Is a dc justified in this scenario?

So I was just in a game as ghostface on badham V.

My ping was for some reason around 450, usually its around yellow or green but I definetly noticed how bad it was, jitteting around like mad but....

After I got two hooks and managing to slug 2 survivors I put the one on my shoulder on the hook..... It paused for a bit. But then when I put it on the hook not only didn't it register on the hud but also I noticed that I was moving at around nurse speed. On ghostface. I couldn't even vault a window or break a pallet, the one who I thought I'd put on hook got crows and then I decided that it was a misery for all of us and decided to dc

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    So I was just in a game as ghostface on badham V.

    My ping was for some reason around 450, usually its around yellow or green but I definetly noticed how bad it was, jitteting around like mad but....

    After I got two hooks and managing to slug 2 survivors I put the one on my shoulder on the hook..... It paused for a bit. But then when I put it on the hook not only didn't it register on the hud but also I noticed that I was moving at around nurse speed. On ghostface. I couldn't even vault a window or break a pallet, the one who I thought I'd put on hook got crows and then I decided that it was a misery for all of us and decided to dc

    I don't see any problem with that at all. It pretty much rendered some of the most important killer abilities useless and your game broke entirely lol. It just sucks you had to be punished for the game literally being unplayable.

  • If I was playing killer and that’s happened, I would have just played through the game, or set down the controller to make a sandwich and come back to see if they finished gens/the gates have been opened.

    in the end I say the choice is yours as to whether or not this worth the penalty, but really in the end waiting one extra minute isn’t so bad. This whole DC thing only really punishes people who do it a bunch, and that game is enough to recognize that your internet provider is not giving the the service you paid for.

    i play killer 40-60% of the time depending on my mood, and this DC thing hasn’t effected me negatively so I’m a little biased here in not having internet issues, but in the end I’m glad DCing punishes any player be they survivor or killer since people abuse it a lot because of not liking the idea of losing.

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    So I was just in a game as ghostface on badham V.

    My ping was for some reason around 450, usually its around yellow or green but I definetly noticed how bad it was, jitteting around like mad but....

    After I got two hooks and managing to slug 2 survivors I put the one on my shoulder on the hook..... It paused for a bit. But then when I put it on the hook not only didn't it register on the hud but also I noticed that I was moving at around nurse speed. On ghostface. I couldn't even vault a window or break a pallet, the one who I thought I'd put on hook got crows and then I decided that it was a misery for all of us and decided to dc

    Ehhh it was alright. As soon as I dced I just started to play bioshock. Love the atmosphere, love the gunplay. Hate how little ammo you have access to

  • Love how when its a killer issue somehow the comments are sympathetic.

    No its not acceptable hence why the system punishes EVERYTHING. Nothing is acceptable other than playing the game to the end.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Love how when its a killer issue somehow the comments are sympathetic.

    No its not acceptable hence why the system punishes EVERYTHING. Nothing is acceptable other than playing the game to the end.

    So....even mori spamming doesn't give you a justified reason to DC? Being body blocked in a corner with no way to escape isn't justifiable?

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096389#Comment_1096389

    So....even mori spamming doesn't give you a justified reason to DC? Being body blocked in a corner with no way to escape isn't justifiable?

    According to the system and the developers that’s a big fat NOPE.

    Hence why people like myself are saying maybe before this is implemented certain things in the game should have been addressed.

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096389#Comment_1096389

    So....even mori spamming doesn't give you a justified reason to DC? Being body blocked in a corner with no way to escape isn't justifiable?

    Suck it up and move on. It doesn't happen in every match and its not a reason to DC and ruin the game for everyone else. If a killer does that it means a lot of time wasted that actually helps your teammates. So try to think it without being selfish.

  • @Alonzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096393#Comment_1096393

    Suck it up and move on. It doesn't happen in every match and its not a reason to DC and ruin the game for everyone else. If a killer does that it means a lot of time wasted that actually helps your teammates. So try to think it without being selfish.

