EVERYONE CAN BREAK WALLS?!

Taken from the Dev Update:

"NEW FEATURE: BREAKABLE WALLS

Debuting alongside the next chapter, we are pleased to announce a new feature that will allow Killers to shape the map as they hunt down Survivors: Breakable walls. This mechanic is available to all Killers.


Breakable walls appear in preset locations, much like pallets. Unlike pallets, a Survivor cannot interact with them in any way. The Killer, however, can walk up to one of these walls and break it down whenever they like.


For now, they will be exclusive to the upcoming map, where we’ll be experimenting with different uses. Breaking some may make a strong window loop weaker, allowing you to catch up much quicker. Others might open up new paths to get around the map faster. We’ll be keeping a close eye on how everyone uses them to see what works best before adding them to existing maps.


When breakable walls are added to other maps, they will appear differently to suit the Realm’s theme. Although they may look different from one map to the next, we will make sure that they are easily recognizable so it is clear which walls can and can’t be broken at a glance.


Additionally, any Perk or Add-on that affects pallet breaking speed will be extended to breakable walls. Killer Powers that can break pallets will also be able to break these walls."

THAT'S NUTTY!

Comments

  • The image of Myers breaking a wall with those sexy bare legs is just wonderful.

  • So excited. Imagine playing Demo and they think you're going for a Shred to hit them but then the whole wall just explodes. Same with Oni in Blood Fury.

  • I'm kind of happy about this change.

    I suggested something similar on a previous thread, but for windows. :D

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117198/an-idea-to-balance-super-strong-windows/p1

  • Doesn't sound too bad for survivors. If breaking a wall is like breaking a pallet then survivors will have enough time to run away.

    Breaking probably primarily will be used for weakening strong annoying loops and forcing the survivors to move to another loop rather than ending loop chases.

    I don't think breaking walls will be like nurse's blinks/ used to end loop chases and down survivors quickly.

    If you're in a chase and decide to break a wall you're risking losing the survivor and the loop may still be usable and atleast have a pallet.

  • No blink nurse breaking walls

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100737#Comment_1100737

    Oh man... Trapper/Myers/Oni walk right through, Nurse yanks it down with her powers, Hag sketches a rune on the wall and it explodes, Freddy melts it into blood... I guarantee you half of these won't make it in but oh my god a man can dream...

    OMG I love this!!! I'm gonna brainstorm a list for everyone!

    Trapper: plug walk through

    Wraith: use rune magic

    Hillbilly: use chainsaw

    Nurse: telekinesis

    Huntress: weaken it with her axe, then bodyslam through

    Doctor: massive electric blast blows up wall

    Hag: rune magic

    Spirit: she does the phasing move and then the wall shatters like her sword

    Plague: prays and then it crumbles away

    Clown: bodyslams through

    Oni: smashes it with the kanabo

    Leatherface: chainsaw, preferably with lots of screeching

    Myers: walks through

    Pig: plants a bomb? No idea

    Freddy: like the melting into blood idea

    Demogorgon: could shred it, or just turn it into a permanent portal

    Ghostface: reveals it was a paper wall the whole time? No idea

  • If you play on Lery's you can already see where the breakable portions of the walls are.

    So going by it there won't be that many on a map. About the same amount as their are window vaults but not as much as their are pallet spawns.

    BreakableWalls.png


  • I just wonder if each killer will have a brute force the wall down animation or whether the entity will just rupture the wall with its tentacles or something. I just hope that a stealth killers stealth (T1 Myers) doesn't lose out on this surprise mechanic... mechanic.

  • Oh, this is rich. Survivors will be freaking out over this, lol!!!

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100694#Comment_1100694

    they said only certain walls will be breakable and for now its limited to the new map, you will also be able to see what walls are breakable by the way they look. I think that this will take slightly longer than breaking a pallet so i don't see the problem since you can just run away. My main concern is if billy, leather face, and demo are able to break them quickly since depending on how good they are it might make them a lot more viable.

    Dont forget about Oni

  • @Ohlookahook2 said:

    If killers can break whatever wall they want I'm done. No more dbd for me.

    Why? What's wrong with it. It's a cool feature for a horror game

  • @senki527 said:

    this will be a very bad change... survivors won't stand a chance anymore against killers

    What do you mean? How can this make that much of a difference. You're being fatalistic

  • Meh, I'm skeptical of this feature coming... But I won't judge or complain until I actually see it in action. They've changed this game so much since release it doesn't even bother me anymore. I stay playing it 😂 So even if I don't like it and cry about it... I'll still be playing ctfu!!

  • @Haku said:

    On paper it sounds as a cool idea but when you think about it it is really not that great. Basically we will have a wall that killers can break and I just can't find a reason in notes why you can't do that right away when you see the wall. I mean they add notes where perks affect the speed like these walls will be something unexpected you get to do while in chase but in end these walls will be predetermined and they are nothing like pallets where you have to drop it first. So you can just break the wall at any time if you pass by such wall and just not waste any time in chase. I don't see where the fun in that is. If the devs want a hole is some random place just add it ....

    I do believe they actually play-test their changes. There's a QA department and all that. The goal they're going for might be something you haven't considered.

  • @Ohlookahook2 said:

    If killers can break whatever wall they want I'm done. No more dbd for me.

    Waah waah god you survivors are the worst. You get everything handed to you and then you all still cry when you feel like thing wont ve a cake walk even though this probably wont do anything against god loops. Smh

  • This is getting silly now. Instead of adding more stuff to the game why not fix problems that are already there, like HITBOXES, I swing and hit a survivor that from three feet away from the other side of the window they vaulted a minute ago. As a survivor I get hit midair by a tier three Myers after I've vaulted from a second-story window, fix the issues before you make new content with its own issues.

1 2 ›