The Plague Needs a Rework

The Plague is a decent killer and has a cool aesthetics. Her power needs to be fixed.

In real life, sickness do cause status effects. Some sickness do make people go blind, make people go slower, make people more fragile.

Her base power should be when you are sick and in the broken status, any interactions like healing, cleansing, sabotaging, repairing, and opening gates should be slowed down.

Some of her add-ons should give status effects

Plus she needs her own chasing music.

Comments

  • I think this is an interesting idea, that definitely would fit with the theme of the character. People who contracted the plague were certainly not moving around and doing things at normal speed.

  • I think it'd be cool if she inflicted status effects other than broken, like blinded or exhausted.

  • Hence why have advocated for a sickness stage 3 that's time based

  • @CrassardStreams said:

    I think it'd be cool if she inflicted status effects other than broken, like blinded or exhausted.

    Please explain

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Don’t you DARE touch my Plague.

    She’s perfectly strong exactly the way she is.

    Ok. Doctor Carter

  • Honestly for how good her Corrupt Purge already is at base, many of her addons should be moved to status's while infected/broken. It would make them actually usable.

    That said, and like you said, there also needs to be some extra negative at base for staying infected/broken. As much as I'd like a slight slow down, they really don't like doing that because it's deemed "unfun" for survivors.

    I'd suggest that for each survivor infected and broken The Plague gets a 4 meter reduced TR. This makes it more dangerous to stay infected without adding an "unfun" factor to survivors.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Honestly for how good her Corrupt Purge already is at base, many of her addons should be moved to status's while infected/broken. It would make them actually usable.

    That said, and like you said, there also needs to be some extra negative at base for staying infected/broken. As much as I'd like a slight slow down, they really don't like doing that because it's deemed "unfun" for survivors.

    I'd suggest that for each survivor infected and broken The Plague gets a 4 meter reduced TR. This makes it more dangerous to stay infected without adding an "unfun" factor to survivors.

    They need to learn that it's not always about them.

  • Broken is already a pretty strong debuff, it's like an exposed they can cleanse. One shot downs will always be strong. I think addons that add blindness and exhausted and so on in addition to broken would be pretty cool even if they were uncommon or rare like Pig's addons.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1082142#Comment_1082142

    Ok you got me, I like this idea. That survivors start to have trouble hearing the TR as they puke and cough. I like it.

    Yeah I'm not sure why so many of her addons are targeted at her Corrupt Purge either seeing as it's already so strong at base. Would seem to fit much better if the addons were targeted at infected status's as you're trying to get them to want to cleanse more.

    Not to mention it would make it feel like you're actually getting to use more of her addons and change up her gameplay a bit.

    Addons for different status's while infected also just kinda fits her theme as a concept anyway.

  • @CrassardStreams said:

    Broken is already a pretty strong debuff, it's like an exposed they can cleanse. One shot downs will always be strong. I think addons that add blindness and exhausted and so on in addition to broken would be pretty cool even if they were uncommon or rare like Pig's addons.

    Or take 1 or 2 fountains away

  • Not sure if taking fountains away would change much since they don't generally use them anyway.

  • @CrassardStreams said:

    I think it'd be cool if she inflicted status effects other than broken, like blinded or exhausted.

    would be cool if survivors alternated from blinded and exhausted. So like 30s blindness to 15s exhausted and then back again. But at the same time i think causing exhastion would just cause people to DC against her, seeing as she already makes all healing items and perks useless. Having her make all exhaustion perks useless too would be quite annoying. So maybe... 15s blindness then 5s of no-blindness then the pattern repeats.

  • If you're gonna use a status effect use it, don't make it overly complicated by putting it on some kind of cyclic timer lol. That just gets annoying for everyone.

  • Agreed with buffing her up..I like using her and I have a thing for virus themed things .. name says that tho lol. Anyways, I too thought it should give a better status effect when infected. Gotta use up the good add ons to keep map control, make infecting environment more productive.Then theres how tall she is and doesnt exactly blend in.just needs to effect survivors more..maybe a timer that counts down till there in dying state and adds more effects as time goes by also..like mystic said above basically, got the plague you wouldnt be just walking around.adding more negative effects every 30 secs would just be like got the plague but sped up, you would get sicker as time goes..make them use the fountains more often

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1082210#Comment_1082210

    Her add-ons that increase CP duration are lack lustre. 60 seconds is already plenty of time.