    Alright then...... But in the original post is my dc justified?


    The game was litteraly unplayable for everyone involved

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096407#Comment_1096407

    Alright then...... But in the original post is my dc justified?

    The game was litteraly unplayable for everyone involved

    Somehow I don't think that everyone had the same bad ping. And it doesn't happen often. I am not sure what the ban times are (there used to be a thread explaining the times) but I am assuming it wasn't that long as you again I assume don't usually DC.

    Its not a perfect system but without it we had players rage quitting and leaving the game A LOT. Which ruined the game for EVERYONE else. If I have a bad ping (which I rarely had on dedicated servers) I sit it out. If I am a survivor the killer can kill me and I move on to the next match. If I am a killer the survivors do the gens and exit.

  • This thread is bordering forum ban. You are not allowed to encourage disconnect. It's apart of the forum rules. I'd link it, but I don't want to receive a ban myself. Here is a quote though:

    Please do not encourage negative behavior (e.g. encouraging DCs and griefing, etc.)

    So, just be careful what is said here. Just FYI. Take care.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Love how when its a killer issue somehow the comments are sympathetic.

    No its not acceptable hence why the system punishes EVERYTHING. Nothing is acceptable other than playing the game to the end.

    I mean, I think regardless of the side, if the game entirely breaks it's fine to DC. I think the system was put in prematurely considering the amount of bugs that make the game not playable at times.

  • @HellCatJane said:

    This thread is bordering forum ban. You are not allowed to encourage disconnect. It's apart of the forum rules. I'd link it, but I don't want to receive a ban myself. Here is a quote though:

    Please do not encourage negative behavior (e.g. encouraging DCs and griefing, etc.)

    So, just be careful what is said here. Just FYI. Take care.

    I'm not encouraging anything, I just aked the forums if the scenario I was in justified a dc with an explication as to why I dced in the first place

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096389#Comment_1096389

    I mean, I think regardless of the side, if the game entirely breaks it's fine to DC. I think the system was put in prematurely considering the amount of bugs that make the game not playable at times.

    I completely agree. I’m not against the penalties although it may seem so its just that I too think it’s premature.

    Its like the attitude is “yeah our game is fine, we can have penalties now” which isn’t the case.

    Also bugs aside, this is Behaviour so they’ll likely put the penalty system in place and call it a day rather than looking at some of the reasons why disconnects were escalating out of control.

  • Is the pc version garbage or something? I am on ps4 with average to below average internet and I have only seen the game crash or have a game breaking bug happen 2 or 3 times in the past two years.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096479#Comment_1096479

    I completely agree. I’m not against the penalties although it may seem so its just that I too think it’s premature.

    Its like the attitude is “yeah our game is fine, we can have penalties now” which isn’t the case.

    Also bugs aside, this is Behaviour so they’ll likely put the penalty system in place and call it a day rather than looking at some of the reasons why disconnects were escalating out of control.

    Exactly. I don't think anyone is really against implementing DC penalties if the game is actually stable and functions correctly. But, they decided to add it before actually fixing the game breaking issues that caused DCs sometimes. I just think it's so dumb that I may get punished for the game breaking.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096393#Comment_1096393

    According to the system and the developers that’s a big fat NOPE.

    Hence why people like myself are saying maybe before this is implemented certain things in the game should have been addressed.

    I guess in a Game Hostage scenario where one side have to DC in order to end a match is necessary, any other reason goes against the rules. Penalties for DCing is great idea but with poor execution.

    In a perfect world where only ill intentioned people suffer from it is the best feature they implemented in a long time.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Love how when its a killer issue somehow the comments are sympathetic.

    No its not acceptable hence why the system punishes EVERYTHING. Nothing is acceptable other than playing the game to the end.

    Its fair i had the same thing happen as survivor the game actually can't end when that happens someone has to dc

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    So I was just in a game as ghostface on badham V.

    My ping was for some reason around 450, usually its around yellow or green but I definetly noticed how bad it was, jitteting around like mad but....

