console, they do not perform so well.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1133235#Comment_1133235

    I don't know what you mean but Nurse and Huntress require precise controls. Spirit does not.

    I'm sure there were some stats that reflected this where both were further down in the table than PC players would have expected but it wasn't really important to the point that I was making - In my opinion, console players will not be used to god-tier Huntresses and Nurses because on console, they do not perform so well.

    well if cross play comes with cross progression if you have a pc and console you could just play deathslinger Nurse and Huntress there. (But i have met a few people on console that play huntress and nurse and the nurse literally downed all of us with near perfect blinks and the huntress had the tracking of a god. So i wouldn't count console killers out.

  • @toxcitynacl said:

    I am more concerned with the competency of those who would make this happen, but there is the fact that various aspects are easier on PC from what I've been lead to believe.

    I like how you just try to protect your nonsense. You can toggle it on and off already between microsoft and steam so that would be no problem to use it between console and pc players.

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1128577#Comment_1128577

    No, you're wrong, it would be the best thing to happen to this game since queue times would be practically nonexistent.

    I have to disagree. What would actually happen is that the console players all quit because they are getting bullied by pc players. Console isn't even optimized yet. Also with the current state of the game it isn't ready for crossplay. Bugs are still rampant and even though the new balance changes are a step in the right direction there is a long way to go.

  • That's pretty racist dude.

  • @Kongtwenty12 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1128581#Comment_1128581

    I have to disagree. What would actually happen is that the console players all quit because they are getting bullied by pc players. Console isn't even optimized yet. Also with the current state of the game it isn't ready for crossplay. Bugs are still rampant and even though the new balance changes are a step in the right direction there is a long way to go.

    You can turn off crossplay in the settings. If you don't want to play with PC players, turn it off. I want to play with my console friends, damnit.

  • Funny story, a friend of mine bought the game for Xbox because he saw that Dead by Daylight just got "Cross Platform", but it was when they declared "Dead by Daylight is now Cross Platform!" when they added Windows Shop users to the same servers as Steam players.

    Yeah I would really like real cross platform after that stunt.

  • Since he described the user name as showing up as a bunch of squares that typically means the user name was not displaying the Hanzi correctly and I said probably I suppose he could have been Russian as well and I am sure you are aware that is a great deal of hacking that comes out of China--the Meg in Puppers "Hacker Off" for example was 100% Chinese and just so you are aware, China isn't a race. If someone said "He is probably American" would that be racist as well? Pretty sure you don't actually understand the accurate definition of that word. Reminds me of the time this poor soul told me that the Chinese were racists because they don't like peasants--a social class is now a race...wow who knew?

  • @toxcitynacl said:

    Yeah and you'd have people on PCs crushing people on console...oh the joy. I'd much rather wait for 10 minutes and not have to face some sweaty guy on a PC. Puppers said it best I think on this...not only no, but HELL NO.

    And seeing how buggy the game is now on both sides and knowing the current skill set of the developers how well do you think a cross-over game between platforms would work? In case you weren't aware, the dedicated servers on Xbox for example had to be taken down. The current problems with the game would seem like a well oiled machine compared to the FUBAR a crossover would be.

    Survivor with controller is actually easier to control than survivor on keyboard, so no, that's false.

    Killers will be better which means I finally get to go up against competent Nurses and Huntresses. Oni will also be a bit better.

    Otherwise, nope. We'll all be fine.

  • I don't want cross play cuz I don't want to go against a bunch of sweaty PC survivors. I like my casual survivors on PS4 it's always fun

  • I don't think crossplay would be bad in a game like this. The biggest advantage I think PC players would have is the frame rates for killers like nurse. However, I don't see how it would fix lobby times. If survivors on PC are waiting 10 minutes for a match, survivors on ps4 are waiting 10 minutes for a match, and survivors on xbox are waiting 10 minutes for a match, how is combining everyone going to shorten that wait?

  • If it does, I'm leaving. I'm not gonna play PS4, that has less framerate and plays worse than PC, against PC. I don't want an unfair advantage. They better make it optional or alot of console players will leave

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    As long as its optional i dont see an issue. While I feel PC players will have an advantage playing as killer those who wish too can simply uncheck the cross play option and can play only with the platforms they choose too.

    Making cross play optional is definitely needed. All I want from this honestly though, is my old account on another platform 😂😭 I miss it so much

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1128577#Comment_1128577

    No, you're wrong, it would be the best thing to happen to this game since queue times would be practically nonexistent.

    Not to mention my son and I could play together. Looking forward to it.

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1128659#Comment_1128659

    that is what I'm worried about , as a ps4 player, playing against a PC killer such as billy, oni, nurse or huntress would be horrible.

    if they do make cross play then I would hope it wouldnt be forced , it would be nice if you could toggle it off and on.

    So you're worried about playing against people who are good at the game with good killers..... oof

    You know that these killers can still do well, not how pc does, but still does great

  • I don't see an issue with cross play and would be really excited if it got implemented:

    • Console survivors wont be at a disadvantage, because survivor movement on a joystic is pretty much as good as on k&m
    • Console killers won't be at a disadvantage, because of the reason above - they shouldn't really see any difference between k&m survivors and console survivors
    • k&m survivors should see slightly easier games, because killer controls are jankier on console
    • k&m killers should not see any difference in the quality of survivors they face
  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1128820#Comment_1128820

    So you're worried about playing against people who are good at the game with good killers..... oof

    You know that these killers can still do well, not how pc does, but still does great

    no. I never said that, please dont put words in my mouth. here I'll explain it a little better, it's basically putting a team of little league football players against an NFL team. both are the same sport it's just one is going to be inherently better. and that's fine but putting them against each other would be a blood bath.

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1128820#Comment_1128820

    So you're worried about playing against people who are good at the game with good killers..... oof

    You know that these killers can still do well, not how pc does, but still does great

    also as others have stated console does not have the frame rate that pc has. I play on ps4 and I couldnt even count how many times my screen has skipped a frame because either a survivor used deadhard or I got bloodlust. meanwhile you rarely see that on pc, or at least on all the streams and YouTube videos that I watch.

1 2 ›