    But her faster activation and faster movement speed add ons are glorious. They’re instant PWYF stacks. She turns into a steam train.

    I didn’t know she had add-ons that increased movement speed. I need to level her up next.

    Anyways, she should get a head cosmetic that also affect the color of her vomit, changing it from green to rainbow. It would be so fabulous!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1082314#Comment_1082314

    Yeah, she has a brown and purple add on that both speed up Corrupt Pool activation and increase her M/S for the duration she has CP. When both add-ons are stacked and you get CP she is ridiculously fast.

    Thanks for the heads up, I’ll give her a whirl now.

  • @ReapersWrath85 said:

    Agreed with buffing her up..I like using her and I have a thing for virus themed things .. name says that tho lol. Anyways, I too thought it should give a better status effect when infected. Gotta use up the good add ons to keep map control, make infecting environment more productive.Then theres how tall she is and doesnt exactly blend in.just needs to effect survivors more..maybe a timer that counts down till there in dying state and adds more effects as time goes by also..like mystic said above basically, got the plague you wouldnt be just walking around.adding more negative effects every 30 secs would just be like got the plague but sped up, you would get sicker as time goes..make them use the fountains more often

    Infections from the environment seems like a good idea.

  • In my opinion, the risk/reward for cleansing as a survivor is far too imbalanced, which is why nobody cleanses. These are the issues I see:

    • Being sick isn't that big of a deal for experienced players (especially with the current meta perks).
    • It's too easy to get sick after cleansing for the cost of giving her corrupt purge.
    • Corrupt purge is far too dangerous to risk cleansing. Because of this, she plays with only half of her power.
    • Her power eliminates stealth and healing gameplay.
    • Her power is not fun or engaging to play against.

    Other than a rework of some sort, I'm not sure what they could do to make Plague better. I listed mostly survivor-sided complaints about her since they control whether or not she actually gets to use her power. If cleansing is worthwhile to survivors, Plague benefits from it.

    The problem is not that sickness isn't bad enough, it's that cleansing isn't good enough.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1082314#Comment_1082314

    Yeah, she has a brown and purple add on that both speed up Corrupt Pool activation and increase her M/S for the duration she has CP. When both add-ons are stacked and you get CP she is ridiculously fast.

    It does not increase her M/S while she has CP, it increases her M/S while holding CP.

    Those are two very different things.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1083588#Comment_1083588

    It absolutely does.

    Any add on that increases M/S while CHARGING Vile Purge also increase M/S while charging Corrupt Purge too.

    But in the case of her specific CP add ons that speed up activation and increase M/S while HOLDING CP, that’s specifically referring to while it’s active/simply carrying CP.

    That’s the whole point of those add ons. One of the best times to activate CP is mid chase when a fountain is within the vicinity. These add ons allow for riskier deviation from the chase because Plague is compensated with the facility to more easily catch back up to the survivor she was originally chasing.

    Test for yourself. Stack the brown & purple add on. This is where her M/S increase for the whole 60 seconds is most dramatic and most noticeable.

    Yes, while charging and holding, not regular moving. So you aren't just walking around faster at all times unless you're holding it which you already have a base speed reduction in the first place with that so you're more so just negating yourself back to regular speed.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084084#Comment_1084084

    Yes, while charging and holding, not regular moving. So you aren't just walking around faster at all times unless you're holding it which you already have a base speed reduction in the first place with that so you're more so just negating yourself back to regular speed.

    Rat liver is 5% speed boost while charging shread and its a huge difference.

    Just because its not much doesnt mean its bad. Haste is one of the strongest effects on the game.

  • Considering that fever, abdominal pain, vomiting, chills, bleeding and extreme weakness among others are symptoms of the plague, I think that slowing the survivors down in various ways is an effective idea that complements Adiris quite nicely.