    After I got two hooks and managing to slug 2 survivors I put the one on my shoulder on the hook..... It paused for a bit. But then when I put it on the hook not only didn't it register on the hud but also I noticed that I was moving at around nurse speed. On ghostface. I couldn't even vault a window or break a pallet, the one who I thought I'd put on hook got crows and then I decided that it was a misery for all of us and decided to dc

    The game won't end when that happens so it's fair you or the last survivor would've had to dc it happened to me in a survivor game it's a glitch I saw the killer and survivor make it past endgame and it wouldn't end

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096470#Comment_1096470

    I'm not encouraging anything, I just aked the forums if the scenario I was in justified a dc with an explication as to why I dced in the first place

    I understand that. But when people are answering you, it could be interpreted that way with what they say, and I am not the mods, it matters what they, think not I. So, just fair warning to all posting here. Be mindful is all.

  • @WhiteWolfAdam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096389#Comment_1096389

    Its fair i had the same thing happen as survivor the game actually can't end when that happens someone has to dc

    Thank you for not trying to slate this as being biased towards one side

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096389#Comment_1096389

    So....even mori spamming doesn't give you a justified reason to DC? Being body blocked in a corner with no way to escape isn't justifiable?

    You don't have to seek out others for validation for your actions. If you think you were justified in DCing (and you do because you did DC) why create a post about it? It's already happened just let it go. These posts are almost as bad as people retelling their heroic tale of beating flashlight user no. 528 and showing the endgame chat to boast about how angry they got. It's tiring as hell

  • The question now becomes did you report this bug or did you just DC and return to your game play? you may have been justified to DC but it is not something to not report as you may have found a bug. In this case you may have had no choice but to do this even if you just let them do gens. You would have had to suffer the DC penalties but in that time you should have submitted a report to Behavior, included your logs from the game so they can look at everything to possibly see what's going on. This may have been a reason to do so but coming here to ask if you were justified is not the way to do it, more it is trying to make your case to the people's court instead of to the real court of behavior which you get by using the ticket system and sending your logs.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Love how when its a killer issue somehow the comments are sympathetic.

    No its not acceptable hence why the system punishes EVERYTHING. Nothing is acceptable other than playing the game to the end.

    If a Survivor somehow started moving only at Nurse speed and couldn't drop pallets because of a bug, I'd be equally sympathetic toward that too.

    @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096393#Comment_1096393

    According to the system and the developers that’s a big fat NOPE.

    Hence why people like myself are saying maybe before this is implemented certain things in the game should have been addressed.

    Show me where devs said that being held hostage is not an okay ground to DC.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096393#Comment_1096393

    According to the system and the developers that’s a big fat NOPE.

    Hence why people like myself are saying maybe before this is implemented certain things in the game should have been addressed.

    I mean...in every example given so far the match will still end...

    The egc exists/when all survivors escape the match ends.

    If you literally cannot move you still shouldn't dc because the match will still end you'll be killed or the survivors will escape

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096397#Comment_1096397

    I mean...in every example given so far the match will still end...

    The egc exists/when all survivors escape the match ends.

    If you literally cannot move you still shouldn't dc because the match will still end you'll be killed or the survivors will escape

    actually it's been verified and I have seen it, where the player was stuck in healing animation, could not move much but does not allow End Game Collapse to finish the game but the game continues AFTER EGC... Again issues like this need to be reported via the ticket system with logs or in the bug report forums here with logs.

  • I think the game needs a check system for this scenario as you can't really do anything and may as well go afk.

    What I wish for is a system when pressing escape is to have a check bug option. The game should then check and notice something is wrong which then allows you to end the game keeping all points and granting the others compensation too.

    This works in two ways as it allows you to not be punished for a game issue and sends more specific information in the form a report to the devs to look into the issue which should help more with fixing it.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1097705#Comment_1097705

    actually it's been verified and I have seen it, where the player was stuck in healing animation, could not move much but does not allow End Game Collapse to finish the game but the game continues AFTER EGC... Again issues like this need to be reported via the ticket system with logs or in the bug report forums here with logs.

