How is playing killer so difficult?

I play killer off and on, going between killer and survivor pretty often, and every time I play killer I get a merciless 4k, and I also show TONS of mercy in every match. I really don't understand why so many people find killer to be so difficult. Then again, I play on PS4, and about 95% of all survivors are complete potatoes. But still, even in matches where I get 4 man SWF, and they're all good at looping and hiding, I get a merciless 4k, while also showing mercy. Am I just the best player ever, or is killer really not that hard? I think the latter.

Comments

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1118437#Comment_1118437

    The "math":

    The "should":

    The truth:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/KSPIKOCTC8RD.png

    What are we even discussing here?

    PS. Once upon a time i was the same as many here, i thought killers are so poor and they need buffs and everything. Then i realised i am a noob and i tried to become better. I succeeded.

    the first thing you learn from whatever statistic class is that stats can't be used to jump instantly on the conclusions, rather you should examine the rest (for example, we can see that nurse is the worst killer, which is far from reality).

    also, there is no rank distinction at all, so the entire graph is not useful to be discussed in a balancing view.

    also, many variables are not said, like SWF, maps, offerings, perks...

    the truth, badly taken data that is basically worthless.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    Killer isnt hard itself, its the map design that is bad (legion and clown are trash though)

    but apparently enough people cried and now loops like Shack are being effectively deleted!

    Everyone I've seen is against the breakable wall to shack. Killer and survivor mains. Hopefully they don't go through with the shack one. Other breakable walls are a welcome change though. Loops like ironworks and the coldwind buildings of pain need to die.

  • @KillerKiller said:

    Killer is easy and the devs coddle the killers.

    They never listen to survivors.

    I think the devs make up all these posts of whiny killers complaining that it's hard because they want to keep the game easy for killers and with only survivors complaining they couldn't .

    justify it. Lol

    Im with you man

    Every time I come the forums I sit here thinking

    WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?!!?

    Dbd is totally killer biased, the killer has a profound advantage. It's easy as hell

    So much so that when I've hooked someone twice and down them, I let them go be healed and don't kill them unless I down them again.

    Which I do

    I never camp, never tunnel.

    I don't hook anyone twice till everyone's hooked once. I don't kill till everyone's hooked twice.

    I don't hook the same player twice in a row

    I make sure everyone makes good BP.

    I make the game as fun as I can for everyone but the killers are faster. They can't escape us.

    It's not hard at all. It was at first but after a week, I figured it out and boom.

    I have no idea why killers complain

    what about you make a livestream, and you show your "killer is so easy games?

    let me guess, it wont happen because of bad internet or potatoe hardware or other excuses because the stuff you describe,

    only works in forums and not in the usual gameplay against hardcore survivors

  • I dont understand how people say: "omg the gen speeds are so fast the killer can't win. *killer wins*

  • @KillerKiller said:

    Killer is easy and the devs coddle the killers.

    They never listen to survivors.

    I think the devs make up all these posts of whiny killers complaining that it's hard because they want to keep the game easy for killers and with only survivors complaining they couldn't .

    justify it. Lol

    Im with you man

    Every time I come the forums I sit here thinking

    WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?!!?

    Dbd is totally killer biased, the killer has a profound advantage. It's easy as hell

    So much so that when I've hooked someone twice and down them, I let them go be healed and don't kill them unless I down them again.

    Which I do

    I never camp, never tunnel.

    I don't hook anyone twice till everyone's hooked once. I don't kill till everyone's hooked twice.

    I don't hook the same player twice in a row

    I make sure everyone makes good BP.

    I make the game as fun as I can for everyone but the killers are faster. They can't escape us.

    It's not hard at all. It was at first but after a week, I figured it out and boom.

    I have no idea why killers complain

    You guys have obviously never loaded in a match, and the game literally be done in 5 minutes because they left their one buddy on hook to go stage two, then all end up having borrowed and DS the entire ending of the game. Hell I've done this as survivor, loaded in with my team then the game ended with a 4 man because I was able to run the killer to the farthest distances from my team allowing them to work more if the killer left me.


    Sure killer is easy when going against potatoes, but so is survivor. but going up against a unit, if you aren't billy or playing dirty with some camping and tunneling you have maybe 1 to 2 kills if none of them have DS or borrowed.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/132799/how-is-playing-killer-so-difficult

    Get a pc, play my team once. I will be surprised when you even get a single kill.

    This isn't a bad idea, a good team on ps4 should offer op a kyf match (and record it) to see if he/she is indeed a 4k God.