    The hindered status effect should reflect abdominal pain and extreme weakness as an effect of those symptoms in my opinion. I am not sure, but Clown's power slows survivors down by 15% without add-ons. As plague's effect on a survivor is more long-term, it would be more fair to reduce that 5-10% for plague's hindered effect. Maybe have addons that do not directly increase the hindered status upon getting sick, but gradually have a worsened effect the longer a survivor stays sick.

    The haemorrhage status effect increases the bleeding frequency and fits quite nicely with the symptoms of the bubonic plague. However, as a feature of tracking survivors, this status effect is probably going to be useless, but perhaps the time it takes for blood pools to disappear.

    As a compromise, I would suggest needing more time/Hit more vile purge on survivors before they enter broken as it is incredibly easy to get sick.

  • Survivors either stay broken, or she gets a murder sprinkler. How is this not already powerful?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084148#Comment_1084148

    She truly does.

    Her add-ons that increase charge m/s for VP already transfer to CP.

    So it doesn’t make sense to have additional add-ons that only increase M/S while charging CP.

    I use these add-ons frequently, particularly Worship Tablet. Her base M/S does increase for the 60 seconds CP is active.

    "Her add-ons that increase charge m/s for VP already transfer to CP.

    So it doesn’t make sense to have additional add-ons that only increase M/S while charging CP."

    I never said they didn't. I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

    "I use these add-ons frequently, particularly Worship Tablet. Her base M/S does increase for the 60 seconds CP is active."

    The move speed increase you get from these while holding CP isn't enough to have you moving faster than 115. They will simply negate the decrease she was getting at base which made her slower.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084294#Comment_1084294

    Simply activating Corrupt Purge either directly by a fountain or because of a fountain reset occurs does not reduce her base M/S for the duration that CP is active. She stays at 115%. The only thing that reduces her base M/S when CP is active is Iridescent Seal.

    "Simply activating Corrupt Purge either directly by a fountain or because of a fountain reset occurs does not reduce her base M/S for the duration that CP is active."

    This not what I am saying.

    "The only thing that reduces her base M/S when CP is active is Iridescent Seal."

    Her M/S decreases while holding CP charged and walking around.

  • I watched a man win 116 games in a row with Plague. She isn't horrible.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084429#Comment_1084429

    Ah, ok, we’re starting to get on the same page now. Ok yes, while charging CP m/s decreases (just like VP).

    So even if she uses Incensed Ointment or Olibanum Incense, when charging either VP or CP she’ll move slow still, but just NOT as slow (that said if both add-ons are stacked she still moves faster than 100% while charging because I still gain ground on survivors I’m chasing)

    So you’re right in that it is impossible to have her move faster than 115% while CHARGING either VP or CP.

    BUT when she uses Prayer Tablet Fragment or Worship Tablet it temporarily increases her base m/s so that she becomes faster than 115%. Stacked she becomes incredibly fast. She’ll still slow down when CHARGING her CP, but that doesn’t really matter because Plague will quickly catch back up to a survivor again after the cool down.

    I still think that even after fully charged and just holding CP (with both addons) she is still not faster than 115. It feels like it just negates the slow down she has at base with it so she is back to 115.

    Either way though we are both basing this on simply our experience using them and how it feels. We'd be able to solve this so much faster if the addons actually had % attached to them instead of Slight/Moderately/Considerably etc we are stuck with.

    We don't technically even have the exact percent slowdown while holding her charges either, just our feeling of it.

    Wish we could have more exact numbers in the game for people wanting to crunch them for exact answers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084532#Comment_1084532

    I think you’ve misunderstood what holding is (understandably as this game is notorious for crappy/misleading descriptions).

    In the case of Plague, charging is both the charging/meter increase process AND continuing to hold the button until ready to unleash VP or CP.

    When they refer to holding (which was a terrible word choice) they simply mean active. So with Prayer Tablet Fragment & Worship Tablet simply having CP active with no charging, no pushing any buttons, doing nothing except simply move around the map, this is at a speed that exceeds 115% until the CP timer expires.

    As I said try it for yourself. Do a stack of Prayer Tablet Fragment & Worship Tablet. When CP is activated do nothing except move around the map and notice just how zippy she has suddenly become. I’m only recommending the stack because the change is the most dramatic. It’s impossible not to notice her speed increase.