    In that case sure if survivor can't die/escape by any means that's a fair reason as its literally impossible to end the match ever.

    I'm referring to being mori spammed/unable to move as survivor or killer or body blocked the whole match.

    As killer you can hit them and as survivor your team can do the gens and egc will kill you. Mori spam you still bleed out.

  • This is the known infinite bug. This bug will keep you in the match forever, unless you dc. Even EGC won't finish the match.

    But hey, let's punish players who are forced to dc because the incompetence of the coders amaright?

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1097714#Comment_1097714

    In that case sure if survivor can't die/escape by any means that's a fair reason as its literally impossible to end the match ever.

    I'm referring to being mori spammed/unable to move as survivor or killer or body blocked the whole match.

    As killer you can hit them and as survivor your team can do the gens and egc will kill you. Mori spam you still bleed out.

    mori spamming is not in this thread asking if he was justified. Mori spamming is something reportable as harassment, they are stopping you from playing the game, but they themselves are stopping normal game play. once you're done hope you have media evidence so that you can report this via the ticket system. Once again this forum is not the place for asking if this was justified (that is for the devs to determine via ticket report) or if something was harassment as this also is something to report via the ticket system.

    @DwightOP said:

    This is the known infinite bug. This bug will keep you in the match forever, unless you dc. Even EGC won't finish the match.

    But hey, let's punish players who are forced to dc because the incompetence of the coders amaright?

    still this should be reported, i have run across bugs like this about once every few months or so maybe even less frequently. the worst issue of the dc penalties is when the game crashes during load in. Still those can be reported and logs sent in to behavior to watch, but people don't think to do that! they just whine on the forums about it, especially in the general forum which is not the place to report bugs!

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1097725#Comment_1097725

    mori spamming is not in this thread asking if he was justified. Mori spamming is something reportable as harassment, they are stopping you from playing the game, but they themselves are stopping normal game play. once you're done hope you have media evidence so that you can report this via the ticket system. Once again this forum is not the place for asking if this was justified (that is for the devs to determine via ticket report) or if something was harassment as this also is something to report via the ticket system.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1097734#Comment_1097734

    still this should be reported, i have run across bugs like this about once every few months or so maybe even less frequently. the worst issue of the dc penalties is when the game crashes during load in. Still those can be reported and logs sent in to behavior to watch, but people don't think to do that! they just whine on the forums about it, especially in the general forum which is not the place to report bugs!

    Ok? I wasn't replying to the topic or the op i was replying to a comment on the thread by seltas and clicky that brought up mori spamming as a "justifiable reason"

    This forum is general discussions anything about the game and situations in it can be discussed here as long as no rules are broken.

  • @Freki It was reported months ago. Like all bugs it stays in the game months with no fix in sight.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096389#Comment_1096389

    If a Survivor somehow started moving only at Nurse speed and couldn't drop pallets because of a bug, I'd be equally sympathetic toward that too.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096397#Comment_1096397

    Show me where devs said that being held hostage is not an okay ground to DC.

    The fact that you get a disconnection penalty?

    The devs aren't gonna be like "oh it was ok in this scenario therefore we'll pardon you and reset your timer and escalation process"

    I'm not saying whether a dc is actually justified or not by human standards I'm saying that with the system in place there are no exceptions. No justified reasons.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1097693#Comment_1097693

    The fact that you get a disconnection penalty?

    The devs aren't gonna be like "oh it was ok in this scenario therefore we'll pardon you and reset your timer and escalation process"

    I'm not saying whether a dc is actually justified or not by human standards I'm saying that with the system in place there are no exceptions. No justified reasons.

    Devs have already said that if you only DC once in a blue moon, you should be fine, as the DC penalty will be small. They've given the okay in that regard.

  • DCing is NEVER justified. Suck it up and take the loss.