  • you talk about getting 4k's every game but you also said you play killer on and off. That makes me think you're high rank and no wonder its easy for ya to get 4ks and have fun

  • @YaiPa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1118603#Comment_1118603

    the first thing you learn from whatever statistic class is that stats can't be used to jump instantly on the conclusions, rather you should examine the rest (for example, we can see that nurse is the worst killer, which is far from reality).

    also, there is no rank distinction at all, so the entire graph is not useful to be discussed in a balancing view.

    also, many variables are not said, like SWF, maps, offerings, perks...

    the truth, badly taken data that is basically worthless.

    also, there is no rank distinction at all, so the entire graph is not useful to be discussed in a balancing view.

    Does not matter, since the game has to be ballanced around all ranks. You can not ballance a game only for pros and you can not ballance for beginners. What we got here is the best we can ask for.

    also, many variables are not said, like SWF, maps, offerings, perks...

    Does not matter aswell. We know at the current state of the game - considering any aspect that the game is in favour of the killer, if the devs want to ballance around 2K 2 escape (which is definitly the right idea by the way).

    the truth, badly taken data that is basically worthless.

    No, but thanks for trying.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1118437#Comment_1118437

    The "math":

    The "should":

    The truth:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/KSPIKOCTC8RD.png

    What are we even discussing here?

    PS. Once upon a time i was the same as many here, i thought killers are so poor and they need buffs and everything. Then i realised i am a noob and i tried to become better. I succeeded.

    This data isn't accurate, according to this the nurse is the weakest killer by far. That alone should tell you that these statistics arent meant to be taken seriously.

  • @KillerKiller said:

    Killer is easy and the devs coddle the killers.

    They never listen to survivors.

    I think the devs make up all these posts of whiny killers complaining that it's hard because they want to keep the game easy for killers and with only survivors complaining they couldn't .

    justify it. Lol

    Im with you man

    Every time I come the forums I sit here thinking

    WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?!!?

    Dbd is totally killer biased, the killer has a profound advantage. It's easy as hell

    So much so that when I've hooked someone twice and down them, I let them go be healed and don't kill them unless I down them again.

    Which I do

    I never camp, never tunnel.

    I don't hook anyone twice till everyone's hooked once. I don't kill till everyone's hooked twice.

    I don't hook the same player twice in a row

    I make sure everyone makes good BP.

    I make the game as fun as I can for everyone but the killers are faster. They can't escape us.

    It's not hard at all. It was at first but after a week, I figured it out and boom.

    I have no idea why killers complain

    "Killer is easy and the devs coddle the killers"

    Are you sure about that? All the killer nerf patch notes literally state something about catering to survivors

    Legion: Frustrating for survivors to deal with

    Nurse: Giving her blinks a cooldown to give survivors breathing space

    Forever Freddy: Nerfed slowdown add-ons so survivors can have a chance to escape

    Spirit: Vault animation, and add-on nerf because she was very frustrating to deal with

    Doctor: Snap out of it takes you back to T1 madness and a cooldown after shock therapy to give survivors a chance

    Ruin: A legit nerf because survivors can't hit skill checks

    Seems like you need to play a non viable killer vs optimal swf on Mother's Dwelling

  • @ermsy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1118603#Comment_1118603

    This data isn't accurate, according to this the nurse is the weakest killer by far. That alone should tell you that these statistics arent meant to be taken seriously.

    Sure you can take it seriously. It is telling us that nurse is not working very well overall. She is definitly the best killer, i know that, but they have to do something with her that also the bad and unexperienced players can play her.

  • Killer isn't difficult to play.

    Survivors are just stronger than a killer of equal skill.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1119834#Comment_1119834

    Sure you can take it seriously. It is telling us that nurse is not working very well overall. She is definitly the best killer, i know that, but they have to do something with her that also the bad and unexperienced players can play her.

    But according to the data she is the worst killer by a lot. If we are taking this data seriously then nurse should be the next killer to be buffed as the data clearly shows she is the weakest killer.

  • @KillerKiller said:

    Killer is easy and the devs coddle the killers.

    They never listen to survivors.

    I think the devs make up all these posts of whiny killers complaining that it's hard because they want to keep the game easy for killers and with only survivors complaining they couldn't .

    justify it. Lol

    Im with you man

    Every time I come the forums I sit here thinking

    WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?!!?

    Dbd is totally killer biased, the killer has a profound advantage. It's easy as hell

    So much so that when I've hooked someone twice and down them, I let them go be healed and don't kill them unless I down them again.

    Which I do

    I never camp, never tunnel.

    I don't hook anyone twice till everyone's hooked once. I don't kill till everyone's hooked twice.

    I don't hook the same player twice in a row

    I make sure everyone makes good BP.