    "In the case of Plague, charging is both the charging/meter increase process AND continuing to hold the button until ready to unleash VP or CP."

    That's exactly what I am understanding it as in my previous posts.

    "When they refer to holding (which was a terrible word choice) they simply mean active. So with Prayer Tablet Fragment & Worship Tablet simply having CP active with no charging, no pushing any buttons, doing nothing except simply move around the map, this is at a speed that exceeds 115% until the CP timer expires."

    See this I disagree with. I do not think that is what they are referring to by "holding". As I said before, we also have no exact numbers too prove it's greater than 115, I personally think it's not.

    "As I said try it for yourself. Do a stack of Prayer Tablet Fragment & Worship Tablet. When CP is activated do nothing except move around the map and notice just how zippy she has suddenly become. I’m only recommending the stack because the change is the most dramatic. It’s impossible not to notice her speed increase."

    I already have been, it does not seem faster just having CP activated.

    @Peanits can we get this clarified as to whether or not holding CP by the games standards means fully charged up and walking around or if it just means you picked up the CP?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084579#Comment_1084579

    "In the case of Plague, charging is both the charging/meter increase process AND continuing to hold the button until ready to unleash VP or CP."

    That's exactly what I am understanding it as in my previous posts.

    "When they refer to holding (which was a terrible word choice) they simply mean active. So with Prayer Tablet Fragment & Worship Tablet simply having CP active with no charging, no pushing any buttons, doing nothing except simply move around the map, this is at a speed that exceeds 115% until the CP timer expires."

    See this I disagree with. I do not think that is what they are referring to by "holding". As I said before, we also have no exact numbers too prove it's greater than 115, I personally think it's not.

    "As I said try it for yourself. Do a stack of Prayer Tablet Fragment & Worship Tablet. When CP is activated do nothing except move around the map and notice just how zippy she has suddenly become. I’m only recommending the stack because the change is the most dramatic. It’s impossible not to notice her speed increase."

    I already have been, it does not seem faster just having CP activated.

    @Peanits can we get this clarified as to whether or not holding CP by the games standards means fully charged up and walking around or if it just means you picked up the CP?

    You drink from some Corrupt ######### from the fountain, so now you are HOLDING it in your stomach.

    Then you CHARGE your vomitpower and then you VOMIT

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084626#Comment_1084626

    You drink from some Corrupt ######### from the fountain, so now you are HOLDING it in your stomach.

    Then you CHARGE your vomitpower and then you VOMIT

    During Plagues PTB they specifically stated how they slowed her M/S while HOLDING CP so that it wasn't too strong. She currently does not move slower after picking up CP, but she does move slower while HOLDING CP.

    I follow the word HOLDING as the devs have used it previously in their wording.

  • She could use some changes, yes. But there are MULTIPLE killers who NEED changes. Clown, Bubba, Legion, Trapper, Wraith, Pig ...

  • I've been running monitor & abuse and blood echo.

    I have to say I'm actually a little disappointed when survivors cleanse. It's really easy to pick them off this way.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084683#Comment_1084683

    Ok, fair enough. Again this still goes to show that in game descriptions are still poor, hehe.

    Any of Plagues add-ons that affect/alter VP have the same identical effect for CP too even though the description doesn’t explicitly say so.

    And in the case of Worship Tablet & Prayer Tablet Fragment it’s like she suddenly acquires Wraiths Windstorm as soon as she activates a pool. This led me to believe that their meaning for “holding” in the description was akin to simply having the ability active and ready to be charged, because her base m/s during those 60 seconds does increase.

    "because her base m/s during those 60 seconds does increase."

    We're gonna have too agree to disagree lol. Based on the devs wording and my experience it does not.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    I've been running monitor & abuse and blood echo.

    I have to say I'm actually a little disappointed when survivors cleanse. It's really easy to pick them off this way.

    I've actually started using M&A with her more, it's extremely noticeable how much closer you get on them before they know you're there. I find it much more reliable than something like Dark Devotion.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084735#Comment_1084735

    Exactly.

    It’s not always advantageous to Plague when survivors cleanse. It’s totally situational. The longer someone plays Plague, the more they realise this, and the more they come to learn that it requires real sensible strategy to get the most out of CP if it’s activated.

