Unbreakable, if it works its too good, change my mind.

Since slugging became a very popular strategy, even more then before, its just too good to have atleast one unbreakable. Even better if more then one. I had various games where I would win by having 4 survivors slugged but 1 unbreakable manage to throw me completly off and bring back the entire game.

Unbreakable doesnt work always and is a situational perk just like adrenaline. I am totally aware of that. If you dont manage to use it, it will become a useless perk basicly. But you take this risk with many other perks.

My problem with unbreakable is, it provides a way too huge benefit (if it works) and can manage to win the entire game, and that even if just 1 out of 4 survivors use it. Survivors should not be able to throw off the entire pressure of a Killer with just 1 perk that can even be stacked up too 4, while the Killer cant do that. Killers dont have any kind of perks like that and also you never know if a survivors have unbreakable, and there is also NO counterplay to that perk except hooking but you will never manage to play a 12 hook game with the current game lenght.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I love people saying Unbreakable is situational like that justifies its bad second-chance design. I don’t care what the context is; if you got downed by the Killer, you got outplayed. You shouldn’t be able to just go, “Haha #########, I equipped a Perk. Go back to sleep and starve.” if the Killer doesn’t immediately pick you up. It’s stupid design.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Slugging more than one survivor shouldnt even be possible, cause its just outdoing game mechanics to prevent any survivor play, and its just annoying as survivor (esp. the 4k slug).

    Slugging is important when there's 4 survivors and only one killer. Gen speeds these days make slugging a must for killers to keep up, otherwise they'll just have to tunnel survivors one by one until he kills everyone or the survivors finish the gens. Saying there isn't any play when you're slugged is a bad oversight since the decision to either crawl away somewhere else or recover is just as important as any decision you make while you're up.

  • @thehotdogman93

    Agree, many players still dont understand how important slugging is now in these times.

  • Ah yes nerf the second and best counter to slugging so you can just slug everyone all the time and ruin their fun. Pick them up and counter it or leave them downed and don’t complain if they get back up.

    Doesnt matter how important of a strategy slugging is “in these times”. Everything in the game should have a counter, including slugging because it’s extremely unfun and boring for Survivors.

    Unbreakable literally only works WHEN DOWNED meaning it takes up a perk slot and is useless for 99% of the entire match.

    Also, rarely even use Unbreakable anyway but I’m gonna start using it more since Killers like you, who only want to slug, exist. Unbreakable is only strong if you slug, so either don’t do it or don’t complain if a slugged surv just so happens to have it.

  • @Darth_Cader

    Well, the only reason why slugging is so popular is the current game lenght cuz slugging is a effective way to slow down the progress of gens. I assume you dont play killer much so you wont understand it at all so its fine, I guess there is no reason trying to explain things like that to ppl like you.

  • Unbreakable on its own is fine. Even if you down everyone and someone gets up and resets the game was essentially paused, probably from the second survivor getting slugged even. ESPECIALLY if two are down and one is being chased. Sure it didn't turn into a 4-slug 4k right there and then, but that's still a huge amount of genuine pressure.

    If I ever have 2 or more people on the ground I just expect at least one of them to have unbreakable, and if I'm not in a favorable chase with a 3rd survivor I'll go back to whoever I downed first to either hook them, intercept a pickup or arguable best case scenario - make them waste their unbreakable if they have it.

    Unbreakable + DS is another story as that's essentially a "counter to a counter", but Unbreakable on its own? It's fine, and will always exist just like DS and BT in some form.

  • @oxygen

    Yeah I know what you mean. Obviously if the early game pressure can be fixed by the devs finally somehow then slugging wouldn't be such a must have right now to slow down the game somehow. By fixing this problem slugging will be less necessary so unbreakable will be less effective, that would solve eveything at once.

    I agree with you that unbreakable itsself isnt that huge of a problem but it just appears to be very annoying in these times right now. Btw thanks for your neutral answer :)

  • Sounds like you rely on slugging for a 4K, which is a cheap and unfun way to play (coming from someone who plays both equally). It’s not terribly difficult to get a merciless with ruin change. Just manage your time better

  • "if it works" ... you already ended the discussion with your own statement.

  • Try not slugging whole teams. Hook them, then they can’t use unbreakable.

  • If unbreakable is to strong because you can get up once i bet you have a heartattack against no mithers.

  • devour hope, IF IT WORKS ITS TOO GOOD, CHANGE MY MIND.


  • It's a one time perk that can't be used any other time in the game, unlike lithe or sprintburst or deadhard or spine chill. I love people that use it but I don't need to slug everyone for a 4 k... I would occasionally slug someone early in game leave them down and go after someone else because it has the potential to take up at least 2-3 survivors time. But slugging everyone as a strategy to win? How is that fun? I say use a better strategy.

  • @neekocheeko

    Yes except it is a hex perk, a hex perk is a burning totem that can be cleansed to disable the perk for the rest of the game. Thats a counterplay that can be done at any time.

  • @supersonic853

    Yes no mither is so strong that I wonder why it is not meta!

  • LMAO! "IF it works"

    I adored your title, it's abvious, if anything works it's to good for the situation, LOL, nice bait

  • @Carlosylu

    Yes you got baited hahaha! Gotcha!

  • @NursesBootie said:

    That's why "Unbreakable" is meta right now. Slugging. I stopped using IF on my nurse because of that.

    I'm glad to hear balance is happening in the world. Goddamn I hate IF on nurse.

  • @whammigobambam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1119512#Comment_1119512

    I'm glad to hear balance is happening in the world. Goddamn I hate IF on nurse.

    I just hate using it. I prefer 'I'm all ears" to keep my chased short.

1 2 ›