    I make the game as fun as I can for everyone but the killers are faster. They can't escape us.

    It's not hard at all. It was at first but after a week, I figured it out and boom.

    I have no idea why killers complain

    You are talking out your ass.

  • @samination said:

    Get a twitch channel called 4kKiller and show us all you are truly the best player ever and ALWAYS get a 4k! You'd be rich and famous in no time!

    I know, right?! He must NEVER lose a game!

  • @MakoaKeo said:

    nah fam, i find it ridiculous to think that someone can get a 4k in 100% of their killer games (OP: "every time I play killer I get a merciless 4k") at red ranks. I cant get a 4k every time in my games, Streamers I watch who play this game at rank 1 cant get a 4k in every game they play. PS4 must be a ######### cakewalk if you can get a 4k in every game you play in.

    Trust me, he's lying. If PC for killer is a bad dream, PS4 is a nightmare. Try DBD but with worse frame rate and a sensitivity lock.

  • first time I played killer I had no fun because the survivors didn’t have a chance. It’s too easy for sure. I almost felt bad and that’s with very little map knowledge at first. I mean the gens are highlighted, with how fast killers are they gen camp really easy and have perks that cause regression... it’s too much. More often than not if people are gen rushing you that’s nothing to complain about because really.... what the hell else are they supposed to do? It’s not fun playing survivor and dying every damn game. I feel like they should make the killer work harder. It almost seems too easy.

  • I mean there has to be pros and cons and with killers I’m not seeing many cons. Except for this new killer that came out I’m seeing that he’s pretty slow. But for most it seems like they just come with a bunch of Abilities that vary from killer to killer. Speed remains the same, just some come with traps or invisibility or zero heartbeat which, why when that’s one of the main indicators that help survivors hide? It’s not like I can put on a perk that restores killer radius heartbeat 😂 and this one hit knock thing.... what the hell do killers have to complain about? So shameful. Go play Friday 13th and you’ll see real frustrations set in playing as Jason getting stun locked and potentially killed. Killers are OP in this game I’ll stand by that until they change it. Gen rushing is NOT an issue when killers have the ability to pound people into the ground in one hit and see people working on gens. If you really can’t get At least ONE person before they finish gen rushing you I’d say youre bad lol

  • Also, killers have insane range. Slamming people into the ground through vaults is WAY TOO MUCH

  • @ermsy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1120053#Comment_1120053

    But according to the data she is the worst killer by a lot. If we are taking this data seriously then nurse should be the next killer to be buffed as the data clearly shows she is the weakest killer.

    We see that there is a problem with her, yes. If we go into detail we will figure out, what exactly the problem is.

    If we think this in terms of problems, we can also say, that nurse is to hard for people and the rest is to easy. So we have to make nurse more easy and other killers harder to play, if this is what devs wish.

    It really does not matter how you turn, we will always end the same: Killers overall are overperforming right now. We dont question why it is, that is a completly different topic, but it is a fact that they do.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1119446#Comment_1119446

    also, there is no rank distinction at all, so the entire graph is not useful to be discussed in a balancing view.

    Does not matter, since the game has to be ballanced around all ranks. You can not ballance a game only for pros and you can not ballance for beginners. What we got here is the best we can ask for.

    also, many variables are not said, like SWF, maps, offerings, perks...

    Does not matter aswell. We know at the current state of the game - considering any aspect that the game is in favour of the killer, if the devs want to ballance around 2K 2 escape (which is definitly the right idea by the way).

    the truth, badly taken data that is basically worthless.

    No, but thanks for trying.

    You don't know the first thing about game balance if this is how you view stats. I love how you people will always cherry pick data and dev posts when it suits your ######### up narrative.

  • @BulletsNonstop said:

    Also, killers have insane range. Slamming people into the ground through vaults is WAY TOO MUCH

    I think you might have this game confused with Last Year. Killers have two different movement speeds (115% and 110%) and can't "slam people into the ground". What drugs are you on? Brown ranks are like a different game I swear.

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1119815#Comment_1119815

    You don't know the first thing about game balance if this is how you view stats. I love how you people will always cherry pick data and dev posts when it suits your ######### up narrative.

    I dont see any counter or explanation why this data is so wrong in your opinion. All i say is, they want to balance around 2 kills 2 survives overall (and i hope and guess they try this for all ranks, otherwise it will be pointless in the end) and we are far from that since killers are overperforming period. If this is because 1 hooks, everyobdy playing with the best addons, everyone of survivor is potato, rank is messed up, mori, map design etc etc does not matter the slightest if we discuss this topic. These are detail questions that have to be figured HOW to reach the goal.

1 2 ›