    Ssh, don't let the survivors know that!

    But really my build is built around them not cleansing. I might swap blood echoes for infectious, so if they do cleanse I'll get more mileage out of corrupt.

    But then a part of me feels it's losing their exhaustion perks that sometimes contributes to them wanting to cleanse.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084748#Comment_1084748

    Ssh, don't let the survivors know that!

    But really my build is built around them not cleansing. I might swap blood echoes for infectious, so if they do cleanse I'll get more mileage out of corrupt.

    But then a part of me feels it's losing their exhaustion perks that sometimes contributes to them wanting to cleanse.

    I find Blood Echoes is the perk that gets them to cleanse over anything else. They despise having their Exhaustion perks taken away. Most still won't cleanse over just Thanata.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084775#Comment_1084775

    I find Blood Echoes is the perk that gets them to cleanse over anything else. They despise having their Exhaustion perks taken away. Most still won't cleanse over just Thanata.

    Yeah thana seems pointless. It only works on gens and heals. Not even gates, chests or totems.

    Survivors don't need to heal against Plague.

    That means all you get out of it is around 12 seconds per gen. 2 survivors healing each other takes 16 seconds, that's 32 charges wasted. Thana doesn't even come close to making up for that loss.

    That's why I switched to monitor and blood echo. Get up close, no free pallet because no dead hard. The constant short chases builds up the pressure to keep them off gens. Then Pop for gen control.

  • What she really needs is better score events. she is so starved for points with her power.

  • After some of the reworks killers have been getting, I'm not sure I want Plague to be reworked. She just needs a few buffs, nothing major.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084819#Comment_1084819

    Yeah thana seems pointless. It only works on gens and heals. Not even gates, chests or totems.

    Survivors don't need to heal against Plague.

    That means all you get out of it is around 12 seconds per gen. 2 survivors healing each other takes 16 seconds, that's 32 charges wasted. Thana doesn't even come close to making up for that loss.

    That's why I switched to monitor and blood echo. Get up close, no free pallet because no dead hard. The constant short chases builds up the pressure to keep them off gens. Then Pop for gen control.

    I think it really shows how weak Thanata is when even on the best case scenario it's not even that great. There are just better options imo.

    I find Blood Echo fun to use but I still think it's not quite good enough even on Plague. The other perk options are just too good to give up. If Blood Echo was a shorter cooldown/no cooldown or refreshed on each hook then I think it might be worth. Or if they replace Hemorrhage with a different status effect that wasn't completely worthless.

    If perks are barely at the "good enough" line in their absolute best case scenario (Plague) I think it means they could use a little buff.

    I want to use Blood Echo, it just needs more imo.

  • I would like to see a trapper rework first but yes killer buffs are needed for many killers. I’d say trapper needs love first.

  • @korean_zombie said:

    I would like to see a trapper rework first but yes killer buffs are needed for many killers. I’d say trapper needs love first.

    They should add The Crapper as well so both cousins can be together

  • @Pandamonium said:

    Considering that fever, abdominal pain, vomiting, chills, bleeding and extreme weakness among others are symptoms of the plague, I think that slowing the survivors down in various ways is an effective idea that complements Adiris quite nicely.

    The hindered status effect should reflect abdominal pain and extreme weakness as an effect of those symptoms in my opinion. I am not sure, but Clown's power slows survivors down by 15% without add-ons. As plague's effect on a survivor is more long-term, it would be more fair to reduce that 5-10% for plague's hindered effect. Maybe have addons that do not directly increase the hindered status upon getting sick, but gradually have a worsened effect the longer a survivor stays sick.

    The haemorrhage status effect increases the bleeding frequency and fits quite nicely with the symptoms of the bubonic plague. However, as a feature of tracking survivors, this status effect is probably going to be useless, but perhaps the time it takes for blood pools to disappear.

    As a compromise, I would suggest needing more time/Hit more vile purge on survivors before they enter broken as it is incredibly easy to get sick.

    I agree. If this game uses killers from movies or use real life situations like getting sick, The Devs should use something relative. It just makes so much sense.